Author Topic: What song do you think Katy will ultimately be best remembered for?  (Read 836 times)

Offline mitsguy2001

• Dirty Doggy
  • Katycat
Re: What song do you think Katy will ultimately be best remembered for?
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2014, 05:22:55 PM »
I agree with everything that has been said so far.  I voted for Firework, since that is really the song that transformed her career into what it is now.  And, as others have said, it's an inspirational song that has helped a lot of people, and it has potential to be played for 4th of July.  Uptempo inspirational songs seem to be what Katy does best, and Firework being a perfect example of that.

I didn't include E.T. or Dark Horse in the poll, since even though they are both huge hits and both great songs, they aren't really typical of the type of song Katy is best known for.

I'm surprised that nobody at all has picked Teenage Dream.  It is the title track of the album that she'll likely be best known for.  And, for most people, it was the first somewhat serious song of hers that they heard, as well as the first to really show off the beauty of her voice.  I know that One of the Boys has other songs that fit those criteria, including the single Thinking of You, but I had never heard any of them (not even Thinking of You) at the time that I first heard Teenage Dream, and I suspect that is true of most people.

Offline Squeeniex27

• Makes Cupcakes Cry
  • The light has come
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2014, 06:30:47 PM »
I personally think it will be I Kissed A Girl because it is such a bold song and incredibly catchy! One of a kind.
Prism: let the light in

Offline wowitsjoey

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2014, 10:43:06 PM »

I'm surprised that nobody at all has picked Teenage Dream.  It is the title track of the album that she'll likely be best known for.  And, for most people, it was the first somewhat serious song of hers that they heard, as well as the first to really show off the beauty of her voice.  I know that One of the Boys has other songs that fit those criteria, including the single Thinking of You, but I had never heard any of them (not even Thinking of You) at the time that I first heard Teenage Dream, and I suspect that is true of most people.

I never actually voted, but I did mention Teenage Dream. I think there's plenty of songs that Katy will be remember for from OOTB era, they just won't be that one song everyone knows. I mean a ton of people know Ur So Gay, I mean it was a viral song.

Offline Legend-waitforit-daryLove

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • The prismatic way of life :-)
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2014, 10:55:38 PM »
I agree with everything that has been said so far.  I voted for Firework, since that is really the song that transformed her career into what it is now.  And, as others have said, it's an inspirational song that has helped a lot of people, and it has potential to be played for 4th of July.  Uptempo inspirational songs seem to be what Katy does best, and Firework being a perfect example of that.

I didn't include E.T. or Dark Horse in the poll, since even though they are both huge hits and both great songs, they aren't really typical of the type of song Katy is best known for.

Teenage Dream seems so far away from me to say it's the song to remember in my opinion. It is probably, however, Katy's best love song to date and it must have done two things en route to its No. 1 charting:

1. Catch on to many ears and get people singing
2. Hit so many hearts and make weddings, relationships that much better

So my take on TD is that it's up there since it's a catchy love song, but there are better songs to remember Katy for ;)

Offline ravenkatycat

• Purry-licious!
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2014, 04:47:16 PM »
I think if you asked the general public I Kissed A Girl, Firework, and Roar would be the most popular answers. Even though I'm a KatyCat, if you asked me to name 3 Katy Perry songs at the top of my head I'd probably think of those.

Offline Iced Diamonds

• Wannabe Stalker
  • I love angel eggs
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2014, 08:00:14 PM »
I had always thought it would have been I Kissed a Girl because that caused a lot of controversy and I thought we'd still be hearing about the good and the bad from IKAG for years to come, but now days when people talk about Katy they call her the Firework singer :P But she's never going to be defined just by one song. :)
♥ 7th May, Auckland, NZ - The most magical night ever - I MET KATY ♥♥♥!! I ♥ you KPF!
Katycat #2407

Offline cathou02

• Melting Popsicle
  • One man's trash is another girl's treasure
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2014, 08:24:09 PM »
California Gurls, Hot N' Cold and Teenage Dream are in my opinion the songs that are the most loved and knowed from her (but sadly, not the best ones)

7/2/11, Montreal, Best day of my life <3
Proud KatyCat #585

Offline Lellow

• Out to Lunch
  • Mark my words
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2014, 02:04:56 AM »
Definitly Firework or IKAG...

Offline RaulKP

• Kissed a Girl - And Liked It!
  • KatyCat since 2008 and proud #blessed
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2014, 03:30:56 AM »
California Gurls, I Kissed A Girl and Firework are her most legendary songs.

Offline Unstoppable

• Dressing Up
  • She's so soft 0_0
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2014, 03:42:14 AM »
It is hard to pick just one because she is far from the one hit wonder everyone though she would be when IKAG came out. 

I think she will be remembered most for IKAG, Firework and Roar. 
California Dreams Tour ~ Manchester 31/10/11
#KP3D Premiere ~ London 03/07/12
The Prismatic World Tour ~ Birmingham 13/05/14, Lyon 20/02/15
Thank you Katy.  I'll try my best to let the light in ▽ ♥

@lizzietothet on Twitter and Facebook :hellokaty:

Offline cherry_chapstick

• Reading Hemingway
  • All of your charms have worked on me
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2014, 06:23:23 AM »
The first song that came to mind when I read the title was Firework... I'm not even sure why. I just think it was really the anthem of the TD era. But I actually voted for IKAG, simply because I think it's the song that people would instantly think of if they were asked "what Katy Perry sings". I know in a lot of articles I quite often see "the I Kissed A Girl singer...".  That was her breakthrough song. Everyone knew her name when that song came out.
~ Nicole/24/Australia ~

PWT - November 21, 2014 :firework:
PWT - December 13, 2014

Offline KatyKat2016

• Reading Hemingway
  • Bring out the big balloons
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2014, 02:41:18 PM »
All of her songs are unforgettable in my opinion, but Firework will most likely be the one song no one will ever forget. I mean Firework is just such an influential song in society in my opinion. It's been used in numerous movies, played during many events, and is just very well known.

Offline steviep24

• Fierce
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2014, 04:31:44 PM »
Firework is definitely her signature song so yeah. :)
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Offline DianiniKat

• Falling From Cloud 9
  • One of the boys!
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2014, 06:12:51 PM »
I think Firework, Hot N Cold and IKAG are the most popular  :katycat4:
♥ Katy Perry ♥
I will love you UNCONDITIONALLY
17*10*2014

Offline TheMouse

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2014, 07:12:45 PM »
I voted for that song not released yet, because I believe the very best is still to come, and not even very soon but in a long while from now.

Me and my new ADMIRA from Spain are gonna be one damn firework.
I love her unconditionally.

:firework: :frolickingghost: :firework:

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant