Author Topic: Birthday card for Katy  (Read 1812 times)

Online KISStroyer/Katytroyer

• Ignites the Light
  • Houston Crew for life. 10/11/14- <3
Birthday card for Katy
« on: July 21, 2014, 11:35:03 AM »
So I'll be going to both of the Houston shows in October, which not only happens to be the last US shows, but that Saturday is exactly 2 weeks before our dearest mom turns 30. So that being said, I was going to work with yo_teachsam, who I'm also working with for the KatyCatCam, and give Katy a birthday card.

We don't have all the details ironed out quite yet, but basically Sam was going to make the card, I was thinking probably use a poster board, and then also create an envelope for it. The day of the show(s), we were going to have people sign the card(s) (not sure if one or two, as it'll prob get a lot of signatures), and prior to that weekend, I was going to get papers printed off with messages from you guys here on the forum, and possibly a few from twitter to put inside the envelope.

Once we have the card ready, we have one or two methods of getting it to Katy onstage. Method 1 would be if Sam gets picked to go up on stage for her birthday, and she'll hand it to her then. Method 2 is me. I'll be in the RS the Saturday show and I have early entry. So I would get a spot at the tip and find a way to hand it to her during the show, as I've heard she takes letters and whatnot from the fans.

I'm not sure what the card will say on it, as me and sam just discussed this last night. So if you guys want to start leaving messages, suggestions and ideas just drop em here.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 04:07:06 PM by KISStroyer/Katytroyer »

KISS: 12/5/09; 9/17/10; 8/3/12; 8/31/14
Katy: 10/10/14; 10/11/14 <3
The Pretty Reckless: 9/28/14 (M&G)
Twitter

Offline katykicksass

• A Dead Battery
  • Once a KatyCat, Always a KatyCat
Re: Birthday card for Katy
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 11:44:01 AM »
That's a good idea.  :) I'll leave a message once I think of one.

She definitely takes letters from KatyCats during the acoustic set.
06/30/11 Toronto, Air Canada Centre
07/18/14 Toronto, Air Canada Centre
07/21/14 Toronto, Air Canada Centre

Offline katypfan1999

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • **LET THE LIGHT IN!**
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 01:26:40 PM »
Wow! You mean that she could see a message from me? :wowza: Ok, the headline should be in rainbow colors like

HAPPYBIRTHDAY

And then a smaller subtext underneath that says some lyrics from Bday, like "We'll be your gift Katy!"

And then some messages from us on KPF, and lots of sigs.

Offline cherry_chapstick

• Kissed a Girl - And Liked It!
  • All of your charms have worked on me
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 06:09:51 PM »
Yeah I definitely think it should feature some lyrics from Birthday on the cover! I'll contribute if I can post something here and have you put it in there. She'll love it :kittypurry:
~ Nicole/24/Australia ~

PWT - November 21, 2014 :firework:
PWT - December 13, 2014

Offline KatyKat2016

• Reading Hemingway
  • Bring out the big balloons
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 04:39:10 PM »
That's a great idea! Would love to participate!  :angelpop:

Offline RallyRex

• Dressing Up
  • Katy and Cars keep me going.
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 09:25:40 PM »
This is a great idea!  I would definitely like to be a part of this.
Twitter: @RallyRex1
PWT: | 7/22/14 | 8/2/14 | 8/13/14 | 8/14/14 | 10/10/14 | 10/11/14 |

Offline katypfan1999

• **LET THE LIGHT IN!**
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 09:32:07 PM »
Hey Kisstroyer, do you have an update on what's goin' down? Like, have you got the card? Anything like that?

• Ignites the Light
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 08:34:09 AM »
Hey Kisstroyer, do you have an update on what's goin' down? Like, have you got the card? Anything like that?

Talked to yo_teachsam on twitter via DMs. She's gonna make the card. Both agreed that a posterboard would be best, though we haven't decided on one or two yet. I'm thinking for the letters/notes from you guys here, I should get a folder kinda like this: http://www.companyfolders.com/design/media/2013/04/catholic-high-school-pocket-folder_inside-right.jpg

Just a generic folder. Not necessarily that color, but then with a marker put something on the front. Not sure what yet. Then on the inside put the papers with messages from you guys.

We won't know who will give it to her till we find out if sam is going to get to go on stage during birthday. That plan is still as I said, if she goes up on stage Friday the 10th for her birthday, we'll give it to her then. If she doesn't I'll manage to get it to Katy from the RS on Saturday.

You guys can start leaving messages here now if you wish, I'm gonna save them in a word document as yall add them. If you want to make any changes edit the post and let me know you changed it so I can update my doc.

Not sure when Sam is gonna make the card, but we still have little over 2 months till the show, so plenty of time.

Twitter

Offline katypfan1999

• **LET THE LIGHT IN!**
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 06:40:08 PM »

Talked to yo_teachsam on twitter via DMs. She's gonna make the card. Both agreed that a posterboard would be best, though we haven't decided on one or two yet. I'm thinking for the letters/notes from you guys here, I should get a folder kinda like this: http://www.companyfolders.com/design/media/2013/04/catholic-high-school-pocket-folder_inside-right.jpg

Just a generic folder. Not necessarily that color, but then with a marker put something on the front. Not sure what yet. Then on the inside put the papers with messages from you guys.

We won't know who will give it to her till we find out if sam is going to get to go on stage during birthday. That plan is still as I said, if she goes up on stage Friday the 10th for her birthday, we'll give it to her then. If she doesn't I'll manage to get it to Katy from the RS on Saturday.

You guys can start leaving messages here now if you wish, I'm gonna save them in a word document as yall add them. If you want to make any changes edit the post and let me know you changed it so I can update my doc.

Not sure when Sam is gonna make the card, but we still have little over 2 months till the show, so plenty of time.

Offline Legend-waitforit-daryLove

• The prismatic way of life :-)
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2014, 03:56:28 AM »

Excellent plan! I'll see if I can come up with some things to say to her'!
Also, if I send her a picture to sign, does it have a good chance of getting back to me?

• Ignites the Light
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2014, 05:15:28 AM »
Also, if I send her a picture to sign, does it have a good chance of getting back to me?

Well I mean, I'm sure me or Sam would be sure to send it back to you, but not really sure how easy it would be to get her to sign it while she's up on stage still.

Twitter

Offline Legend-waitforit-daryLove

• The prismatic way of life :-)
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2014, 08:43:15 AM »

Well I mean, I'm sure me or Sam would be sure to send it back to you, but not really sure how easy it would be to get her to sign it while she's up on stage still.
Ah...forgot about that part. I was thinking she would do it after the show, then maybe find someone to help her send it back to me. Obviously, I'd have to send my address and all to have a chance...then again, even that may still be a little complicated in itself

Offline TariqBethTerry

• Wannabe w. more posts
  • Karlsruhe ✈ Munich, PWT ✈
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2014, 11:44:40 AM »
i love the idea, should we post our message here?

https://twitter.com/tariqterry
too busy for bullshit bb

• Ignites the Light
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2014, 12:17:42 PM »
i love the idea, should we post our message here?

Eyup. As people post them here, I'll put them in a word doc. on my computer as well and then print them off before I go to Houston for the show.

Twitter

Offline katypfan1999

• **LET THE LIGHT IN!**
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2014, 07:16:23 PM »
Happy birthday!

I cannot believe you're turning 30! You look 25 and act, eh, maybe 16? You're truly and utterly inspiration for me. You've encouraged to do many things that I wouldn't have done if not for you. I recently started playing guitar because I see how elegant you are when you play and sing. It's truly one of the most soothing things I've ever heard, and I decided that if Katy can do it, I can do it. So because of you, I'm learning to play guitar, and even some of your songs :) Your singing voice is... unexplainable. I'll do my best though. It's sublime. Elegant. Enticing. It's just beautiful. I don't care what people say about you or your voice. No matter what, you'll be amazing to me, Katy. Also, went to your Glendale show, and it was spectacular. Your acoustic set was tear jerking. There something about you that just... makes people want to love you ;)

I know it's your birthday coming up, but I sort of have a wish. Please do more acoustic performances! They're amazing!

Hit me up on KPF, Pickle Staircase
Liam Wade (katypfan1999) <----- not a very original name, I know :P
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 08:08:56 AM by katypfan1999 »