Author Topic: Latest Ridiculous Lawsuits Inc. Katy Perry  (Read 937 times)

Online katypfan1999

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • **LET THE LIGHT IN!**
Re: Latest Ridiculous Lawsuits Inc. Katy Perry
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2014, 02:51:58 AM »
I listened to both songs yesterday, and they don't sound the same! Both songs have a completely different sound and are different instruments are used to play the music! This lawsuit is silly  :rofl:
Silly? How is it silly? It makes COMPLETE sense! Just read my story, it makes everything make sense  :lol:

Silly for him to even think about this lawsuit!  :lol:
Your story is pretty amazing though, very realistic  ;) :lol:
Ah thank you <3

Offline katrieberkatycat

• Katy makes my heart happy.
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2014, 02:54:38 AM »
I listened to both songs yesterday, and they don't sound the same! Both songs have a completely different sound and are different instruments are used to play the music! This lawsuit is silly  :rofl:
Silly? How is it silly? It makes COMPLETE sense! Just read my story, it makes everything make sense  :lol:

Silly for him to even think about this lawsuit!  :lol:
Your story is pretty amazing though, very realistic  ;) :lol:
Ah thank you <3

you're welcome   :xx:
26/10/11 CDT + got on stage
17/10/13 Met the lady herself!
20/05/14, 21/05/14, 28/05/14, 30/05/14 Prismatic world tour

Twitter http://twitter.com/katrieber

Offline sparkleattack

• Reading Hemingway
  • ~sparkle face~
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2014, 03:30:57 AM »
Even though I think the law suit is crazy, I do hear similarities. Of course the songs are completely different, but the intro is similar and the part where LeCrae (or Flame)'s voice drops sounds a bit like Juicy J singing "There's No Going Back" on Dark Horse. Just an observation. Still like Dark Horse better. But I get it.
2014 - May 31st - Prismatic World Tour - London o2 Arena
2015 - March 9th - Prismatic World Tour - Amsterdam Ziggo Dome

Offline TheMouse

• Know it all
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2014, 04:20:47 AM »
Even though I think the law suit is crazy, I do hear similarities. Of course the songs are completely different, but the intro is similar and the part where LeCrae (or Flame)'s voice drops sounds a bit like Juicy J singing "There's No Going Back" on Dark Horse. Just an observation. Still like Dark Horse better. But I get it.
There isn't enough of it to call it plagiarism. The criteria for that are legally very precisely defined.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/jul/03/katy-perry-accused-of-plagiarism-dark-horse-joyful-noise?commentpage=1

The Guardian is supposed to be an intellectual newspaper, but even they allow clueless contributions when it comes to things like those. The author, like everywhere else, doesn't seem to be aware that Capitol Records' legal department, not Katy Perry personally, would deal with the entire issue in a case like that.

Me and my new ADMIRA from Spain are gonna be one damn firework.
I love her unconditionally.

:firework: :frolickingghost: :firework:

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline Squeeniex27

• Makes Cupcakes Cry
  • The light has come
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2014, 06:57:28 AM »
I just listened to Joyful Noise to compare it to Dark Horse. Literally NOTHING is the same! It's just for attention to sue Katy, and I feel bad that she has to go through that while on tour. I didn't even know Christian Rap existed....
Prism: let the light in

Offline TheMouse

• Know it all
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2014, 09:55:52 AM »
I just listened to Joyful Noise to compare it to Dark Horse. Literally NOTHING is the same! It's just for attention to sue Katy, and I feel bad that she has to go through that while on tour. I didn't even know Christian Rap existed....
Don't worry too much, she doesn't have to go through it herself, it's just between lawyers and so on.

Me and my new ADMIRA from Spain are gonna be one damn firework.
I love her unconditionally.

:firework: :frolickingghost: :firework:

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline Essence23

• Wannabe
  • Katycat
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2014, 11:06:51 AM »
I honestly think that katy would never steal a song or try to take someone else's work for her own I'm sure the lawsuit will work out but it kinda makes people think negative of her she works so hard then people who don't know think she's a crook and that her songs aren't original makes me so mad that she has to go through that.

Offline cherry_chapstick

• Reading Hemingway
  • All of your charms have worked on me
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2014, 04:37:20 PM »
If I take my bias for Katy out of it, the intro does sound SMILIAR (not the same) and how the first line is sung is kinda similar... but that's about it. Just someone who noticed a similarity to his own song and thought he'd try and cash in on it and make a bigger name for himself. Don't think Katy would lose sleep over it at all.
~ Nicole/24/Australia ~

PWT - November 21, 2014 :firework:
PWT - December 13, 2014

Offline AilenBones

• Makes Cupcakes Cry
  • I can feel a phoenix inside of me.
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2014, 10:51:00 PM »
That is a bullshit. They need money, that's the point. She doesn't need steal a song because is all in her mind. If we think on this... a looooooooooot of songs sounds familiar because everything is invented, there are chords that can match.

09/27/11 - I met my idol, my fuckin' inspiration. Love you, Katheryn ♥.

Offline katrieberkatycat

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2014, 04:37:03 AM »
http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/jul/03/katy-perry-accused-of-plagiarism-dark-horse-joyful-noise?commentpage=1

I don't like how the first sentence is "Katy Perry... offending one religion after another" and this photo...

There's a soundcloud thing at the bottom of this page where they slow down katy's song and play it over the top of the other... To me, if you have to slow something down to prove your point, it's maybe not valid and you're maybe nit picking for some news...

Online katypfan1999

• **LET THE LIGHT IN!**
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2014, 04:44:03 AM »

I don't like how the first sentence is "Katy Perry... offending one religion after another" and this photo...

There's a soundcloud thing at the bottom of this page where they slow down katy's song and play it over the top of the other... To me, if you have to slow something down to prove your point, it's maybe not valid and you're maybe nit picking for some news...
Wow. They've got some balls saying that. Offending one religion after the other my ass. She's not offending the religion, the religion is getting offended. And how is a supposed "copied" beat offensive to a religion? And I'm suuure that beat's original. "Everything's a copy of a copy of a copy" -Edward Norton, Fight Club

Offline katrieberkatycat

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2014, 04:48:54 AM »

Wow. They've got some balls saying that. Offending one religion after the other my ass. She's not offending the religion, the religion is getting offended. And how is a supposed "copied" beat offensive to a religion? And I'm suuure that beat's original. "Everything's a copy of a copy of a copy" -Edward Norton, Fight Club

It's not even like the whole religion is getting offended, more "one person who is of this religion is offended so we shall word this article in a way that makes Katy Perry look horrible."

I hate journalists sometimes. And your quote is too true!  :)

Online katypfan1999

• **LET THE LIGHT IN!**
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2014, 04:51:15 AM »

It's not even like the whole religion is getting offended, more "one person who is of this religion is offended so we shall word this article in a way that makes Katy Perry look horrible."

Thank Fight Club for that one  ;)
And yeah, I hate journalists too. We's together on that one.

Offline katrieberkatycat

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2014, 04:57:22 AM »

Thank Fight Club for that one  ;)
And yeah, I hate journalists too. We's together on that one.

I think most people would agree! It's a rarity for someone in the media to be nice nowadays.

Offline mininancy97

• Left The Gas On
  • The Spanish KatyCat :3
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2014, 06:17:18 AM »
Here's a comparision between the two songs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zym-n4ZIEDg

Yeah, if you take pitch down and you speed up the tempo both songs are TOO similar, but Katy's song is slower and the pitch is higher, the original version of Dark Horse is not like Joyful Noise, I think is too crazy to call it "plagiarism"
Twitter-> @daniel_llanes

♥Prismatic World Tour live in Barcelona-> 2015, February 16th♥