Author Topic: What song do you think Katy will ultimately be best remembered for?  (Read 1239 times)

Offline mitsguy2001

• Makes U Spark A Firework
  • Katycat
Many years from now, what song do you think Katy will be best remembered for?  I listed a few possibilities above.  Keep in mind that it's not necessarily her current biggest hit, and it's not necessarily the song that you (or anyone) likes best.

My guess is Firework.  It is her favorite song from the album she'll most likely be remembered for, so that means she will almost certainly include it in all future concerts.  It was probably her biggest hit.  It is non-controversial, and almost everybody likes it.  And it has the potential to be played at 4th of July fireworks shows many years from now.

I'm curious to hear what everyone thinks, and why.  If you think it will be a song that I didn't list, feel free to post it here.

Offline flapfkp

• Little Voyeur
  • It is all so simple, just deal with it
Re: What song do you think Katy will ultimately be best remembered for?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 08:34:09 PM »
Most definitely Firework. It's the song that turned her into a role model. Before, she was known for kissing girls and fun, Cali songs. After, she became an influential figure. My 2 cents.

07/02/14 Sunrise, FL
08/17/14 St. Louis, MO
10/10/14 Houston, TX
10/11/14 Houston, TX

Katycat # 133136
@FLApfkp

Offline cottoncandycloud9

• Ripest Apple
  • After a hurricane, comes a rainbow
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 08:52:00 PM »
yup I would have to say firework. even my friends who don't really like Katy they all say "except for firework"
it's just a beautiful song, and I think it really means something to everyone who hears it. Everyone can relate to it whether it be at their current age or at least at some point in their lives. Songs with important meanings and feel good messages seem to always be memorable. Plus fireworks are fun, and that probably has something to do with it, too  ;) :firework:

Offline katypfan1999

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • **LET THE LIGHT IN!**
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 09:02:14 PM »
I said I Kissed a Girl. I definitely had to think of this one. I put myself in the shoes of a non fan and I asked myself "When I think of Katy Perry, what song do I think of?" and I automatically thought I Kissed a Girl. Not her best song, but I just had to think of what non fans think of when they hear her name. I was definitely caught at a crossroads with the Firework and IKAG, but I ultimately decided IKAG because that's what made her big and famous. I don't necessarily think it's her best, because if I had to choose the one with the most meaning, I'd without a doubt choose Firework. But I'm thinking when they hear her name, what do you think of, and I think most people would say "Oh she's the one that sang I Kissed a Girl" but I can definitely understand why everyone but me  :lol: chose Firework, because if I could choose two, it'd be Firework as well as I Kissed a Girl. Buut another song I think people will definitely remember her for is Roar. But not as much as the song that pretty much created her stardom. But I love hearing what and why others think what they do, and I can completely understand. Also this is a really good poll  :lol: I should've thought of that. I love making polls/topics on this site, in fact, I made one right here about a video I'd like to make with you guys: http://katyperryforum.com/index.php?topic=16404.msg754481#new

Offline katycat4life1

• I'm CrayCray. Just thought I would let u know :P
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 07:26:51 AM »
Katycats would personally have a different choice, but in terms of the world probably either I Kissed a Girl or Firework. Probably a little bit more like "oh she was the California Gurl that Kissed a Girl and sung Firework, Last Friday Night, right?" lol

Proud Katycat #52620

Offline katrieberkatycat

• Katy makes my heart happy.
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 07:33:48 AM »
I think I kissed a girl, purely because when I'm speaking about katy to people that don't really know her, that's the song that most people mention!
My bf + his family didn't really know about Katy beyond IKAG or hot n' cold until they met me! So I guess that's what I'm basing my answer off of. lol.
26/10/11 CDT + got on stage
17/10/13 Met the lady herself!
20/05/14, 21/05/14, 28/05/14, 30/05/14 Prismatic world tour

Twitter http://twitter.com/katrieber

Offline Legend-waitforit-daryLove

• The prismatic way of life :-)
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 10:46:32 AM »
They say you never forget your first, so I have to agree with everyone saying I Kissed A Girl.

Just the way she splashed on to scene with a song that turned heads the way IKAG did really sparked Katy to who she is today, even if that song is only a fraction of her personality.

I think Roar is a pretty close second. Although it's not even been one year since we met the song/single, I highly believe in its lasting impressions, both past and future. The verdict is still out on that so we'll see, I guess.

Offline ikatycat_

• Lost Control
  • Be yourself and you can be anything ♥
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 11:13:53 AM »
hmm... i think if somebody were asked what was her first song or like hit the would for sure say IKAG but prob firework just because it was such an inspiration 

Offline DillNewt24

• Makes U Spark A Firework
  • Be Proud of Who You Are!
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2014, 09:10:16 PM »
I would have to say Firework because it's a song that everyone can relate to, it's inspirational message about self empowerment really makes it one of her most memorable and popular songs in my opinion. Roar would be a close second because it also has a strong message too.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 09:12:41 PM by DillNewt24 »

Twitter: @DillNewt

Offline hellokatyperry

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2014, 10:38:42 PM »
I would have to say Firework because it's a song that everyone can relate to, it's inspirational message about self empowerment really makes it one of her most memorable and popular songs in my opinion. Roar would be a close second because it also has a strong message too.
Same!  :xx:

Offline wowitsjoey

• Makes Cupcakes Cry
  • Katycat
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2014, 11:09:44 PM »
I think we have three different songs that are potentials that are potential songs she'll be remembered for similar to what other famous artists are remembered for in phases(Ex: MJ is remembered for his Jackson 5 songs like "I want you back", Thriller, Billie Jean, and Beat it. I think Katy will be remembered for the following:

1. I Kissed A Girl - It's Katy's break through song and everyone from different genres loves this song, and it's always memorable.

2. Firework -  It's a song with great meaning and everyone remembers this song.

3. California Girls - It's Katy's signature "Candy" look which cemented her status as the candy queen. This will be remembered simply because of the video, similar to why Thriller has been remembered.

Some other notable mentions are Teenage Dream, Roar, and Dark Horse because they're very iconic for her and everyone seems to love Teenage Dream. However, I don't think they're enough to be for her to be remembered for.

Offline AilenBones

• Futuristic Lover
  • I can feel a phoenix inside of me.
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2014, 10:54:16 PM »
I'm between Firework and Roar...

09/27/11 - I met my idol, my fuckin' inspiration. Love you, Katheryn ♥.

Offline katypfan1999

• **LET THE LIGHT IN!**
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2014, 11:48:59 PM »
Trust in Me. Obviously.

Offline Carmenxox

• I can see the writing on the wall
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2014, 08:14:28 AM »
As a long standing fan I'd like to say I Kissed a Girl but Katy is just exploding in pop day by day so it's really hard to say. As most of you say, Firework has been incredibly influential. I think there are definitely more songs like Firework to come.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 08:16:17 AM by Carmenxox »

Proud Katycat #5998

Offline CiaraCandyCat

• A Dead Battery
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2014, 09:25:52 AM »
Unless she releases an even bigger anthem in the future, I'd say Firework.
Apparently Firework enters the charts every single July 4th since its release! It's linked to a holiday/event, it's inspirational, it's great to dance to AND work out to so I'd say it will be that.  :)

Nov 7th 2011 - #DublinDreams
May 7th 2014 - Belfast #PrismaticWorldTour
Twitter: @lollipocalypse_
Tumblr: bogey-lowenstein.tumblr.com