Author Topic: Katy Perry sought to star in Clueless musical on Broadway?  (Read 268 times)

Offline SantaBarbaraKitty

• Makes U Spark A Firework
Katy Perry sought to star in Clueless musical on Broadway?
« on: July 15, 2014, 05:42:34 PM »
http://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/news/celebrity/2014/07/14/clueless-the-musical-news-katy-perry-to-star

Amy Heckerling, the film's director, then announced she was in the "really early stages" of creating a Clueless musical for Broadway, with a book and song lyrics already penned. But will Cher by played by an unknown musical star? As if! Heckerling has got her eye on Iggy herself for the plum role, or even more excitingly, Katy Perry.  "Katy Perry has expressed interest, and I love her to death" she revealed.

What do you all think?  Would Katy make a good Cher?  Although it would be a HUGE commitment, I think it would be a fantastic opportunity- something unlike anything she's ever done before.

Online TheMouse

• Know it all
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
Re: Katy Perry sought to star in Clueless musical on Broadway?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 06:09:56 PM »
If I don't misjudge things, Katy has such a big fan community these days that a lot of people would go to see it just to see her even - so, then it must be good alone for marketing the musical, and of course she would be brilliant in it - and Katy herself says occasionally she always wants to try something new and expand! I didn't even know the great points mentioned in the article, like she can easily put on the right accent etc, but that makes it even better. I guess it's up to her, I'd hope Katy would follow it up and do it!

❤ Kitty Purry is my favorite cat ❤

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline Tori_Rose

• Wannabe w. more posts
  • Katycat
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 01:23:21 PM »
I think it would be fabulous to see Katy on Broadway, really hope this works out.

Offline katypfan1999

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • **LET THE LIGHT IN!**
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 09:46:08 PM »
I think it would be fabulous to see Katy on Broadway, really hope this works out.
The thing is though, she doesn't have the Broadway voice. Ya know what I mean? Maybe I'm wrong. Hopefully I am, because it'd be an awesome show if so.

Offline ifucanaffordme

• 2nd Degree Stalker
  • Breathe & Believe <3 #3306 Crimson&Clover
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 09:52:00 PM »
I can see this happening, but itd have to be after her tour and stuff. :) Itd be awesome though, because fans would get a better chance to meet her and things like that :D Plus it would be cool to see katy outside of her musical scene, live. I hope it happens! I heard somewhere that katy wants chers part??  :pinkbow:

April 7 2009! NYC 1 row!
July 30, 2009 Atlantic City NJ front row! She held my hand :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlgaqkHhcHo
June 19, 2011 I MET Katy! Newark
July 12, 2014 PWT NJ
August 5, 2014 PWT PA

Offline robotindisguise87

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 11:24:01 PM »
I'll be waiting for "You're a virgin who can't drive" the song.  :lol:

This would be pretty cool, if it did happen, I would so be flying over for it!
Melbourne CDT - 28/4/11
Sydney KP3D Premiere -30/6/12
Sydney Sunrise Concert - 29/10/13
Belfast PWT - 7/05/14
Belfast PWT - 8/05/14
Perth PWT - 7/11/14
Perth PWT - 8/11/14

Online TheMouse

• Know it all
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2014, 01:55:57 AM »
The thing is though, she doesn't have the Broadway voice. Ya know what I mean? Maybe I'm wrong. Hopefully I am, because it'd be an awesome show if so.
What is 'the broadway voice'? I'm a bit confused.

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline katrieberkatycat

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • Katy makes my heart happy.
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2014, 10:00:54 AM »

I kinda get you! I think katy would be good in this even so, because she has a great voice!
26/10/11 CDT + got on stage
17/10/13 Met the lady herself!
20/05/14, 21/05/14, 28/05/14, 30/05/14 Prismatic world tour

Twitter http://twitter.com/katrieber

Online TheMouse

• Know it all
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2014, 12:03:34 PM »

I kinda get you! I think katy would be good in this even so, because she has a great voice!

I looked into this trying to get a bit clearer about it,and what I seem to have found is that there is no longer a contemporary clear definition for 'the' broadway voice because it's an outdated term. Part of the answers below make that clear - those answers can't be directly applied to Katy, of course, because she's already a singing global star.

If Katy was to sing there, one aspect not to be forgotten is that she would systematically be coached into it, not plunging into it unprepared. (The hate commentators on social media who advice her to 'take singing lessons' are ignorant of the fact that a top professional like her does exactly that continuously anyway.)
I believe that one especially important thing about Katy is her versatility! People, even her fans, used to say she wouldn't be suitable to do rap, or country music - now she's done both, and she was amazing every time!
And Katy being such an obsessed perfectionist (that's how she got where she's now!), she'd know what she's doing, and the people who might want her for the musical would be aware of that.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 12:08:33 PM by TheMouse »