Author Topic: Was it just me or was the O2 crowd on the 30th.....  (Read 1116 times)

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • don't be basic
Re: Was it just me or was the O2 crowd on the 30th.....
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2014, 12:23:45 PM »
Let me tell ya,

I've heard artists say that crowds in cities like London, New York and LA can be among the quietest and least appreciative because these cities are such big musical hubs and everyone always brings their shows to those cities, which means that they've seen all the big shows, so the crowds often go to shows with their arms folded like 'we've seen it all, come on, give us what you've got'. They're not as easy to impress.

Also, there's a thing in the UK where they say the further north you go, the better the crowds are. And big concerts don't get any further south than London.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 12:27:16 PM by OneOfKatysBoys »

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline SharonRKat

• Shake the Glitter!
  • Katycat
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2014, 12:35:25 PM »
Was at 31st show as well think alot more had travelled that night from futher away i had a blast!!

Was defo a good few who had far to much to drink!  :eyes:  :firework:
♡ Katy touched my hand (Belfast) Dancers Leah & Scott touched my hand (London)
☆Belfast 8th of May 2014
☆London 31st May 2014
☆Barcelona 16th Feb 2014

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• don't be basic
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2014, 12:37:56 PM »
Who gets smashed at a Katy Perry concert :lol:

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan

Offline TheMouse

• Know it all
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2014, 01:19:13 PM »
On the 27th icona pop got a better response then Katy did it was awful, maybe everyone was tired but idk tbh, just made me sad :(
I was in the O2 on the 30th only, my other 5 dates were up north - okay, please don't think I doubt your words as such, it's only hard for me to imagine it was that bad after attending 6 shows altogether. Do you mean 'response' just when coming onstage, or really throughout the show?
Icona Pop did get a great feedback every time because they're party animals, and one of the best choices for an opening act just to get the crowd going. After all, that's what they're supposed to do, and some of the opening acts which are to follow in the USA may actually struggle a bit more then they do, no matter how good they are in their own genre.
I bought their album long ago and was always one of the first to scream and jump being carried away - that did not in the least diminish my energy for Katy and her team later though.
I was in general standing that time (30th), more at the back not far from the mixing table because for my last show I really wanted to have space to move and dance. I was next to a lot of people who danced as well. On that date I was only vocally much quieter because during my other dates I had developed an inflammation on my vocal chords through which I had almost lost my voice a few days before. I just omitted most of the screams and saved things up to sing those few songs which I've done on open mic nights and still can belt out, inflammation or not. The crowd around seemed enthusiastic to me, only once when one section was finished and the stage went dark I didn't quite hear the deafening noise I expected but more of an 'appreciative applause' instead. But generally I didn't notice the crowd being really quiet that night, and I wonder is it possible you might just have been to a really mad date in comparison to which your O2 one just seemed that bad?

❤ Kitty Purry is my favorite cat ❤

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline Haynesey

• Wannabe
  • KatyTomcat
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2014, 01:25:13 PM »
Let me tell ya,

I've heard artists say that crowds in cities like London, New York and LA can be among the quietest and least appreciative because these cities are such big musical hubs and everyone always brings their shows to those cities, which means that they've seen all the big shows, so the crowds often go to shows with their arms folded like 'we've seen it all, come on, give us what you've got'. They're not as easy to impress.

Also, there's a thing in the UK where they say the further north you go, the better the crowds are. And big concerts don't get any further south than London.
There's probably a fair degree of truth in this

Offline sunnystarzx

• Is Ready
  • Still Breakin' in the New Shoes.
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2014, 03:16:22 AM »
On the 27th icona pop got a better response then Katy did it was awful, maybe everyone was tired but idk tbh, just made me sad :(
I was in the O2 on the 30th only, my other 5 dates were up north - okay, please don't think I doubt your words as such, it's only hard for me to imagine it was that bad after attending 6 shows altogether. Do you mean 'response' just when coming onstage, or really throughout the show?
Icona Pop did get a great feedback every time because they're party animals, and one of the best choices for an opening act just to get the crowd going. After all, that's what they're supposed to do, and some of the opening acts which are to follow in the USA may actually struggle a bit more then they do, no matter how good they are in their own genre.
I bought their album long ago and was always one of the first to scream and jump being carried away - that did not in the least diminish my energy for Katy and her team later though.
I was in general standing that time (30th), more at the back not far from the mixing table because for my last show I really wanted to have space to move and dance. I was next to a lot of people who danced as well. On that date I was only vocally much quieter because during my other dates I had developed an inflammation on my vocal chords through which I had almost lost my voice a few days before. I just omitted most of the screams and saved things up to sing those few songs which I've done on open mic nights and still can belt out, inflammation or not. The crowd around seemed enthusiastic to me, only once when one section was finished and the stage went dark I didn't quite hear the deafening noise I expected but more of an 'appreciative applause' instead. But generally I didn't notice the crowd being really quiet that night, and I wonder is it possible you might just have been to a really mad date in comparison to which your O2 one just seemed that bad?

I mean that the audience were more pumped then icona pop then they were Katy. I went to two O2 dates and have always done the London shows, with the exception of Birmingham at CDT, and the 28th was a hell of a lot better then the 27th
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.

bobbyboy

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2014, 07:44:24 AM »
Its very simple. The O2 with its many sellouts shows she is very popular there. I believe the subdued response you spoke of will follow her on this tour. The solution is very simple...blow up the setlist, cut a wack of new cd stuff, and give the fans alot more of what they want...hits !!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 07:50:19 AM by bobbyboy »

bobbyboy

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2014, 02:00:04 PM »
Hi   OneofKatesBoys
After being bullied online today, and called hurtful names by Olivia, for simply stating an opinion, I am shocked this thread was not locked as my toronto thread was when you dared to post that the O2 crowd was somewhat sudbued. Anyhow even though most on the site seem to think the reported 20 song setlist ,which was being reported prior to todays report of a mind blowing 28 song list in Israel, does that mean they will admit that 8 extra songs is even better ???
If so they might owe me a thank you for hammering her on her twitter site to improve the show

Offline Olivia

• Calendar Bitch
  • Is Ready
  • http://yoppappop.blogspot.fr/
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2014, 02:08:35 PM »
Hi   OneofKatesBoys
After being bullied online today, and called hurtful names by Olivia, for simply stating an opinion, I am shocked this thread was not locked as my toronto thread was when you dared to post that the O2 crowd was somewhat sudbued. Anyhow even though most on the site seem to think the reported 20 song setlist ,which was being reported prior to todays report of a mind blowing 28 song list in Israel, does that mean they will admit that 8 extra songs is even better ???
If so they might owe me a thank you for hammering her on her twitter site to improve the show

I didn't call you nameS, i called you a troll.
Katy didn't do a show in Israel today, it is absolutely NOWHERE on the internet to be found and that should be an indication that the seltlist you cite is BS : it's absolutely impossible to run through this setlist (28 songs ?!) in a 2 hour-long show, which is what you pay for when you buy the tickets. You don't even post that setlist yourself, you just say it's somewhere out there.
The mods will take care of you : either you're a real person with good intentions but bad introduction, and in this case, i'm sorry for calling you a troll (but you have posted so far only things that would get you that call, and seriously, your 1st posts on this forum are those ?!?!), either you're a troll and you'll be out of this forum anytime soon.

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• don't be basic
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2014, 02:14:44 PM »
??!!! Why am I suddenly involved in this?? What am I supposed to have done ???!!

@contraduncan

bobbyboy

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2014, 02:47:53 PM »
Olivia please stop breaking your own rules.
YOU ARE bullying me for expressing a viewpoint
Your board is sending me unkind email
You are accusing me of lying
I ask for a personal apology after googling ..katy perry setlist FM.
It clearly shows a 28 song setlist performed today in Isreal and identifies the facilty.
OLIVIA.. you can lock my threads, you can delete my posts, you can ban me.
That does not mean you can conduct a site which strips all rights of expression and bullys by calling hurtful names. Internet laws clearly stand by this and i suggest it is your intrests to abide by such

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• don't be basic
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2014, 02:49:33 PM »
I don't normally talk to people on here like this but for god's sake shut up.

@contraduncan

Offline Olivia

• Calendar Bitch
  • Is Ready
  • http://yoppappop.blogspot.fr/
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2014, 02:56:02 PM »
Olivia please stop breaking your own rules.
YOU ARE bullying me for expressing a viewpoint
Your board is sending me unkind email
You are accusing me of lying
I ask for a personal apology after googling ..katy perry setlist FM.
It clearly shows a 28 song setlist performed today in Isreal and identifies the facilty.
OLIVIA.. you can lock my threads, you can delete my posts, you can ban me.
That does not mean you can conduct a site which strips all rights of expression and bullys by calling hurtful names. Internet laws clearly stand by this and i suggest it is your intrests to abide by such

:hehe: ... i'm not doing all these things, cause i honestly have no power to do that on this forum. So maybe someone else (the actual moderators of the forum) think alike ? I don't know...
Oh, and i did find the setlist. I was saying there no other mention of this supposed show in Israel AT ALL. Hence the BS.
But i am not discussing that further, you will be taken care of (and no, not by me ;) ).

Offline Like A Feather

• Wannabe
  • Mom's home
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2014, 03:08:59 PM »
It's not that much surprising actually. I mean, english and northern europe crowds are usually very quite from what I've seen compared to southern europe such as Italy, Spain, and the best in my opinion, Portugal  :dreamboat: Too bad she won't go to Portugal this time (I still hope she'll a date there later).

I can say that the RS on the 31st was very, very quite, and even people around me in GS. Katy deserves better than this. People shoud sing their heart out instead of recording and taking pictures
Wherever you go, so will I

Offline Haynesey

• Wannabe
  • KatyTomcat
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2014, 06:09:25 PM »
It's not that much surprising actually. I mean, english and northern europe crowds are usually very quite from what I've seen compared to southern europe such as Italy, Spain, and the best in my opinion, Portugal  :dreamboat: Too bad she won't go to Portugal this time (I still hope she'll a date there later).

I can say that the RS on the 31st was very, very quite, and even people around me in GS. Katy deserves better than this. People shoud sing their heart out instead of recording and taking pictures
This :thumbzup: