Author Topic: Make it like your Birthday - US Registration?  (Read 690 times)

Offline sunnystarzx

• Is Ready
  • Still Breakin' in the New Shoes.
Make it like your Birthday - US Registration?
« on: June 25, 2014, 10:35:21 AM »
Hey guys,

I found a thread for this for the UK but not the US. I was just wondering if anyone knew how it was working in the US, apparently you register on arrival but not sure on how the winner is picked and what not. Can anyone shed some light pleeeeeeeease? :)

KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.

Offline chismism

• Out to Lunch
  • "Like A Lightning Bolt, Your Heart Will Glow!"
Re: Make it like your Birthday - US Registration?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 07:21:01 PM »
It may be too early to know their method to their madness.  I know you sign up at a booth at each venue, but I wonder if there's a certain age limit due to security/safety? Does the winnner walk out onto the stage from the crowd or from backstage? Where were the winner's seats?  etc..

Maybe a new topic should start with details of the winners from each night of the tour?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 07:22:38 PM by chismism »
"Be kind whenever possible; As it is always possible." --Dalai Lama

Offline Conalae

• 1st Degree Stalker
  • #FireworkBoobs
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 07:44:00 PM »
I don't get how this works, to me it looked like her dancers just dived into the crowd and pulled out a random person. Do they make the winner stand in a certain location or something?
'The Moral of the story is that if you're gonna party hard in Vegas, don't be a pussy.'

Offline stpetekatycat

• Got a Bloody Knee
  • Flowers in her hair, she don't care.
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 08:15:31 PM »
I also wonder if your birthday should be one week or two weeks within the day. I've heard both.

I love Katy Perry and I raise ducks. :')

Offline SmackUTwice

• 2nd Degree Stalker
  • You Did It BAYBEE!
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 08:31:16 PM »
What I know at this point in the game...

Ladies go around the venue wearing tshirts that say "is it your bday?"

They will take your photo, get your seat info... (and I hope they ask for proof it IS ur bday week).

If you win, they will come to you and have you come with them up to the left side, outside of RS -- in that barrier area shortly before "your time.".

the dancers/katy pretend to "look for some random person," but again, its all planned, lol.

You go with the dancers onstage (there r stairs)... do ur thang thang and get directed off the same way as you went on.. and I assume... return to your designated seat. :)

Offline Conalae

• 1st Degree Stalker
  • #FireworkBoobs
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 08:37:01 PM »

They will take your photo, get your seat info... (and I hope they ask for proof it IS ur bday week).

If you win, they will come to you and have you come with them up to the left side, outside of RS -- in that barrier area shortly before "your time.".

the dancers/katy pretend to "look for some random person," but again, its all planned, lol.

You go with the dancers onstage (there r stairs)... do ur thang thang and get directed off the same way as you went on.. and I assume... return to your designated seat. :)

How did it work in the UK when there was GA Standing tickets though? That makes sense when it's seated, but at mine they jumped into the Standing area then popped out a couple seconds later. Like, it was the guys Birthday a couple days beforehand so they got the right person, but it was weird how they found him so fast in the crowd.

Maybe he wasn't Standing and they had found him earlier in the night, idk, but was weird. I'm about 90% sure I saw him climb over the barrier from the Standing area though.
'The Moral of the story is that if you're gonna party hard in Vegas, don't be a pussy.'

Offline cottoncandycloud9

• Ripest Apple
  • After a hurricane, comes a rainbow
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 09:13:14 PM »

so....how do you know if you win though? Like they will just come up to you during an intermission or something?

Offline SmackUTwice

• 2nd Degree Stalker
  • You Did It BAYBEE!
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2014, 10:02:58 PM »

How did it work in the UK when there was GA Standing tickets though? That makes sense when it's seated, but at mine they jumped into the Standing area then popped out a couple seconds later. Like, it was the guys Birthday a couple days beforehand so they got the right person, but it was weird how they found him so fast in the crowd.

Maybe he wasn't Standing and they had found him earlier in the night, idk, but was weird. I'm about 90% sure I saw him climb over the barrier from the Standing area though.

It was through the website form, then narrowed down and pre-picked prior to the show. I believe the winner was told to meet at a certain spot at a certain time, meeting the same person they spoke to earlier, and then the rest flows...

so....how do you know if you win though? Like they will just come up to you during an intermission or something?

Just before they need you to be down at the "meeting area"... you go with them when they come get you... what song is before Birthday? California Gurls/TD? I dont even remember now, oops, flop fan. But ya... they come to you with just enough time to get to "your spot."
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 10:05:19 PM by SmackUTwice »

• Ripest Apple
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2014, 10:15:24 PM »

It was through the website form, then narrowed down and pre-picked prior to the show. I believe the winner was told to meet at a certain spot at a certain time, meeting the same person they spoke to earlier, and then the rest flows...

Just before they need you to be down at the "meeting area"... you go with them when they come get you... what song is before Birthday? California Gurls/TD? I dont even remember now, oops, flop fan. But ya... they come to you with just enough time to get to "your spot."

ok that makes sense. wow I hope I get picked!  :twitch: :strawberry:

Offline chismism

• Out to Lunch
  • "Like A Lightning Bolt, Your Heart Will Glow!"
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2014, 10:22:23 PM »

Great info thx! I just hope the winner either books it back to their seat before Firework :firework:, or at least gets to watch nearby!
"Be kind whenever possible; As it is always possible." --Dalai Lama

Offline Eduardo_KatyCat

• Got a Bloody Knee
  • Katycat, I love katy, I'm from Mexico 27 years old
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2014, 12:54:09 AM »

Epic! i was about to start for this info and bam! Tara strikes again with all the knowledge! thanks! =D

if i get picked i'm gonna freak out lol, 4 shows are on my birthday week! i hope i don't miss the ladies with the "it's your bday?" shirt! LOL

CDT: Mexico 5-Sep-2011, LA 22 & 23-Nov-2011
iHeartRadio Prism Album Release Party: LA 22-Oct-2013
We Can Survive Concert: LA 23-Oct-2013
PWT: LA 19 & 20-Sep-2014, Mexico 14,15 & 17-Oct-2014,

Offline Solan

• Shake the Glitter!
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2014, 02:46:26 PM »

So the girls come when you are queueing? Thanks ;)

• Ripest Apple
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2014, 09:13:23 PM »
it's covergirl who asks if its your birthday, the person who wins is considered the "instaglam winner" still trying to find more....

« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 09:18:37 PM by cottoncandycloud9 »

Offline peterbrabel

• Know it all
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2014, 01:30:25 PM »
Here's a news article that has more details on this:

http://www.gastongazette.com/spotlight/local-woman-s-birthday-present-shared-stage-with-katy-perry-1.337810

“We were looking for the birthday booth and couldn’t find it,” Whitfield said. “Nobody knew what we were talking about.” Finally, they spotted a woman wearing a shirt that said, “Is it your birthday?” They stopped her, and Whitfield gave the woman her name and seat number. The woman took a picture of her.

While the opening band was singing, a different woman walked up to Whitfield’s seat with a message: “You have won the contest.” At first, Whitfield didn’t believe her, but the woman asked Whitfield to come with her to the stage.

“She told me what to do, and they gave me a birthday hat that Katy Perry had signed,” Whitfield said. “I thought there was probably going to be several people going on stage. It wasn’t until I got down there that she told me I was the only one.” While one of the dancers pulled her on stage, she was told to smile and wave. Someone briefly explained that she would sit in a chair, get strapped in and go up. “It happened so fast that I didn’t have time to get nervous,” Whitfield said.

Offline stpetekatycat

• Got a Bloody Knee
  • Flowers in her hair, she don't care.
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2014, 02:19:23 AM »
So then the cutoff is one week or two?

I love Katy Perry and I raise ducks. :')