Author Topic: Super Bowl @ University of Phoenix Stadium - Glendale, AZ - February 1st 2015  (Read 2332 times)

Offline Like A Feather

• Wannabe
  • Mom's home
Re: Katy might perform for Super Ball 2015 Half Time Show
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2014, 01:13:02 PM »
Performing at the Superbowl halftime is the absolut ultimate proof that you are a relavant superstar of your time, BUT I think Rihanna is more likely to perform for 2015. And this for a very simple promo/marketing reason.

First Rih will have a new album to promote and probably a new tour as well, so a perf at superbowl is the best thing that can happen to her.
And Katy will be in the middle of PWT, with nothing to promote beacause Prism will be at the end (well atleast closer to the end than the beginning) of its career in the charts, so Katy doesn't benefit from anything at all with the 2015 superbowl. But for 2016 or 2017 with a new album to promote, it's another story...

Anyway its' obvious that she will do it soon or later, but to be honest I would be very surprised is she accepts this year
Wherever you go, so will I

Offline RallyRex

• Little Voyeur
  • Katy and Cars keep me going.
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2014, 01:55:20 PM »
Sounds like the NFL is getting pretty greedy.   :twitch:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/nfl-super-bowl-rihanna-coldplay-katy-perry-20140819
God...that league is such a sucker for money. Always looking for every dime, nickel, and penny from everyone who's interested!!
I do hope Katy gets to perform this upcoming Super Bowl...if not, she should be a good choice when it hits CA in 2016

Yeah, from the expanded schedule, to games almost every night of the week, etc....they just want more and more.  I could go on and on, haha. 
Twitter: @RallyRex1
PWT: | 7/22/14 | 8/2/14 | 8/13/14 | 8/14/14 | 10/10/14 | 10/11/14 |

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • don't be basic
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2014, 02:37:05 PM »
Performing at the Superbowl halftime is the absolut ultimate proof that you are a relavant superstar of your time, BUT I think Rihanna is more likely to perform for 2015. And this for a very simple promo/marketing reason.

First Rih will have a new album to promote and probably a new tour as well, so a perf at superbowl is the best thing that can happen to her.
And Katy will be in the middle of PWT, with nothing to promote beacause Prism will be at the end (well atleast closer to the end than the beginning) of its career in the charts, so Katy doesn't benefit from anything at all with the 2015 superbowl. But for 2016 or 2017 with a new album to promote, it's another story...

Anyway its' obvious that she will do it soon or later, but to be honest I would be very surprised is she accepts this year

Her name is big enough and might be convenient timing for Rih, but right now she is not ready for the Super Bowl. If she were to be picked she would have to step up her game A LOT performance-wise because if she plans on it being anything like her other performances over the last two years, it will not be good enough. She's just quite lazy and not at all sharp onstage atm, but Katy always puts her all into a performance every time she takes a stage, no matter how big or small it is, and she has enough hits. She's ready.

And I actually only think the timing is partially good for Rih, maybe it would be good because it would coincide with her album release, but in a slightly bigger picture, seeing as Beyoncé is probably the artist that Rih gets compared to and put up against the most, it's unfortunate that it would only be two years after Beyoncé's performance as people still remember her one and when it comes to live performances 'Beyoncé vs. Rihanna' is a game Beyoncé wins.

It would work better if Coldplay (the other act rumoured to be headlining) were the main performers and brought Rihanna out as a guest for a couple songs though. But Rih is not ready to do it all on her own.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 02:41:42 PM by OneOfKatysBoys »

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline cottoncandycloud9

• Ripest Apple
  • After a hurricane, comes a rainbow
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2014, 05:31:46 PM »

Her name is big enough and might be convenient timing for Rih, but right now she is not ready for the Super Bowl. If she were to be picked she would have to step up her game A LOT performance-wise because if she plans on it being anything like her other performances over the last two years, it will not be good enough. She's just quite lazy and not at all sharp onstage atm, but Katy always puts her all into a performance every time she takes a stage, no matter how big or small it is, and she has enough hits. She's ready.

And I actually only think the timing is partially good for Rih, maybe it would be good because it would coincide with her album release, but in a slightly bigger picture, seeing as Beyoncé is probably the artist that Rih gets compared to and put up against the most, it's unfortunate that it would only be two years after Beyoncé's performance as people still remember her one and when it comes to live performances 'Beyoncé vs. Rihanna' is a game Beyoncé wins.

It would work better if Coldplay (the other act rumoured to be headlining) were the main performers and brought Rihanna out as a guest for a couple songs though. But Rih is not ready to do it all on her own.

I agree, I mean, the way Rihanna performs seems to work for her fans, but the super bowl audience is way bigger than that, so I really don't think all those people who watch the super bowl are gonna want to see her put on a show. she is a pretty lazy performer lately.....

Katy has so much charisma that she puts on one hell of a show. even when its not her best vocal performance, the energy and presence she gives off is enough to get people to still have fun. But I'm not so sure it would be the right move, at least right now.

Offline steviep24

• Fierce
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2014, 05:50:09 PM »
I have a feeling it will be Coldplay though. I would love it if Katy performed.  :frolickingghost:

Anyway, I think it's ridiculous the NFL is asking the halftime performers to pay them. Don't they already have enough money?
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Offline katy_chameleon

• Dressed up like Elvis!
  • Katy's voice is like a pint of Guinness; smooth.
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2014, 02:18:50 AM »
I have a feeling it will be Coldplay though. I would love it if Katy performed.  :frolickingghost:

Anyway, I think it's ridiculous the NFL is asking the halftime performers to pay them. Don't they already have enough money?
Agreed. Though it would be nice to see Katy perform in the Super Bowl (and some her entourage were actively promoting the idea during SB 46 2 years ago), I don't think Katy's fan demographic would be compatible with the typical SB viewing audience. 

Coldplay, on the other hand, would fit that demographic nicely. You see a wide variety of fans at a Coldplay concert, including football fan types.

And I totally agree that it is ridiculous to ask any name entertainer to pay for the privilege to be the SB halftime show headliner. Personally, I don't think Katy should do it in that case, unless she agrees to donate all or part of her usual fee to a charity that both she and the NFL can agree to. Given the type of person Katy is, I would be very surprised if she would agree to accept the NFL's terms as proposed.

However, I would at the very least like to see Katy perform the national anthem at the SB. :)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 02:23:51 AM by katy_chameleon »
KatyCat #22170
Twitter: @katy_chameleon
2011-07-19: Rogers Arena, Vancouver
2014-09-09: Rogers Arena, Vancouver

Offline sunnystarzx

• Is Ready
  • Still Breakin' in the New Shoes.
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2014, 03:58:10 AM »
She's in the lead in the pill atm! :)
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.

Offline Like A Feather

• Wannabe
  • Mom's home
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2014, 05:04:52 AM »

100% agree with you on everything you mentioned. What am I only saying is that Rih will do everything she cans to win this (atleast that's what I'd do if I was her). And yes she's  so lazy on stage but for a superbowl halftime show I guess she would some crazy effort to put on the best show ever, wouldn't she ?

But I agree that Katy would be the best option for NFL considering her stage ability, songs that she would sing that are basically all #1 in the US and the fact that she coreesponds better to a large family audience than Rih does (I mean the half naked and dirty stuffs on stage are not really appropriate for an american audience).

And you're so right on the Beyoncé/Rih game tho   :lol:

As an impatient katycat I want Katy to perform in 2015 of course, but if I think about the benefits for her, I'd rather waiting a year or two. Let's suppose her next lead single comes out in february 2016, just imagine the massive first charts week she'd have with a Superbowl performance. I definitely sign for this possibility to happen.

And one thing that I'm thinking about is a Rih perf (in the case she's chosen), with the surprise Katy/Rih duet that we are waiting for ages, coming out of nowhere. That would be epic.

Offline sunnystarzx

• Is Ready
  • Still Breakin' in the New Shoes.
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2014, 05:54:36 AM »
I meant poll not pill :lol:
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.

