Author Topic: What do you guys think of Paparazzi ?  (Read 22635 times)

Offline steviep24

• Fierce
  • I'm wide awake!
Re: What do you guys think of Paparazzi ?
« Reply #270 on: February 03, 2013, 01:01:57 PM »
I should add that paps don't even need to be anywhere near a celebrity to get pics and invade their privacy. They use powerful telephoto lenses to get many of those "private" pics that the public has no business seeing. I read somewhere that a photographer who got a nude pic of Kate Middleton was over a mile away. And to be honest the word photographer shouldn't even be used to describe paparazzi because it ruins it for anyone else who uses a camera for ligitamate purposes.

The worst paps are the ones who get right into the celeb's face and directly invade their private space. Especially those who wait for a woman to get out of a car and aim their camera right up their skirt.
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Offline katycat1022

• Is Still Trying to Connect the Dots
  • Have a cupcake \___/
« Reply #271 on: February 04, 2013, 03:52:10 AM »
I should add that paps don't even need to be anywhere near a celebrity to get pics and invade their privacy. They use powerful telephoto lenses to get many of those "private" pics that the public has no business seeing. I read somewhere that a photographer who got a nude pic of Kate Middleton was over a mile away. And to be honest the word photographer shouldn't even be used to describe paparazzi because it ruins it for anyone else who uses a camera for ligitamate purposes.

The worst paps are the ones who get right into the celeb's face and directly invade their private space. Especially those who wait for a woman to get out of a car and aim their camera right up their skirt.
Couldnt have said this better myself..
You Know, its really rude to talk when im interrupting..

Offline 1stTimeKatyCat

• Little Voyeur
  • That's our Katy Perry for you.
« Reply #272 on: February 04, 2013, 09:34:35 AM »
I don't like the Paparazzi at all. These are peoples lives they are getting into. They may be actors/actresses, comedians, singers, musicians, authors, directors. Whoever it may be, they have a personal, private life. These people like everybody else deserve freedom and their way of life not to be judged or crudely picture slapped by the paparazzi or anybody else for that matter.

Offline KPbaby

• U think you're a Genius!
  • OG KATYCATS <3
« Reply #273 on: February 04, 2013, 09:39:23 AM »
i suppose they're just doing their job, but alot of them are idiots who have 0 respect for anyones privacy

YES THIS! I totally agree
Remember that time Katy trolled me so hard and retweeted a 3 month old tweet!?
YASSSSS KATY YASSSSS ;)
Katy is my everythannnggg!
Twitter: @jillygymnast96
CDT 2 dates
PWT 3 dates

Offline HOURGLAS4

• 3th Degree Stalker
  • I'm your new God.
« Reply #274 on: February 21, 2014, 11:40:22 PM »

Offline Lovegirl

• Ripest Apple
« Reply #275 on: February 22, 2014, 05:11:15 AM »

:theface:  I would also get very angry about these pretty annoying paparazzi!

Offline OfficiallyAKatyKat4Life

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • Bring The Beat Back...
« Reply #276 on: February 22, 2014, 06:49:06 AM »
i understand theyre just trying to do their job(even though its a worthless job… :eyes: )but i wish there were strict laws against them bcuz most of the time these guys are so disrespectful and rude,and i know its a "free country" and all but if they physically push them away or tell them to back off they should,but no,instead they become more aggressive.shoving their cameras inside the car,are you serious?!..its one thing to photograph someone from a distance,but its a completelyyyy other thing to be so close that theyre shoulder to shoulder with the celebs and in their face and not letting them get through..this video of tamra pushing them on one hand makes me happy that shes sticking up for katy,but also upset bcuz katy nor tam should have to deal with them to this degree..i wonder why this particular incident pissed tam off so much?nothing really seemed out of the ordinary?(as we know this is unfortunately normal..) :-\

ok rant,over.

Took A Selfie With Katy in Anaheim 09.16.14 :dreamboat:
Katy Cat #23892
PWT:9-16,17 & 22-2014
Twitter:@KatysSoyQuiche
PHHHOTO:walshiee
ps..forgive me for misspelling my username :-[

Offline steviep24

• Fierce
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #277 on: February 22, 2014, 07:53:27 AM »
^ The worst thing about this recent incident is Tamara could face assault charges and the paps could sue her. Which wouldn't be surprising because the paps will do anything for money.
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Offline OfficiallyAKatyKat4Life

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • Bring The Beat Back...
« Reply #278 on: February 22, 2014, 07:57:47 AM »
^ The worst thing about this recent incident is Tamara could face assault charges and the paps could sue her. Which wouldn't be surprising because the paps will do anything for money.

