Author Topic: PRISMATIC TOUR - Tell us about YOUR experience : was it good or was it good ?  (Read 8498 times)

Offline flapfkp

• Little Voyeur
  • It is all so simple, just deal with it
(Note: any directions mentioned are from the perspective of facing the stage from the audience.)

I went to the show last night in Sunrise, FL. I've been to many a concert, and this was by far the most visually enticing and the spectacle was unreal. I had an RS ticket that said the show was to start at 7, so I got there at 6, right when the doors open. To my surprise, the line at the RS entrance was relatively short, and just getting there when the doors opened proved to be perfect for getting a good spot in the pit. Once I walked in (and got comments from confused employees as to why I was wearing a Led Zeppelin shirt at a Katy Perry concert), I entered a pretty empty RS. Of course, the short walls on the catwalk were completely covered with people, but instead of going behind them or immediately turning towards the crowd, I continued straight and went towards the other exit/entrance of the pit where there was nobody was standing. I stood right where the left catwalk of sorts beings to incline, so the stage was slanted up near my eye level. As you can see from my signature in the second .gif, it's pretty damn close.

After waiting for 45 minutes, Ferras showed up right at 7. To be honest, I couldn't tell if he was good or not because the subwoofer was literally 3 feet from me and it was ridiculously loud (I later learned that the bass levels were reduced for the other acts). He played for close to 30 minutes, and immediately the stage guys started removing all of Ferras' equipment and getting ready for Capital Cities. Just a few minutes prior to 8, they showed up and started playing. They got the crowd into it, and they played for close to 40 minutes. Finally, they started removing their equipment and setting up Katy's.

Just after 9, over 2 1/2 hours after I got into the RS, the lights turned black and 15000+ people started screaming. The intro was amazing, and her entrance was chilling (see below).

The 2 1/2+ hours of waiting seemed like an eternity, but once Katy started, the show went by in what seemed like 10 minutes. The only thing that sucks (although I knew about this in advance) was that her back was turned to us during the acoustic set where she does most of her talking. Nothing you could do about that I guess. Also, she seemed to favor the right catwalk more than the left (the one I was up against). The performance however, was just spectacular. Her voice was spot on. I often say she sometimes can be a bit off live, but this was a nearly perfect performance. Also, she made eye contact for like a second and a half, but that made my night. If it wasn't for the waiting prior, the show would be an 11/10. Unfortunately, I can only give 10/10 because of that. Best concert of my life.

The two videos I've posted are Roar and Firework:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFfuKTUJ1DA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jgZSApH6fc

Thanks forum for all your tips and advice on getting the most out of the show. Don't think I would have gotten the RS ticket if it wasn't for all your stories.

07/02/14 Sunrise, FL
08/17/14 St. Louis, MO
10/11/14 Houston, TX

Katycat # 133136
@flapfkp

Offline BellaHudson

• Wants a Taste Test
  • Candyfornia dreaming <3
I went to her Tampa show on Monday. It was incredible! I arrived at 1pm and waited in the heat all day. I met some amazing people during the hours of waiting though!

I got to the very tip of the triangle. She came over to me while I was crying and grabbed my hand for almost 10 seconds. She looked directly at me the whole time she was holding it. I will cherish that memory forever!

I didn't have the early entry pass and still got to the spot I wanted to be! Just do everything in your power to be there as early as possible. It was an amazing experience and now I am suffering from post concert depression lol.

I'm so relieved after reading about your experience.. I don't have early entrance either, and I was afraid it would be impossible to get to that spot... but I'll just get there as early as I can and hope for the best!!
09/23/11 - Rio de Janeiro
09/25/11 - Sao Paulo
07/30/12 - Rio de Janeiro
10/13/12 - New York City
10/14/12 - New York City
11/30/12 - New York City

Offline Kelseymillerr

• Wannabe
  • Katy Perry all day every day <3
I went to both South Florida stops and loved every second of it! The one on July 2nd was a little bit better in my opinion! Everyone loved my costumes! You may have seen, but I was a birthday present! Super bummed it wasn't my birthday though because I really do think I could have been onstage for birthday! The people at the booth were super disappointed when I told them it wasn't my birthday month :( but besides that everyone at the venue was so nice! Wanted to take pictures with is which was cool! The actually concert was phenomenal! It's so crazy to go from watching her at Warped Tour and seeing her now! She has turned into such a powerhouse performer! Katy interacted with the audience...a lot which I loved! She of course was super cute and hilarious! During birthday when she was flying around on the balloons she flew right over us and actually saw us and pointed/waved and said "that's so cute!" All I wanted is for her to see our costume and the fact that he did, and loved it made me so happy!
Last night was a lot of fun too but they people that were there were nowhere near as friendly as the night before. Don't get me wrong I met a handful of nice people and I finally got to meet Lazyblazy ! She's so sweet, super funny, and super laid back! She inspired me because she literally has the kind of job that I want to miraculously get someday! Katy was awesome!
All in all these passed two days have been so amazing and I had so much fun! I will totally post some pictures when I get on my computer later!
My advice for you is to DRESS UP! Especially if it is your birthday! Be original and creative! It's so much fun!
Also please just be nice to others when you are there! There is no need to diss or be rude to another fan, we are in this together!
Sorry for this lengthy post!
HAPPY 4th !!! 

Offline stpetekatycat

• Got a Bloody Knee
  • Flowers in her hair, she don't care.
Wow, so it really was a booth thing? Dang! I wish I woulda known! So glad you had fun though- your costume in person was even more adorable than I could imagine!  :strawberry:

I love Katy Perry and I raise ducks. :')

Offline sunnystarzx

• Is Ready
  • Still Breakin' in the New Shoes.
EEEEEK I can't wait to experience it all over again!
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.

Offline Carmenxox

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • I can see the writing on the wall
Thank you for sharing guys :) I know it wasn't that long ago that I attended PWT but reading everyone else's experience is making me all excited again for Amsterdam!

(Jess - If you are reading this I will pay you for the ticket next month if that's cool :))

Proud Katycat #5998

Offline stpetekatycat

• Got a Bloody Knee
My experiences in Tampa and Miami were both phenomenal. I had RS in Tampa and first level seats in Miami. I cried both times, of course.  :hehe:

Some people recognized me from her movie. Someone even got out Netflix on their phone and played the clip of me, which is both wonderful and embarrassing!

I got to meet Ferras, Johnny and Sarah!

I would like to believe it was me she was looking at a few times, because she recognized me... and I'll continue to believe that no matter what.  ;)

I definitely did see her take a quick pause mid-sentence to read my sign. I guess it was a little confusing! It said "Katycats know you bring the double rainbow." Cheesy, but I like to rhyme, so whatever!

I would like to specifically give a huge tip of my hat to the band. The piano player got my tears flowing during his beautiful opening of BTGOG. The sunflowers/butterflies didn't hurt anything, either! And when the guitarists go up in the air and sparks shoot from the tip of the guitars... wow!

And finally, I'd like to mention I can't get Gin n' Juice out of my head!  :lol:

My favorite pictures (excluding me meeting people!):

(During ROAR!)

She never ceases to amaze me. The shows were beyond anything I ever expected. Completely cathartic. I could not have been happier. <3

Offline katyscookies

• Wannabe
  • OG KATYCAT BRUH
PWT IS SO GOOD! I would go again a million times! I was in the seats of the lower level an I was still really close, especially when she rode on the balloons during birthday! If anybody has any tickets they're selling I will gladly buy them, PWT is fab!
❋katyscookies❋

Offline Iced Diamonds

• Wannabe Stalker
  • I love angel eggs
AAAHHHH reading all your experiences are really hyping me up for my shows  :lol:
♥ 7th May, Auckland, NZ - The most magical night ever - I MET KATY ♥♥♥!! I ♥ you KPF!
Katycat #2407

Offline katypfan1999

• **LET THE LIGHT IN!**
My experiences in Tampa and Miami were both phenomenal. I had RS in Tampa and first level seats in Miami. I cried both times, of course.  :hehe:

Some people recognized me from her movie. Someone even got out Netflix on their phone and played the clip of me, which is both wonderful and embarrassing!

I would like to believe it was me she was looking at a few times, because she recognized me... and I'll continue to believe that no matter what.  ;)

I definitely did see her take a quick pause mid-sentence to read my sign. I guess it was a little confusing! It said "Katycats know you bring the double rainbow." Cheesy, but I like to rhyme, so whatever!

I would like to specifically give a huge tip of my hat to the band. The piano player got my tears flowing during his beautiful opening of BTGOG. The sunflowers/butterflies didn't hurt anything, either! And when the guitarists go up in the air and sparks shoot from the tip of the guitars... wow!

And finally, I'd like to mention I can't get Gin n' Juice out of my head!  :lol:

(During ROAR!)

