Author Topic: Can you find Katy in between all the Beyonce?  (Read 1434 times)

Offline TheMouse

• Know it all
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
Re: Can you find Katy in between all the Beyonce?
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2014, 05:56:00 AM »
It would be 'laughable' to think of any other release in 2013 as competition? It 'cemented' her being in her own lane, and she doesn't need to pay attention to her contemporaries? - Do you sometimes even listen to the garbage you talk, or have any idea how the music business works? She has to pay the hell of attention and play the game just like everybody else in the business, because if she doesn't she'll disappear before you can say snap. There are no exceptions. 

P.S. People go wild at the sound of the name of Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, 1Direction, Selena Gomez and, and, and. What are you even trying to say?
Until the release of Beyoncé, Prism was the highest selling female album of 2013 with 286,000 copies sold in its first week. Then Beyoncé sold way over double that (617k) in 3 days (and maybe this is worth mentioning again) with no promo. Please tell me how Prism was competition. That alone explains why she is in a league of her own and does not need to pay attention to her contemporaries, her contemporaries need to pay attention to her. No, she doesn't need to. She did for the many years of her career prior to the release of Beyoncé, but then playing the game 'just like everybody else in the business' was exactly what she didn't do when she released that album, and look how that worked out.

Do I really have to explain what the difference is between Beyoncé and Selena Gomez or are you able to work out the difference between a powerhouse and a Disney star for yourself?

And 'P.S'. Is it possible for you to have a discussion without being rude, insulting or turning it into an argument?
Are you even a Katy fan? No jk  :lol:
He hangs everything up on one shitty album which he thinks was the best ever, and a unique milestone in Beyoncé's career just because people were curious and bought it. The logic is totally twisted, if she was 'in a league of her own' like literally then nobody would pay any attention to her. In reality, it was a desperate move by someone with a blown up ego which by pure luck turned out well. Anybody can do something unexpected anytime. That album worked on the same principle as Miley Cyrus dancing naked through a music video, of course a lot of people will buy anything if you hype it up with enough curiosity factor. Others will have a close listen before they hit the purchase now button, that's what I did so I didn't have to waste my money. It is an easily acquired erroneous belief that the number of people buying something says anything about its quality. The pop world is still the same as 'prior to the release of Beyoncé', and things are still the same for her. People, including billboard article authors, did behave at first as if Beyoncé had all by herself changed the business, that sounded ridiculous then and by now, as all the hype has died down, isn't even mentioned anymore. Apart from those sales in the first week it has become a pop album like any other, only with more initial sales, and with more people claiming it's the mother of all pop albums, which is as ridiculous as to say the same of any other album. The surprise release can only be a hype once; now anybody basically can do it, and even if Beyoncé repeated it it wouldn't be anything special anymore.
The album did have promo. The way it was released on iTunes only, containing the videos, was its promo, but you have to work your head around that first. It was promoted by suddenly digitally coughing up huge quantity instead of quality. It doesn't make it good.
That digital release and its initial high sales were far too overrated in terms of claiming how it makes Beyoncé something unique - she's only good but not unique. Nobody is in the way people want to make her.If I sold 300,000 albums in a week it wouldn't be a big deal for me if somebody else sold 600,000.
People always see things in these twisted ways. The entire pop world doesn't pay attention to every move Beyoncé makes, they're all too busy with their own careers which are dependent on many many factors, not on how especially Beyoncé once sold an album. Yes, the whole discussion is ridiculous, because the thread even does refer to a trivial fun fact which happened 5 years ago when Katy wasn't much more than a nice pop singer amongst many, compared to now.
People also pay attention to what Katy does, or what others do, and most can't keep up with her or with some others' marketing at this moment. That doesn't mean Katy, or others, don't need to care anymore what happens around them. And Beyonce has to care about what happens around her. I can only repeat, if she didn't she could be out of the game anytime because she still lives on this planet and is involved in the same business.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 06:07:53 AM by TheMouse »

❤ Kitty Purry is my favorite cat ❤

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline cottoncandycloud9

• Ripest Apple
  • After a hurricane, comes a rainbow
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2014, 08:00:45 AM »
He hangs everything up on one shitty album which he thinks was the best ever

PAUSE. he thinks it's the best and you think it's shitty. done. point made. move the hell on.
you're both right and you're both wrong, because dear friends what you have hear is an opinion war. a simple opinion backed up with even more opinionated thoughts and a few actual facts thrown in for good measure.
no more!!! please!!! katy likes beyonce, can we leave it at that???  :lol:

Offline TheMouse

• Know it all
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2014, 08:06:02 AM »
He hangs everything up on one shitty album which he thinks was the best ever

PAUSE. he thinks it's the best and you think it's shitty. done. point made. move the hell on.
you're both right and you're both wrong, because dear friends what you have hear is an opinion war. a simple opinion backed up with even more opinionated thoughts and a few actual facts thrown in for good measure.
no more!!! please!!! katy likes beyonce, can we leave it at that???  :lol:
Of course, thanks! And once you take the the worship away, so I love her, too!

❤ Kitty Purry is my favorite cat ❤

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • don't be basic
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2014, 11:26:16 AM »
 :twitch:

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)