Please login or register. April 21, 2014, 02:09:34 AM

Author Topic: Katy's Twitter (Part 2)  (Read 283950 times)

Offline sunnystarzx

• Know it all
  • Still Breakin' in the New Shoes.
Re: Katy's Twitter (Part 2)
« Reply #7350 on: December 19, 2013, 04:08:44 PM »
:zzz: :zzz: :zzz:
I think im the only person in the universe that didnt freak about Beyonces new album.. I love her i think shes amazing but I didnt get overly excited about it. I havent listened to it yet either...
:zzz: You're not the only one.

same here. Only heard the snippes but they sound so boring.
Beyoncé is not really my thing so I could care less.

EDIT: I should add that in my opinion what she did may be unethical. Katy and all the other pop stars are working their asses off to promote their music and struggle to sell albums and Beyoncé is able to generate all this hype and outsell everyone else with virtually no promotion at all just by the mere mention of her name.
Beyoncé has been working like hell, just without people knowing and in an incredibly smart and clandestine way. She made all those 14 songs, plus those 18 music videos this year, whilst being one of the best live performers of today on her world tour all year on top of being a Mother. What happened the other night wasn't due to her being lazy and was no accident, so much planning will have gone into it. She knew exactly what she was doing and the fact that Beyonce's contemporaries couldn't think of ideas as smart as hers to get buzz about her album isn't her fault.
What she did wasn't so particularly smart that no one else could have done it. The idea is a simple one which doesn't take a genius. The theory of doing this will certainly have darted through the minds of other people. The actual difference is simply that she was the only one who wanted to take the risk of it while nobody else wanted to take the risk of doing either this or anything similar. The option would have been there for many, including Katy as she's quite known for refreshing ideas. Katy is an artist with a very diversified taste, and if she thinks highly of everything Beyonce does I respect that, but it doesn't change the fact that the snippets of ALL the tracks I heard were so boring to me that I didn't even bother looking at the videos. Creating a buzz and thereby getting to top first week sales isn't everything, in fact it is in the long run nothing.
Beyoncé 'came back' at the beginning of the year at the super bowl and then went on tour, since then she's kept everyone constantly wondering where the music is, they must have been planning this release all along. None of her contemporaries would take this risk as they could never afford to. Sorry but this early in her career, Katy could not just randomly do a sell-out worldwide arena + stadium + festival headlining tour with no new music or recent album promo. It's because Beyoncé's performances are seen to be amongst the most valued in pop music today that she could afford to take that risk (though even for her, it was a big one).

It might not be to your taste, and honestly, I partially agree with you, I kind of remembered when I gave it a listen that I only really like one side of her, I prefer her sister Solange's music. I believe her single sales last era took a little slump, what she did this year was a brilliant idea to get her out of that slump, the proof is in the numbers; 80,000 copies sold in the US in the first 3 hours. And it came out in the middle of the night, only on iTunes. And it got the whole internet talking, including people like me who aren't big fans of her music. IMO, the fact that she took the risk and pulled it off alone is something to be admired. If this was not a stroke of PR genius, I don't know what is.

And Beyoncé has been going since the '90s. She knows about longevity. That was the whole point of this release.

Eh, sorry for the tangent here.

Whoaaa I wasnt insulting Beyonce, I think shes amazingly talented, but i just didnt understand the hype
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

I will love you, Unconditionally

Offline steviep24

• Is Screwed.. Oh Well
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #7351 on: December 19, 2013, 04:24:00 PM »
I think im the only person in the universe that didnt freak about Beyonces new album.. I love her i think shes amazing but I didnt get overly excited about it. I havent listened to it yet either...

EDIT: I should add that in my opinion what she did may be unethical. Katy and all the other pop stars are working their asses off to promote their music and struggle to sell albums and Beyoncé is able to generate all this hype and outsell everyone else with virtually no promotion at all just by the mere mention of her name.
Beyoncé has been working like hell, just without people knowing and in an incredibly smart and clandestine way. She made all those 14 songs, plus those 18 music videos this year, whilst being one of the best live performers of today on her world tour all year on top of being a Mother. What happened the other night wasn't due to her being lazy and was no accident, so much planning will have gone into it. She knew exactly what she was doing and the fact that Beyonce's contemporaries couldn't think of ideas as smart as hers to get buzz about her album isn't her fault.
What she did wasn't so particularly smart that no one else could have done it. The idea is a simple one which doesn't take a genius. The theory of doing this will certainly have darted through the minds of other people. The actual difference is simply that she was the only one who wanted to take the risk of it while nobody else wanted to take the risk of doing either this or anything similar. The option would have been there for many, including Katy as she's quite known for refreshing ideas. Katy is an artist with a very diversified taste, and if she thinks highly of everything Beyonce does I respect that, but it doesn't change the fact that the snippets of ALL the tracks I heard were so boring to me that I didn't even bother looking at the videos. Creating a buzz and thereby getting to top first week sales isn't everything, in fact it is in the long run nothing.
Beyoncé 'came back' at the beginning of the year at the super bowl and then went on tour, since then she's kept everyone constantly wondering where the music is, they must have been planning this release all along. None of her contemporaries would take this risk as they could never afford to. Sorry but this early in her career, Katy could not just randomly do a sell-out worldwide arena + stadium + festival headlining tour with no new music or recent album promo. It's because Beyoncé's performances are seen to be amongst the most valued in pop music today that she could afford to take that risk (though even for her, it was a big one).

It might not be to your taste, and honestly, I partially agree with you, I kind of remembered when I gave it a listen that I only really like one side of her, I prefer her sister Solange's music. I believe her single sales last era took a little slump, what she did this year was a brilliant idea to get her out of that slump, the proof is in the numbers; 80,000 copies sold in the US in the first 3 hours. And it came out in the middle of the night, only on iTunes. And it got the whole internet talking, including people like me who aren't big fans of her music. IMO, the fact that she took the risk and pulled it off alone is something to be admired. If this was not a stroke of PR genius, I don't know what is.

And Beyoncé has been going since the '90s. She knows about longevity. That was the whole point of this release.

Whoaaa I wasnt insulting Beyonce, I think shes amazingly talented, but i just didnt understand the hype
Neither was I. Beyonce's music is not really my thing but I do admire her talent and ambition. I was being a defensive Katycat in that one post because of how she sold so much in the first weekend while Katy and other pop singers struggle to make those kind of numbers in a month or more.
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• Know it all
  • don't be basic
« Reply #7352 on: December 19, 2013, 04:44:49 PM »

No no I meant TheMouse :)

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Online TheMouse

• Makes U Spark A Firework
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #7353 on: December 20, 2013, 01:54:33 AM »
Why, what about the Mouse?  :lol:

The hype was about the 17 videos I guess.

I think it's a bad comparison to say others need a month for those sales with all the promotion; it was sold on iTunes only and broke an iTunes record by selling a bunch of 17 videos exclusively there. It isn't the same thing as releasing an album in its ordinary format, and so the comparison is flawed really. Had she just done a normal album in the normal way it would just have been another album release, like any other.
I looked at the videos a bit and found them rather uninteresting, too.

I think the whole thing appears to me like 'the sketch of an idea' rather than a great piece of work as such. it isn't insulting, it's just what I feel about it.
But how this discussion arose from just one short tweet of Katy's...lol

What's the point of being on my worst behaviour when Katy isn't looking?

Offline steviep24

• Is Screwed.. Oh Well
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #7354 on: December 20, 2013, 06:41:54 AM »
Why, what about the Mouse?  :lol:

The hype was about the 17 videos I guess.

I think it's a bad comparison to say others need a month for those sales with all the promotion; it was sold on iTunes only and broke an iTunes record by selling a bunch of 17 videos exclusively there. It isn't the same thing as releasing an album in its ordinary format, and so the comparison is flawed really. Had she just done a normal album in the normal way it would just have been another album release, like any other.
I looked at the videos a bit and found them rather uninteresting, too.

I think the whole thing appears to me like 'the sketch of an idea' rather than a great piece of work as such. it isn't insulting, it's just what I feel about it.
But how this discussion arose from just one short tweet of Katy's...lol
Target announced they won't be selling the CD's when they come out due to the fact that it was exclusive to itunes and sold so many digital copies so soon that they fear the CD's won't sell very well and don't want to be stuck with all that inventory if the CD's failed to sell.
Never grow up!

6/30/2011 Toronto ACC

Offline steviep24

• Is Screwed.. Oh Well
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #7355 on: December 21, 2013, 12:42:39 PM »
Katy Perry ‏@katyperry 6m
Here's the link if you missed me *stripping down* for @AlanCarr on the @Chattyman show in: http://po.st/UnconAcoustic

EDIT: Had to remove the emojis
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 12:46:10 PM by steviep24 »
Never grow up!

6/30/2011 Toronto ACC

Offline katycat4life1

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • I'm CrayCray. Just thought I would let u know :P
« Reply #7356 on: December 22, 2013, 03:58:45 PM »
Katy Perry ‏@katyperry 6m
Here's the link if you missed me *stripping down* for @AlanCarr on the @Chattyman show in: http://po.st/UnconAcoustic

EDIT: Had to remove the emojis

Love when Katy *strips* we get to see her true beauty

Proud Katycat #52620

Offline HOURGLAS4

• 3th Degree Stalker
  • I'm your new God.
« Reply #7357 on: December 25, 2013, 11:32:41 PM »

Offline katykicksass

• Know it all
  • ケイティー・ペリー
« Reply #7358 on: December 25, 2013, 11:35:36 PM »
06/30/2011 - Toronto, Air Canada Centre
07/18/2014 - Toronto, Air Canada Centre
07/21/2014 - Toronto, Air Canada Centre

Offline Icypole

Offline katycat4life1

• I'm CrayCray. Just thought I would let u know :P

Proud Katycat #52620

Offline steviep24

• Is Screwed.. Oh Well
  • I'm wide awake!
Never grow up!

6/30/2011 Toronto ACC

Offline steviep24

• Is Screwed.. Oh Well
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #7362 on: December 27, 2013, 10:30:57 PM »
Katy is only 100 thousand away from reaching 49 million followers. Amazing!
Never grow up!

6/30/2011 Toronto ACC

Offline katykicksass

• Know it all
  • ケイティー・ペリー
« Reply #7363 on: December 27, 2013, 11:04:26 PM »
Katy is only 100 thousand away from reaching 49 million followers. Amazing!

Awesome!

06/30/2011 - Toronto, Air Canada Centre
07/18/2014 - Toronto, Air Canada Centre
07/21/2014 - Toronto, Air Canada Centre

Offline steviep24

• Is Screwed.. Oh Well
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #7364 on: December 28, 2013, 07:15:09 AM »
NM :ummno:
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 07:28:05 AM by steviep24 »
Never grow up!

6/30/2011 Toronto ACC