Author Topic: PRISMATIC TOUR - Tell us about YOUR experience : was it good or was it good ?  (Read 5126 times)

Offline cherry_chapstick

• Reading Hemingway
  • All of your charms have worked on me
Literally tear up reading all these stories! What a truly amazing, generous and GENUINE person our Katy is. How amazing  :dreamboat: :firework:
~ Nicole/24/Australia ~

PWT - November 21, 2014 :firework:
PWT - December 13, 2014

Offline KatyCat Joe

• Wannabe
  • Katycat
I'm glad 4 u, that's great! I'm hoping for a m&g too sometime. I've tried EVERY contest there is, but no luck yet. They call me KatyCat Joe. I luv Katys songs & her heart of gold! She is so kind & generous & adorable, & loyal to her fans too. There will never be another Katy, she's one of a kind!

Offline 4va2000

• Wannabe Wannabe
  • Katycat
Love reading all these incredible stories of meeting Katy!  Keep it up and for those who have already shared - THANK YOU!!!

Offline smittysmurry

• Wannabe
  • Katycat
All these stories are so moving!! I can't wait for the Toronto show! Keep these stories coming :)

Offline xheatherxpx

• Wannabe
  • Katycat
I went to the 28th of May show and had reflection section tickets (never been happier to see a ticket arrive in my life). So me and my friend got there at around 9am and made friends with some of the girls in the queue. They were so lovely and I still speak to them now! Even better, me and one if them have now bought tickets to see Katy in France as well! Thanks Katy for helping me meet other Katycats and bringing us together!

Offline sunnystarzx

• Is Ready
  • Still Breakin' in the New Shoes.
I went to the 28th of May show and had reflection section tickets (never been happier to see a ticket arrive in my life). So me and my friend got there at around 9am and made friends with some of the girls in the queue. They were so lovely and I still speak to them now! Even better, me and one if them have now bought tickets to see Katy in France as well! Thanks Katy for helping me meet other Katycats and bringing us together!

Carmen and I were in RS too! :)
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.

Offline KatysTwinBrother

• Reading Hemingway
  • You're gonna hear me rooaaaarrr!!
I had a FANTASTIC time  :firework: , but of course there were some bad moments. :( So, 1st with the bad...

I purchased 3 tickets.. one for my brother, a friend, and me. I got in with no problem, but they wouldn't let my brother nor my friend enter... saying that the tickets were already scanned and printed FIVE times.. accusing me of selling/giving them to other people.  :eyes: I only printed them ONCE. I had to leave the RS to talk to someone about it. I left the tickets at Will Call, because they couldn't get in early since they had seats away up high. After some persuasiveness and checking to see that the seats were empty, they allowed them to enter. Most of the staff were very friendly.

So, enough of that. Here is the good news...

It was my very 1st time seeing her. I went to the tip of the RS, but I saw Katy more in the back of the triangle than anywhere. She was on the tip a lot too, but not as much as the back. She was right at me a few times. When she saw the picture I drew of her, I could tell by her body language she really liked it. I just smiled back at her. She touched my hand too! I loved the videos on screen... esp for International Smile. I can't pick a fav performance, but I really did enjoy Birthday, Roar, and ET.

I met 2 great girls/ladies named Warren and Jessica beside me at RS. It was the 1st time that Jessica (not to be confused with one in the KatyCatCam video) been to a Katy concert, but for Warren... she had been to all 3 of her tours (if I remember correctly). Jessica saved my spot too. I wanted to interview them, but my battery was dropping from the many texts and calls that I couldn't hear for the music. They were sooo cool and sweet. I hope to meet them again. I also met a die-hard KatyCat, but didn't get her name. I only remember that she had pink and blue hair with her hair in two "balls", Prism tattoo on her cheek, Prism shirt, and cat pj's on. So many people complimented me on my outfit. One guy said that I was the Ultimate tiger and gave me a high 5. Kids there loved my drawings of Katy.

I was going to buy the backpack and a black tour shirt, but just bought the tour book, and a couple of posters (one for me and one for my niece).

The only thing that would have made the event even better was to meet her, but I understand the reasons why she didn't. I want to see her again. If so, I hope she can at least remember me. That is if she sees me again.

Nashville - 06/27/2014

Offline katykicksass

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • Once a KatyCat, Always a KatyCat
Awesome! For anyone whose attending shows already...what time does Katy come on and what time does she finish?
06/30/2011 Toronto @ Air Canada Centre
07/18/2014 Toronto @ Air Canada Centre
07/21/2014 Toronto @ Air Canada Centre

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• don't be basic
Awesome! For anyone whose attending shows already...what time does Katy come on and what time does she finish?
Comes on 9ish, finishes 11ish (at least for the UK)

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline katrieberkatycat

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • Katy makes my heart happy.
(I hope it's still okay to post about the UK experiences! I didn't have a M+G though.)
I went to see Katy FOUR times, and I am so grateful for every opportunity!

20th May - Manchester We (my boyfriend, my friend and I) arrived at the arena at about midday?! The queuing system was absolutely terrible, RS was with GS and it was all confusion!
The show itself was amazing though, I started crying as soon as I saw the stage and didn't stop until "Happy" started playing, as everyone was leaving at the show was over!
I had RS tickets, and got to the right side of the triangle, we could touch the stage! And we did, repeatedly, and got warnings by the event stewards that were there lol. Katy was SO close, we could almost touch her (and I did!) My favourite part was the acoustic section, although I couldn't really see her face!

After the show we went walking around Manchester in search of food, and we bumped into two of katy's dancers - Cassidy and Tracy, who were a little shocked that we recognised them as being part of Katy's show! We took photos and had a conversation too :)

21st May - Liverpool We slept in the car overnight because we spent all of our money on Katy tickets and couldn't actually afford a hotel, it was quite funny. We arrived in Liverpool at about 4am but didn't start queuing until 11ish because we were hungry and wanted food lol. We ended up in the same spot as the night before (we had RS again)! I met Josh and gave him a drawing of Katy and a letter, and we took a photo! He was so lovely!
The show was equally amazing as the night before, and maybe a little better because RS was filled with Katycats! I didn't cry as much, but katy singing Hey Jude made me tear up a little bit!
After the show, we waited outside for Katy until maybe 1am, and she drove past us with her window rolled up. I think she must have been tired! We met Cassidy again, and I got him to sign my banner :)

28th May - London
This was by far the best show out of the four! I had GS, and after queuing for over 12 hours I got to the barrier! We were again, surrounded by katycats which made this show even better :) I had a drawing of Katy on my sign and it got onto the big screen, and she looked at me while singing unconditionally! I only have one photo though, because I kind of wanted to just look at her back!

This is longgggggggg. Hopefully you guys don't mind lol. And I guess thanks for possibly reading about three of the greatest experiences of my life :)
26/10/11 CDT + got on stage
17/10/13 Met the lady herself!
20/05/14, 21/05/14, 28/05/14, 30/05/14 Prismatic world tour

Twitter http://twitter.com/katrieber

Offline ikatycat_

• Lost Control
  • Be yourself and you can be anything ♥
reading these make me so happy! my tour date is in 73 days!

Offline katykicksass

• Once a KatyCat, Always a KatyCat
Reading these and seeing all the pics makes me more and more excited for my shows. My first show is in 17 days.
06/30/2011 Toronto @ Air Canada Centre
07/18/2014 Toronto @ Air Canada Centre
07/21/2014 Toronto @ Air Canada Centre

Offline krissygari

• Wannabe
  • No regrets just love
I went to her Tampa show on Monday. It was incredible! I arrived at 1pm and waited in the heat all day. I met some amazing people during the hours of waiting though!

I got to the very tip of the triangle. She came over to me while I was crying and grabbed my hand for almost 10 seconds. She looked directly at me the whole time she was holding it. I will cherish that memory forever!

I didn't have the early entry pass and still got to the spot I wanted to be! Just do everything in your power to be there as early as possible. It was an amazing experience and now I am suffering from post concert depression lol.

Offline catarinab123

• Wannabe
  • Katycat
Where does katy spend most time on stage? I have a ga ticket and I was wondering where I should stand? :watermelon:

Offline krissygari

• Wannabe
  • No regrets just love
Where does katy spend most time on stage? I have a ga ticket and I was wondering where I should stand? :watermelon:

It really depends on what experience you are aiming for. I was at the very tip of the triangle where she did her acoustic performances. She does come up and touch hands and get very close to that spot. I loved it, but had an obstructed view  of the main stage where her more exciting fast paced performances are. I believe she spent the most time on the main stage, but she does move around quite a bit so any spot is great.

I wouldn't change my spot though. Having her hold my hand was magical!