Author Topic: Katy's Twitter (Part 2)  (Read 305125 times)

Online steviep24

• Fierce
  • I'm wide awake!
Re: Katy's Twitter (Part 2)
« Reply #7440 on: January 26, 2014, 08:24:34 AM »
:-\ I think that Katy was just deeply upset when she tweeted those three tweets; it wasn't that she felt she had to point it out to us but rather it must have been about expressing her own deep discontent - and that made me wonder, what did upset her, i.e. why precisely on that particular day?
There was a deadly shooting at a mall. http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/25/us/maryland-mall-shooting/

There has been a quite a few of those in recent years. At Schools, Universities, Malls and other public places. The US has poor gun control laws, I don't care what anyone says. No public place is safe any more. Most of these aren't even from "real" terrorists, most often they're done by someone who just snapped for whatever reason.   

Last year at a community near me (actually Christmas eve 2012) a crazed man set a house on fire and shot at the fire fighters when they arrived. Two firefighters died because of him. Not to mention that several homes burned at that time. And of course the shooter killed himself which always seems to happen with these tragedies. Not a public place but is an example of the kind of stuff Americans have to deal with everyday.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 08:31:31 AM by steviep24 »
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Offline KISStroyer/Katytroyer

• Ignites the Light
  • Producer of the Katy Perry Fan Podcast
« Reply #7441 on: January 26, 2014, 08:31:46 AM »
The US has poor gun control laws, I don't care what anyone says.

Well, to be fair, yes the laws may not be the best and has many flaws, but I honestly don't think the gun control laws are the main problem. I mean, just my opinion here but from what I am able to understand, the majority of the time the people that get the guns either steal them from someone they know, or they get them in a full legal process. That one guy that did the movie theater shooting last summer, he was your average smart college student who went about it the full legal process.

Anyway, if they are desperate enough to get the guns, they have ways. Think the main problem is the media. People know that if they do something like this they will get all this attention and know they will be talked about. On top of that I feel like if people were more comfortable with society as a whole, maybe they'd feel more secure and safe opening up to someone and getting psychiatric help.

Agree that some gun laws could use some changing, such as how easy it is to get a gun at a gun show, but I feel like the problem itself is bigger than just laws. 

KISS: 12/5/09; 9/17/10; 8/3/12; 8/31/14
Katy: 10/10/14; 10/11/14 <3
The Pretty Reckless: 9/28/14 (M&G)
Katy Perry Fan Podcast
Twitter

Online steviep24

• Fierce
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #7442 on: January 26, 2014, 08:45:54 AM »
The US has poor gun control laws, I don't care what anyone says.

Well, to be fair, yes the laws may not be the best and has many flaws, but I honestly don't think the gun control laws are the main problem. I mean, just my opinion here but from what I am able to understand, the majority of the time the people that get the guns either steal them from someone they know, or they get them in a full legal process. That one guy that did the movie theater shooting last summer, he was your average smart college student who went about it the full legal process.

Anyway, if they are desperate enough to get the guns, they have ways. Think the main problem is the media. People know that if they do something like this they will get all this attention and know they will be talked about. On top of that I feel like if people were more comfortable with society as a whole, maybe they'd feel more secure and safe opening up to someone and getting psychiatric help.

Agree that some gun laws could use some changing, such as how easy it is to get a gun at a gun show, but I feel like the problem itself is bigger than just laws.
Couldn't have said it better myself. :) The whole gun debate thing probably should be kept off here anyway.  ;) The point is these things happen and for the reasons you said. And it's scary for a lot of people. Especially at schools where students should feel safe.
Never grow up!

6/30/2011 Toronto ACC

Offline Squeeniex27

• Makes Cupcakes Cry
  • The light has come
« Reply #7443 on: January 26, 2014, 08:51:48 AM »
I 100% back Katy up with these tweets. Being a citizen of the US, I can honestly say that no, I don't feel safe in public. I feel as if it is highly likely that a shooting could occur in my school. Our gun laws are crap, and they need to be modified. Sorry, that's just how I feel.
Prism: let the light in

Offline TheMouse

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #7444 on: January 26, 2014, 10:19:20 AM »
:-\ I think that Katy was just deeply upset when she tweeted those three tweets; it wasn't that she felt she had to point it out to us but rather it must have been about expressing her own deep discontent - and that made me wonder, what did upset her, i.e. why precisely on that particular day?
There was a deadly shooting at a mall. http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/25/us/maryland-mall-shooting/

There has been a quite a few of those in recent years. At Schools, Universities, Malls and other public places. The US has poor gun control laws, I don't care what anyone says. No public place is safe any more. Most of these aren't even from "real" terrorists, most often they're done by someone who just snapped for whatever reason.   

Last year at a community near me (actually Christmas eve 2012) a crazed man set a house on fire and shot at the fire fighters when they arrived. Two firefighters died because of him. Not to mention that several homes burned at that time. And of course the shooter killed himself which always seems to happen with these tragedies. Not a public place but is an example of the kind of stuff Americans have to deal with everyday.
  :'( Thanks for the link, not a nice read but it explains the tweets totally! They only seem placed there out of context as long as one is ignorant of their in immediate cause.

But I saw a pic of a shopping mall's entrance which said you're not allowed to carry firearms when you enter the premises, and for a European seeing that for the first time is so alien and bizarre, it almost made me wonder if it was a joke before I realised in which country it was. So, since Abraham Lincoln's days nothing has changed much? 

The day my friend told me that I'm '...a natural blues singer...' (August 12th 2014) Why can't every day be like that? 

IthinkIwouldcommitsuicideanytimeifitsavedkaty'slifebecauseI'velivedmineandtheworldneedshermore

:firework: :frolickingghost: :firework: :frolickingghost: :firework:

Online steviep24

• Fierce
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #7445 on: January 26, 2014, 11:04:45 AM »

:'( Thanks for the link, not a nice read but it explains the tweets totally! They only seem placed there out of context as long as one is ignorant of their in immediate cause.

But I saw a pic of a shopping mall's entrance which said you're not allowed to carry firearms when you enter the premises, and for a European seeing that for the first time is so alien and bizarre, it almost made me wonder if it was a joke before I realised in which country it was. So, since Abraham Lincoln's days nothing has changed much?
Or John F. Kennedy's time.

Many Americans love their guns and will do anything to preserve the Constitutional right to bear arms. There are many reasons for that which I won't get into here.
Never grow up!

6/30/2011 Toronto ACC

Offline ILoveKatyBird

• Leaves Them All in Awe
  • ♥▽PRISMATIC WORLD TOUR♥▽
« Reply #7446 on: January 26, 2014, 03:27:55 PM »
@katyperry: Tonight... a spell will be cast... Are you ready for it?! @TheGRAMMYs

:pinkbow:

♥  27/3/11 ,12/10/11 , 18/10/11 , 31/10/11 , 5/11/11, 9/6/12 , 3/7/12, 30/09/13, 7/5/14, 21/5/14, 23/5/14, 28/5/14, 30/5/14, 31/5/14 ♥

Thanks to HOURGLAS4 for my amazing sig!! :)

Offline TheMouse

« Reply #7447 on: January 26, 2014, 03:51:47 PM »
@katyperry: Tonight... a spell will be cast... Are you ready for it?! @TheGRAMMYs

:pinkbow:
...neither would this be the place to go into reasons, my views will always differ because I live simply in a different world with a different culture...

Katy is so excited about the show...YAYYY!!  :dreamboat:  :whipitgood: :band:

The day my friend told me that I'm '...a natural blues singer...' (August 12th 2014) Why can't every day be like that? 

IthinkIwouldcommitsuicideanytimeifitsavedkaty'slifebecauseI'velivedmineandtheworldneedshermore

Offline cathou02

• Melting Popsicle
  • One man's trash is another girl's treasure
« Reply #7448 on: January 26, 2014, 05:26:52 PM »

Or John F. Kennedy's time.

Many Americans love their guns and will do anything to preserve the Constitutional right to bear arms. There are many reasons for that which I won't get into here.
I think it's just in the culture. We see guns in all American movies. Everybody seem to have one at home...I know it's not the reality but there's the fact that it's really easy to get a gun in USA. I live in Quebec, Canada, and we rarely see guns in our tv shows or movies. And nobody I know has a gun. Those who have one, it's for hunting, and they have a permit for that. So maybe if guns were illegal in usa, the way of seing things would change, so the culture.
Anyway, I love how Katy stands for her personal opinions :)

7/2/11, Montreal, Best day of my life <3
Proud KatyCat #585

Offline hbhb97

• Jaw-Dropping
« Reply #7449 on: January 26, 2014, 06:40:13 PM »
I 100% back Katy up with these tweets. Being a citizen of the US, I can honestly say that no, I don't feel safe in public. I feel as if it is highly likely that a shooting could occur in my school. Our gun laws are crap, and they need to be modified. Sorry, that's just how I feel.

you shouldn't worry too much, the actual percentage of people who die from homicide is far below 1% and homicide rates are at the lowest point in history. and a lot of them are gang disputes

Online steviep24

• Fierce
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #7450 on: January 26, 2014, 06:54:10 PM »

you shouldn't worry too much, the actual percentage of people who die from homicide is far below 1% and homicide rates are at the lowest point in history. and a lot of them are gang disputes

It's not the amount, it's the kind. It's the random acts of terrorism by unstable persons that bother most of us.
Never grow up!

6/30/2011 Toronto ACC

Offline hbhb97

• Jaw-Dropping
« Reply #7451 on: January 26, 2014, 07:00:48 PM »
you just shouldn't fear going in public because of these things when the actual chance of it happening is very low

Offline CiaraCandyCat

• A Dead Battery
« Reply #7452 on: January 26, 2014, 09:08:12 PM »
Katy Perry @katyperry
Here come the HUDSONS @TheGRAMMYs

Katy Perry @katyperry
Why are my eyeballs so much bigger than my brothers? Wait. Is @sirdavidD really my brother? #hashtag

Katy Perry @katyperry
#surfboard

Katy's the top trend on twitter after her performance.  :pinkbow:

Nov 7th 2011 - #DublinDreams
May 7th 2014 - Belfast #PrismaticWorldTour
Twitter: @lollipocalypse_
Tumblr: bogey-lowenstein.tumblr.com

Offline Legend-waitforit-daryLove

• The prismatic way of life :-)
« Reply #7453 on: January 27, 2014, 12:49:22 AM »
Katy Perry @katyperry

Katy Perry @katyperry
Why are my eyeballs so much bigger than my brothers? Wait. Is @sirdavidD really my brother? #hashtag

Katy Perry @katyperry
#surfboard

I love Katy's sense of humor. Gets a laugh and a smile out of me every time  :hehe:
Her performance was awesome as always...four thumbs up!!!  :thumbzup: :thumbzup:

Offline TheMouse

« Reply #7454 on: January 27, 2014, 01:40:21 AM »
Katy Perry @katyperry

Katy Perry @katyperry

Katy Perry @katyperry
#surfboard

I love Katy's sense of humor. Gets a laugh and a smile out of me every time  :hehe:
Her performance was awesome as always...four thumbs up!!!  :thumbzup: :thumbzup:
the next thing I can introduce to parties is eyeball competitions, and I can tell everybody I learnt that from Katy!  :lol: