Please login or register. April 23, 2014, 12:45:38 PM

Author Topic: Katy's Twitter (Part 2)  (Read 284245 times)

Offline TheMouse

• Makes U Spark A Firework
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
Re: Katy's Twitter (Part 2)
« Reply #7320 on: December 14, 2013, 02:53:16 PM »
 :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:
I think im the only person in the universe that didnt freak about Beyonces new album.. I love her i think shes amazing but I didnt get overly excited about it. I havent listened to it yet either...
:zzz: You're not the only one.

What's the point of being on my worst behaviour when Katy isn't looking?

Online Chica

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • I'm not giving up
« Reply #7321 on: December 14, 2013, 03:01:59 PM »
I think im the only person in the universe that didnt freak about Beyonces new album.. I love her i think shes amazing but I didnt get overly excited about it. I havent listened to it yet either...

same here. Only heard the snippes but they sound so boring.

Online steviep24

• Is Screwed.. Oh Well
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #7322 on: December 14, 2013, 03:06:47 PM »

Beyoncé is not really my thing so I could care less.

EDIT: I should add that in my opinion what she did may be unethical. Katy and all the other pop stars are working their asses off to promote their music and struggle to sell albums and Beyoncé is able to generate all this hype and outsell everyone else with virtually no promotion at all just by the mere mention of her name.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 03:14:51 PM by steviep24 »
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Online OneOfKatysBoys

• Know it all
  • don't be basic
« Reply #7323 on: December 14, 2013, 03:43:46 PM »

EDIT: I should add that in my opinion what she did may be unethical. Katy and all the other pop stars are working their asses off to promote their music and struggle to sell albums and Beyoncé is able to generate all this hype and outsell everyone else with virtually no promotion at all just by the mere mention of her name.
Beyoncé has been working like hell, just without people knowing and in an incredibly smart and clandestine way. She made all those 14 songs, plus those 18 music videos this year, whilst being one of the best live performers of today on her world tour all year on top of being a Mother. What happened the other night wasn't due to her being lazy and was no accident, so much planning will have gone into it. She knew exactly what she was doing and the fact that Beyonce's contemporaries couldn't think of ideas as smart as hers to get buzz about her album isn't her fault. 

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline robotindisguise87

• Know it all
« Reply #7324 on: December 14, 2013, 07:38:27 PM »

Beyoncé has been working like hell, just without people knowing and in an incredibly smart and clandestine way. She made all those 14 songs, plus those 18 music videos this year, whilst being one of the best live performers of today on her world tour all year on top of being a Mother. What happened the other night wasn't due to her being lazy and was no accident, so much planning will have gone into it. She knew exactly what she was doing and the fact that Beyonce's contemporaries couldn't think of ideas as smart as hers to get buzz about her album isn't her fault.

This. Her touring her ass off all year was the promo imo Got people talking about her again.
Melbourne CDT - 28/4/11
Sydney KP3D Premiere -30/6/12
Sydney Sunrise Concert - 29/10/13
Belfast PWT - 7/05/14
Belfast PWT - 8/05/14
Perth PWT - 7/11/14
Perth PWT - 8/11/14

Online steviep24

• Is Screwed.. Oh Well
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #7325 on: December 14, 2013, 07:59:13 PM »

This. Her touring her ass off all year was the promo imo Got people talking about her again.
I am sorry about what I said about her move being unethical. I showed disrespect to one of the hardest working people in show biz.
I will now crawl back under the rock where I came from.

Never grow up!

6/30/2011 Toronto ACC

Offline TheMouse

« Reply #7326 on: December 14, 2013, 08:59:59 PM »

What she did wasn't so particularly smart that no one else could have done it. The idea is a simple one which doesn't take a genius. The theory of doing this will certainly have darted through the minds of other people. The actual difference is simply that she was the only one who wanted to take the risk of it while nobody else wanted to take the risk of doing either this or anything similar. The option would have been there for many, including Katy as she's quite known for refreshing ideas. Katy is an artist with a very diversified taste, and if she thinks highly of everything Beyonce does I respect that, but it doesn't change the fact that the snippets of ALL the tracks I heard were so boring to me that I didn't even bother looking at the videos. Creating a buzz and thereby getting to top first week sales isn't everything, in fact it is in the long run nothing.