She never ceases to amaze me. The shows were beyond anything I ever expected. Completely cathartic. I could not have been happier. <3
Question; where were you in the movie? I'd love to see you!

Offline robotindisguise87

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
Fabulous photos stpetekatycat!!
Melbourne CDT - 28/4/11
Sydney KP3D Premiere -30/6/12
Sydney Sunrise Concert - 29/10/13
Belfast PWT - 7/05/14
Belfast PWT - 8/05/14
Perth PWT - 7/11/14
Perth PWT - 8/11/14

Offline katypfan1999

• **LET THE LIGHT IN!**

(During ROAR!)

I love the first 3 so much! She's so fuckin' beautiful, it's unexplainable  :dreamboat:

Offline Peanutbutterpiekitty

• Wannabe Wannabe
  • Katycat
???
Hi! 1st time posting to a forum. I'm 37 and feel 87 from figuring out forums, Instagram, etc. too many places for pics I get stressed!!!!
I have found comfort in this forum though because it is a wealth of info!!!! You all rock the kasbah!
With that I need some advice....
Taking my daughter to her first concert ever.... Had to be Katy.. She is almost 9. I do wish it was more like a week long mom /daughter thing but this works. It cost me about the same :)
I definitely agree with many of you about the VIP/RS vs regular RS... I knew this would be DDs 1st concert so grabbed them but for $300/each?!!I got those for July 12th at Prudential Center.
I also have 2 tickets for section E row 4 for the July 11th show.
Question is which do we go to? My sister going to use what my daughter and I don't. Will my daughter (and I at only 5'4") be wY to vertically challenged in RS?? But would there be better chance for us to high 5 katy and/or dancers (DD already swore never would wash hand ever again :) heck same with me!
But section E row 4 seems close too where DD could see front of Katy during acoustic.
Any advice sooooooooooo appreciated!!!! I am sooooo excited!
Thanks KPF and all KKs!!!!!
 :flowerpower:

Offline stpetekatycat

• Got a Bloody Knee
Thanks guys! :) I'm really glad I got to take my nice camera!

Question; where were you in the movie? I'd love to see you!

Around 10 - 15 minutes in. She's talking about the "look in her fans' eyes," and it goes to a shot of me crying/jumping for a few seconds. Real flattering stuff there.  ;)

Offline stpetekatycat

• Got a Bloody Knee
???
Hi! 1st time posting to a forum. I'm 37 and feel 87 from figuring out forums, Instagram, etc. too many places for pics I get stressed!!!!
I have found comfort in this forum though because it is a wealth of info!!!! You all rock the kasbah!
With that I need some advice....
Taking my daughter to her first concert ever.... Had to be Katy.. She is almost 9. I do wish it was more like a week long mom /daughter thing but this works. It cost me about the same :)
I definitely agree with many of you about the VIP/RS vs regular RS... I knew this would be DDs 1st concert so grabbed them but for $300/each?!!I got those for July 12th at Prudential Center.
I also have 2 tickets for section E row 4 for the July 11th show.
Question is which do we go to? My sister going to use what my daughter and I don't. Will my daughter (and I at only 5'4") be wY to vertically challenged in RS?? But would there be better chance for us to high 5 katy and/or dancers (DD already swore never would wash hand ever again :) heck same with me!
But section E row 4 seems close too where DD could see front of Katy during acoustic.
Any advice sooooooooooo appreciated!!!! I am sooooo excited!
Thanks KPF and all KKs!!!!!
 :flowerpower:

Hmm, maybe someone else will have better input than me, but as far as your seats, you can't do much about the location of them (concerning moving around the venue). Still sounds like they're really great seats though, so I wouldn't stress about them!

The RS for me was not very crowded. The edges will definitely be plastered with people, so if you want to be someone who physically touches the catwalk/back triangle, get there early and plan on gluing yourself to that spot. Still though, I'm 5' 6" and I was able to see just fine. I didn't attach myself to a wall though, so I moved freely during the show... I spent some time in the front, the back, the sides and the very spacious middle! :) In fact, I really enjoyed that freedom of moving around so much, because I got to dance and jump to my heart's content without hitting people.

So basically, go early if her possibly grabbing your hand is your biggest priority, but also be chill if it doesn't happen- you don't want to spend any time being disappointed, because it is a matter of luck anyway. If your daughter can't see from there or is unhappy in that spot, try to make your way to the center. If she can't see right away, don't worry- as Katy moves, the crowd moves, so new viewing spots will open up! Have a great time!