Author Topic: What do you remember?  (Read 659 times)

Offline Kitty-Katy

• Know it all
  • These wounds are self inflicted.
What do you remember?
« on: May 26, 2014, 03:31:47 PM »
I thought it might be fun to talk about from what we remember about Katy before she was famous...or, at least, when she was less famous (hoping this is the right board!).
I remember how you used to have to wait for days for replies on this forum, and how you could check her blog and there would be new posts.

Katycat #1956.
25/8/09 Birmingham - She caught my cupcake.
1/4/11 Cardiff - I met her.
4/4/11 Birmingham - Front row.
http://twitter.com/AshleyClairex She did my challenge! I have Katy Perry signed converses!
13/5/2014 Birmingham - She pointed at my sign. Front row, GS.
14/5/2014 Birmingham - She grabbed my balloon. Front row, RS.
30/5/2014 London - Front row, GS.
17/2/2015 Montpellier.

Offline mitsguy2001

• Makes U Spark A Firework
  • Katycat
Re: What do you remember?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 03:54:09 PM »
I just remember that after "I Kissed a Girl", everyone appended "one hit wonder" to Katy's name, and people wrongly assumed she was a lesbian.

On another note, the first time I ever checked out Katy on Wikipedia (probably in early 2009), I could have sworn I read that she was born in 1977, was married, and was from Hawaii.  Did I imagine that, or did Katy's Wikipedia incorrectly page say that at one time?  If the later, was all that beleived to be true about Katy at one time, or was it that I just so happened to hit that page when somebody either vandalized it or posted good faith but incorrect information?

Offline Squeeniex27

• Makes Cupcakes Cry
  • The light has come
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 04:38:49 PM »
I remember I thought Katy was British, and I remember the first Thinking Of You music video. I also remember Katy's old myspace and scrolling through it for hours haha
Prism: let the light in

Offline tiffanyy

• Shiny Orange Bathingsuit
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 05:38:41 PM »
I remember checking if she updated her tumblr and getting freaked out every time I passed that watermelon face person she posted!

August 27, 2010 @ Today Show
June 19, 2011 @ Prudential Center
August 25, 2013 @ Brooklyn Bridge

Offline flapfkp

• Little Voyeur
  • It is all so simple, just deal with it
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2014, 05:58:49 PM »
I just remember that after "I Kissed a Girl", everyone appended "one hit wonder" to Katy's name, and people wrongly assumed she was a lesbian.

On another note, the first time I ever checked out Katy on Wikipedia (probably in early 2009), I could have sworn I read that she was born in 1977, was married, and was from Hawaii.  Did I imagine that, or did Katy's Wikipedia incorrectly page say that at one time?  If the later, was all that beleived to be true about Katy at one time, or was it that I just so happened to hit that page when somebody either vandalized it or posted good faith but incorrect information?

Most likely vandalized; happens more often than you'd think.

07/02/14 Sunrise, FL
08/17/14 St. Louis, MO
10/10/14 Houston, TX
10/11/14 Houston, TX

Katycat # 133136
@FLApfkp

Offline Kitty-Katy

• Know it all
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2014, 06:18:47 PM »
Yes, the first TOY video! IKAG made me curious, it was that video that got me.

Katycat #1956.
http://twitter.com/AshleyClairex She did my challenge! I have Katy Perry signed converses!
17/2/2015 Montpellier.

Offline Icypole

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2014, 06:31:00 PM »

Yes! I loved that video.
28/04/11 Melbourne, Rod Laver Arena CDT
14/11/14 Melbourne, Rod Laver Arena PWT
15/11/14 Melbourne, Rod Laver Arena PWT

Offline mitsguy2001

• Katycat
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2014, 09:37:13 PM »

Yes! I loved that video.

Was that the video that was shot for the unreleased album?  Or was that the one that she randomly shot with friends that was never intended to be posted online?

Offline mitsguy2001

• Katycat
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2014, 09:38:07 PM »

Most likely vandalized; happens more often than you'd think.

