Author Topic: Super Bowl @ University of Phoenix Stadium - Glendale, AZ - February 1st 2015  (Read 2570 times)

Offline MusicMonkey

• Wannabe
  • I'm a typing monkey...
Hey Everyone,

I hope I'm posting this in the right place since it's just speculation right now. My apologies if it's not right!

Billboard magazine posted an article today speculating that Katy Perry may be the one chosen to perform at the Super Bowl halftime show in Arizona this February. Now, they could be completely wrong but I think it would be a fantastic choice and I've been saying it for awhile. She has proven that she can throw an unbelievable show and would take the Super Bowl halftime show to another level! This would be a fantastic opportunity for Katy and I hope it happens. What does everyone think?

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/6221674/katy-perry-super-bowl-halftime-show?utm_source=twitter

Offline LuvChelseaRose

• Kissed a Girl - And Liked It!
  • KatyCat By The Grace of God
Hmm... She's gonna be in Spain, Italy and France doing her tour towards the middle-endish part of Feb.  I suppose it's still possible though.  I mean.. she IS Katy frickin Perry.   :lol:

Transparency is the new mystery. -- AM
9/30/14 - PWT Denver
10/11/14 - PWT Houston
twitter: @luvchelsearose

Offline mitsguy2001

• Real Fan
  • Katycat
Hmm... She's gonna be in Spain, Italy and France doing her tour towards the middle-endish part of Feb.  I suppose it's still possible though.  I mean.. she IS Katy frickin Perry.   :lol:

The Super Bowl is scheduled for Sunday, Feb. 1, 2015.  According to Wikipedia, after Dec. 20, 2014, Katy's next concert is on Feb. 16, 2015.  So she could be at the Super Bowl!!!

Offline katykicksass

• A Dead Battery
  • Once a KatyCat, Always a KatyCat
Katy doesn't start her European tour until the middle of February. Do they even ask the same people that's already performed before?
06/30/11 Toronto, Air Canada Centre
07/18/14 Toronto, Air Canada Centre
07/21/14 Toronto, Air Canada Centre

Offline TheMouse

• Know it all
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
Katy doesn't start her European tour until the middle of February. Do they even ask the same people that's already performed before?
Do You mean, Katy has performed there before? (Any televised commercial sports events I'm just really ignorant of  :lol: ) It seems there's no schedule reason why she couldn't, that would be fantastic, would love to watch that somewhere later! :thumbzup:

❤ Kitty Purry is my favorite cat ❤

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline OfficiallyAKatyKat4Life

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • Bring The Beat Back...
Do You mean, Katy has performed there before? (Any televised commercial sports events I'm just really ignorant of  :lol: ) It seems there's no schedule reason why she couldn't, that would be fantastic, would love to watch that somewhere later! :thumbzup:

yeah she performed in the pre-show for the 2012 SuperBowl

--and to put my 2 cents in haha i think she definitely could be performing!like most of us know,she has that large gap right before christmas until mid February..so its definitely possible!and even if she didnt have that large of a gap i still think she'd be able to do it haha and i also think that now having 3 albums out,she definitely has a good amount of songs to perform.i dont follow too many of these half-time shows,but what i've collected is they usually pick someone that has a good handful of songs to perform,not someone fresh on the scene that just has a couple singles out from one album,so i definitely think she has a good possibility!..and even though the tabloids n such can talk a lot of BS,theres still many times theyre right about things and i feel like when it comes to things like this,performances n such,they tend to be right..and she definitely has my vote! ;)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 04:55:08 AM by OfficiallyAKatyKat4Life »

Took A Selfie With Katy in Anaheim 09.16.14 :dreamboat:
Katy Cat #23892
PWT:9-16,17 & 22-2014
Twitter:@KatysSoyQuiche
PHHHOTO:walshiee
ps..forgive me for misspelling my username :-[

Offline thinkingofyou106

• U think you're a Genius!
I could definitely see Katy performing for the half-time show! She's one of the most popular artists at the moment so I'm sure tons of people would support that decision. Plus, since she does have a tour break right then she would probably be available! Katy deserves a touring break but I don't know if she would turn down an offer like that, since pretty much the whole world is watching you...hmm. I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

But I would be thrilled if she performed.  :dreamboat:
California Dreams Tour: June 23, 2011
Prismatic World Tour: August 14, 2014
Twitter: @KatyCatKate

No regrets, just love. <3

Offline chismism

• Out to Lunch
  • "Like A Lightning Bolt, Your Heart Will Glow!"
Does Katy have any sponsorship deals with Pepsi?  I ask because they are still the corporate sponsor of the halftime show, and that could be a good sign.

Either way, Bruno Mars was announced on September 8th last year, so hopefully we hear the official announcement soon!
"Be kind whenever possible; As it is always possible." --Dalai Lama

Offline katrieberkatycat

• Katy makes my heart happy.
I read their article on it and it's got me believing that she could! (And hoping!)
That would be great though.
26/10/11 CDT + got on stage
17/10/13 Met the lady herself!
20/05/14, 21/05/14, 28/05/14, 30/05/14 Prismatic world tour

Twitter http://twitter.com/katrieber

Offline RallyRex

• Little Voyeur
  • Katy and Cars keep me going.
Twitter: @RallyRex1
PWT: | 7/22/14 | 8/2/14 | 8/13/14 | 8/14/14 | 10/10/14 | 10/11/14 |

Offline MusicMonkey

• Wannabe
  • I'm a typing monkey...
Sounds like the NFL is getting pretty greedy.   :twitch:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/nfl-super-bowl-rihanna-coldplay-katy-perry-20140819

Thanks for sharing that link! I read the article this morning and it's insane that the NFL would ask the performers to pay to perform. The artists are the ones that increase viewership, which in turn increases sponsorship. The cost of advertising leading up to the halftime performance would probably be the highest and you know Katy would put on a great show that would be discussed for days and years to come. So, the NFL would gain a lot more than lose if they let the artists keep the money all to themselves.

Also, it's not like the NFL isn't making a lot of money through the commercials! With the amount of value that Katy is bringing to the table she should be the one asking for a portion of the commercial sales from the commercials leading into the halftime performance and immediately following it. She wouldn't but that's how much value the halftime performers bring to the Super Bowl. They shouldn't get greedy.

I really think that Katy would do a fantastic job and really hope that this happens!

Offline Essence23

• Wannabe
  • Katycat
Katy perry may play in 2015 halftime show
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2014, 10:26:40 AM »
So I guess the NFL has three people there considering rhiahna cold play or katy herself I don't know if we can vote or anything but it would be too kool to see her play on tv I think it would be great..     I hear though that there going to make them pay if they play so I don't know if its what she would do,, but I do think it sounds like something katy would do( I don't know if she has ever done a halftime show) and I think the amount they pay is a percentage of what they make on tour post the show lets all go (like we wouldn't ) to her show so we pay not her to go to the Super Bowl C:

Offline katykicksass

• A Dead Battery
  • Once a KatyCat, Always a KatyCat
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 11:00:46 AM by katykicksass »
06/30/11 Toronto, Air Canada Centre
07/18/14 Toronto, Air Canada Centre
07/21/14 Toronto, Air Canada Centre

Offline LuvChelseaRose

• Kissed a Girl - And Liked It!
  • KatyCat By The Grace of God

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/nfl-super-bowl-rihanna-coldplay-katy-perry-20140819

Really?!?  That's stupid. These artists sell out their shows either way. They defineatly don't need the NFLs help to do that.   

Transparency is the new mystery. -- AM
9/30/14 - PWT Denver
10/11/14 - PWT Houston
twitter: @luvchelsearose

Offline Legend-waitforit-daryLove

• The prismatic way of life :-)
Re: Katy might perform for Super Ball 2015 Half Time Show
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2014, 12:49:22 PM »

God...that league is such a sucker for money. Always looking for every dime, nickel, and penny from everyone who's interested!!
I do hope Katy gets to perform this upcoming Super Bowl...if not, she should be a good choice when it hits CA in 2016