i was thinking that too..as if the paps werent bad enough!ugh lol

Took A Selfie With Katy in Anaheim 09.16.14 :dreamboat:
Katy Cat #23892
PWT:9-16,17 & 22-2014
Twitter:@KatysSoyQuiche
PHHHOTO:walshiee
ps..forgive me for misspelling my username :-[

Offline TheMouse

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #279 on: February 22, 2014, 08:01:21 AM »
i understand theyre just trying to do their job(even though its a worthless job… :eyes: )but i wish there were strict laws against them bcuz most of the time these guys are so disrespectful and rude,and i know its a "free country" and all but if they physically push them away or tell them to back off they should,but no,instead they become more aggressive.shoving their cameras inside the car,are you serious?!..its one thing to photograph someone from a distance,but its a completelyyyy other thing to be so close that theyre shoulder to shoulder with the celebs and in their face and not letting them get through..this video of tamra pushing them on one hand makes me happy that shes sticking up for katy,but also upset bcuz katy nor tam should have to deal with them to this degree..i wonder why this particular incident pissed tam off so much?nothing really seemed out of the ordinary?(as we know this is unfortunately normal..) :-\

ok rant,over.
I think the situation was a different one from just that. When Katy and her team went up to the car most of the scum following them started to do a kind of faked 'boo' in order to imitate the booing which happened in Milan just before (and which was no big deal because Katy herself turned it around against them). That was the reason why she was particularly angry. Two of the scum stepped around the car, and when one of them attempted more or less getting halfway in the car Tamra turned around and prevented him from doing so. Personally I regret that the scum wasn't injured, a camera getting in one's teeth can cause so much inconvenience that a scum could be off sick for quite a while.

❤ Kitty Purry is my favorite cat ❤

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline TheMouse

• I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #280 on: February 22, 2014, 08:03:49 AM »
Katy will pay that with her small change for her, in that case a scum should get beat up properly though because that wouldn't make a difference then.

❤ Kitty Purry is my favorite cat ❤

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Online OneOfKatysBoys

• don't be basic
« Reply #281 on: February 22, 2014, 08:39:35 AM »
It annoys me enough that they follow her around at times when she's supposed to be in private, but the fact that they've now started being rude to her and saying offensive things to her to try and hit a nerve of Katy's and provoke her into getting mad so that they can get a photo/video that will make them a lot of money is what gets me mad. I guess what I want to say has really already been said except that I think they are absolutely disgusting people and that they are "only trying to do their 'job'" is no excuse for me unless it's at an actual public event (concert, red carpet, press conference, e.t.c) where there are supposed to be pictures taken.

Oh and one more thing, that paragraph doesn't apply to arrogant celebrities who post red carpet and random paparazzi pictures of themselves on instagram (Kardashians, Rihanna... I like her but also Beyoncé). Not only is that so disgustingly vein but I'm not in the slightest bit sympathetic towards those people in any situation with paparazzi as they obviously love having their picture taken for them wherever they go.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 08:48:47 AM by OneOfKatysBoys »

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline katykicksass

• A Dead Battery
  • I love a California Gurl named Katy Perry
« Reply #282 on: February 22, 2014, 09:08:41 AM »
Paparazzi are disgusting low-lifes who need to be punished for what they do. I hate how they're treating Katy now. They're being completely rude and saying nasty things. I'm glad Tamra pushed them out of the way. They deserved it.
06/30/11 Toronto, Air Canada Centre
07/18/14 Toronto, Air Canada Centre
07/21/14 Toronto, Air Canada Centre

Offline SantaBarbaraKitty

• Makes U Spark A Firework
« Reply #283 on: April 13, 2014, 03:48:48 AM »
I'm down the middle about paparazzi.  Most of them do cross the line, getting in people's faces and antagonizing the celebrities to get them to react so they have a story.  But I do know some ones that are very kind and respectful, keeping their distance and only asking questions about current projects, not dating rumors or other off-topic areas.  All in all, I think a lot of us contribute to the paparazzi culture because we are so eager for candids, and that's exactly why the paparazzi have a job is because the public demands those photos.  I saw a very interesting documentary (can't remember the name at the moment) about a day in the life of a pap, and it was very enlightening!

Offline RallyRex

• Dressing Up
  • Katy and Cars keep me going.
« Reply #284 on: April 13, 2014, 08:12:57 AM »
What gets me is when they get too close to celebrities.  You never know what they might have on them to try and injure someone, like a knife or whatever.  I hate thinking like that, but in today's world you almost have to. 
Twitter: @RallyRex1
PWT: | 7/22/14 | 8/2/14 | 8/13/14 | 8/14/14 | 10/10/14 | 10/11/14 |