Author Topic: Can I go between my seats on Floor and the PIT?  (Read 309 times)

Offline nkoch03

• Wannabe
  • Katycat
Can I go between my seats on Floor and the PIT?
« on: June 26, 2014, 06:51:42 PM »
I have tickets to both the floor (Section 1) and the GA Pit.  It's me and my 8 year old niece.

For those who have been to the concert, can we get back and forth between our seats and the Pit?  Does it make sense to do this or would "loosing" our spot it the Pit make it difficult to go sit down for a while and then go back to the Pit.

If this doesn't make sense and the Pit is very crowded for an 8 year old, then I will give them to some other friends. 

Are they wrist bands for the PIT area?

From the floor seats - can one stand up near the stage too?

Thank you for any help or suggestions.

Offline flapfkp

• Little Voyeur
  • It is all so simple, just deal with it
Re: Can I go between my seats on Floor and the PIT?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 07:56:49 PM »
I'm not sure if you have to be 16 to be in the pit or if you can be under 16 with an adult, but either way, I highly recommend you do NOT take an 8 year old into the pit. People can be crazy in there, and it's unsafe for a young child.

07/02/14 Sunrise, FL
08/17/14 St. Louis, MO

Katycat # 133136
@flapfkp

Offline cottoncandycloud9

• Dressing Up
  • After a hurricane, comes a rainbow
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 08:16:02 PM »
someone who went to the DC show posted that there were a ton of kids in the pit so I don't think there is an age restriction, however, that also might depend on your venue.
Yes there are wristbands, it really depends on the night if its crowded or not, a lot of what I'm seeing so far in the US, mind you there's only been a few shows, is that they are slightly packed. I feel like the pit is designed to be a little roomier so that people don't get hurt, but if you have people in there that get crazy, there isn't anything you can really do about it. Again, perhaps you can check with your venue closer to your date.

There is a barrier between the stage and the floor seating, but it doesn't appear to be a HUGE one, but I don't think you can touch the stage from there. There are security guards who basically make sure you stay in your seat (my friend kept trying to get up there but they wouldn't let her)

Offline LOVEagain29

• Wannabe
  • Katycat
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 12:40:22 AM »
There is a barrier between the stage and the floor seating, but it doesn't appear to be a HUGE one, but I don't think you can touch the stage from there. There are security guards who basically make sure you stay in your seat (my friend kept trying to get up there but they wouldn't let her)

Are you serious? So people who have the floor seats have to sit throughout the show?... (I was planning to get floor seats for the first show in Philly, then enjoy the reflection section for the second show).

Offline flapfkp

• Little Voyeur
  • It is all so simple, just deal with it
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 12:54:35 AM »

Are you serious? So people who have the floor seats have to sit throughout the show?... (I was planning to get floor seats for the first show in Philly, then enjoy the reflection section for the second show).

Not literally in your seat, they just don't want you trying to get on the stage. You can definitely stand in your spot or walk around, just not on the stage obviously.

07/02/14 Sunrise, FL
08/17/14 St. Louis, MO

Katycat # 133136
@flapfkp

Offline LOVEagain29

• Wannabe
  • Katycat
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 12:57:42 AM »

Not literally in your seat, they just don't want you trying to get on the stage. You can definitely stand in your spot or walk around, just not on the stage obviously.

Oh I see. I still don't like hat there are assign seat (I prefer the floors to be GA as well).

Offline nkoch03

• Wannabe
  • Katycat
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2014, 09:24:11 AM »
How high up off the floor is the stage?  4 feet?

Offline chismism

• Falling From Cloud 9
  • "Like A Lightning Bolt, Your Heart Will Glow!"
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2014, 05:11:45 PM »
How high up off the floor is the stage?  4 feet?

I haven't seen the PWT yet, but most stages are about a little below eye level to me and I'm 6'4". So I'd say somewhere between 4.5 and 5.5 feet-ish. 

I echo flapfkp's sentiments though, standing in a GA pit for 4 hours is hard enough on an adult. When you're a kid, it's 10X worse because you are tilting your head back the whole show. Maybe you can trade/sell your tickets for floor seats? Good luck!
"Be kind whenever possible; As it is always possible." --Dalai Lama

Offline stpetekatycat

• Got a Bloody Knee
  • Flowers in her hair, she don't care.
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2014, 08:36:05 AM »
Well maybe I'm confused on how it all went down, but the people with assigned seats in the very front didn't sit in them. They just stood up against the railing.

I love Katy Perry and I raise ducks. :')

Offline cottoncandycloud9

• Dressing Up
  • After a hurricane, comes a rainbow
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2014, 09:00:53 AM »
Well maybe I'm confused on how it all went down, but the people with assigned seats in the very front didn't sit in them. They just stood up against the railing.

right, but you can't go from that seating area into the RS. like you can't go back and forth. you don't have to sit in your seat the entire time obviously ;)

Offline LOVEagain29

• Wannabe
  • Katycat
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2014, 03:34:05 PM »
Does anyone have a picture of how does the floor setting (like how does it look it). Another question, if I have floor 3, row 2, and seat 10, then can I move closer to the stage or I can only move around in my area? How are the view for the floor seats? Should I buy a floor seat that is on the side or buy a floor seat for the tip of the stage?

Hope you guys can help me out  :)