Author Topic: PRISMATIC TOUR - Tell us about YOUR experience : was it good or was it good ?  (Read 9899 times)

Offline bravenewjim

• Wannabe
  • Katycat
going tonight and taking my kids.  anyone know what time katy comes on for a 7:30 show.  i want to make sure we are not there too early.  also how long is her show.  thanks!!

Offline ConfessionsOfAKatyCat

• Wannabe
  • KatyCat
I HAD THE BEST TIME EVER! She pointed at me, looked me in the eyes and sand Unconditionally to me... I just about died :P

I recently started a vlog talking about my love for Katy Perry and what it's like to be a KatyCat! Check it out on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC07GbTLA-5KjQ4vRrckw39g

Feel free to share, like, comment, follow, and subscribe! Can't wait to hear from other amazing KatyCats like you!!  :thumbzup:   :katycat1:
Check out my channel on YouTube!! :) Feel free to like, comment, subscribe, and share! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC07GbTLA-5KjQ4vRrckw39g

Offline Anni

• Wannabe
  • Katycat
It was AMAZING!!!!!!!  :dreamboat:
I had early entry pass to London concert which was very convenient since I came from Estonia and before concert had to check out Big Ben  :lol: , was in first row, met one very friendly guy from Holland, got a wink from Katy. It was a dream come true, best concert ever, worth every penny and even more!!!!!!!
There was one incident, that I actually didn't care about - had to cut off some of my hair because one lady  put two chewing gums in my and my sisters hair  :eyes:
Now planning to go to Latvia and Findland as well!!  :pinkbow: can't wait!!  :strawberry:

Offline RallyRex

• Dressing Up
  • Katy and Cars keep me going.
Boston on Saturday night was incredible!  The energy was amazing, and you could tell she felt it.  Even Ferras tweeted about it later on.  I also love how hard she goes during TIHWD now that it's a single.

This trip was very spur of the moment, but I was fortunate to snag up some great seats right next to the main stage and be really close...she even pointed and smiled at me twice!!

I wanted to just enjoy the show, so I didn't take many pictures after these.  Just a few short clips of some of my favorite moments.

Her entrance.  This never gets old and gives me chills every time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwul-_nN3No&feature=youtu.be

A clip of Roar.  I wish I kept recording, because RIGHT after this is the first time she pointed at me...you can see her walking over at the end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbVDewU2Nkk&feature=youtu.be

Roar Jump rope:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4AuYK0g-DI&feature=youtu.be

Some of Wide Awake when she's rotating on the prism:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJk7_fKESkE&feature=youtu.be

A little bit of her talking during the acoustic part.  Turn the volume down for this one, trust me.   :hehe:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Dpicn0rOq8&feature=youtu.be

Walking on Air when she was on my side:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2lJhw3RYx8&feature=youtu.be

One of my favorite parts of the show, when she "Takes the kids to church" during WOA:  :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31bueiNRrjE&feature=youtu.be

All in all it was an amazing night!  I'm so thankful to be able to attend her shows, and so proud of her for putting on such amazing performances.  This was well worth the 9-hour drive, and hair-pulling experience trying to find the damn parking garage when you've never been to Boston before lol.   :lol:  Only for Katy.   :)

There was one thing that pissed me off.  During Firework, some douchebag in the front row threw a balloon towards her and it ended up hitting her in the head.  Of course shes a professional and awesome, so she wasn't phased by it, but still, come on man.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 09:30:16 PM by RallyRex »
Twitter: @RallyRex1
PWT: | 7/22/14 | 8/2/14 | 8/13/14 | 8/14/14 | 10/10/14 | 10/11/14 |

Offline Squeeniex27

• Makes Cupcakes Cry
  • The light has come
I went last night and it was absolutely amazing. Katy is an amazing performer and I saw the side of her that is so much fun and caring. I loved every second of it.The Katycat family is very kind and inviting! I met A LOT of people on twitter! Katy even Favorited some of our tweets while we were waiting. My best friend and I were RS so we got there around 10am and were the first people in line. Other people arrived around 11 and 12 that were as hardcore as us. One girl (Madkatydisease on twitter) came all the way from Atlanta! They led us in and we waited about another hour inside the venue, AND WE MET KEITH HUDSON KATY'S FATHER! He was really nice and took pictures with everyone in the RS! He smelled really good too....haha. Then they led us into the RS and any advice for anyone wanting to get a good spot/ tip of the Prism is to RUN to the tip as soon as you are led into RS. My best friend and I were first to the tip. Ferras and Capital Cities came out and put on a good opening. Around 9:15 Katy came on and killed it. She was so close to us it was unbelievable. The RS really makes you feel like you are a part of the show. Katy didn't touch are hand as much, but she let us sing into the microphone and even took a selfie with some people! She took letters, but dropped mine and my best friend's drawing of her was too big so she couldn't take it. We live in Philly, so she ate a cheesesteak on stage, which was hilarious! She then gave the rest to a fan. After Legendary Lovers I started to feel really sick and hot so I had to run out and get some water. My best friend was still at the tip and since we made friends with the people around us, they let me back in to the tip! The other kittens were very nice! Just make sure you are friendly with them and they will have your back as well! I sobbed historically when Katy made eye contact with me and during BTGOG. Overall, the show was fantastic and even this little text post about it doesn't do justice. She is one of a kind. I can't wait to see her tonight as well and blow all of my money on merchandise!
Prism: let the light in

Offline RallyRex

• Dressing Up
^^ That's so awesome you had a great time, and even met her dad! 

Offline OneOfTheDreams

• Got a Bloody Knee
One of the best nights of my life!! I like my CDT experience better because when I went to my PWT date, I my back started aching badly and I had a sinus infection (not very contagious)

It was only yesterday but I still have heart palpitations trying to remember the night. It was so.... Spectacular especially IKAG.

I got to touch Ferras, Scott Myrick, and Lockhart's hand which I proceeded to have inner fan girl screams.

When Kacey was performing, she stared at me for 5 seconds, not once, but 3 times!! I was just leaning on the reflection section wall and smiling, then I see her eyes meet mine and we had a small staring contest kind of lol.

And then KATY PERRY OMFG she looked at me for like 3 seconds I was in so much shock.

Lastly, I saw Tamra wandering about in the reflection section and no one came up to her to take a selfie! I was so upset by the fact that some KatyCats in the reflection section ignored Tamra completely!! I managed to snap a selfie with her, she is SOOO nice, Omg I was so nervous, I poked her shoulder to ask for a selfie.

But now the problem here is how do I attach my picture on here  :lol:

:firework: :firework:

Offline mel

• Needs a Hobby!
  • Kittens!
I went, exaclty a month ago hahaha (she was in Montreal).
What can I say? I didn't expect the show to be that way. I was very surprised. Such a show! It was good and I enjoyed it. But what bothered me a bit, is that it didn't feel like her. And during the part when she talks to us, I realised that somehow I was right, because she says something like: "And now's the part of the show that I prefer, where I can be myself". She should be able to be herself more than 15 minutes in a show that lasts more than 2 hours! But well haha. I liked soooo much when she talked about the katycats, asked who had seen her before, when she dedicated songs to us. I made me feel... important?! I don't know haha. But when she talked about her old katycats, the ones that were there before the TD era, I almost wanted to cry hahaha. I meant so much to me.
I went to the show with my boyfriend, and it was actually his birthday, for real haha. But we were really far away from the stage, and I'm glad he didn't go on the stage hahaha. I know there was also one of our teachers coming, and it would have been soooo awkward loool.

31/3/2009 Can't forget it. 20/6/2010 (MMVAs) Amazing! 02/07/2011 Met Katy and everything was fantastic.
15/07/2014 wow....
made by kp-freak.no1
wonk♥eye
proud member #5624 :hellokaty:

Offline RallyRex

• Dressing Up
I was at Columbus on August 13 and Cleveland on August 14.  I decided I wasn't going to be generic, and wanted to stand out a bit to see what would happen, so I bought this:

I almost didn't get it in time, because it was delivered the day of the show, only about 20 minutes before I left for Columbus, but everything worked out and I had my pizza shirt ready to go.  :lol:  I'd actually recommend that brand too, it's a great quality shirt!  Beloved are the same people that made and sell Katy's pizza onesie also.  I'm probably going to buy more from them.

----------

Columbus was awesome!  I was in the first row of 116 right next to the stage, practically perfect seats.  Khasan Brailsford must have had friends in the floor seats right in front of me because he came out to chat with them before the show and while Katy was singing Firework.  Katy's parents were also at the show, and walked right in front of me.  I wish I thought quicker to say hi or something, because by the time I realized it was them, they were too far away. 

Ferras was great as usual.  This was my first time seeing Kacey Musgraves.  I'm not a huge fan of country, but that really didn't matter, because she was awesome!  She's very personable and talks to the audience a lot, which I thought was cool.

On to Katy.  The show itself was incredible, but my experience was entirely different than any of my previous shows because of the pizza shirt!  She definitely noticed me big time, and gave me a few points, smiles, and winks.  :)  The three that really stand out were during This Moment/Love Me, and two during This Is How We Do. 

During TM/LM as she was walking by up the ramp is when she first noticed the shirt and gave a smile and point. 

During TIHWD, she pointed at me during the "HELL YEAH!" part.  :lol:  I found this video on Youtube of it...it's at about 0:06.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wLt7X-WKdM

During TIHWD while she was in the car is when she gave me a wink!  This is the only one that I actually got on video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPI3270OHns

Lastly, THIS happened in Columbus during WOA when she "takes the kids to church."   :lol: :dreamboat:  I have no idea what Katy was laughing about, but it gets me every time!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1pdA6_smYM

She slayed as usual the rest of the show, and I was going to do it all again the next day in Cleveland!

----------

On to Cleveland!  I had a lot of time to kill before the show, so I checked out the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame.  That place is amazing!  I'm also a big fan of classic rock, and was in awe of all of the Jimi Hendrix stuff they had.

And of course they also have this:

After that, I went down the street to the Q to get ready to go in.  As I was driving to the parking garage, I saw Scott and Lockhart crossing the road in front of a few cars ahead. :lol: I walked around a bit after I parked to try and find them again, but I didn't see them. 

My seats this time were about the same as the night before, but on the other side of the stage in section 110, 4th row up.  I had the pizza shirt on again and was ready to roll, haha.  Ferras and Kacey were awesome again. 

Before the Cleveland show, I tweeted Katy, telling her to look for the pizza shirt again.  I doubt she saw the tweet, but I can dream, right? lol  Anyway, there were two moments that stood out. 

First was in the very beginning during Roar she was doing her thing being all fierce, then she saw me and made the biggest smile!  She remembered!  We all know how amazing that smile is, but when you're the one who brings it out, that's on a whole new level of awesome!  Before the show, I was telling the people in front of me about my shirt, her onesie, and the night before, and when it happened, the one lady turned around and said, "She saw you!!"

Second was during Unconditionally.  After she had taken the letters and was walking back up the ramp to the main stage, she was telling people how much she loved them Unconditionally.  Then she got to me and said, "I see you! Two nights!"

EDIT: Got a video of it from a random kind soul on Youtube that contacted me and sent it to me!   :) :frolickingghost:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_VjjB1EChc&feature=youtu.be

The rest of the show was incredible as always.  The kid she brought on stage, Robbie, was awesome!

----------

I'm sad that my PWT experiences have come to an end, but at the same time I'm extremely grateful to have had the opportunity to experience her amazing show.  I'm also very happy for all the Katycats who are still waiting to experience her amazing show!  I also feel very fulfilled and satisfied that I have left an impression on her, and that she will remember me.  I'll end with three photos from Columbus that I really liked!  Thanks for reading!

« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 10:19:45 PM by RallyRex »

Offline katypfan1999

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • **LET THE LIGHT IN!**
I was at Columbus on August 13 and Cleveland on August 14.  I decided I wasn't going to be generic, and wanted to stand out a bit to see what would happen, so I bought this:

I almost didn't get it in time, because it was delivered the day of the show, only about 20 minutes before I left for Columbus, but everything worked out and I had my pizza shirt ready to go.  :lol:  I'd actually recommend that brand too, it's a great quality shirt!  Beloved are the same people that made and sell Katy's pizza onesie also.  I'm probably going to buy more from them.

