Author Topic: Claire's Has A Contest To See Katy Live! Open To US & Canada  (Read 3738 times)

Offline oliviaeden

• Falling From Cloud 9
  • & you'll learn that you can still go on
Re: Claire's Has A Contest To See Katy Live! Open To US & Canada
« Reply #90 on: July 19, 2014, 01:36:44 AM »
What is your name on Instagram? :)
Sorry I haven't been on the forum in a few weeks- I've been on vacation in Europe and had no wifi but I just got a comment on instagram saying I'm a potential winner  :o I literally can't breathe I feel like I'm gonna puke I'm so excited!!  :firework:

What an exciting homecoming present!  Congrats!  For what show?

Thank you so much!! I've been like crying and screaming all day hahahaha. The September 20th show in LA!!  :pinkbow:

My personal instagram isn't the same as the one I used for the contest entries. The one I used for the contest entries is @katyslegend but I made it private because so many people are hating on me for winning because I only posted 50 times instead of 18k like the other entrants. People are saying it isn't fair, or it's rigged, or it doesn't make sense how I won, or I'm not as big as a fan because I only posted 50 times. Like sorry I was in foreign countries the past 3 weeks and that I didn't have the time to post 20k selfies..?? I feel so so bad and it has always ALWAYS been my biggest dream to meet Katy but if being hated on is what I get for winning the contest then I kinda feel like I don't want to attend the m&g.. I'm such a people pleaser and it's hard seeing people so angry at me and not being able to do anything about it!

Also, congrats for winning! I saw you won too! Have a great time!!  :pinkbow:

♡ katycat since the beginning ♡
♥ met katy 9•20•14 at los angeles pwt ♥
♡ just started a katycat twitter: @katyslegend ♡
♥ "of course, honey." ♥

Offline robotindisguise87

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
« Reply #91 on: July 19, 2014, 03:58:47 AM »
Sorry I haven't been on the forum in a few weeks- I've been on vacation in Europe and had no wifi but I just got a comment on instagram saying I'm a potential winner  :o I literally can't breathe I feel like I'm gonna puke I'm so excited!!  :firework:

Thank you so much!! I've been like crying and screaming all day hahahaha. The September 20th show in LA!!  :pinkbow:

My personal instagram isn't the same as the one I used for the contest entries. The one I used for the contest entries is @katyslegend but I made it private because so many people are hating on me for winning because I only posted 50 times instead of 18k like the other entrants. People are saying it isn't fair, or it's rigged, or it doesn't make sense how I won, or I'm not as big as a fan because I only posted 50 times. Like sorry I was in foreign countries the past 3 weeks and that I didn't have the time to post 20k selfies..?? I feel so so bad and it has always ALWAYS been my biggest dream to meet Katy but if being hated on is what I get for winning the contest then I kinda feel like I don't want to attend the m&g.. I'm such a people pleaser and it's hard seeing people so angry at me and not being able to do anything about it!

Sorry that people have been rude to you :(

Don't let it stop you from going and having a great time though, haters gonna hate. They can continue to seethe and be hateful, cos they'll never have the same opportunities with that attitude!  ;)
Melbourne CDT - 28/4/11
Sydney KP3D Premiere -30/6/12
Sydney Sunrise Concert - 29/10/13
Belfast PWT - 7/05/14
Belfast PWT - 8/05/14
Perth PWT - 7/11/14
Perth PWT - 8/11/14
Melbourne PWT - 18/11/14

Offline cherry_chapstick

• U think you're a Genius!
  • All of your charms have worked on me
« Reply #92 on: July 19, 2014, 04:12:33 AM »

That's just bullshit. (Excuse my language!!) But go and meet the queen and SAVOUR every single second of it. YOU won and YOU are deserving. The people hating on you are just peeved and spiteful that they didn't win themselves, little soul suckers! Don't go into the meet and greet thinking of all the negative, just enjoy it!!! :frolickingghost:
~ Nicole/24/Australia ~

PWT - November 21, 2014 :firework:
PWT - December 13, 2014

Offline NomadsGirl4ever

• Know it all
  • Do it ALL again...
« Reply #93 on: July 19, 2014, 07:44:09 AM »
Well I don't feel that way, so can I please add your real account on Instagram? Congrats on winning!!! So excited for you!  :firework:

By the grace of God... I finally met Katy!  :firework:

Offline oliviaeden

• Falling From Cloud 9
« Reply #94 on: July 19, 2014, 01:35:54 PM »

That's just bullshit. (Excuse my language!!) But go and meet the queen and SAVOUR every single second of it. YOU won and YOU are deserving. The people hating on you are just peeved and spiteful that they didn't win themselves, little soul suckers! Don't go into the meet and greet thinking of all the negative, just enjoy it!!! :frolickingghost:

After all these months I STILL don't know how to quote multiple people at one time, lol. But thank you robotindisguise87 & cherry_chapstick for sticking up for me. I have such a hard time sticking  up for myself and I always give in to other people and I seriously need to work on that! But you're right, they're just sore losers and I was given the privilege to go meet Katy and not them, so I will go and have a great time.

That sounded super bossy and sassy but I gotta stand up to the haters.  :lol:

♥ "of course, honey." ♥

Offline oliviaeden

• Falling From Cloud 9
« Reply #95 on: July 19, 2014, 01:39:18 PM »
Well I don't feel that way, so can I please add your real account on Instagram? Congrats on winning!!! So excited for you!  :firework:

Thank you so SO much.. I'm so excited too! & excited for you as well  :) thank you for not thinking like those people. My personal Instagram is @oliviaaeden (yes w/ 2 a's) but it's my personal so it has nothing to do with Katy, unfortunately.

♥ "of course, honey." ♥

Offline SmackUTwice

• Can Belch the Alphabet
  • You Did It BAYBEE!
« Reply #96 on: July 19, 2014, 07:28:40 PM »
Uhm. what. Who is hating on you??? I just might tell them where to go and how to get there! LOL Geez.

Congrats on winning. ;) What show?

Offline oliviaeden

• Falling From Cloud 9
« Reply #97 on: July 19, 2014, 07:52:47 PM »
Uhm. what. Who is hating on you??? I just might tell them where to go and how to get there! LOL Geez.

HAHAHAHA omfg I am laughing so hard  :rofl: thank you!! Yeah now this one chick is accusing Claire's of being racist because "all the LA winners are coincidentally white" .... Like okay?? Lmao. The September 20th show in LA!! I have VIP RS as well so I'm like double excited!  :firework:

♥ "of course, honey." ♥

Offline SmackUTwice

• Can Belch the Alphabet
  • You Did It BAYBEE!
« Reply #98 on: July 19, 2014, 09:22:25 PM »

HAHAHAHA omfg I am laughing so hard  :rofl: thank you!! Yeah now this one chick is accusing Claire's of being racist because "all the LA winners are coincidentally white" .... Like okay?? Lmao. The September 20th show in LA!! I have VIP RS as well so I'm like double excited!  :firework:

Ooooooo, I was going for that one too!!! Jealousy is a wicked evil that brings out horrible things in usually very nice ppl. :( Thankfully, even tho I'm bummed, I understand... I get it. And I always try really hard to see the good things and positive things! So, truly, happy for you! Katy is a beautiful gem and everyone that genuinely wants to meet her... should!

I got regular Reflection Section, so I'll probably see you!!!!! Maybe meet up b4 the show... do you live around LA?? I'm coming in from Canada and staying a while. I loves LA, hehehe!

Offline oliviaeden

• Falling From Cloud 9
« Reply #99 on: July 19, 2014, 10:10:32 PM »

Ooooooo, I was going for that one too!!! Jealousy is a wicked evil that brings out horrible things in usually very nice ppl. :( Thankfully, even tho I'm bummed, I understand... I get it. And I always try really hard to see the good things and positive things! So, truly, happy for you! Katy is a beautiful gem and everyone that genuinely wants to meet her... should!

I got regular Reflection Section, so I'll probably see you!!!!! Maybe meet up b4 the show... do you live around LA?? I'm coming in from Canada and staying a while. I loves LA, hehehe!

