Author Topic: Was it just me or was the O2 crowd on the 30th.....  (Read 705 times)

Offline Haynesey

• Wannabe
  • KatyTomcat
Re: Was it just me or was the O2 crowd on the 30th.....
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2014, 06:20:37 PM »
Its very simple. The O2 with its many sellouts shows she is very popular there. I believe the subdued response you spoke of will follow her on this tour. The solution is very simple...blow up the setlist, cut a wack of new cd stuff, and give the fans alot more of what they want...hits !!
I can only think that you're being controversial for the sake if it because what you've said here is absolute bollocks in my opinion.
I think even the most casual observer will agree that prism is her strongest album.blow up the set list??you're nuts,and I believe you do everyone here a disservice by saying that all we want is the old stuff.
I doubt you've even seen the actual show,because it was,by a country mile, the best show I have ever seen, and I've been to a lot of shows.its had stellar reviews by even the most jaded of musical hacks.you have to be the most miserable bastard on earth not to enjoy it ???
You're opinion is so far out of wack with everyone else I guess you must be trolling,so I will feed you no more :frolickingghost:

Offline CastlesCrumbling

• Wannabe w. more posts
  • Katycat
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2014, 12:32:59 PM »
Let me tell ya,

I've heard artists say that crowds in cities like London, New York and LA can be among the quietest and least appreciative because these cities are such big musical hubs and everyone always brings their shows to those cities, which means that they've seen all the big shows, so the crowds often go to shows with their arms folded like 'we've seen it all, come on, give us what you've got'. They're not as easy to impress.

Also, there's a thing in the UK where they say the further north you go, the better the crowds are. And big concerts don't get any further south than London.

Yeah, I don't think it was anything to do with Katy, but more the location. I normally avoid London for concerts for that very reason, they're always still? (can't think of a better word). The crowds are a lot more fun in other places, and I don't mean in an annoying way, but in a general "we're here to have a good time, listen to good music, and dance". I saw Sara Bareilles in London, and she said "They said London crowds don't sing", so even international artists are warned about London crowds beforehand. Not saying London crowds are bad, but they're not my favourite.

Offline TheMouse

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2014, 11:48:47 AM »
It's not that much surprising actually. I mean, english and northern europe crowds are usually very quite from what I've seen compared to southern europe such as Italy, Spain, and the best in my opinion, Portugal  :dreamboat: Too bad she won't go to Portugal this time (I still hope she'll a date there later).

I can say that the RS on the 31st was very, very quite, and even people around me in GS. Katy deserves better than this. People shoud sing their heart out instead of recording and taking pictures
A German comedian said it like this: There was a time when he saw his success of an evening by the applause he got. Now he counts how many phones there are in the air.

:) She gave me my guitar back...
She gave me my voice back...

...and I have opened one that leads me to the perfect road :firework:

...what more could I want? :frolickingghost: :frolickingghost: :frolickingghost:

Offline TheMouse

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2014, 11:58:21 AM »
Its very simple. The O2 with its many sellouts shows she is very popular there. I believe the subdued response you spoke of will follow her on this tour. The solution is very simple...blow up the setlist, cut a wack of new cd stuff, and give the fans alot more of what they want...hits !!
I can only think that you're being controversial for the sake if it because what you've said here is absolute bollocks in my opinion.
I think even the most casual observer will agree that prism is her strongest album.blow up the set list??you're nuts,and I believe you do everyone here a disservice by saying that all we want is the old stuff.
I doubt you've even seen the actual show,because it was,by a country mile, the best show I have ever seen, and I've been to a lot of shows.its had stellar reviews by even the most jaded of musical hacks.you have to be the most miserable bastard on earth not to enjoy it ???
You're opinion is so far out of wack with everyone else I guess you must be trolling,so I will feed you no more :frolickingghost:
In the unlikely event of that person actually believing that his request through twitter led to the change of a set list drawn up between Katy and other educated experts on a multimillion business, let him live in his bliss.
I agree, it's hardly likely the opinion of somebody who has even been to the show at all, and about a subdued reception of Katy's show which would 'follow her' I would be able to tell after six evenings if there was one.

:) She gave me my guitar back...
She gave me my voice back...

...and I have opened one that leads me to the perfect road :firework:

...what more could I want? :frolickingghost: :frolickingghost: :frolickingghost:

Offline acott8

• Wesley Willis
  • No Regrets, Just Love
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2014, 01:15:07 PM »
I was at a few of the LDN dates... 31st was by far the best! Was the last night of tour of UK though... :)
Birmingham, Manchester 09  .... Nottingham, Birmingham, London, Birmingham, Nottingham 2011, STB 2012....
Nottingham, Birmingham, Birmingham, Manchester, London, London, London 2014
 :) 5573 :)
@acott8

"you're a genie in a bottle"
Perry wore the dress i sent her to the LA preview at The Grove on the 13 June :)

Offline cdparky

• Wannabe w. more posts
  • Katycat
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2014, 11:55:49 AM »
London crowds can be mixed, mostly find them to be ok. Sure it isn't like a Spanish or Italian crowd and can at times be a little too reserved (when it comes to pop shows anyway - go see the likes of Kasabian and a whole different ball game) but mostly will respond to a good show. Compared to other places I've been in the UK (Brighton, Bournemouth, Birmingham, Cardiff, Glasgow or an utter morgue at a show in Cambridge a couple of weeks back) London is absolutely rocking.

Perception of an audience is all driven by who is directly around you. To my mind the first night was tepid (probably lots of industry / guests in), the other nights all seemed quote buoyant. All 4 however had a better crowd than either show in Birmingham (for my money).
Hello Katy 2009 - Shepherds Bush June 9, Birmingham August 25
California Dreams Tour 2011 - Hammersmith March 17 / 18 / 19, London O2 October 14 / 15
Prismatic Tour 2014 - Birmingham May 13 / 14, London O2 Mar 27 / 28 / 30 / 31, 2015 - Barcelona Feb 16, Amsterdam Mar 9, Berlin Mar 13, Stockholm Mar 22