Could be.  Or maybe I imagined it.  The other info on the page at the time seemed accurate.

Offline Iced Diamonds

• Wannabe Stalker
  • I love angel eggs
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2014, 12:27:53 AM »
When Katy vlogged in a bathroom  :hehe: and checking her blog like every hour  :eyes: omg and that strawberry bus shelter...  ;)
♥ 7th May, Auckland, NZ - The most magical night ever - I MET KATY ♥♥♥!! I ♥ you KPF!
Katycat #2407

Offline Kitty-Katy

• Know it all
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2014, 10:46:05 AM »
When Katy vlogged in a bathroom  :hehe: and checking her blog like every hour  :eyes: omg and that strawberry bus shelter...  ;)
I used the picture of the bus shelter in my inspiration sheet for my GCSE DT. Good times!

Katycat #1956.
17/2/2015 Montpellier.

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • don't be basic
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2014, 06:06:01 AM »
I remember during OOTB when I was about 12 and Katy was more 'the woman who sings the song about kissing girls' rather than 'KATY PERRY', I felt like I was the only big fan of Katy for miles...

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline OfficiallyAKatyKat4Life

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • Bring The Beat Back...
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2014, 07:31:01 AM »
i remember back in the myspace days seeing IKAG on one of my friends' pages..and always thinking "damn that katy perry has some major guts!" haha cuz i figured that song was a bit controversial lol i personally thought it kicked a$$ haha but i knew some older people wouldnt care for it and it would get a lot of attention from the media,good and bad lol i knew it would be a song that would either jump start a career or have it go no where,SO glad it was bigger than ever though!haha

i also remember my first year of college (that same year,late 2008) i got into a friends car and she had some music playing,but i didnt recognize the song (it was WUIV)and i asked her who it was and she said it was katy as she handed me the OOTB album and i was like "ohhh!the girl who sings IKAG!" :lol: haha and i remember that particular drive was a long one and we were stuck in traffic for quite some time and we most likely listened to the whole album or at least most of it lol back then i didnt automatically become a katy cat but i did like her songs

also,later that year in december..that same friend invited me and 2 other friends to go to jingle ball with her.back then jingle ball was a lot smaller of a thing,so there were a lot less acts then they have now and they were usually brand new or not very popular artists lol and katy was on the line up!and i was also just a couple rows from the front!it was a great show..funny thing is,those all 3 of those stories (and some others)completely disappeared from my memory until i became a katy cat!idk what it was,but after becoming a katycat,all these random and basically pointless memories(at the time),came rushing back..funny how things work out ;)

Took A Selfie With Katy in Anaheim 09.16.14 :dreamboat:
Katy Cat #23892
PWT:9-16,17 & 22-2014
Twitter:@KatysSoyQuiche
PHHHOTO:walshiee
ps..forgive me for misspelling my username :-[

Offline TheOnlyWayIsPerry

• U think you're a Genius!
  • Secretley a cat
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2014, 03:35:57 AM »
I remember I kissed a girl being on the radio all the time and I used to listen to it on those like £10 crappy MP3 players haha and they said she'd be a one hit wonder.. I also remember being really shocked she was born in 1984 because I was convinced it was 1986  :lol:
Patiently waiting for 27/5/14-28/5/14

Offline Katyinspiresleah

• Wannabe w. more posts
  • 31/10/11, 20/5/15 Katy took my letter, 24/5/14.
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2014, 05:43:44 AM »
I remember being 7 and sat in front of my tv and I Kissed A Girl was on, and usually when you're 7 you don't take notice of anything really, but I was literally sat there mesmerised at the tv and it was like my favourite song ever. But then, Hot n Cold came out and I remember being at this boys BBQ and it came on and me and my friend screamed so loud, and then did this cheesy dance to it. And also when I first saw the video, well even now too really, I remember thinking that she looks sooo pretty when she has the bright blue eyeshadow (I think it is?¿?) wearing the sporty-type outfit
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 05:48:21 AM by Katyinspiresleah »