Online OneOfKatysBoys

• Know it all
  • don't be basic
« Reply #7327 on: December 14, 2013, 10:12:59 PM »

What she did wasn't so particularly smart that no one else could have done it. The idea is a simple one which doesn't take a genius. The theory of doing this will certainly have darted through the minds of other people. The actual difference is simply that she was the only one who wanted to take the risk of it while nobody else wanted to take the risk of doing either this or anything similar. The option would have been there for many, including Katy as she's quite known for refreshing ideas. Katy is an artist with a very diversified taste, and if she thinks highly of everything Beyonce does I respect that, but it doesn't change the fact that the snippets of ALL the tracks I heard were so boring to me that I didn't even bother looking at the videos. Creating a buzz and thereby getting to top first week sales isn't everything, in fact it is in the long run nothing.
Beyoncé 'came back' at the beginning of the year at the super bowl and then went on tour, since then she's kept everyone constantly wondering where the music is, they must have been planning this release all along. None of her contemporaries would take this risk as they could never afford to. Sorry but this early in her career, Katy could not just randomly do a sell-out worldwide arena + stadium + festival headlining tour with no new music or recent album promo. It's because Beyoncé's performances are seen to be amongst the most valued in pop music today that she could afford to take that risk (though even for her, it was a big one).

It might not be to your taste, and honestly, I partially agree with you, I kind of remembered when I gave it a listen that I only really like one side of her, I prefer her sister Solange's music. I believe her single sales last era took a little slump, what she did this year was a brilliant idea to get her out of that slump, the proof is in the numbers; 80,000 copies sold in the US in the first 3 hours. And it came out in the middle of the night, only on iTunes. And it got the whole internet talking, including people like me who aren't big fans of her music. IMO, the fact that she took the risk and pulled it off alone is something to be admired. If this was not a stroke of PR genius, I don't know what is.

And Beyoncé has been going since the '90s. She knows about longevity. That was the whole point of this release.

Eh, sorry for the tangent here.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 10:57:05 PM by OneOfKatysBoys »

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan

Offline TheMouse

« Reply #7328 on: December 15, 2013, 12:08:40 AM »
OneOfKatysBoys
Not quoting again as it gets a page long, lol
I'm quite aware of these things. I meant an idea as such, not what people should have done, right now and in real life. I also know a few facts about people in the pop music business. In the area of female superstardom Katy is in fact with a net worth of 75 million dollar one of the poorest people in the world, LOL In comparison, Miley Cyrus' is 150 million, Lady Gaga's 190 million, and Beyonce's 300 million; and that is mainly due to the fact that Katy really is at the beginning of her career but also that her career had a rough and non-eventful start for at least ten years in which nothing happened no matter how hard she worked for it.
One thing for me is: What Katy does is brilliant in general terms and almost superhuman in mine; she practically went from suicide to constantly globally travelling superstar in no time at all. The other thing for me is: the hype about Beyonce just now is a bit like being dazzled by sudden flashlight. There isn't much behind it. That talk about revolutionising the music industry which you come across here and there today is simply garbage, she hasn't revolutionised anything, she's just been doing her own thing, that's all. I don't know what getting people talking about her is supposed to do for her; she won't get paid for me talking about her. If people say, no PR is the new PR, and call that genius I don't buy that either. But: From what I've heard of the album it's miles away from having anything to offer on the level of Prism, that's my perception; and that's what makes me wonder generally what Katy sees in Beyonce; but that's not a question anybody but her could ever answer.

Online steviep24

• Is Screwed.. Oh Well
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #7329 on: December 15, 2013, 08:30:43 AM »
OneOfKatysBoys
Not quoting again as it gets a page long, lol
I'm quite aware of these things. I meant an idea as such, not what people should have done, right now and in real life. I also know a few facts about people in the pop music business. In the area of female superstardom Katy is in fact with a net worth of 75 million dollar one of the poorest people in the world, LOL In comparison, Miley Cyrus' is 150 million, Lady Gaga's 190 million, and Beyonce's 300 million; and that is mainly due to the fact that Katy really is at the beginning of her career but also that her career had a rough and non-eventful start for at least ten years in which nothing happened no matter how hard she worked for it.
One thing for me is: What Katy does is brilliant in general terms and almost superhuman in mine; she practically went from suicide to constantly globally travelling superstar in no time at all. The other thing for me is: the hype about Beyonce just now is a bit like being dazzled by sudden flashlight. There isn't much behind it. That talk about revolutionising the music industry which you come across here and there today is simply garbage, she hasn't revolutionised anything, she's just been doing her own thing, that's all. I don't know what getting people talking about her is supposed to do for her; she won't get paid for me talking about her. If people say, no PR is the new PR, and call that genius I don't buy that either. But: From what I've heard of the album it's miles away from having anything to offer on the level of Prism, that's my perception; and that's what makes me wonder generally what Katy sees in Beyonce; but that's not a question anybody but her could ever answer.
Katy's California Dreams Tour tickets were reasonably priced = less profit to be made. I paid around $65.00 US each for mine. Lady Gaga's were over $200.00 each for Monster Ball. Pretty steep considering she was fairly new at the time with only a second album.

That said, lets get this thread back on topic shall we.
Never grow up!

6/30/2011 Toronto ACC

Online OneOfKatysBoys

• Know it all
  • don't be basic
« Reply #7330 on: December 15, 2013, 09:49:35 AM »
Just one thing - TheMouse, I don't even understand what the meaning of your first paragraph is meant to be, but the fact that you say everybody is blinded by Beyoncé's spotlight is really quite funny. It takes a look at just one of her live performances to see why people treat her like a queen and that she is absolutely in a league of her own. You not seeing it doesn't mean it's not there and just because the idea was simple, that doesn't mean it wasn't smart, less can be more and that was proven in this instance. Obviously not knowing a lot about Beyoncé, I doubt that is a question you'd even allow to be answered. And Prism hardly got rave reviews, I'm pretty sure most of the reactions you have seen to it are from Katy fans, so you would think that.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 09:57:01 AM by OneOfKatysBoys »

@contraduncan

Offline TheMouse

« Reply #7331 on: December 15, 2013, 08:58:54 PM »
Just one thing - TheMouse, I don't even understand what the meaning of your first paragraph is meant to be, but the fact that you say everybody is blinded by Beyoncé's spotlight is really quite funny. It takes a look at just one of her live performances to see why people treat her like a queen and that she is absolutely in a league of her own. You not seeing it doesn't mean it's not there and just because the idea was simple, that doesn't mean it wasn't smart, less can be more and that was proven in this instance. Obviously not knowing a lot about Beyoncé, I doubt that is a question you'd even allow to be answered. And Prism hardly got rave reviews, I'm pretty sure most of the reactions you have seen to it are from Katy fans, so you would think that.
Just a moment - do I have to go by reviews only, or can I make up my own mind about what is good and what isn't? Rave reviews don't say anything about the real quality of something, I don't have to refer to what critics say, and not to how something sells. There are the things like Marina and the Diamonds for example which are a hundred times better than some of the big names but don't sell well. Because critics -  who are always biased and also come up with the same old garbage like, Katy can't sing live - never mention that an album like Prism is brilliant it doesn't mean that it can't be, and because critics rave about something it doesn't mean that it necessarily has to be something to be really raved about. I don't understand what you mean to say, is it that you don't find Prism any good because it 'hardly got any rave reviews'? Well, what is it to me if it did or didn't? I don't need other people's opinions in magazines and newspapers to know what my taste is and what it isn't. I think Beyonce is overrated. I've been told the Beatles are overrated. It's just opinions and personal tastes, nothing more.

Online OneOfKatysBoys

• Know it all
  • don't be basic
« Reply #7332 on: December 15, 2013, 09:20:57 PM »
My point was that just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it's not there. The proof is in the numbers and let me tell you those numbers don't exist for no reason. Maybe for other Britney or Rihanna or someone else they would, but not Beyoncé. That's all.

@contraduncan

Offline TheMouse

« Reply #7333 on: December 15, 2013, 09:51:21 PM »
My point was that just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it's not there. The proof is in the numbers and let me tell you those numbers don't exist for no reason. Maybe for other Britney or Rihanna or someone else they would, but not Beyoncé. That's all.
Oh, I get it. If Beyonce sells a lot it proves she's good. If Rihanna sells a lot it doesn't prove she's good. It's because Beyonce is superhuman. Okay, that's fine then.

Online OneOfKatysBoys

• Know it all
  • don't be basic
« Reply #7334 on: December 15, 2013, 10:11:41 PM »
Oh, I get it. If Beyonce sells a lot it proves she's good. If Rihanna sells a lot it doesn't prove she's good. It's because Beyonce is superhuman. Okay, that's fine then.
Yes. Exactly (we got there in the end didn't we).

@contraduncan