Author Topic: Katy's singing  (Read 162 times)

Offline katypfan1999

• Makes U Spark A Firework
  • **LET THE LIGHT IN!**
Katy's singing
« on: June 09, 2014, 02:27:39 AM »
I LOVE Katy and her voice immensely, but I feel that Katy can sound off on some of her performances I've seen. has anyone else noticed this? because im freaking out and for some reason im telling myself that I can't be a Katycat cause of this!

Offline TheMouse

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
Re: Katy's singing
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 08:18:47 AM »
Probably you might be referring to some live TV appearances in the past.
Singing off key is damn hard when you know the tune, but I'm not impressed with Katy's number of off key notes because I've outdone her many times over with mine.
If you watch a pile of live performance videos by other top and most acclaimed pop singers (insert any names you can think of) you'll notice exactly the same. Don't worry, in some situations, like one off TV slots etc, it's normal.

The day my friend told me that I'm '...a natural blues singer...' (August 12th 2014) Why can't every day be like that? 

IthinkIwouldcommitsuicideanytimeifitsavedkaty'slifebecauseI'velivedmineandtheworldneedshermore

:firework: :frolickingghost: :firework: :frolickingghost: :firework:

Offline KatysWeirdness

• Kissed a Girl - And Liked It!
  • Minnie
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 01:19:03 PM »
Her voice gives me life tbh, specially acoustic performances like omg

Offline katypfan1999

• **LET THE LIGHT IN!**
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 03:11:53 AM »
Probably you might be referring to some live TV appearances in the past.
Singing off key is damn hard when you know the tune, but I'm not impressed with Katy's number of off key notes because I've outdone her many times over with mine.
If you watch a pile of live performance videos by other top and most acclaimed pop singers (insert any names you can think of) you'll notice exactly the same. Don't worry, in some situations, like one off TV slots etc, it's normal.
Yeah those are pretty much the only times I hear her sound "off". I'm just really getting anxiety about this, because I know her voice is amazing. I know that, it's a fact. But when I hear an off performance, like on X Factor or something (never on tour) I tell myself that I shouldn't be a fan of her if I think that. And it's stupid but I actually freak out over that because she really means a lot to me  :'( And nothing's helped; telling myself she's great, listening to good performances, nothing. No matter what, I think "Ooh well she's had some bad performances" and sometimes I just wanna scream. In the end I know I love her, it's just really hard seeing all those comments on her videos saying "talentless bitch" and other BS like that.

Online katykicksass

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • Once a KatyCat, Always a KatyCat
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 06:14:44 AM »
Avoid the comments.
06/30/2011 Toronto @ Air Canada Centre
07/18/2014 Toronto @ Air Canada Centre
07/21/2014 Toronto @ Air Canada Centre

Offline TheMouse

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 07:22:25 AM »
Oh, if you mean those YouTube comments, they're just troll things or from people who think they know a lot but don't. Katy doesn't read them, but again if you do then look at some of other artists' videos comments and you'll often find the same. You don't need to beat yourself up about noticing that the BBC Big Weekend was better than the most recent X Factor guest appearance, we all notice it, but knowing the same which you know about Katy nobody cares. I see things from a different angle, having a bit of singing onstage experience even if in simpler environments, I get an idea that the overproduced but badly set up TV slots are almost designed for having things go wrong. I've taken to the perhaps arrogant but at least helpful view that bad comments from people who are not performers don't count  :lol: . You just mustn't try to think of her as somebody superhuman and then see a fault with yourself - enjoy being a KatyCat instead, and adoring her amazing life and world of music and song!  :)

The day my friend told me that I'm '...a natural blues singer...' (August 12th 2014) Why can't every day be like that? 

IthinkIwouldcommitsuicideanytimeifitsavedkaty'slifebecauseI'velivedmineandtheworldneedshermore

:firework: :frolickingghost: :firework: :frolickingghost: :firework:

Offline katypfan1999

• **LET THE LIGHT IN!**
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2014, 01:37:32 PM »
Oh, if you mean those YouTube comments, they're just troll things or from people who think they know a lot but don't. Katy doesn't read them, but again if you do then look at some of other artists' videos comments and you'll often find the same. You don't need to beat yourself up about noticing that the BBC Big Weekend was better than the most recent X Factor guest appearance, we all notice it, but knowing the same which you know about Katy nobody cares. I see things from a different angle, having a bit of singing onstage experience even if in simpler environments, I get an idea that the overproduced but badly set up TV slots are almost designed for having things go wrong. I've taken to the perhaps arrogant but at least helpful view that bad comments from people who are not performers don't count  :lol: . You just mustn't try to think of her as somebody superhuman and then see a fault with yourself - enjoy being a KatyCat instead, and adoring her amazing life and world of music and song!  :)
Thanks man  :) You've always been here since really the beginning for me. When I first joined the forum exactly 10 days ago (note that I've been a Katycat for almost a year, I just never really thought about this forum :P) you were, I believe, one of, if not the first one that commented on one of my posts, and almost every post since then. I'm not special seeing you post on every thread, but you seem wise about things. Maybe it's cause you're older? Haha I don't know, but everything you say has a "wise" feel to it. But anyway, thanks. You really helped me there. I mean, I knew I was never gonna give up being a Katycat, but I guess I just needed that extra push to help me stay. Thanks a lot :)

Offline hellokatyperry

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2014, 08:51:22 PM »
I love Katy's voice live, she always strives to improve, I have many of their live on my computer :D