----------

Columbus was awesome!  I was in the first row of 116 right next to the stage, practically perfect seats.  Khasan Brailsford must have had friends in the floor seats right in front of me because he came out to chat with them before the show and while Katy was singing Firework.  Katy's parents were also at the show, and walked right in front of me.  I wish I thought quicker to say hi or something, because by the time I realized it was them, they were too far away. 

Ferras was great as usual.  This was my first time seeing Kacey Musgraves.  I'm not a huge fan of country, but that really didn't matter, because she was awesome!  She's very personable and talks to the audience a lot, which I thought was cool.

On to Katy.  The show itself was the same awesome show, but my experience was entirely different because of that pizza shirt!  She definitely noticed me big time, and gave me a few points, smiles, and winks.  :)  The three that really stand out were during This Moment/Love Me, and two during This Is How We Do. 

During TM/LM as she was walking by up the ramp is when she first noticed the shirt and gave a smile and point. 

During TIHWD, she pointed at me during the "HELL YEAH!" part.  :lol:  I found this video on Youtube of it...it's at about 0:06.

During TIHWD while she was in the car is when she gave me a wink!  This is the only one that I actually got on video.

Lastly, THIS happened in Columbus during WOA when she "takes the kids to church."   :lol: :dreamboat:  I have no idea what Katy was laughing about, but it gets me every time!

That was mainly it for Columbus.  She slayed as usual, and I was going to do it all again the next day in Cleveland!

----------

On to Cleveland!  I had a lot of time to kill before the show, so I checked out the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame.  That place is amazing!  I'm also a big fan of classic rock, and was in awe of all of the Jimi Hendrix stuff they had.

After that, I went down the street to the Q to get ready to go in.  As I was driving to the parking garage, I saw Scott and Lockhart crossing the road in front of a few cars ahead. :lol: I walked around a bit after I parked to try and find them again, but I didn't see them. 

My seats this time were about the same as the night before, but on the other side of the stage in section 110, 4th row up.  I had the pizza shirt on again and was ready to roll, haha.  Ferras and Kacey were awesome again. 

Before the Cleveland show, I tweeted her, telling her to look for the pizza shirt again.  I doubt she saw the tweet, but I can dream, right? lol  Anyway, there were two moments that stood out. 

First was in the very beginning during Roar she was doing her thing, then she saw me and made the biggest smile!  She remembered!  We all know how amazing that smile is, but when you're the one who brings it out, that's on a whole new level of awesome!  Before the show, I was telling the people in front of me about my shirt, her onesie, and the night before, and when it happened, the one lady turned around and said, "She saw you!!"

Second was during Unconditionally.  After she had taken the letters and was walking back up the ramp to the main stage, she was telling people how much she loved them Unconditionally.  Then she got to me and said, "I see you! Two nights!"

If anyone happens to have or find a video of Unconditionally in Cleveland (8/14), all the way to the end, please let me know!

----------

I'm sad that my PWT experiences have come to an end, but at the same time I'm extremely grateful to have had the opportunity to experience her amazing show.  I'm also very happy for all the Katycats who are still waiting to experience her amazing show!  I also feel very fulfilled and satisfied that I have left an impression on her, and that she will remember me.  I'll end with three photos from Columbus that I really liked!  Thanks for reading!

What a fucking story. Sounds like you had an amazing night. Or two nights!  :lol: You're so lucky! I'll be happy if I even get to go to one. And that WOA video you took where she screamed, OMG! Dat scream doe!

Offline thinkingofyou106

• U think you're a Genius!

----------

On to Katy.  The show itself was the same awesome show, but my experience was entirely different than any of my previous shows because of the pizza shirt!  She definitely noticed me big time, and gave me a few points, smiles, and winks.  :)  The three that really stand out were during This Moment/Love Me, and two during This Is How We Do. 

That was mainly it for Columbus.  She slayed as usual, and I was going to do it all again the next day in Cleveland!

----------

Before the Cleveland show, I tweeted Katy, telling her to look for the pizza shirt again.  I doubt she saw the tweet, but I can dream, right? lol  Anyway, there were two moments that stood out. 

First was in the very beginning during Roar she was doing her thing, then she saw me and made the biggest smile!  She remembered!  We all know how amazing that smile is, but when you're the one who brings it out, that's on a whole new level of awesome!  Before the show, I was telling the people in front of me about my shirt, her onesie, and the night before, and when it happened, the one lady turned around and said, "She saw you!!"

If anyone happens to have or find a video of Unconditionally in Cleveland (8/14), all the way to the end, please let me know!

There wasn't too much else, I just enjoyed the show.  The kid she brought on stage, Robbie, was awesome!

----------

I walked right past you at the Rock n Roll hall of fame, at the Elvis exhibit! My friend and I had some time to kill before the concert so that's where we went too! After I saw you I actually turned to her and said "I bet he's going to see Katy too!" because of your pizza shirt. At this point she was a little sick of my non-stop fangirling so she  pretty much ignored me...but how crazy is that!

That's awesome that Katy recognized you!
California Dreams Tour: June 23, 2011
Prismatic World Tour: August 14, 2014
Twitter: @KatyCatKate

No regrets, just love. <3

Offline RallyRex

• Dressing Up
What a fucking story. Sounds like you had an amazing night. Or two nights!  :lol: You're so lucky! I'll be happy if I even get to go to one. And that WOA video you took where she screamed, OMG! Dat scream doe!

Thanks!  It was definitely amazing, and I wouldn't trade those experiences for anything.  Don't give up on trying to get to a show, it's so worth it.  Back in March I wasn't sure if I was going to make it to any, but I was determined and here I sit 5 months later with all these amazing experiences, and no regrets.  Determination can help you achieve anything.   :)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 02:13:06 PM by RallyRex »

Offline RallyRex

• Dressing Up
I walked right past you at the Rock n Roll hall of fame, at the Elvis exhibit! My friend and I had some time to kill before the concert so that's where we went too! After I saw you I actually turned to her and said "I bet he's going to see Katy too!" because of your pizza shirt. At this point she was a little sick of my non-stop fangirling so she  pretty much ignored me...but how crazy is that!

That's awesome that Katy recognized you!

Ha, small world, that's awesome!  Such a cool place, right?  Too bad we didn't know each other...it would have been nice to talk to someone about Katy/PWT without having to hold back, haha.  :lol:  I wonder what time Kacey was at the HOF?  Maybe she went before it opened or after it closed to avoid being mobbed.  It would have been cool to run into her.

Offline LuvChelseaRose

• U think you're a Genius!
  • KatyCat By The Grace of God

----------

On to Katy.  The show itself was incredible, but my experience was entirely different than any of my previous shows because of the pizza shirt!  She definitely noticed me big time, and gave me a few points, smiles, and winks.  :)  The three that really stand out were during This Moment/Love Me, and two during This Is How We Do. 

She slayed as usual the rest of the show, and I was going to do it all again the next day in Cleveland!

----------

First was in the very beginning during Roar she was doing her thing being all fierce, then she saw me and made the biggest smile!  She remembered!  We all know how amazing that smile is, but when you're the one who brings it out, that's on a whole new level of awesome!  Before the show, I was telling the people in front of me about my shirt, her onesie, and the night before, and when it happened, the one lady turned around and said, "She saw you!!"

The rest of the show was incredible as always.  The kid she brought on stage, Robbie, was awesome!

----------

AHHH!!! So freakin cool!! How fun!!  I can't wait for my show!  I hope I have a cool story to tell like this...

Transparency is the new mystery. -- AM
9/30/14 - PWT Denver
10/11/14 - PWT Houston
twitter: @luvchelsearose

Offline robotindisguise87

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
Aww, awesome review Rex! Glad you had an amazing experience!  :firework:

Also, the video of her laughing during WOA is the cutest thing ever
Melbourne CDT - 28/4/11
Sydney KP3D Premiere -30/6/12
Sydney Sunrise Concert - 29/10/13
Belfast PWT - 7/05/14