Author Topic: Was it just me or was the O2 crowd on the 30th.....  (Read 729 times)

Offline Haynesey

• Wannabe
  • KatyTomcat
Was it just me or was the O2 crowd on the 30th.....
« on: June 02, 2014, 05:48:45 AM »
....a little bit quiet?

From where we were in the RS, I just felt that the reception was a little muted at times, especially considering the show was simply the best I have ever seen!

I have honestly never seen anything quite like that; it was absolutely brilliant in every single way, and I truly felt that the dancers, musicians, production crew and The Lady herself deserved so much more back from the audience than what they got. I felt a bit disappointed for them ???

Does anyone who was there that night agree, or does your opinion differ?

Offline sunnystarzx

• Not What I Planned
  • Still Breakin' in the New Shoes.
Re: Was it just me or was the O2 crowd on the 30th.....
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 06:02:08 AM »
I wasn't at this show but it was a little the same on the 27th, wasn't amazing crowd. Where as the 28th was amazing :)
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.

Offline Haynesey

• Wannabe
  • KatyTomcat
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 06:18:53 AM »
Sounds like the 28th was the night to go then :)

I was thinking maybe part of the problem is that a lot of people seem content to watch the show through their phones these days, and fiddling with camera settings, rather than remembering to actually watch the show and enjoy it.....

Offline Conalae

• 1st Degree Stalker
  • #FireworkBoobs
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 07:00:25 AM »
The crowd seems to have been muted at quite a lot of the dates tbh. Everyone seems to be more focused on recording the show than actually enjoying themselves whilst they're there.

The Big Weekend crowd was a thousand million times better than my actual Prismatic Date. Maybe because they knew it was being recorded for TV so didn't feel the need to record it themselves?
'The Moral of the story is that if you're gonna party hard in Vegas, don't be a pussy.'

Offline Haynesey

• Wannabe
  • KatyTomcat
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 07:46:28 AM »
The crowd seems to have been muted at quite a lot of the dates tbh. Everyone seems to be more focused on recording the show than actually enjoying themselves whilst they're there.

The Big Weekend crowd was a thousand million times better than my actual Prismatic Date. Maybe because they knew it was being recorded for TV so didn't feel the need to record it themselves?

An even bigger reason to be a bit disappointed for Katy and her crew; she got a more enthusiastic reception from what, strictly speaking, wasn't her crowd.Shame :'(

Offline sparkleattack

• Likes to Twerk-a-Lot
  • ~sparkle face~
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 08:05:40 AM »
On the 31st the crowd was loud and fun. Sadly a lot of drunks too :s Major downside of an English crowd.
2014 - May 31st - Prismatic World Tour - London o2 Arena
2015 - March 9th - Prismatic World Tour - Amsterdam Ziggo Dome

Offline Haynesey

• Wannabe
  • KatyTomcat
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 08:10:41 AM »
On the 31st the crowd was loud and fun. Sadly a lot of drunks too :s Major downside of an English crowd.

agreed; there were three lads in the RS that were well oiled......maybe that was it; too much booze :)

Offline Haynesey

• Wannabe
  • KatyTomcat
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2014, 08:12:43 AM »
Don't get me wrong; the reception wasn't bad. It was simply a bit more reserved than the performance actually deserved in my opinion; appreciative and polite than absolutely ecstatic, which is the least she deserved.

That was my first time at a KP show and I was simply blown away by the whole thing  :firework: :frolickingghost: :)

Offline sunnystarzx

• Not What I Planned
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2014, 08:46:28 AM »
On the 27th icona pop got a better response then Katy did it was awful, maybe everyone was tired but idk tbh, just made me sad :(
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.

Offline Haynesey

• Wannabe
  • KatyTomcat
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2014, 08:55:41 AM »
On the 27th icona pop got a better response then Katy did it was awful, maybe everyone was tired but idk tbh, just made me sad :(

really??That is poor :'( What on earth was the matter with everyone?? :grr:

Certainly on the 30th the general reception sounds a great deal better than the 27th, but still......beggars belief.Tired, drunk or whatever,she wont be back for at least three years at the best estimate.Should have made the most of her, and it sounds like a lot of people in attendance didn't.

I felt that it was an absolute privilege to be there to experience that show,but there's no accounting for the jaded demeanor of a London crowd :'(

Offline sunnystarzx

• Not What I Planned
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2014, 09:00:12 AM »
The 28th was by far better then the 27th :)
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.

Offline Haynesey

• Wannabe
  • KatyTomcat
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2014, 09:18:29 AM »

:thumbzup:
I still loved every minute of it;I won't let it soil the memories, and my little daughter was awe-struck - pure gold :)

Great photos on your sig btw; I'm supremely jealous :)

Offline sunnystarzx

• Not What I Planned
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2014, 09:32:01 AM »

:thumbzup:
I still loved every minute of it;I won't let it soil the memories, and my little daughter was awe-struck - pure gold :)

Great photos on your sig btw; I'm supremely jealous :)

Bless!! Glad you had fun!! Aww thank you :)
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.

Offline MrFancypants569

• Ur Words Flow Like Honey
  • I am a Katy Perry DIE-HARD fan! Love her to bits!
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2014, 09:38:56 AM »
I was there on the 28th having travelled from Ireland and I must say the English crowd don't have a patch on the crowd that attend concerts in Dublin.

I felt it was a bit quiet for such a big arena/show. I felt the CDT in Dublin got a better reception that the 28th got. BUT saying that people really got into it when Katy played Dark Horse & after that noone really sat down.

I was so amazed by the show tho! I had an amazing time & Katy really was feeling the crowd on the 28th. :)

Monday March 28th 2011 = California Dreams Tour Dublin!! <- BEST NIGHT EVER!! xx

Offline Haynesey

• Wannabe
  • KatyTomcat
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2014, 10:16:26 AM »
I was there on the 28th having travelled from Ireland and I must say the English crowd don't have a patch on the crowd that attend concerts in Dublin.

I felt it was a bit quiet for such a big arena/show. I felt the CDT in Dublin got a better reception that the 28th got. BUT saying that people really got into it when Katy played Dark Horse & after that noone really sat down.

I was so amazed by the show tho! I had an amazing time & Katy really was feeling the crowd on the 28th. :)

Maybe most of us are simply too reserved to "lose our shit" in front of other people  :)
Now really wishing we'd gone on the 28th :)