Author Topic: What Katy said...(Meet & greet's and concert reviews)  (Read 38866 times)

Offline peterbrabel

• Know it all
Re: What Katy said...(Meet & greet's and concert reviews)
« Reply #435 on: November 20, 2011, 12:01:00 PM »
i'll finally do mine.
it was November 5th-Nottingham:)
Its a bit of a blur, but ill try and remember it all.
When we were waiting Leah came out to us and said 'You all excited?' so we nodded then we were talking for a bit and we had a photo with her. Leah is lovely.We walked in and katy said 'yay my katycats' then spoke to us about the Emas & asked if anyone was going & to watch it because she had a cool new outfit. Then i dropped Olivia's camera (SORRY!) and Katy was just like 'OH MY GOSH'. Then she picked up her pen to sign something and she dropped the top & then said 'everythings flying everywhere!'. Then i walked upto her & gave her a bag with gifts in & she looked in it and said 'aw a west ham teddy' then pulled the kitty socks out and was just like 'angela! look! aww! its a cat! with a bell!' then started to shake the socks :hehe:. I accidently left my TD album in the bag and she pulled it out and said  'i think you forgot this, i have enough of these' then handed it to me and i dropped it straight on the floor, so Katy bent down to pick it up then put it on the little table. then she was like 'do you want something signed?' so i pulled out Vanity Fair and she took it and said 'whats your name sweetie?' so i said 'Sydney' and she said 'like the normal way?' so i said yeah & then she said 'Ok i still dont know how to spell it' then  angela laughed and i spelled out the first 3 letters then did the rest herself:P. Then said 'hm what shall we write? oh i know' then put 'Sydney, thanks for keeping my tootsie warm, love Katy<3' then she whispered 'i call my toes my tootsies!' then i laughed nervously.then she said 'Nice sign, i loved that'[the ones Becky made] & said just put your things on my table' then she took my hand and said 'picture time!' then said 'Kitty, meet Sydney' and she waved in my face and i was just there like 'Hi!' then we had our picture taken and angela said 'Perfect' Then i hugged Katy & said 'Thanks Katy!' then she said 'your welcome, get some candy!' and then as i was walking back she said 'you'll talk more next time, right? so i said 'right' then she said 'you promise?' so i nodded and said 'promise'. I walked over to the table and said 'I love you Katy & she said i love you too!' Then angela gave us all a tour lollipop & i took a candy necklace.  Then i started crying again [embarrasing :theface:] and Katy looked over & said 'aw that one's sad!' then Lydia said ' dont cry, its supposed to be the best day of your life!' then Katy looked at us and said 'well apart from when you get married' then we both said 'No, this beats that!' and Katy laughed. Then it was time to leave and as we were walking out Katy said 'Bye guys!!' & i said back 'Bye Katy'!
Thankyou so much KPF :xx:

Don't worry about the camera Sydney, everyone always drops my camera! :lol:  :lol: It's a great review :pinkbow:

LOL Olivia talked about you dropping her camera in her meet and greet.

Offline Val_Katycat

• Leaves Them All in Awe
  • ~ Growing up but not giving up ~ ♥
« Reply #436 on: November 20, 2011, 12:03:57 PM »
i'll finally do mine.
When we were waiting Leah came out to us and said 'You all excited?' so we nodded then we were talking for a bit and we had a photo with her. Leah is lovely.We walked in and katy said 'yay my katycats' then spoke to us about the Emas & asked if anyone was going & to watch it because she had a cool new outfit. Then i dropped Olivia's camera (SORRY!) and Katy was just like 'OH MY GOSH'. Then she picked up her pen to sign something and she dropped the top & then said 'everythings flying everywhere!'. Then i walked upto her & gave her a bag with gifts in & she looked in it and said 'aw a west ham teddy' then pulled the kitty socks out and was just like 'angela! look! aww! its a cat! with a bell!' then started to shake the socks :hehe:. I accidently left my TD album in the bag and she pulled it out and said  'i think you forgot this, i have enough of these' then handed it to me and i dropped it straight on the floor, so Katy bent down to pick it up then put it on the little table. then she was like 'do you want something signed?' so i pulled out Vanity Fair and she took it and said 'whats your name sweetie?' so i said 'Sydney' and she said 'like the normal way?' so i said yeah & then she said 'Ok i still dont know how to spell it' then  angela laughed and i spelled out the first 3 letters then did the rest herself:P. Then said 'hm what shall we write? oh i know' then put 'Sydney, thanks for keeping my tootsie warm, love Katy<3' then she whispered 'i call my toes my tootsies!' then i laughed nervously.then she said 'Nice sign, i loved that'[the ones Becky made] & said just put your things on my table' then she took my hand and said 'picture time!' then said 'Kitty, meet Sydney' and she waved in my face and i was just there like 'Hi!' then we had our picture taken and angela said 'Perfect' Then i hugged Katy & said 'Thanks Katy!' then she said 'your welcome, get some candy!' and then as i was walking back she said 'you'll talk more next time, right? so i said 'right' then she said 'you promise?' so i nodded and said 'promise'. I walked over to the table and said 'I love you Katy & she said i love you too!' Then angela gave us all a tour lollipop & i took a candy necklace.  Then i started crying again [embarrasing :theface:] and Katy looked over & said 'aw that one's sad!' then Lydia said ' dont cry, its supposed to be the best day of your life!' then Katy looked at us and said 'well apart from when you get married' then we both said 'No, this beats that!' and Katy laughed. Then it was time to leave and as we were walking out Katy said 'Bye guys!!' & i said back 'Bye Katy'!

Don't worry about the camera Sydney, everyone always drops my camera! :lol:  :lol: It's a great review :pinkbow:

Awww I love it !!! Seriously, your reviews guys, they make me love Katy even more.
Apparently I'm the KatyCat #13736 ♥ I love food. And I want to be a surgeon. Oh and I watch too many TV shows. Here are some wise words from Katy : "All I need in this life of sin is me and my kitten."

Offline sineadkatyperry

• Purrrfection
« Reply #437 on: November 20, 2011, 03:10:01 PM »
i'll finally do mine.

Awww I love it !!! Seriously, your reviews guys, they make me love Katy even more.

aw this is so cute :') totes beats your wedding day!

Offline beckybo0

• Makes Cupcakes Cry
« Reply #438 on: November 21, 2011, 04:07:26 PM »
i really wanna post my M&G story.. but its like really really late cuz i didnt see this thread before! so i apologise its not an up to date one!

So after waiting around for the arena for ages for them to make their mind up about where we had to collect the M&G passes we finally got given them at 6pm and told we was meeting her at 7ish..  so me and the other four lovely girls who won the passes (Jemma, Harley, Chloe and Katie) sat firstly on the floor in the middle of the box office nervously doing our hair and make up (and dying for the toilet but they said that we couldnt use them!) then finally got took to a seated area to wait! there seemed to be a lot of people with passes and we was getting more nervous and thought we wouldnt get long with her.. eventually a man came and collected us last of all and took us down all these halls until we reached this door where someone checked us off on the list.. then Angela came out to meet us and said hi (i got excited seeing Angela) and she explained the rules once we go in!.. All of us was so quiet at that point as nerves had taken over! Angela was like come on in then! so we walked in to Candyfornia, it smelt so good, kitty purry was stood in the corner, and there she was, standing by a table smiling and waving!
As soon as we was in the room she walked over to us and was like Hi!! im Katy, and shook all of our hands, she was like to Harley, your nails are cute, then she commented on mine and Jemmas i think!.. anyways she started talking to us and told us to put our stuff over on the floor, and was like i think we should have our photos first then chat and have stuff signed, and we all agreed!

Katy was then like guys, i have a question, can you help me with it, what do you think is better in your opinion? Topshop or River Island? so i answered River Island, and she was like, why do you say that? Are they better fashion wise or pricewise, and i answered both (haha i am river island biased).. We then all went up to have our photos with Katy, when it got to my turn i went up and was gonna play guess who is dressed as Kitty Purry today, cuz everyone told me beforehand its fun to work it out by playing the guessing game.. but i actually didnt need to lol, cuz i went to stand next to Katy and Kitty Purry started to poke me in the ticklish part of my ribs so i looked at him and was like Scott :D! and he smiled, was happy it was scotty in the suit!.. We then had my pic with Katy..

We was stood there then
Someone: Katy are you happy to be back in the Uk
Katy: yes i have really missed it here,
Me:, Katy, what happened,
Katy: What do you mean
Me: what happened, didnt you get the memo about bringing the weather with you? its rained all day..
(she laughed)
Katy:  oooooh, yeaaa... well, im on my period that my explain it..
and i was like :O as if Katy Perry had just told me she was on her period haha! we all kinda just looked at each other and laughed!...
Then she was like so guys, if you wanna come up one by one with your thing to be signed, and if you have a gift, and its totally fine an ok if you didnt bring one, but i can see all you guys did, then bring it up with you, i dont know if ill have time to open and look through all of them but ill try..
so again ii went last and i took my stuff up with me! Firstly i gave her the card from everyone that sent me messages from the KPF, and she was impressed with it, she stroked it haha, and strated looking through it! and i said who it was from and she was like
Katy: awww! there are a lot of people in here! *flicks through it* it awesome! how long did it take to make! 
Me: it actually took quite a long time really!
Katy (still flicking through it)  are you normally a creative person?
Me:  i try to be but im not really lol! then i was like oooooh Katy, you have to read the message from my friend Karys, i think its the funniest one i had,
Katy: sure thing, (and she read it)
It said “Katy, i love you you are everything, i want to marry you one day and touch your left boob! Happy birthday love karys”
Katy: why did she decide it was my left boob she wants to touch?
Me:i have no idea what goes through Kary’s head
Katy: is it cuz she know my left boob is more sensitive than my right one when people touch them?!..
 i was like :O what do you even reply to that haha! Katy telling you her left boob is sensitive!?! haha.. anyways she thanked me for the book and she put it up safely
Me: katy you made me laugh today,
Katy: oh really, why?
Me: well, you tweeted about beans on toast, and i saw it as a sign, cuz i  got you something
Katy ooooh what did you get?!
I started getting this ring out of box  it was like a white plate with 2 slices of toast on and beans.. and before i had finsihed getting it out and finshed sayin what i was saying she had grabbed it out of my hand and was putting it on her finger
Katy: OMG let me see!
Me: i saw it and thought of you straight away!
Katy: i love it, thank you, its amazing! Its beans on toast! Omg! How did you know!
then she paused fora second and went quiet, and i looked at her, and she stared back and she said loudly and looked at everyone
Katy: Im so teary eyed right now, this is the best ring ive ever been given! it really is..
she had actual tears in her eyes, she was then like i got to show Anglea, and she walked forward
Katy: Angela, look at this, *Anglea came over* its beans on toast on a ring how amazing!
Anglea: omg wow! *Katy came back*
Katy: i love you, this is the best thing ever, its twitter worthy, im gonna tweet about it!
Me: really?(and thought you probs say that to everyone  and never will lol) im so glad you liked it, i was hoping youd laugh at it! and you tweeting about beans on toast made it perfect timing!
Katy: it just amazing, its perfect, it really is! Thank you so much! I love it and you
 and stared at it lol!... never in a million years did i think that ring would get that reaction, was kinda overwhelming! im so happy she liked it though!!...
Me: are you  excited for tonights show
Katy yes im so excited about it, but nervous cuz  ive had a bit of time off and im sure im gonna forget the lyrics,
Me: im sure you wont!
Katy: yea, i can feel i am going to!..
Me: we shall see!
then she signed my Katy Hudson CD,
Katy: niiiiice! I like the CD ;) *winked*
 she is so cute! i love how she says what she is writing outloud whilst she is writing it haha! she was like "Becky, I love you SO much and you give amazing rings, love Katy x"
Me: *with a huge grin on my face* awwww, thank you!!
Katy:i mean it
 and i got a hug from her (she smelt sooo good!).. then she started stroking the shoulder of my dress, Katy:  i love this too! where is this from?
 so i kinda cringed (cuz the top was in the sale lol) and so i kinda whispered dorthy perkins, and she give me this look and was like ooooh, ok,and did  the nudge nudge wink wink to me!..

she was then asked about her new perfume and she was like purr is getting a little sister, and we was like what was the name, and she said well my pr is tweeting the winners to the comp for me whilst im in here with you, it is going to be calld meow!!.. i cant remeber what she was doing then, but i think she started talking to Angela, so i went over to scott, and he gave me a hug and we started chatting!
then Katy was like pleeease help yourself to cotton candy and cupcakes etc cuz no else has!! so we helped ourselves and got a hug and said bye!.. was the most amazing experience ever!..even if we did end up almost at the back for the show! Me Jemma and Katy stood there like in total awe and blown away for most of the show! It really was perfect! (and she kept true to what she said about the tweet! I died on the hotel room floor! Literally like screaming like a crazy person!) Thanks KPF for making dreams come true <3
(sorry its so late and so long! I have so much to say about this day! I actually stood in the concert after meeting her and wrote everything we talked about as a note in my phone so i wouldn’t forget things lol)
Prismatic World Touring <3

Offline foobia

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
« Reply #439 on: November 21, 2011, 04:25:19 PM »
i really wanna post my M&G story.. but its like really really late cuz i didnt see this thread before! so i apologise its not an up to date one!

So after waiting around for the arena for ages for them to make their mind up about where we had to collect the M&G passes we finally got given them at 6pm and told we was meeting her at 7ish..  so me and the other four lovely girls who won the passes (Jemma, Harley, Chloe and Katie) sat firstly on the floor in the middle of the box office nervously doing our hair and make up (and dying for the toilet but they said that we couldnt use them!) then finally got took to a seated area to wait! there seemed to be a lot of people with passes and we was getting more nervous and thought we wouldnt get long with her.. eventually a man came and collected us last of all and took us down all these halls until we reached this door where someone checked us off on the list.. then Angela came out to meet us and said hi (i got excited seeing Angela) and she explained the rules once we go in!.. All of us was so quiet at that point as nerves had taken over! Angela was like come on in then! so we walked in to Candyfornia, it smelt so good, kitty purry was stood in the corner, and there she was, standing by a table smiling and waving!
As soon as we was in the room she walked over to us and was like Hi!! im Katy, and shook all of our hands, she was like to Harley, your nails are cute, then she commented on mine and Jemmas i think!.. anyways she started talking to us and told us to put our stuff over on the floor, and was like i think we should have our photos first then chat and have stuff signed, and we all agreed!

Katy was then like guys, i have a question, can you help me with it, what do you think is better in your opinion? Topshop or River Island? so i answered River Island, and she was like, why do you say that? Are they better fashion wise or pricewise, and i answered both (haha i am river island biased).. We then all went up to have our photos with Katy, when it got to my turn i went up and was gonna play guess who is dressed as Kitty Purry today, cuz everyone told me beforehand its fun to work it out by playing the guessing game.. but i actually didnt need to lol, cuz i went to stand next to Katy and Kitty Purry started to poke me in the ticklish part of my ribs so i looked at him and was like Scott :D! and he smiled, was happy it was scotty in the suit!.. We then had my pic with Katy..

We was stood there then
Someone: Katy are you happy to be back in the Uk
Katy: yes i have really missed it here,
Me:, Katy, what happened,
Katy: What do you mean
Me: what happened, didnt you get the memo about bringing the weather with you? its rained all day..
(she laughed)
Katy:  oooooh, yeaaa... well, im on my period that my explain it..
and i was like :O as if Katy Perry had just told me she was on her period haha! we all kinda just looked at each other and laughed!...
Then she was like so guys, if you wanna come up one by one with your thing to be signed, and if you have a gift, and its totally fine an ok if you didnt bring one, but i can see all you guys did, then bring it up with you, i dont know if ill have time to open and look through all of them but ill try..
so again ii went last and i took my stuff up with me! Firstly i gave her the card from everyone that sent me messages from the KPF, and she was impressed with it, she stroked it haha, and strated looking through it! and i said who it was from and she was like
Katy: awww! there are a lot of people in here! *flicks through it* it awesome! how long did it take to make! 
Me: it actually took quite a long time really!
Katy (still flicking through it)  are you normally a creative person?
Me:  i try to be but im not really lol! then i was like oooooh Katy, you have to read the message from my friend Karys, i think its the funniest one i had,
Katy: sure thing, (and she read it)
It said “Katy, i love you you are everything, i want to marry you one day and touch your left boob! Happy birthday love karys”
Katy: why did she decide it was my left boob she wants to touch?
Me:i have no idea what goes through Kary’s head
Katy: is it cuz she know my left boob is more sensitive than my right one when people touch them?!..
 i was like :O what do you even reply to that haha! Katy telling you her left boob is sensitive!?! haha.. anyways she thanked me for the book and she put it up safely
Me: katy you made me laugh today,
Katy: oh really, why?
Me: well, you tweeted about beans on toast, and i saw it as a sign, cuz i  got you something
Katy ooooh what did you get?!
I started getting this ring out of box  it was like a white plate with 2 slices of toast on and beans.. and before i had finsihed getting it out and finshed sayin what i was saying she had grabbed it out of my hand and was putting it on her finger
Katy: OMG let me see!
Me: i saw it and thought of you straight away!
Katy: i love it, thank you, its amazing! Its beans on toast! Omg! How did you know!
then she paused fora second and went quiet, and i looked at her, and she stared back and she said loudly and looked at everyone
Katy: Im so teary eyed right now, this is the best ring ive ever been given! it really is..
she had actual tears in her eyes, she was then like i got to show Anglea, and she walked forward
Katy: Angela, look at this, *Anglea came over* its beans on toast on a ring how amazing!
Anglea: omg wow! *Katy came back*
Katy: i love you, this is the best thing ever, its twitter worthy, im gonna tweet about it!
Me: really?(and thought you probs say that to everyone  and never will lol) im so glad you liked it, i was hoping youd laugh at it! and you tweeting about beans on toast made it perfect timing!
Katy: it just amazing, its perfect, it really is! Thank you so much! I love it and you
 and stared at it lol!... never in a million years did i think that ring would get that reaction, was kinda overwhelming! im so happy she liked it though!!...
Me: are you  excited for tonights show
Katy yes im so excited about it, but nervous cuz  ive had a bit of time off and im sure im gonna forget the lyrics,
Me: im sure you wont!
Katy: yea, i can feel i am going to!..
Me: we shall see!
then she signed my Katy Hudson CD,
Katy: niiiiice! I like the CD ;) *winked*
 she is so cute! i love how she says what she is writing outloud whilst she is writing it haha! she was like "Becky, I love you SO much and you give amazing rings, love Katy x"
Me: *with a huge grin on my face* awwww, thank you!!
Katy:i mean it
 and i got a hug from her (she smelt sooo good!).. then she started stroking the shoulder of my dress, Katy:  i love this too! where is this from?
 so i kinda cringed (cuz the top was in the sale lol) and so i kinda whispered dorthy perkins, and she give me this look and was like ooooh, ok,and did  the nudge nudge wink wink to me!..

she was then asked about her new perfume and she was like purr is getting a little sister, and we was like what was the name, and she said well my pr is tweeting the winners to the comp for me whilst im in here with you, it is going to be calld meow!!.. i cant remeber what she was doing then, but i think she started talking to Angela, so i went over to scott, and he gave me a hug and we started chatting!
then Katy was like pleeease help yourself to cotton candy and cupcakes etc cuz no else has!! so we helped ourselves and got a hug and said bye!.. was the most amazing experience ever!..even if we did end up almost at the back for the show! Me Jemma and Katy stood there like in total awe and blown away for most of the show! It really was perfect! (and she kept true to what she said about the tweet! I died on the hotel room floor! Literally like screaming like a crazy person!) Thanks KPF for making dreams come true <3
(sorry its so late and so long! I have so much to say about this day! I actually stood in the concert after meeting her and wrote everything we talked about as a note in my phone so i wouldn’t forget things lol)

Can I just save yours as a Document :D, so that I read it over and over and over again. My favfavfav!!! ... but, how did she know your twitter name :O?
she's awesome, isn't she?

@tlauraful

Offline Val_Katycat

• Leaves Them All in Awe
« Reply #440 on: November 21, 2011, 04:29:54 PM »
@becky YOUR REVIEW IS SO HILARIOUS !! Katy is ! LOL I love it !!!!!! I laughed so much I can't even.  :lol:
Apparently I'm the KatyCat #13736 ♥ I love food. And I want to be a surgeon. Oh and I watch too many TV shows. Here are some wise words from Katy : "All I need in this life of sin is me and my kitten."

Offline tinaluvsu

• Futuristic Lover
  • Katy Perry is truly an inspiration!
« Reply #441 on: November 22, 2011, 01:26:34 AM »
SO SO SO CUTE about the beans on toast ring!
-Tina The Diva-

Offline Candymonster

• Is Ready
  • Music is my life ♥
« Reply #442 on: November 22, 2011, 11:38:36 AM »
Awwww Becks ur review is soooooo cute :')

I LOVE IT :D

And Katy loved u!  :)
# btw I really had to laugh about the things she said in the beginning like with her periods+the message of ur friend  :lol:
http://euflowria.tumblr.com/     //     http://you-are-a-katycat-when.tumblr.com/        

02/26 Munich + 10/31 Manchester

Offline peterbrabel

• Know it all
« Reply #443 on: November 22, 2011, 01:37:06 PM »
Okay WHEW.

So this is my concert.

Background

So the concert was in Oakland, and I live in San Jose, so it's a pretty long drive.
The problem was, I had to get there at 6, in the middle of traffic, so we thought, why not go by train?
Even on the way to the train station, there was still an unusual amount of traffic, so we braved it out and I got to the venue by around 6:40. 40 minutes LATE.
Oracle Arena is really a mess. The venue itself is huge, and there's only one box-office area, way at the other side of the arena. It takes quite a while to get there. Also, the arena is built with a ton of stairs, so you have to climb a bit. The security people took around 5 minutes to find my pass, and there was a line of people behind me looking quite annoyed.  :rofl: I said sorry after I got the passes even though I didn't have to.

Meet And Greet

So I read the instructions on the envelope, and the guy told me to go to "116 now." saying I might have been too late.
I had no idea I  couldn't bring my backpack in, so Security told me to check it in. I had no idea where check in was,
turns out it was this tiny room, with no signage. When I went in, the little lady checking it in took forever, doing it quite leisurely.
I was totally insane now, because I had no idea whether or not I had been too late. I finally got into the venue I bet at around 7, thinking surely I must've been late.
Turns out, there were around 70 other people still waiting for the security to pick them up, so I was really relieved. Most of them were actually Air Force people.
And I don't think they actually were in the military, a lot of them were kids and teens and they looked very young. I had two adults standing next to me, and they knew like nothing about Katy Perry. I think the Air Force people were just given an opportunity to meet her, and they said yes of course.
It was sad they weren't real fans. This one guy only knew the line "daisy dukes."

ANYWAYS. I waited forever and I realized I left my newsletter messages in Check In so I begged security to go up and come back.
After that, I got my letters and I found the other katycat. :D She was Tammy. She was really nice. Two other people applied, but apparently they didn't show up or claim their passes. Tammy was really nice and we talked a lot. Haha. When it was almost our turn, we were lead into a little room and it was teeny tiny. We saw Angela and at the same time Tammy and I both said "HI ANGELAA!" And she said Hi, and went back.
Tammy and I both planned to ask her to dance on stage after we had both talked to her individually.

Tammy went first and she seemed very excited. My only complaint, the whole thing didn't even last 4 minutes. I'm not kidding. For both of us.
Katy was really nice, she wasn't wearing any shoes so I was taller than her. I asked about her tattoo and she just lifted her leg and patted her ankle with two bandages.  :rofl:  When she saw the thing I wanted to autograph she glanced at it for a few seconds, and she said she was like taking a trip down memory lane. I gave her the letters and told them they were from Katycats all over the world and she should read them, and she glanced at them very briefly. I don't know if she read them or not.  :'(
She signed it with "Jackie nice to meet you, Katy <3"

Katy: May I see your poster?"
Me: Okay, I just thought it was really fitting because of your special AMA award last night.
We took our picture with the poster and Kitty Purry.
Katy was really cute in her ice cream dress. :D  She told me another fan designed it for her, Annecy's friend right?
The whole thing didn't even last a minute and a half.  :-\ I think she really liked my poster, she looked really happy when she saw it. :)
I had some gifts for Katy but they were in my back pack and security made me check it in.  ??? So I couldn't give them to her.

Tammy was hanging out by the candy table, so I went over there and was like "Okay, are you ready to ask to dance?  ;)" Then immediately these rude people who already had a chance to meet her barged in again to ask for another picture, and we were like, oh okay, we'll ask for after they leave, since we should have time.
I knew that because when we were about to meet her, the security was surprised we were already almost done.
However, while the people who already had a picture asked for another one, the security told us very firmly to get out. We were hesitant for a few seconds, but the man was like "GET OUT!" even though we were the last people to meet her. Usually you get time to mill in the room, we didn't have any of that. The ultimate VIP people got to meet her longer than we did.
Also we didn't have time to even grab a single piece of candy or ask Katy to dance on stage and to say thank you or goodbye.  :'( We also didn't get any cotton candy.

Tammy and I  went up the concert and said our good byes, Tammy was really nice.

Concert

THe concert was absolutely amazing. I held up my sign while she performed her number one singles, and she saw it twice and pointed it right at me during Teenage Dream and Firework.
Katy's jokes were truly hilarious and I loved how she showed off her voice. Not Like The Movies and Thinking of You were really magical.
When she invited a guy to come on stage, it was a guy from the very very back and when he came on stage, it was really quite graphic.
In addition to stroking his chest, she pinched his chest really really hard it was all caught close up on the camera.  :rofl:
I loved how the brownie made her go into utter sexual overdrive, and when she swore in CTD all the parents were lik e  :O *covers their children's ears*
The performances were so high energy and the concert video was really funny. I wished they used the real Kitty Purry though.
During Last Friday Night they actually showed the picture I submitted twice, there were some really funny pictures!
It was so funny going out after the concert was over and seeing a ton of people with white stuff in their hair.
I didn't get any merch since I didn't have any time, (or money  :hehe:)
I also love how she incorporated her tour dancers into the tour video, it was great!
Everyone just seemed to have an amazing time. DJ Skeet Skeet was okay, but to be honest he didn't have me jumping.
I missed most of Ellie Goulding, I only caught her ET cover, and from what I heard she's very talented.

We rode the train back home and we got home at like 2:30 in the morning, so my parents were pissed.
But all in all, it was an amazing evening, full of sparks and beautiful moments, just that the meet and greet was a teeny bit disappointment.

Thank you KPF and all the staff members for WORKING soo HARD to orchestrate this wonderful event!
I had an AMAZING time and even though the m&g didn't go as I wanted, don't get me wrong it was extraordinary! I mean, who doesn't, meeting her? :D

Pictures coming later!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 06:11:02 PM by peterbrabel »

Offline Val_Katycat

• Leaves Them All in Awe
« Reply #444 on: November 22, 2011, 01:58:05 PM »
Ohhh I'm so sorry it didn't turn out the way it should have ! :( This sucks really ! I'm kinda confused Katy didn't make it better but yeah if you say there were 70 people it's a lot for one night. But I'm really sad for you, seriously :/ Just think you got to meet her just even see her closer and you got a pic and an autograph. Some people would die to have that you know ;)

Offline peterbrabel

• Know it all
« Reply #445 on: November 22, 2011, 02:00:26 PM »
Ohhh I'm so sorry it didn't turn out the way it should have ! :( This sucks really ! I'm kinda confused Katy didn't make it better but yeah if you say there were 70 people it's a lot for one night. But I'm really sad for you, seriously :/ Just think you got to meet her just even see her closer and you got a pic and an autograph. Some people would die to have that you know ;)
Yeah, I forgot to say it but I am really really thankful to KPF for this opportunity and just the fact I got to meet her.   :thumbzup:  It was still amazing.

*goes to find thank you thread*

EDIT: I also think Katy must've been really really tired so she didn't talk as much.
She is superwoman, after all!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 02:17:21 PM by peterbrabel »

Offline Tammy393

• Wannabe
« Reply #446 on: November 22, 2011, 10:31:36 PM »
Okay WHEW.

So this is my concert.

Background

So the concert was in Oakland, and I live in San Jose, so it's a pretty long drive.
The problem was, I had to get there at 6, in the middle of traffic, so we thought, why not go by train?
Even on the way to the train station, there was still an unusual amount of traffic, so we braved it out and I got to the venue by around 6:40. 40 minutes LATE.
Oracle Arena is really a mess. The venue itself is huge, and there's only one box-office area, way at the other side of the arena. It takes quite a while to get there. Also, the arena is built with a ton of stairs, so you have to climb a bit. The security people took around 5 minutes to find my pass, and there was a line of people behind me looking quite annoyed.  :rofl: I said sorry after I got the passes even though I didn't have to.

Meet And Greet

So I read the instructions on the envelope, and the guy told me to go to "116 now." saying I might have been too late.
I had no idea I  couldn't bring my backpack in, so Security told me to check it in. I had no idea where check in was,
turns out it was this tiny room, with no signage. When I went in, the little lady checking it in took forever, doing it quite leisurely.
I was totally insane now, because I had no idea whether or not I had been too late. I finally got into the venue I bet at around 7, thinking surely I must've been late.
Turns out, there were around 70 other people still waiting for the security to pick them up, so I was really relieved. Most of them were actually Air Force people.
And I don't think they actually were in the military, a lot of them were kids and teens and they looked very young. I had two adults standing next to me, and they knew like nothing about Katy Perry. I think the Air Force people were just given an opportunity to meet her, and they said yes of course.
It was sad they weren't real fans. This one guy only knew the line "daisy dukes."

ANYWAYS. I waited forever and I realized I left my newsletter messages in Check In so I begged security to go up and come back.
After that, I got my letters and I found the other katycat. :D She was Tammy. She was really nice. Two other people applied, but apparently they didn't show up or claim their passes. Tammy was really nice and we talked a lot. Haha. When it was almost our turn, we were lead into a little room and it was teeny tiny. We saw Angela and at the same time Tammy and I both said "HI ANGELAA!" And she said Hi, and went back.
Tammy and I both planned to ask her to dance on stage after we had both talked to her individually.

Tammy went first and she seemed very excited. My only complaint, the whole thing didn't even last 4 minutes. I'm not kidding. For both of us.
Katy was really nice, she wasn't wearing any shoes so I was taller than her. I asked about her tattoo and she just lifted her leg and patted her ankle with two bandages.  :rofl:  When she saw the thing I wanted to autograph she glanced at it for a few seconds, and she said she was like taking a trip down memory lane. I gave her the letters and told them they were from Katycats all over the world and she should read them, and she glanced at them very briefly. I don't know if she read them or not.  :'(
She signed it with "Jackie nice to meet you, Katy <3"

Katy: May I see your poster?"
Me: Okay, I just thought it was really fitting because of your special AMA award last night.
We took our picture with the poster and Kitty Purry.
Katy was really cute in her ice cream dress. :D  She told me another fan designed it for her, Annecy's friend right?
The whole thing didn't even last a minute and a half.  :-\ I think she really liked my poster, she looked really happy when she saw it. :)
I had some gifts for Katy but they were in my back pack and security made me check it in.  ??? So I couldn't give them to her.

Tammy was hanging out by the candy table, so I went over there and was like "Okay, are you ready to ask to dance?  ;)" Then immediately these rude people who already had a chance to meet her barged in again to ask for another picture, and we were like, oh okay, we'll ask for after they leave, since we should have time.
I knew that because when we were about to meet her, the security was surprised we were already almost done.
However, while the people who already had a picture asked for another one, the security told us very firmly to get out. We were hesitant for a few seconds, but the man was like "GET OUT!" even though we were the last people to meet her. Usually you get time to mill in the room, we didn't have any of that. The ultimate VIP people got to meet her longer than we did.
Also we didn't have time to even grab a single piece of candy or ask Katy to dance on stage and to say thank you or goodbye.  :'( We also didn't get any cotton candy.

Tammy and I  went up the concert and said our good byes, Tammy was really nice.

Concert

THe concert was absolutely amazing. I held up my sign while she performed her number one singles, and she saw it twice and pointed it right at me during Teenage Dream and Firework.
Katy's jokes were truly hilarious and I loved how she showed off her voice. Not Like The Movies and Thinking of You were really magical.
When she invited a guy to come on stage, it was a guy from the very very back and when he came on stage, it was really quite graphic.
In addition to stroking his chest, she pinched his chest really really hard it was all caught close up on the camera.  :rofl:
I loved how the brownie made her go into utter sexual overdrive, and when she swore in CTD all the parents were lik e  :O *covers their children's ears*
The performances were so high energy and the concert video was really funny. I wished they used the real Kitty Purry though.
During Last Friday Night they actually showed the picture I submitted twice, there were some really funny pictures!
It was so funny going out after the concert was over and seeing a ton of people with white stuff in their hair.
I didn't get any merch since I didn't have any time, (or money  :hehe:)
I also love how she incorporated her tour dancers into the tour video, it was great!
Everyone just seemed to have an amazing time. DJ Skeet Skeet was okay, but to be honest he didn't have me jumping.
I missed most of Ellie Goulding, I only caught her ET cover, and from what I heard she's very talented.

We rode the train back home and we got home at like 2:30 in the morning, so my parents were pissed.
But all in all, it was an amazing evening, full of sparks and beautiful moments, just that the meet and greet was a teeny bit disappointment.

Thank you KPF and all the staff members for WORKING soo HARD to orchestrate this wonderful event!
I had an AMAZING time and even though the m&g didn't go as I wanted, don't get me wrong it was extraordinary! I mean, who doesn't, meeting her? :D

Pictures coming later!
You  pretty much summed it all up! It was awesome meeting you Jackie! :) I do agree the whole thing seemed rushed though :/

Offline TomTom

• Not What I Planned
« Reply #447 on: November 23, 2011, 05:47:24 AM »
Even though i obviously wasn't there the only reason i can think that she would have behaved like that is probs cos shes exhausted and wanted to get through everyone within a certain time.

When i met her i got around a 1 and half mins but i was grateful just to get that, a lot of people would have loved to have won.

Many thanks to Lazy Blazy for all her hard work in organising these meet and greets for the majority of the tour!

Will deffo be trying to win again on the next tour.

05/11/11  
05/07/12 -Katy Perry: Part of Me 3D

Offline ItsCarolaG

• Cherry Chapstick
  • I love Katy ♥
« Reply #448 on: November 26, 2011, 06:34:12 PM »
I remember reading all the reviews and saying "I wish I could meet Katy"... I never thought it would happen, but it did!

I already wrote my review in another topic but i wanted this one to be a little bit longerrrrr :D

I arrived at the venue at 4pm. The line wasn't that long. I asked my dad to go the box office, so he would ask anyone if they knew anything about the forum and the M&G. Nobody knew anything about it, so I decided to go with him. After asking some people and realizing that they didn't know what forum was i found four girls sitting on the floor waiting. It turned out that they were the other girls from the forum. It was so exciting because the fact that i was going to meet Katy felt even more real. As i had read that a lot of people met Katy at 6pm or so, i decided to wait to see what happened. The staff from the venue didn't know anything about the M&G but they were so nice to us and did a lot to help us through the way.
Well, at 7.15 pm we received the e-mail from the KPF saying that we had to ask for Julio and he would give us the passes or something like that. AGAIN, nobody knew anything about Julio so we didn't know what to do. After waiting another hour, a man from the Katy staff came and told us he was going to give us the passes. After giving us the passes, we waited 10 minutes till he came out and called us by saying "KatyCats" hahaha (I felt so shpeshul). We had to go upstairs and Angela came (OMG) and said "Do you have cameras" and we were like "YESS" and she said "Okay, it's one picture and one thing signed". She's so sweet and beautifullllllllll. So when we got in, there she was, with her pink hairr! She said hi and asked for our namesand hugged us. We started to talk but i didn't say anything because i'm so shy and she's so beautiful that i couldn't let my words flow like honey sweet and laid on thick hahahha
She saw the presents the girls had brougth her (i only gave her a letter  :twitch: ) She saw this picture of a cat and she loved it, when she asked what a mate was she was like "MATE?" and she asked us if she could put some alcohol in it. Imagine how dissappointed she was when we said no hahaha and we took our pictures and then she signed our stuff. I gave her my One of the boys album, cause it's my favorite and she asked what my name was i was like:
ME: Carola
KATY: Can you spell it?
ME: C-a-r-o-l-a
She signed: Carola ♥ Love you, Katy.
After that she told me:
Katy: you look cute today
Me: thanks
Katy: and I love your nails
Me: thanks my best friend did them for me.
So we went with the other gurls, and she was like "Thanks girls, give me a hug" (this is the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHx6idUCC08 )
And i told her "Thanks for coming" and she said "Of course" (that appears on the video hahaha)

After that we went inside the venue and she only sang her singles (except for The one that got away) apart from Hummingbird Heartbeat and Circle the drain.

So, it was the best night of my life.

I LOVE KATY EVEN MORE SINCE THAT <3

No one can take my pearl.

Offline RoCk_StAr_GiRl

• Reading Hemingway
  • Glitter all over the room....
« Reply #449 on: November 26, 2011, 07:38:49 PM »
I can't believe it's taken me so long to write my review....I don't think it's fully sunk in! I met Katy on the 4th of November in Glasgow! I was so excited when I heard I'd won...I went to all three of her gigs in Glasgow and entered all the meet and greet contests but didnt win till the last one...I was absoloutely ecstatic to win!I have to keep this fairy short as i'm in a rush and to be honest the whole night was a bit of a blur! After some confusion and alot of waiting at the box office, I finally got my pass. I was so nervous I seriously thought I was going to be sick so never spoke to any of the fans in the queue until later. After what felt like forever, it was finally our turn to meet Katy. It was exciting to see who the other Katycats were (Id spoken to a few of them at this point which was nice!) and go in together! I was the second Katycat to meet Katy. She was so lovely and absoloutely stunning! She said she loved my hair and told me I look like Florence Welsh from Florence and the Machine (not sure if it's a compliment or an insult?! :P) and Amy Adams. We talked for a good 5 minutes...she seemed really interested to hear I was a makeup artist and talked to me a lot about that. It was also really nice as I'd bought her a lipstick that always reminds me of her and she seemed really happy with it. I got her to sign my CDT poster and she signed it 'To Amy - You Look Gorge! <3 Katy Perry xx' which I love! I can't wait to frame it with my ticket and m&g pass!! We then took a photo and she told me to go and help myself to the sweets. We all waited in the room whilst Katy talked to the other katyfans. She then spent a little bit time with us as a group before we said bye and left. She gave us all big hugs which was amazing. I felt really bad 'cos one of the fans (the one who went up to her first) left straight after she had her pic taken and missed out on some of the time with Katy. I felt really bad for her when I talked to her after (she had travelled all the way from Germany!). I've attatched my pic for you all to see - sorry if there's lots of typos in this - my keyboard is being really annoying and a few of the keys are broken so I can't use the return key etc!! xxxx