Online TheMouse

• Know it all
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2014, 07:16:54 AM »
Is it something common at all to be on a hugely produced strenuous world tour and then do something big like that 'on the side'? That's the real question for me, and neither can I say if it's the best time for Katy generally, or if a later time would be better for her for other reasons than the tour - but I don't agree that she doesn't have the right 'fan demographic' - her supporters are more widely ranged than some people think, and if anybody is basically the right performer concerning that then Katy is.

❤ Kitty Purry is my favorite cat ❤

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline KatyKat2016

• Reading Hemingway
  • Bring out the big balloons
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2014, 10:36:20 AM »
I will agree, I think if Rihanna for whatever reason were to perform for the halftime show, she'd really have to step up her game because she really isn't all that much of a performer. Not criticizing her, cuz i do enjoy her singing and she's a great singer, but i've noticed in her performances she just stays in place the whole time or when she does move, it's just walking.

As for Coldplay, I could actually see them performing. I don't know why, because i feel like they don't have enough well known songs, which can become complicated with the amount of time given to perform. But i also think that they could possibly perform considering the past couple years it's been pop star after pop star.

For Katy, I feel like she would have a fantastic halftime show! As most of us have seen through the CDT, PWT, and every other performance, she really puts on a show like no one else. And she has more than enough well known songs! She would also definitely bring in quite the numbers for the NFL because she is so wildly popular. Hoping she gets it!

Offline 1stTimeKatyCat

• Little Voyeur
  • That's our Katy Perry for you.
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2014, 11:52:57 AM »
I really hope that Katy does decide to do the Superbowl Halftime Show. Honestly in this time, Katy is like the biggest artist right now. Bruno Mars was an amazing choice for last years Halftime Show. If Rhi or Coldplay get it I just can't see them putting on a better show than Katy.

Offline DillNewt24

• Makes U Spark A Firework
  • Be Proud of Who You Are!
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2014, 01:45:20 PM »
I really hope that Katy does decide to do the Superbowl Halftime Show. Honestly in this time, Katy is like the biggest artist right now. Bruno Mars was an amazing choice for last years Halftime Show. If Rhi or Coldplay get it I just can't see them putting on a better show than Katy.

I agree, Katy would put on such a amazing performance at the Halftime Show!

Twitter: @DillNewt

Offline Like A Feather

• Wannabe
  • Mom's home
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2014, 02:42:56 PM »
I will agree, I think if Rihanna for whatever reason were to perform for the halftime show, she'd really have to step up her game because she really isn't all that much of a performer. Not criticizing her, cuz i do enjoy her singing and she's a great singer, but i've noticed in her performances she just stays in place the whole time or when she does move, it's just walking.

As for Coldplay, I could actually see them performing. I don't know why, because i feel like they don't have enough well known songs, which can become complicated with the amount of time given to perform. But i also think that they could possibly perform considering the past couple years it's been pop star after pop star.

For Katy, I feel like she would have a fantastic halftime show! As most of us have seen through the CDT, PWT, and every other performance, she really puts on a show like no one else. And she has more than enough well known songs! She would also definitely bring in quite the numbers for the NFL because she is so wildly popular. Hoping she gets it!

As much as I despise Coldplay, we can't say they don't have enough well known songs. Paradise, Princess of China, Viva la Vida, A sky full of stars, and above all, many iconic 2000's songs (can't believe I just used the word iconic this group  :'( ) such as Fix You, The Scientist, Clock, Yellow etc. So they would fit such an event.

We all agree that Katy is the most able to put on a massive show that we can expect from a superbowl halftime show, no doubt about it

Offline SophieCat

• 1st Degree Stalker
  • California girl at heart
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2014, 02:59:34 PM »
I ADORE Coldplay, but they've said themselves that this album isn't really stadium material, and I think Katy's more likely to do it this time around! I hope she does it, cuz I've been waiting forever for her to do the halftime show!!  :firework:

CDT 8.21.11
PWT 8.7.14