Author Topic: PRISMATIC TOUR - Tell us about YOUR experience : was it good or was it good ?  (Read 8890 times)

Offline thinkingofyou106

• U think you're a Genius!
I walked right past you at the Rock n Roll hall of fame, at the Elvis exhibit! My friend and I had some time to kill before the concert so that's where we went too! After I saw you I actually turned to her and said "I bet he's going to see Katy too!" because of your pizza shirt. At this point she was a little sick of my non-stop fangirling so she  pretty much ignored me...but how crazy is that!

That's awesome that Katy recognized you!

Ha, small world, that's awesome!  Such a cool place, right?  Too bad we didn't know each other...it would have been nice to talk to someone about Katy/PWT without having to hold back, haha.  :lol:  I wonder what time Kacey was at the HOF?  Maybe she went before it opened or after it closed to avoid being mobbed.  It would have been cool to run into her.

Aw, yes, that would've been fantastic. I almost complimented your pizza shirt but I'm pretty shy so I just kept on walking...  :ummno: maybe next tour?! Haha. When Kacey said that she was there I freaked out. Running into her would've been the coolest! But you're right and she probably went early or something. Ah well. I'm not going to lie, I was staring everyone down to see if Katy would be there...even though I probably wouldn't have wanted to bother her even if she was.  :)
California Dreams Tour: June 23, 2011
Prismatic World Tour: August 14, 2014
Twitter: @KatyCatKate

No regrets, just love. <3

Offline steviep24

• Fierce
  • I'm wide awake!
I was at Columbus on August 13 and Cleveland on August 14.  I decided I wasn't going to be generic, and wanted to stand out a bit to see what would happen, so I bought this:

I almost didn't get it in time, because it was delivered the day of the show, only about 20 minutes before I left for Columbus, but everything worked out and I had my pizza shirt ready to go.  :lol:  I'd actually recommend that brand too, it's a great quality shirt!  Beloved are the same people that made and sell Katy's pizza onesie also.  I'm probably going to buy more from them.

----------

Columbus was awesome!  I was in the first row of 116 right next to the stage, practically perfect seats.  Khasan Brailsford must have had friends in the floor seats right in front of me because he came out to chat with them before the show and while Katy was singing Firework.  Katy's parents were also at the show, and walked right in front of me.  I wish I thought quicker to say hi or something, because by the time I realized it was them, they were too far away. 

Ferras was great as usual.  This was my first time seeing Kacey Musgraves.  I'm not a huge fan of country, but that really didn't matter, because she was awesome!  She's very personable and talks to the audience a lot, which I thought was cool.

On to Katy.  The show itself was incredible, but my experience was entirely different than any of my previous shows because of the pizza shirt!  She definitely noticed me big time, and gave me a few points, smiles, and winks.  :)  The three that really stand out were during This Moment/Love Me, and two during This Is How We Do. 

During TM/LM as she was walking by up the ramp is when she first noticed the shirt and gave a smile and point. 

During TIHWD, she pointed at me during the "HELL YEAH!" part.  :lol:  I found this video on Youtube of it...it's at about 0:06.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wLt7X-WKdM

During TIHWD while she was in the car is when she gave me a wink!  This is the only one that I actually got on video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPI3270OHns

Lastly, THIS happened in Columbus during WOA when she "takes the kids to church."   :lol: :dreamboat:  I have no idea what Katy was laughing about, but it gets me every time!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1pdA6_smYM

She slayed as usual the rest of the show, and I was going to do it all again the next day in Cleveland!

----------

On to Cleveland!  I had a lot of time to kill before the show, so I checked out the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame.  That place is amazing!  I'm also a big fan of classic rock, and was in awe of all of the Jimi Hendrix stuff they had.

And of course they also have this:

After that, I went down the street to the Q to get ready to go in.  As I was driving to the parking garage, I saw Scott and Lockhart crossing the road in front of a few cars ahead. :lol: I walked around a bit after I parked to try and find them again, but I didn't see them. 

My seats this time were about the same as the night before, but on the other side of the stage in section 110, 4th row up.  I had the pizza shirt on again and was ready to roll, haha.  Ferras and Kacey were awesome again. 

Before the Cleveland show, I tweeted Katy, telling her to look for the pizza shirt again.  I doubt she saw the tweet, but I can dream, right? lol  Anyway, there were two moments that stood out. 

First was in the very beginning during Roar she was doing her thing being all fierce, then she saw me and made the biggest smile!  She remembered!  We all know how amazing that smile is, but when you're the one who brings it out, that's on a whole new level of awesome!  Before the show, I was telling the people in front of me about my shirt, her onesie, and the night before, and when it happened, the one lady turned around and said, "She saw you!!"

