Author Topic: Katy's demands  (Read 467 times)

Offline katypfan1999

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • **LET THE LIGHT IN!**
Katy's demands
« on: June 25, 2014, 05:39:13 PM »
I read this article and it states that Katy demands that her staff is not allowed to talk to her. Is this true? I don't believe it! It's not like her at ALL, but either way I love her. It also states that she have a server clean and cut up her fruits and vegetables (big deal) and that she demands custom-made French lamps (weird, but again, big deal) Does anyone know if these are true, because the whole staff not talking to her seems a little far fetched and not like her. Hmm.

Here's the article for those who haven't read it: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/24/celebrity-tour-riders-2014_n_5525627.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Offline chismism

• Out to Lunch
  • "Like A Lightning Bolt, Your Heart Will Glow!"
Re: Katy's demands
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 07:11:38 PM »
A good life lesson is not to believe everything you read/hear online.  While I suppose some parts are true (don't we all wash our fruit/veggies prior to use -- the rider legally makes sure it's been done before appearing on a plate), I don't think it's that intense.
"Be kind whenever possible; As it is always possible." --Dalai Lama

Offline katypfan1999

• **LET THE LIGHT IN!**
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 07:20:32 PM »
Yeah, no I don't believe everything I hear on the Internet. Katy said herself not to, so I won't. Besides, the whole staff and Katy thing makes no sense to me, seeing Katy is so kind and loving.

Offline stpetekatycat

• Got a Bloody Knee
  • Flowers in her hair, she don't care.
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 08:20:54 PM »
When I read the fruit and veggies thing, I thought about the part in the movie where she talks about all the junk food she's eaten in the past few days.  :rofl: I don't know how much is worth believing.

But honestly? Even if it is true, who cares? If that's the worst that she does, compared to all the good in the world, that's really not a big deal. Maybe she had a problem with a staff member before, who knows. It's not like there aren't people who would want to take advantage of their close proximity to her.

I love Katy Perry and I raise ducks. :')

Offline Conalae

• 1st Degree Stalker
  • #FireworkBoobs
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 08:26:10 PM »
The musician doesn't write their own riders, they just say some things they want included, and everything mentioned in Katy's is pretty standard. Clean food for her and her staff (Oh no! How crazy!), make sure that the furnishing SHE PROVIDES is placed in her dressing room, the venues staff shouldn't ask her for an autograph because that's unprofessional and would distract her from preparing for the show, etc.

Imagine she went to a venue and every couple minutes someone from the burger van came along and knocked on her door to ask for a photograph? Ridiculous. (It's probably written into the staff contract anyway, but it's best for her to restate it regardless).

The show would be a train wreck if the tour rider didn't state exactly what is required of the venue to do to prepare for the show. It contains all the technical and logistical details of running a smooth show from the moment of Katy's arrival to her departure.

Katy was asked about this when her California Dreams Tour rider leaked and it stated that fresh flowers were to be provided, but absolutely NO Carnations, and I'm pretty sure she laughed it off and said something like "You'll have to ask my sister what her problem with Carnations is, I like them, she's the one who wrote the rider".
'The Moral of the story is that if you're gonna party hard in Vegas, don't be a pussy.'

Offline TheMouse

• Know it all
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 09:54:05 PM »
The musician doesn't write their own riders, they just say some things they want included, and everything mentioned in Katy's is pretty standard. Clean food for her and her staff (Oh no! How crazy!), make sure that the furnishing SHE PROVIDES is placed in her dressing room, the venues staff shouldn't ask her for an autograph because that's unprofessional and would distract her from preparing for the show, etc.

Imagine she went to a venue and every couple minutes someone from the burger van came along and knocked on her door to ask for a photograph? Ridiculous. (It's probably written into the staff contract anyway, but it's best for her to restate it regardless).

The show would be a train wreck if the tour rider didn't state exactly what is required of the venue to do to prepare for the show. It contains all the technical and logistical details of running a smooth show from the moment of Katy's arrival to her departure.

Katy was asked about this when her California Dreams Tour rider leaked and it stated that fresh flowers were to be provided, but absolutely NO Carnations, and I'm pretty sure she laughed it off and said something like "You'll have to ask my sister what her problem with Carnations is, I like them, she's the one who wrote the rider".
This, everything!  :hehe: It isn't about her staff not talking to her but the staff of the venue, which is a big difference. That whole article is a bad joke. I didn't click on it here because I remember it well. Yes, Katy will pay for her lamp shades and rugs, not capital records, lol, and fresh fruit was already required at the time when she stayed in a hotel with John, and it's all no big deal.
- When Katy's bass guitarist took my present for Katy backstage from the RS I was so surprised because I didn't even really believe that was an option when I asked - and when he had emailed me the pic he took of him and me together I later realised he must have done that minutes before the show started - and I was even more surprised, and thanked him in my reply for finding the time to do that even at such a moment  - but it shows those people are not aliens, they are in fact without all the VIP attitudes and only ask for what's necessary, and for what Katy simply needs to keep her sanity on a tour like this.

Me and my new ADMIRA from Spain are gonna be one damn firework.
I love her unconditionally.

:firework: :frolickingghost: :firework:

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline AilenBones

• Futuristic Lover
  • I can feel a phoenix inside of me.
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 10:41:59 PM »
I don't believe in anything that didn't come out of Katy's mouth. Some magazine writers are really bastards.

09/27/11 - I met my idol, my fuckin' inspiration. Love you, Katheryn ♥.

Offline katycat4life1

• I'm CrayCray. Just thought I would let u know :P
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 03:15:55 AM »
Media always release weird stories about what celebs "demand" and they are always really crazy and always changing.

Proud Katycat #52620

Offline KatyKat2016

• Reading Hemingway
  • Bring out the big balloons
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2014, 11:47:46 AM »
Media just likes causing controversy, screw them lol

Offline DillNewt24

• Makes U Spark A Firework
  • Be Proud of Who You Are!
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2014, 12:28:17 PM »
Yeah the media really likes to exaggerate stories, so I don't even bother reading those kinds of stories because usually it's not the truth.

Twitter: @DillNewt

Offline oranges

• Little Voyeur
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2014, 12:39:04 AM »
Articles like this annoy me to no end. Oh heaven forbid she asks for fresh cut fruit and a chair with her name on it. This has got to be one of the tamest riders I've ever seen leaked.

I love how almost every single comment on the original article (http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/05/katy-perry-rider-revealed-diva-fruit-veggies-wine/) agrees and basically points out how stupid this non story is.

Offline katypfan1999

• **LET THE LIGHT IN!**
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2014, 01:11:27 AM »
Articles like this annoy me to no end. Oh heaven forbid she asks for fresh cut fruit and a chair with her name on it. This has got to be one of the tamest riders I've ever seen leaked.

I love how almost every single comment on the original article (http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/05/katy-perry-rider-revealed-diva-fruit-veggies-wine/) agrees and basically points out how stupid this non story is.
Haha  :rofl: I read it, the article and comments. It's so stupid, she can be as "diva" as she wants, but I forgot asking for fresh fruit was diva-ish, or asking for a chair with your name on it was diva-ish, or asking your staff to- instead of talking to her and asking for autographs when she should be getting ready to perform to a huge, live audience- do their jobs. Wow. What a diva.

Offline Squeeniex27

• Makes Cupcakes Cry
  • The light has come
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2014, 07:51:41 PM »
Definitely fake considering she is best friends with some of the people she works with. Total BS. I'm not saying she is perfect all the time, but she is a caring woman.
Prism: let the light in

Offline katycat4life1

• I'm CrayCray. Just thought I would let u know :P
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2014, 08:36:46 AM »
Definitely fake considering she is best friends with some of the people she works with. Total BS. I'm not saying she is perfect all the time, but she is a caring woman.

Exactly, just look at that woman in your sig.

Proud Katycat #52620

Offline katypfan1999

• **LET THE LIGHT IN!**
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2014, 09:09:50 AM »

Exactly, just look at that woman in your sig.
I know. She wouldn't hurt a fly  :lol: