Author Topic: VIP PACKAGES  (Read 75896 times)

Offline Mattm42

• Jaw-Dropping
  • Do it all again.
Re: VIP PACKAGES
« Reply #945 on: July 18, 2014, 11:03:03 AM »
Here's my run down of VIP Packages (I got Reflection Section VIP in Montreal)

A week before the show I received an e-mai lwith instructins as to where to go and at what time. I was told to go to a certain entrance at 4:15 pm to check-in and should show up no later than 5:30 pm or else it would be closed. Shortly after I received an e-mail from UPS saying a shipment was on my way and it would arrive the day after the concert (annoying, but w.e).

So we showed up at the venue at 4 pm and there was already a huge line for VIP Reflection Section (probably 35 people in front of me). In total there were 71 people with this package. They started checking us in at 4:20 and were told to go upstairs after check in and wait in another line. You had to make sure to have ID since they had a "VIP list" and were checking off names. If you didn't have ID you couldn't get in. So make sure if it's under your dads name or something he is physically there to show ID or else you can't get in!!!! This was the case for one person in line... their dad had bought the tickets, used his name for information, but wasn't present to let his daughters in so they got kicked out and were just in normal line (bye bye 300$).

So I got checked in and given a braclet by around 4:45 and went upstairs to wait. There we waited till about 5:55 pm (lots of waiting) in that other line still outside the actual venue. They then guided us down to the section where everyone in front of us ran to the tip (which I didn't care about, I wanted main stage though that was a mistake lol).

Even with 71 people in VIP it wasn't super packed, there was still room around the main stage for people to stand right against. Even people with normal GA got good standing areas.

The merch came the next day, as scheduled by UPS. It included a hand numbered poster with the date and venue of the concert I attended, a ROAR towel, a random lanyard, Prism tote bag, and a small picture book (not tour book).

Hope this helped some people!

credit to lazyblazy!
7/2/11, Montreal
7/3/11, Ottawa

Offline KatyCatTorzee

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
« Reply #946 on: July 18, 2014, 07:39:29 PM »
Here's my run down of VIP Packages (I got Reflection Section VIP in Montreal)

A week before the show I received an e-mai lwith instructins as to where to go and at what time. I was told to go to a certain entrance at 4:15 pm to check-in and should show up no later than 5:30 pm or else it would be closed. Shortly after I received an e-mail from UPS saying a shipment was on my way and it would arrive the day after the concert (annoying, but w.e).

So we showed up at the venue at 4 pm and there was already a huge line for VIP Reflection Section (probably 35 people in front of me). In total there were 71 people with this package. They started checking us in at 4:20 and were told to go upstairs after check in and wait in another line. You had to make sure to have ID since they had a "VIP list" and were checking off names. If you didn't have ID you couldn't get in. So make sure if it's under your dads name or something he is physically there to show ID or else you can't get in!!!! This was the case for one person in line... their dad had bought the tickets, used his name for information, but wasn't present to let his daughters in so they got kicked out and were just in normal line (bye bye 300$).

So I got checked in and given a braclet by around 4:45 and went upstairs to wait. There we waited till about 5:55 pm (lots of waiting) in that other line still outside the actual venue. They then guided us down to the section where everyone in front of us ran to the tip (which I didn't care about, I wanted main stage though that was a mistake lol).

Even with 71 people in VIP it wasn't super packed, there was still room around the main stage for people to stand right against. Even people with normal GA got good standing areas.

The merch came the next day, as scheduled by UPS. It included a hand numbered poster with the date and venue of the concert I attended, a ROAR towel, a random lanyard, Prism tote bag, and a small picture book (not tour book).

Hope this helped some people!

Thank you :)
IF anyone else has reviews please post too! Still trying to plan my game plan for the night.

Thanks to HOURGLAS4 for sig ^
Sydney CDT 14.5.11
Katy Perry: Part of Me Sydney Premiere 30.6.12

Offline aliahdance

• Wannabe
  • Katycat
« Reply #947 on: July 18, 2014, 08:49:09 PM »
I had the Reflection Section VIP package for the Ottawa show. I also received an email with instructions for check in about a week before. And I also received my package the day after the show (yes, annoying - would've liked to receive it beforehand).

The only reason I got the VIP package is because I wanted tickets in the RS and I wasn't able to get regular RS tickets when they first went on sale.

I didn't end up doing the early check in. I might have done it had it in included the preshow party but couldn't be bothered waiting 5 hours until Katy came on - I'm not as young as I used to be :) I actually got to the venue at 7:30-8pm, right when Capital Cities was starting. My plan was to go to the RS just as they were finishing their set, hoping that some people would need to leave to go to the bathroom or get food. I ended up right at the tip of the main stage. There was only one person in front of me, so I was in the second row.

The RS was way more crowded during this tour than the GA during the California Dreams tour in 2011 which was disappointing, but understandable since she has gotten bigger since then. Oh yeah and my show was sold out (16,200 people).

Offline kittykatyjess

• Let the Light In.
« Reply #948 on: July 18, 2014, 09:55:45 PM »
The Australian VIP packs have food and drink vouchers in them. i dont even want to use them. I'm not going to move tbh. like it might be the one show I get to the tip. Australians are so competitive when it comes to people getting to the barrier. I dont want to move, therefor I'm not using my vouchers. haha
because legends never die.

Offline cherry_chapstick

• Kissed a Girl - And Liked It!
  • All of your charms have worked on me
« Reply #949 on: July 18, 2014, 09:57:56 PM »
The Australian VIP packs have food and drink vouchers in them. i dont even want to use them. I'm not going to move tbh. like it might be the one show I get to the tip. Australians are so competitive when it comes to people getting to the barrier. I dont want to move, therefor I'm not using my vouchers. haha
Ugh, Aussies are rude hahaha. Shouldn't say that about my own country but whatevs, they're merciless when it comes to celebrities and concerts and whatnot!!
~ Nicole/24/Australia ~

PWT - November 21, 2014 :firework:
PWT - December 13, 2014

Offline cherry_chapstick

• Kissed a Girl - And Liked It!
  • All of your charms have worked on me
« Reply #950 on: July 19, 2014, 06:32:50 AM »
Stupid me only just realised...All this time I've been thinking, "cool, won't have to buy a tourbook because it's included in my VIP package"..... Now that I've re-read it, it says tour PHOTOBOOK, not programme. Blah. Oh well, shouldn't complain I guess :dreamboat:
~ Nicole/24/Australia ~

PWT - November 21, 2014 :firework:
PWT - December 13, 2014

Offline KatyCatTorzee

« Reply #951 on: July 19, 2014, 08:34:44 AM »

I feel exactly the same haha.. Hoping they are still valid post show, but I doubt it.

Thanks to HOURGLAS4 for sig ^
Sydney CDT 14.5.11
Katy Perry: Part of Me Sydney Premiere 30.6.12

Offline riki23

• Wannabe
early entry or reflaction? plz help :/
« Reply #952 on: August 14, 2014, 06:47:50 AM »
i wanted to buy REFLACTION tickets for the BARCELONA show but they are sold out :(
i dont know what to do. i want to go to this show but the EE pack is worh it? will i see her with a good view?
from what i get shes mainly in the main stage no?

thx

Offline sunnystarzx

• Is Ready
  • Still Breakin' in the New Shoes.
Re: early entry or reflaction? plz help :/
« Reply #953 on: August 19, 2014, 08:56:14 AM »
i wanted to buy REFLACTION tickets for the BARCELONA show but they are sold out :(
i dont know what to do. i want to go to this show but the EE pack is worh it? will i see her with a good view?

thx

You don't get any merch I don't think with EE, but its defo worth it for Barcelona... people camp out months in advance there!
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.

Offline Kitty-Katy

• Know it all
  • These wounds are self inflicted.
« Reply #954 on: August 19, 2014, 10:38:36 AM »

thx

You don't get any merch I don't think with EE, but its defo worth it for Barcelona... people camp out months in advance there!

I had Early Entry for Birmingham and London. We got a tote bag, limited edition hand numbered poster and a lanyard.

Katycat #1956.
25/8/09 Birmingham - She caught my cupcake.
1/4/11 Cardiff - I met her.
4/4/11 Birmingham - Front row.
http://twitter.com/AshleyClairex She did my challenge! I have Katy Perry signed converses!
13/5/2014 Birmingham - She pointed at my sign. Front row, GS.
14/5/2014 Birmingham - She grabbed my balloon. Front row, RS.
30/5/2014 London - Front row, GS.
17/2/2015 Montpellier.

Offline Xulah

• Caught in the eye of a Hurricane
  • Shut up and put the money where your mouth is.
« Reply #955 on: August 20, 2014, 04:14:11 AM »

thx

EE in Barcelona includes a tote bag, tour book (don't know if the little one or the big one) poster of the show you're attending, a lanyard and a t-shirt/towel. that's the information Ticketmaster gave me about the VIP. All the VIP tickets include merch
I'll make it like your birthday everyday.

Offline kittykatyjess

• Let the Light In.
« Reply #956 on: August 20, 2014, 06:56:16 PM »

thx

EE in Barcelona includes a tote bag, tour book (don't know if the little one or the big one) poster of the show you're attending, a lanyard and a t-shirt/towel. that's the information Ticketmaster gave me about the VIP. All the VIP tickets include merch

EE in Hamburg has some stuff too. It has the dated lithograph... thingy... i think. i wanted something with my bday on it, so I made sure it came with something special when i got early entry... and it did. =P can't remember exactly.

btw guys if anyone want some VIP merch there are tones on ebay. I've seen Chicago shows up there... I know they have dates, but they're going for reasonable prices. one was $20. just in case anyone is interested.
because legends never die.

Offline sunnystarzx

• Is Ready
  • Still Breakin' in the New Shoes.
« Reply #957 on: August 21, 2014, 03:35:22 AM »

thx

EE in Hamburg has some stuff too. It has the dated lithograph... thingy... i think. i wanted something with my bday on it, so I made sure it came with something special when i got early entry... and it did. =P can't remember exactly.

btw guys if anyone want some VIP merch there are tones on ebay. I've seen Chicago shows up there... I know they have dates, but they're going for reasonable prices. one was $20. just in case anyone is interested.

I wish I had EE in Amsterdam :(
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.

Offline katyCatMichelle

• Wannabe
  • Mexican KatyCat
« Reply #958 on: August 21, 2014, 05:59:04 PM »
I'm really sad because in México there are no sale for VIP Package, do you guys know why? :'( :'(

Offline Xulah

• Caught in the eye of a Hurricane
  • Shut up and put the money where your mouth is.
« Reply #959 on: August 21, 2014, 08:00:59 PM »

thx

I'm thinking about going to Hamburg and Berlin too! You're the first person I know that's coming to hamburg!!
I'll make it like your birthday everyday.