Second was during Unconditionally.  After she had taken the letters and was walking back up the ramp to the main stage, she was telling people how much she loved them Unconditionally.  Then she got to me and said, "I see you! Two nights!"

If anyone happens to have or find a video of Unconditionally in Cleveland (8/14), all the way to the end, please let me know!

The rest of the show was incredible as always.  The kid she brought on stage, Robbie, was awesome!

----------

I'm sad that my PWT experiences have come to an end, but at the same time I'm extremely grateful to have had the opportunity to experience her amazing show.  I'm also very happy for all the Katycats who are still waiting to experience her amazing show!  I also feel very fulfilled and satisfied that I have left an impression on her, and that she will remember me.  I'll end with three photos from Columbus that I really liked!  Thanks for reading!

AHHH!!! So freakin cool!! How fun!!  I can't wait for my show!  I hope I have a cool story to tell like this...
I went to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on Friday. :)

It was truly the most amazing night and experience. Katy really is taking concerts to whole new levels. I was up in section C109 but I saw your pizza shirt from up there.  :)
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Offline thinkingofyou106

My Prismatic World Tour experience was wonderful!

This summer I did a month long study abroad over in England so I wasn't able to go the Pittsburgh date, which was kind of a bummer because that's where I'm from. So, instead I went to Cleveland! The whole day was an adventure from start to finish. My friend and I left PA around 8am so that we could explore Cleveland a little bit. I've never been to the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame before, so we went to check that out and it was very cool. I was secretly hoping to casually run into Katy there  :hehe: but that never happened (big surprise...and I wouldn't have wanted to bother her anyway so I would've spazzed silently and left her alone haha).

After that we ate at the Hard Rock cafe, which was super cool because of ALL the Katy fans in there. The entire place was taken over by sparkles and blue wigs and cat face paint. It was such a good atmosphere and I even had a five minute long Katy convo with our waitress.  :lol: (she is a huge Katy fan, if anyone was wondering).

So, finally, THE CONCERT! It was phenomenal. I had floor seats, probably four rows back from the very tip of the prism part of the stage. So I was as close as I've ever been to a stage at a concert. At first I was kind of bummed because the main stage was really far away and hard to see when everyone was standing, but when Katy came out to the tip it made up for having to stand on tip toes because she was so close! When she was doing the acoustic section, at the beginning of Unconditionally, she looked right at me. Everyone around me was freaking out and waving, and I wanted to stand out, so I made a heart with my hands. She looked at me and nodded!  :flowerpower: I know it seems silly to be so excited over a look and a nod but this is the closest I've been to Katy and it was so wonderful to have your idol notice you, even if it was only for a few seconds.

Like I said before, these floor seats were the first floor seats I've ever had at any concert. For the CDT I had second tier seats with a side view of the stage, and I was happy with them but everyone stayed sitting the WHOLE concert. I was amazed by the atmosphere down on the floor. While a concert (especially a KATY concert) is always fun no matter what, it was so nice to go absolutely nuts with the dancing and jumping. The two girls next to me were huge Katy fans, and the four people directly in front of me were going crazy, so I felt right at home. I think that had something to do with why Katy kept looking in our direction, too.  :frolickingghost:

I'm sad my PWT experience is over but it was everything I hoped it would be and more! The whole show blew my mind, but my favorite was the acoustic section...which makes me unbelievably excited for the day Katy releases an acoustic album.  :dreamboat:

Offline RallyRex

• Dressing Up
  • Katy and Cars keep me going.
^^^Awesome write up!  I completely agree about being close, I can't do it any other way now.  I sat way up high in Pittsburgh and it was a night and day difference.  Excitement over a nod isn't silly at all!  A notice is a notice, no matter how it happens!
Twitter: @RallyRex1
PWT: | 7/22/14 | 8/2/14 | 8/13/14 | 8/14/14 | 10/10/14 | 10/11/14 |

Offline RallyRex

• Dressing Up
Aww, awesome review Rex! Glad you had an amazing experience!  :firework:

Also, the video of her laughing during WOA is the cutest thing ever

Thanks!  I know, right?!  After that happened, I was laughing hysterically, and also wondering what exactly just happened.   :lol:

It was truly the most amazing night and experience. Katy really is taking concerts to whole new levels. I was up in section C109 but I saw your pizza shirt from up there.  :)

That's awesome!  So glad I bought that shirt.   :)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 10:05:26 AM by RallyRex »

Offline KatyKatha89

• Ripest Apple
  • I Love Katy <3
Redaing all the amazings stories and i cant wait to see katy live and tell my experience

Offline pinkxplastic

• Wannabe
  • Katycat
reading all these stories make me so excited! 12 more days!!

Offline Kikyo_Cat

• Makes Cupcakes Cry
  • [ ♥ Katy Cat ♥ ]
Well I figured I would post about my personal PWT experiences!

So I went to 3 shows, 2 in Chicago, Illinois and one in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

So first, the first Chicago show.. It was a Thursday. I had.. alright-ish seats. We could see pretty decently and I was really enjoying the show. But obviously I cried like.. at everything Katy did. My little sister came with me and would be like "god. Lauren. Why are you crying again???"  :rofl: But it was so great. Then Birthday happened. I knew what was going to happen obviously but when she flew out into the audience.. she flew a lot farther than I thought. And she stopped right in front of me. For like 10 seconds singing and we made eye contact and I CRIED and then she smiled and I like tripped and sat back in my chair to have a meltdown. But the show was amazing. AMAZZZZZZING. And I got to see my Chicago KatyCats I've missed so much!

Friday's show in Chicago we were much farther away. It was amazing etc. I still cried a lot but not as much. Mostly just during BTGOG. After Friday's show we hung around before I dropped my sister and her friend off at her house AND THEN I DROVE TO MICHIGAN! The show was Sunday in Michigan and we got there around 6:30am Saturday because I wanted to do some things and meet some people Saturday :P

SO SUNDAY. I had VIP Reflection Section tickets. alone. :((( I got to the venue around.. 4:00 or so and there were already people but I guess they weren't VIP so no early entry. Sat around and waited until they let us in and I ended up being first in line to go to RS. I made the tip of the triangle barrier and that was all I wanted to yay. Got through Ferras. Super excited about Kacey Musgraves <33 loved her and everything. Then Katy. So people kept shoving me and I'm so short and I just like got pressed into the barrier and decided to just watch the audience and see Katy when she comes around the stage because moving was not really an option for the most part. During "This Moment" I was like crying and holding up my hand because she was just like standing in front of us singing.. and then she grabbed my hand. And she squeezed my hand and I just wanted to die and then all these people like put their hands all around me and I got bopped in the head a lot as they tried to touch Katy and I couldn't even see her because of everyone but I knew she was holding me and life was perfect. Then later on I had a sign that said "Thanks For Staying" that I made super pretty etc and she kind of like smiled and nodded when she saw me hold it up and then I cried more and when the song ended I just kinda went crazy for Unconditionally. I knew she takes letters so I wrote one for her and held it out and she like.. she walked straight to me when she was coming to RS and she took mine first and in my head I'm just like omg katy perry loves me. Like.. out of that many people in the crowd she made me feel so special and important that night and I have never felt so amazing in my lifetime.

That's it for exciting-ness really. I mean I waited like an hour and a half after the show but she was gone. But I met some cool people, and got awkwardly hit on by a security guard- and Kacey's manager or assistant or something talked to me for like 3 minutes before he left with Kacey so that was a cool thing. He said I looked cute haha. But yes. PWT = Perf.

Add Me On Skype! : KikyoCat

Offline LuvChelseaRose

• Cherry Chapstick
  • KatyCat By The Grace of God

So I went to 3 shows, 2 in Chicago, Illinois and one in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

So first, the first Chicago show.. It was a Thursday. I had.. alright-ish seats. We could see pretty decently and I was really enjoying the show. But obviously I cried like.. at everything Katy did. My little sister came with me and would be like "god. Lauren. Why are you crying again???"  :rofl: But it was so great. Then Birthday happened. I knew what was going to happen obviously but when she flew out into the audience.. she flew a lot farther than I thought. And she stopped right in front of me. For like 10 seconds singing and we made eye contact and I CRIED and then she smiled and I like tripped and sat back in my chair to have a meltdown. But the show was amazing. AMAZZZZZZING. And I got to see my Chicago KatyCats I've missed so much!

Friday's show in Chicago we were much farther away. It was amazing etc. I still cried a lot but not as much. Mostly just during BTGOG. After Friday's show we hung around before I dropped my sister and her friend off at her house AND THEN I DROVE TO MICHIGAN! The show was Sunday in Michigan and we got there around 6:30am Saturday because I wanted to do some things and meet some people Saturday :P

SO SUNDAY. I had VIP Reflection Section tickets. alone. :((( I got to the venue around.. 4:00 or so and there were already people but I guess they weren't VIP so no early entry. Sat around and waited until they let us in and I ended up being first in line to go to RS. I made the tip of the triangle barrier and that was all I wanted to yay. Got through Ferras. Super excited about Kacey Musgraves <33 loved her and everything. Then Katy. So people kept shoving me and I'm so short and I just like got pressed into the barrier and decided to just watch the audience and see Katy when she comes around the stage because moving was not really an option for the most part. During "This Moment" I was like crying and holding up my hand because she was just like standing in front of us singing.. and then she grabbed my hand. And she squeezed my hand and I just wanted to die and then all these people like put their hands all around me and I got bopped in the head a lot as they tried to touch Katy and I couldn't even see her because of everyone but I knew she was holding me and life was perfect. Then later on I had a sign that said "Thanks For Staying" that I made super pretty etc and she kind of like smiled and nodded when she saw me hold it up and then I cried more and when the song ended I just kinda went crazy for Unconditionally. I knew she takes letters so I wrote one for her and held it out and she like.. she walked straight to me when she was coming to RS and she took mine first and in my head I'm just like omg katy perry loves me. Like.. out of that many people in the crowd she made me feel so special and important that night and I have never felt so amazing in my lifetime.

That's it for exciting-ness really. I mean I waited like an hour and a half after the show but she was gone. But I met some cool people, and got awkwardly hit on by a security guard- and Kacey's manager or assistant or something talked to me for like 3 minutes before he left with Kacey so that was a cool thing. He said I looked cute haha. But yes. PWT = Perf.

Aww!!  You poor thing, but YAY!!!  I'm glad Katy made you feel so special!  What a cool experience!  I'm also glad I'm not the only person who gets RS tix and goes alone.  This will be me too.  Although I don't have early entry so I'm pretty bummed about that.  Hopefully I can still get a spot next to the stage.  I'm curious though... what did you wear? lol

Transparency is the new mystery. -- AM
9/30/14 - PWT Denver
10/11/14 - PWT Houston
twitter: @luvchelsearose

Offline thinkingofyou106

Aww! I'm sorry that you basically got trampled but that's so awesome how Katy just KNEW how much of a katycat you are! I love your "thanks for staying" sign idea too, that's so sweet.  :xx:

Offline Kikyo_Cat

• Makes Cupcakes Cry
  • [ ♥ Katy Cat ♥ ]

Aww!!  You poor thing, but YAY!!!  I'm glad Katy made you feel so special!  What a cool experience!  I'm also glad I'm not the only person who gets RS tix and goes alone.  This will be me too.  Although I don't have early entry so I'm pretty bummed about that.  Hopefully I can still get a spot next to the stage.  I'm curious though... what did you wear? lol

Aww! I'm sorry that you basically got trampled but that's so awesome how Katy just KNEW how much of a katycat you are! I love your "thanks for staying" sign idea too, that's so sweet.  :xx:
A bunch of other KatyCats made them early tour so it wasn't my idea but I loved it so much!
here's my sign:

Add Me On Skype! : KikyoCat

Offline LuvChelseaRose

• Cherry Chapstick
Aww! Well look at how sweet you looked! No wonder she picked you out of the crowd! Thanks for sharing!

9/30/14 - PWT Denver
10/11/14 - PWT Houston

Offline RallyRex

• Dressing Up

Great costume!  It sounds like you had a great time, despite being pushed around a bit.  Nothing wrong with going alone, I went to all of mine alone!  :)  It's awesome that Katy saw you!  Even though she's seen that message before, I know she still appreciates it just as much every time.

Offline RallyRex

• Dressing Up

Second was during Unconditionally.  After she had taken the letters and was walking back up the ramp to the main stage, she was telling people how much she loved them Unconditionally.  Then she got to me and said, "I see you! Two nights!"

If anyone happens to have or find a video of Unconditionally in Cleveland (8/14), all the way to the end, please let me know!

Some kind person on Youtube contacted me that had that part and sent their video to me!  The "I see you! Two nights!" is at the very end.   :) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_VjjB1EChc&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 10:24:05 PM by RallyRex »

Offline LuvChelseaRose

• Cherry Chapstick

Some kind person on Youtube contacted me that had that part and sent their video to me!  The "I see you! Two nights!" is at the very end.   :) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_VjjB1EChc&feature=youtu.be

AHHHH!!! I'm freaking out for you! are you freaking out?!?  How many times have you watched this video? LOL

9/30/14 - PWT Denver
10/11/14 - PWT Houston