Author Topic: UK to LA alone for the shows 19th & 20th September 2014 - fan meet up?  (Read 920 times)

Offline BUSAPAR3

• Wannabe
  • Katycat
Katy Fans,
I am travelling from Liverpool UK to LA for the two shows in LA at the STAPLES centre.
I have tickets the shows already from livenation.

Can anyone tell me any hotel close that are good to stay at?

Also is there a fan meet etc?

Help!

Praying for a meet and greet to be announced.

Please help

Andy

Liverpool, England

Offline SmackUTwice

• 2nd Degree Stalker
  • You Did It BAYBEE!
Get at me on Twitter --  @SmackUTwice. Working on planning some things. And actually have sum1 else coming from the UK staying with us. :) Have you been to LA before? We can talk more later. There's going to be a bunch of ppl in LA! It'll be great! I'm from Canada!

Offline SantaBarbaraKitty

• Makes U Spark A Firework
I'll be there for both shows and would love to meet up with everyone going.  LA Live has a Marriott and a Ritz Carlton right on the premises that are literally feet from the Staples Center!

Offline Carmenxox

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • I can see the writing on the wall
Wish I was in your shoes. Would love to travel to LA and see Katy.

Tell us all about it when you're back :)

Proud Katycat #5998

Offline SmackUTwice

• 2nd Degree Stalker
  • You Did It BAYBEE!
I'll be there for both shows and would love to meet up with everyone going.  LA Live has a Marriott and a Ritz Carlton right on the premises that are literally feet from the Staples Center!

I got so excited with this info but after I checked... holy money trees! LOL I settled for something a little less pricey.

Where's a good place to stay in SB? Seems to be pretty pricey in the area I'd like to be in (East Beach-ish)...

I got so excited with this info but after I checked... holy money trees! LOL I settled for something a little less pricey.

Where's a good place to stay in SB? Seems to be pretty pricey in the area I'd like to be in (East Beach-ish)...

Hotels in SB are even more expensive than the nicest LA ones simply because it's considered a "resort/getaway town" and they know they can get away with it.  Bacara and Four Seasons are my favorites but those are probably out of the question price-wise, so I would recommend Hyatt, Harbor View Inn, or the Fess Parker.  I've heard the Chesire Cat Inn is super cute as well!  :)

Offline SmackUTwice

• 2nd Degree Stalker
  • You Did It BAYBEE!

Hotels in SB are even more expensive than the nicest LA ones simply because it's considered a "resort/getaway town" and they know they can get away with it.  Bacara and Four Seasons are my favorites but those are probably out of the question price-wise, so I would recommend Hyatt, Harbor View Inn, or the Fess Parker.  I've heard the Chesire Cat Inn is super cute as well!  :)
Thanks! I'll have to look around. I've used the hostel by myself and then with another person. It was fine. lol But we have 3 ppl this time and I think a hotel would be better. Plus we have the ppl to lessen the weight of the $. Oh, how I wish I was rich, HEHEHEHE!

Thanks again! Youve been very sweet and helpful!

Thanks! I'll have to look around. I've used the hostel by myself and then with another person. It was fine. lol But we have 3 ppl this time and I think a hotel would be better. Plus we have the ppl to lessen the weight of the $. Oh, how I wish I was rich, HEHEHEHE!

Thanks again! Youve been very sweet and helpful!

I'm always under the impression when I travel that it's better to spend a little more money to be safer, but honestly it's SB so hostels would be perfectly fine there!

Offline BUSAPAR3

• Wannabe
  • Katycat
Thank you so much, include me in anything as I want the full Katy experience with the USA fans.

So excited.

I have replied on twitter. My username is: @BUSAPAR3

Thank you again

Andrew
Liverpool, England

Offline katrieberkatycat

• Katy makes my heart happy.
I'd love it if there was a meet up, I'm travelling from the UK for the two LA shows also! (And then going to Disney World for a week afterwards  ;))
26/10/11 CDT + got on stage
17/10/13 Met the lady herself!
20/05/14, 21/05/14, 28/05/14, 30/05/14 Prismatic world tour

Twitter http://twitter.com/katrieber

I'd love it if there was a meet up, I'm travelling from the UK for the two LA shows also! (And then going to Disney World for a week afterwards  ;))

How fun!!
We'll definitely plan a meet-up closer to showtime!

:frolickingghost:

Offline katrieberkatycat

• Katy makes my heart happy.

How fun!!
We'll definitely plan a meet-up closer to showtime!

:frolickingghost:

I'm extremely excited! I've only seen Katy in my own country :)
And yay, it'll be great to meet lots of Katycats!  :flowerpower:
26/10/11 CDT + got on stage
17/10/13 Met the lady herself!
20/05/14, 21/05/14, 28/05/14, 30/05/14 Prismatic world tour

Twitter http://twitter.com/katrieber

Offline srbuhi

• Wannabe
PWT LOS ANGELES
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2014, 01:41:52 AM »
Who is attending a show in LA and where are you sitting? :)

Offline EchoActive

• Wannabe
  • Katycat
Re: PWT LOS ANGELES
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2014, 05:57:36 PM »

I'll be at the September 20th show in the Reflection Section. I don't think I could be anymore excited and it's still more than two months away!
10/23/13 - We Can Survive - Hollywood Bowl (Hollywood, CA)
9/16/14 - Prismatic World Tour - Honda Center (Anaheim, CA)
9/17/14 - Prismatic World Tour - Honda Center (Anaheim, CA)
9/19/14 - Prismatic World Tour - Staples Center (Los Angeles, CA)
9/20/14 - Prismatic World Tour - Staples Center (Los Angeles, CA)

Offline SmackUTwice

• 2nd Degree Stalker
  • You Did It BAYBEE!

I'll be at the September 20th show in the Reflection Section. I don't think I could be anymore excited and it's still more than two months away!
YAY! Howwww did u get tickets to that one? Thats the one so many Katycats didnt get RS for. :( That was a rough day! Wah! lol