Author Topic: Forum requests  (Read 8553 times)

Offline KISStroyer/Katytroyer

• Ignites the Light
  • Houston Crew for life. 10/11/14- <3
Forum requests
« on: July 29, 2014, 02:31:17 PM »
Was hoping to find a thread to suggest small things to be added, but didn't find one so maybe this thread could be it.

Reason I was looking for one was I was wanting to know if a feature could be added for spoilers. A lot of forums if you put [spoiler] insert spoiled thing here [/spoiler] it'll either make it where you have to hover of it to see, or click "show spoiler".

Didn't really want to make a thread just for that so if y'all want maybe this can be the suggestions thread.

KISS first showed me that being myself was okay. Katy took that seed and blossomed me into the person I am today.
Twitter

Offline Legend-waitforit-daryLove

• Wannabe Stalker
  • The prismatic way of life :-)
Re: Forum requests
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 07:43:24 PM »
I'll go ahead and put in a suggestion to start things off. It's something that I think would help a lot...

This forum needs a mobile website and/or an app for smartphones & tablets.

Personally, I think it's important to do this, especially NOW with the way that:
  • This forum has lost its activity...and it's noticeable. Some of us aren't on the forum or as active as once before. (No offense to those users...their reasons are their reasons; let them do what they want) Granted, I know that as I am posting this, it's sort of a dead/dry time to keep up with Katy until her 4th album shows up.  However, that doesn't mean this forum has to come to a stop when an album era is over. This place can be fun and social, regardless of whether she's laying low or on tour.
  • I'm stating the obvious here when I say times have changed since this forum started. The way we use our (smart)phones and tablets these days, especially with how people have their 3G and 4G internet with them everywhere they go, it's insane! Not all of us get to sit down at a computer every day and keep up with the game threads or share pictures on tour threads. Something's got to change so that we can follow KPF at an instant.
Imagine being able to download an app for this forum from iTunes or going to this website on your iPhone, but with a different look so that it's easier when you want to do things. One, the other, or both would help this place A LOT. Maybe, we can get back the old users and better yet, gain a new batch of users who would be excited to join KPF. Mods, I hope you can hear me from the top floor!!  :thumbzup:
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 12:46:57 AM by Legend-waitforit-daryLove »

Offline JonnyKat

• Dirty Doggy
  • Katycat
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 02:11:26 AM »
that is really great idea...plus it will keep the trolls and spammers away.

• Wannabe Stalker
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 03:00:58 PM »
that is really great idea...plus it will keep the trolls and spammers away.
Another good point...we do need much less of them too.

Offline steviep24

• Needs a Hobby!
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 11:06:37 PM »
I'll go ahead and put in a suggestion to start things off. It's something that I think would help a lot...

This forum needs a mobile website and/or a an app for smartphones & tablets.

Personally, I think it's important to do this, especially NOW with the way that:
  • This forum has lost its activity...and it's noticeable. Some of us aren't on the forum or as active as once before. (No offense to those users...their reasons are their reasons; let them do what they want) Granted, I know that as I am posting this, it's sort of a dead/dry time to keep up with Katy until her 4th album shows up.  However, that doesn't mean this forum has to come to a stop when an album era is over. This place can be fun and social, regardless of whether she's laying low or on tour.
  • I'm stating the obvious here when I say times have changed since this forum started. The way we use our (smart)phones and tablets these days, especially with how people have their 3G and 4G internet with them everywhere they go, it's insane! Not all of us get to sit down at a computer every day and keep up with the game threads or share pictures on tour threads. Something's got to change so that we can follow KPF at an instant.
Imagine being able to download an app for this forum from iTunes or going to this website on your iPhone, but with a different look so that it's easier when you want to do things. One, the other, or both would help this place A LOT. Maybe, we can get back the old users and better yet, gain a new batch of users who would be excited to join KPF. Mods, I hope you can hear me from the top floor!!  :thumbzup:
I believe this is the most important thing that needs to be done for the forum. Everyone I know no longer uses their computer for surfing the web, they do it from their smartphone or tablet and there are many people who no longer own a computer for that reason. I mostly use my Samsung tablet to read the forum nowadays.
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. :) My twitter: @24steviep

• Wannabe Stalker
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 12:45:12 AM »

This forum needs a mobile website and/or an app for smartphones & tablets.

I believe this is the most important thing that needs to be done for the forum. Everyone I know no longer uses their computer for surfing the web, they do it from their smartphone or tablet and there are many people who no longer own a computer for that reason. I mostly use my Samsung tablet to read the forum nowadays.
It's the main reason why there's multiple threads begging for this since 2011....6 of them if you want to keep count.

An app for our phones and tablets would just make it EASY. Even if that's too hard, there's an alternative we can fall back on (thanks to your suggestion below)

Perhaps an app is not needed but a mobile version of the forum is.

...that would be a good place to start if making an app is out of reach. We need people to get behind this...guys and gals who can make a website, code a program, etc. Because...well...I can't do this by myself!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 12:57:35 AM by Legend-waitforit-daryLove »

Offline wowitsjoey

• Makes U Spark A Firework
  • Katycat
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 09:41:53 PM »
I'm honestly so close to leaving because of this spam. It drives me up the wall that every other post is spam.

Can the moderators please PLEASE take the time to ban all the users and delete all their posts... I understand that you're busy with your personal lives but this is getting ridiculous and it looks horrendous and to people considering joining it looks like this forum is a wasteland...

Offline JonnyKat

• Dirty Doggy
  • Katycat
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2016, 02:16:34 AM »
I so agree with you we really need someone to clean up the crap constantly...especially with KP4 coing out this year hopefully, the forum could get kickin' again

« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 02:23:33 AM by JonnyKat »

Offline steviep24

• Needs a Hobby!
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2016, 07:20:36 PM »
I so agree with you we really need someone to clean up the crap constantly...especially with KP4 coing out this year hopefully, the forum could get kickin' again
It would help if the mods actually came to the forum. I think only Lazy Blazy's been logging in from time to time.

To be honest I'm surprised the forum is still online. Only a few members come here and someone has to pay the web hosting bill and that is the administrator, AKateisaKate. Unless it is somehow getting enough ad revenue to keep it going.
Never grow up!

6/30/2011 Toronto ACC

• Wannabe Stalker
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2016, 09:08:02 AM »
No words here. Well now that the spam post is gone...proceed.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 03:52:09 PM by Legend-waitforit-daryLove »

Offline CiaraCandyCat

• Not What I Planned
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2016, 03:53:24 PM »
It would help if the mods actually came to the forum. I think only Lazy Blazy's been logging in from time to time.

To be honest I'm surprised the forum is still online. Only a few members come here and someone has to pay the web hosting bill and that is the administrator, AKateisaKate. Unless it is somehow getting enough ad revenue to keep it going.
Yah I think the KPF Twitter gets more activity than the actual forum these days!  ???
Hopefully it'll pick up when the next album comes out.

Nov 7th 2011 - #DublinDreams - M&G
May 7th 2014 - Belfast #PrismaticWorldTour
Twitter: @lollipocalypse_
Tumblr: bogey-lowenstein.tumblr.com

Offline wowitsjoey

• Makes U Spark A Firework
  • Katycat
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2016, 10:46:04 PM »
It's probably a little late, but if the mods see this I just want to say thank you for cleaning up all this spam. I appreciate it!  :thumbzup:

Offline steviep24

• Needs a Hobby!
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2016, 11:24:22 PM »
It's probably a little late, but if the mods see this I just want to say thank you for cleaning up all this spam. I appreciate it!  :thumbzup:
Thank AKateisaKate.  :) The problem was so bad only the admin could deal with it and had to close the forum to do so.
Never grow up!

6/30/2011 Toronto ACC

Offline JonnyKat

• Dirty Doggy
  • Katycat
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2016, 02:45:36 AM »
I also want to say thanks to the mods for their hard work... :thumbzup:

Offline ifucanaffordme

• 2nd Degree Stalker
  • Breathe & Believe <3 #3306 Crimson&Clover
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2016, 12:03:59 AM »
I agree I come on less because I use my phone. At the moment I'm even posting from my phone! While its possible to do, it doesn't display properly on mobile devices. That being said, we must remember that the mods do not get any payment for running this forum, and to create an app would cost money! They more than likely  will either need a large amount of donations, or someone that can create an app! :)

April 7 2009! NYC 1 row!
July 30, 2009 Atlantic City NJ front row! She held my hand :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlgaqkHhcHo
June 19, 2011 I MET Katy! Newark
July 12, 2014 PWT NJ
August 5, 2014 PWT PA