Author Topic: Prismatic Tour Press  (Read 353 times)

Offline KatyKat2016

• Reading Hemingway
  • Bring out the big balloons
Prismatic Tour Press
« on: July 12, 2014, 12:56:38 PM »
I don't think there's a thread for this yet, so here we go! Just share any PWT press that you find interesting, ridiculous, awesome, etc.

I was just browsing through some reviews about the tour, and this one from New York Daily News popped up. This one kind of ticked me off because they were saying how her performance's are childish, she's not mature, etc. They continued with saying she's almost 30, divorced, and needs to grow up a bit. Honestly, I don't see anything wrong with how she performs. She's making people happy with her presence, voice, and just the ultimate love for what she's does.

Here's the link btw:
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/katy-perry-prismatic-tour-msg-article-1.1861340

Offline TheMouse

• Know it all
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
Re: Prismatic Tour Press
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 05:20:36 PM »
Articles are never written by 'them' but always by one person. There is no 'they' who say anything in them, and if we disagree strongly with what that one person writes I think we should use the options given to let them know, in the comment sections or on social media like twitter - in this case

Jim Farber @JimFarberMusic

He's clearly a clueless old bore who thinks himself intellectual while scribbling away about things he doesn't understand.

Sometimes I come across so called 'reviews' but I don't really look for them because they're all the same uninformed crap.

❤ Kitty Purry is my favorite cat ❤

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline AilenBones

• Futuristic Lover
  • I can feel a phoenix inside of me.
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 03:02:05 PM »
Articles are never written by 'them' but always by one person. There is no 'they' who say anything in them, and if we disagree strongly with what that one person writes I think we should use the options given to let them know, in the comment sections or on social media like twitter - in this case

Jim Farber @JimFarberMusic

He's clearly a clueless old bore who thinks himself intellectual while scribbling away about things he doesn't understand.

Sometimes I come across so called 'reviews' but I don't really look for them because they're all the same uninformed crap.

Exactly...

09/27/11 - I met my idol, my fuckin' inspiration. Love you, Katheryn ♥.

Offline E.T.

• Wannabe
  • Katycat
Katy Perry brings Ottawa fans to their feet at sold-out show
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 01:12:41 PM »
There's nothing wrong with a good old pop song.

Katy Perry is living proof, too, and she doesn't need to twerk the nation on live TV, or don otherworldly outfits in every public appearance for people to take notice.

Some 16,200 fans at a sold-out Canadian Tire Centre stood and took notice -- and they did hear her roar -- on Wednesday as the 29-year-old Californian put in a commanding performance to the delight of the pop princesses and disco dudes (and probably some of their parents) in the multicoloured crowd.

Yes, after a month-long outdoor feast for the city's music-lovers, it was time to come inside for the first of a triple-shot of the top touring pop stars in the land -- a veritable who's-who of true American idols with Perry priming pop fans for Justin Timberlake and Bruno Mars with Pharrell Williams -- all performing within a week of each other at the CTC.

But this was Perry's night, as her third mammoth world tour -- dubbed Prismatic after her chart-topping fourth album -- took the standard arena pop spectacle to new heights, and likely helped fuel the citywide spike in sales of crazy-coloured wigs and shocking pink hair dye.

But gone now is the cartoon rainbow bubblegum of her last outing -- the California Dreams tour that raked in millions worldwide -- and in its place an elaborate Egyptian-themed stage, exploding with flashbulbs and laser lights as a giant pyramid unfolded onstage to reveal Perry standing in shimmering miniskirt, revealing a fluorescent neon trim that lit up the stage when the house lights went down.

Source: Ottawa Sun

Loved the first sentence, no need to twerk or don otherworldly outfits in public, straight shot at Miley and Gaga. Boom.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 01:15:41 PM by E.T. »

Offline katypfan1999

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • **LET THE LIGHT IN!**
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 10:34:03 AM »
I don't think there's a thread for this yet, so here we go! Just share any PWT press that you find interesting, ridiculous, awesome, etc.

I was just browsing through some reviews about the tour, and this one from New York Daily News popped up. This one kind of ticked me off because they were saying how her performance's are childish, she's not mature, etc. They continued with saying she's almost 30, divorced, and needs to grow up a bit. Honestly, I don't see anything wrong with how she performs. She's making people happy with her presence, voice, and just the ultimate love for what she's does.

Here's the link btw:
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/katy-perry-prismatic-tour-msg-article-1.1861340
Haha, it seems to me that this guy is angry that Katy's making millions while doing what she loves, while he's probably making nothing from writing articles on a website no one visits.  :lol: At least he couldn't deny she had good vocals  :lol:

http://www.mtv.com/news/1876066/katy-perry-pizza-costume-wrestling-dog/
Talks about her Killer Pizza Bruh

Offline TheMouse

• Know it all
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.

❤ Kitty Purry is my favorite cat ❤

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant