Author Topic: Need help to convince someone  (Read 140 times)

Offline katypfan1999

• Makes U Spark A Firework
  • **Trying to let the light in**
Need help to convince someone
« on: June 05, 2014, 01:15:08 PM »
Okay, so I commented on a Youtube video (about Katy) how I loved Katy's voice, and someone replied "Really? Please tell me how she is in the least bit talented" Now, I need help to prove to this guy that he's wrong. I can provide him with info on how she started singing when she was young, and how she can write and play guitar, and I can provide him with amazing performances, but I'm afraid that won't be enough to convince him, and I don't know what else to put.

Offline TheMouse

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
Re: Need help to convince someone
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 03:23:27 PM »
You forgot at least that Katy also plays the piano. ;)
But if you ever look at comments on pop singers generally on YouTube videos a bit more often you will discover that they, and also Katy's, have got millions of those like the one you mention. It isn't a matter of convincing people, only a matter of stating your facts to them, then ignoring them - because you're not responsible for what they think, or are ignorant of.

The day my friend (left) told me that I'm '...a natural blues singer...' August 12th 2014

:firework: :frolickingghost: :firework: :frolickingghost: :firework:

Offline katykicksass

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • Once a KatyCat, Always a KatyCat
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 03:28:39 PM »
Don't bother convincing anyone on youtube. They're trolls who have nothing better to do.
06/30/2011 Toronto @ Air Canada Centre
07/18/2014 Toronto @ Air Canada Centre
07/21/2014 Toronto @ Air Canada Centre

Offline katypfan1999

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 03:35:03 PM »
But if you ever look at comments on pop singers generally on YouTube videos a bit more often you will discover that they, and also Katy's, have got millions of those like the one you mention. It isn't a matter of convincing people, only a matter of stating your facts to them, then ignoring them - because you're not responsible for what they think, or are ignorant of.
So what facts should I state to him? Should I send him more performances of her or just state the facts and leave?

Offline katypfan1999

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 03:36:25 PM »
Don't bother convincing anyone on youtube. They're trolls who have nothing better to do.
ughhh but I already said that I could convince him by today! If I don't he'll think that even I don't have a reason to think she's talented (and believe me, I absolutely do)  :'(

Offline TheMouse

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 04:05:25 PM »
So what facts should I state to him? Should I send him more performances of her or just state the facts and leave?
I meant that in a more general way, and thought you had already done that.

The day my friend (left) told me that I'm '...a natural blues singer...' August 12th 2014

:firework: :frolickingghost: :firework: :frolickingghost: :firework:

Offline KISStroyer/Katytroyer

• Ignites the Light
  • Producer of the Katy Perry Fan Podcast
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 04:12:57 PM »
ughhh but I already said that I could convince him by today! If I don't he'll think that even I don't have a reason to think she's talented (and believe me, I absolutely do)  :'(

It's someone on youtube, a site famously known for being home to (insert not very nice words that I'll be nice and not say this time) idiots. People on youtube make the dumbest freaking posts and say shit just to get someone going and upset. Who cares what that person thinks? If they want proof there is a lot of videos of her singing live and playing instruments.  Haters gonna hate.

KISS: 12/5/09; 9/17/10; 8/3/12; 8/31/14
Katy: 10/10/14; 10/11/14 <3
The Pretty Reckless: 9/28/14 (M&G)
Katy Perry Fan Podcast
Twitter

Offline katypfan1999

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2014, 04:29:35 PM »
I think he might've forgotten. He hasn't said anything yet, and I haven't replied to him, so he's probably on some other musician's performance criticizing and belittling the people who support them. Oh well.