You're right, it's so unfortunate what jealousy does to people sometimes!!  Thank you for being happy for me, it means a lot because everyone else is hating me for it, lol. I'm sorry that you didn't win :( I'll be sure to post lots of pics and stuff :) I am so excited, I have so much to tell her and ask her! Have you ever met her? I'm kinda nervous actually haha. I've waited 6 years and it's finally happening!! & yessss I would love to do that! I was born in canada and I used to live there as well. I live in Phoenix, Arizona but I go on road trips to LA all the time because it's only like a 5 hour drive. I love LA as well, I want to live there so bad! I go there so much I can practically navigate the city already, lol.

♥ "of course, honey." ♥

Offline katrieberkatycat

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • Katy makes my heart happy.
« Reply #100 on: July 20, 2014, 08:36:12 AM »

People shouldn't hate on you, really you won fair and square. I hope you have a great time at the M+G!  :thumbzup:
26/10/11 CDT + got on stage
17/10/13 Met the lady herself!
20/05/14, 21/05/14, 28/05/14, 30/05/14 Prismatic world tour

Twitter http://twitter.com/katrieber

Offline stpetekatycat

• Got a Bloody Knee
  • Flowers in her hair, she don't care.
« Reply #101 on: July 21, 2014, 01:14:37 PM »
I am SO HAPPY to see that other KatyCats are winning this!!! It was such a wonderful gift to be able to see her again in Miami, and I wouldn't have had that opportunity without this contest. Of course in an ideal world all fabulous fans should be able to win, but in my biased opinion, I think that we are highly suitable candidates.  ;)

18k photos?! You've gotta be kidding me. I only posted 7 and I thought that I was on the side of overdoing it.

I don't know how all of this works- I mean, maybe it is really completely random. But I have to think that maybe there's a certain amount of preferential selection involved. For example, I made a separate instagram account for it, had katycat in the username, and only used it to post photos for the contest. All very public-friendly. I'd have to think they're paying attention to the PR aspect. Would they really want to pick someone with 18k photos, or would that come off as spammy? Would they want to pick someone who also had photos in their account of nudity or violence? These are all things that I'd imagine they're considering. 

I love Katy Perry and I raise ducks. :')

Offline oliviaeden

• Falling From Cloud 9
« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2014, 02:07:38 PM »

People shouldn't hate on you, really you won fair and square. I hope you have a great time at the M+G!  :thumbzup:

Aww thank you! I agree!   :pinkbow:

♥ "of course, honey." ♥

Offline oliviaeden

• Falling From Cloud 9
« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2014, 02:11:54 PM »
I am SO HAPPY to see that other KatyCats are winning this!!! It was such a wonderful gift to be able to see her again in Miami, and I wouldn't have had that opportunity without this contest. Of course in an ideal world all fabulous fans should be able to win, but in my biased opinion, I think that we are highly suitable candidates.  ;)

18k photos?! You've gotta be kidding me. I only posted 7 and I thought that I was on the side of overdoing it.

I don't know how all of this works- I mean, maybe it is really completely random. But I have to think that maybe there's a certain amount of preferential selection involved. For example, I made a separate instagram account for it, had katycat in the username, and only used it to post photos for the contest. All very public-friendly. I'd have to think they're paying attention to the PR aspect. Would they really want to pick someone with 18k photos, or would that come off as spammy? Would they want to pick someone who also had photos in their account of nudity or violence? These are all things that I'd imagine they're considering.

I thought 50 was a lot! Haha. I did the same thing- I made a separate account just for the contest entries. That's true, this one girl is saying the contest is rigged because "the law of probability obviously didn't apply in the contest" ....no? It did..?? But since it's random, anyone could've been picked. I'm not sure if Claire's looked at the entries before picking one but if they did maybe they purposely wanted to pick someone who wasn't spamming a photo every 2 minutes, lol.

♥ "of course, honey." ♥

Offline NomadsGirl4ever

• Know it all
  • Do it ALL again...
« Reply #104 on: July 21, 2014, 09:20:58 PM »
I think no matter if you posted 1 or 18k, everyone should have a fair chance. I know I didn't make a separate account when I started the contest. I didn't think I would post so many but it was still worth it.

By the grace of God... I finally met Katy!  :firework: