Author Topic: Meeting Katy on tour?  (Read 1677 times)

Offline Chloe_Katycat

• Out to Lunch
  • Let the Light In
Meeting Katy on tour?
« on: May 03, 2014, 04:55:37 PM »
Hey Katycats,
I am going down to Manchester on 24/5/14 to try and meet Katy because on all my  PWT dates I won't have time because of school  :twitch: and also I'm going to Glasgow and lets just say I'm not familiar with the city.
So basically 24th May is my MISSION: Meet Katy! I would be more than a little devastated if I didn't  :'(
Anyway where would be good places to look for her? I don't wanna sound like I'm invading her privacy. I just want this so much. Will she stop by the gates at the Phones 4 u Arena? Will she come out of The Lowry?
Also if I worked like super, extra hard... Could I meet her?!?!?! I mean it's like my dream... If I don't win the other Claire's competition, this is like my only other chance...
Thanks kittens  :pinkbow:

CDT 31/10/11 MEN Arena, Manchester
PWT 18/5/14 SSE Hydro, Glasgow
PWT 20/5/14 Phones4u Arena, Manchester
PWT 23/5/14 Motorpoint Arena, Sheffield
GIFSoup

Offline Squeeniex27

• Makes Cupcakes Cry
  • The light has come
Re: Meeting Katy on tour?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 07:24:29 PM »
On tour, I have a feeling she will meet some fans. She will probably pick them from the crowd
Prism: let the light in

Offline Chloe_Katycat

• Out to Lunch
  • Let the Light In
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 11:47:29 AM »
Thx anyway but that's not really what I meant. Anyone else?
GIFSoup

Offline TheMouse

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 03:02:46 PM »
I think the best chance for you is to hang around the arena before and after, there will be enough of her fans doing that, just look out for them looking out for her. There's a chance of it, maybe, but don't set your mind on it as if your entire happiness depended on it. It doesn't, even if sometimes it feels as if. Mainly, be happy you're going to the show!

The day my friend told me that I'm '...a natural blues singer...' (August 12th 2014) Why can't every day be like that? 

IthinkIwouldcommitsuicideanytimeifitsavedkaty'slifebecauseI'velivedmineandtheworldneedshermore

:firework: :frolickingghost: :firework: :frolickingghost: :firework:

Offline RallyRex

• Wesley Willis
  • Katy liked my pizza shirt at PWT Ohio. :)
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 07:10:32 PM »
I think the best chance for you is to hang around the arena before and after, there will be enough of her fans doing that, just look out for them looking out for her. There's a chance of it, maybe, but don't set your mind on it as if your entire happiness depended on it. It doesn't, even if sometimes it feels as if. Mainly, be happy you're going to the show!

Great advice!  This is going to be my strategy also.  I don't want to be that annoying pest trying to invade her privacy either, so I'm going to just go down fairly early and hang out around the arena itself...keeping my eye out for where people tend to gather.  All venues are different, but the way my arena is set up is tricky in that all the tour buses and vehicles park nowhere close to anywhere accessible by the general public, so unless Katy chooses to go closer to an area where people are, she won't be seen going into the arena.

Like Mouse said too, I'm also going to have the mindset that I won't even see her, let alone meet her, so I'm not super disappointed if (and probably when) it doesn't happen.  Good luck!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 07:35:59 PM by RallyRex »
Twitter: @RallyRex1
PWT: | 7/22/14 | 8/2/14 | 8/13/14 | 8/14/14 | 10/11/14 |

Offline Chloe_Katycat

• Out to Lunch
  • Let the Light In
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 04:37:50 AM »

Great advice!  This is going to be my strategy also.  I don't want to be that annoying pest trying to invade her privacy either, so I'm going to just go down fairly early and hang out around the arena itself...keeping my eye out for where people tend to gather.  All venues are different, but the way my arena is set up is tricky in that all the tour buses and vehicles park nowhere close to anywhere accessible by the general public, so unless Katy chooses to go closer to an area where people are, she won't be seen going into the arena.

Like Mouse said too, I'm also going to have the mindset that I won't even see her, let alone meet her, so I'm not super disappointed if (and probably when) it doesn't happen.  Good luck!

Thanks guys! This helped! Just gotta keep my fingers crossed!
GIFSoup

Offline RoCk_StAr_GiRl

• Reading Hemingway
  • Glitter all over the room....
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2014, 07:59:34 AM »
The Hydro in Glasgow is annoying in that it's such a big venue I think they drive in...don't let that out you off though, I once met Lady Gaga (don't kill me...I used to be a big fan!) after her gig in Newcastle when her tour bus was driving out. She saw us waiting, stopped, and invited us one by one to get on the bus and have a quick picture taken with her. Apparently she was ill so didnt want to catch a cold outside but also didn't want to dismiss fans who had waited hours in the cold to see her.

Offline Inbal

• Wannabe w. more posts
  • Katycat
Meeting Katy
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2014, 05:17:42 AM »
Hey,
I'm going to see "The Prismatic World Tour" in London in two weeks, it's my first and probably the only time I would be able to see Katy's show live.. I spent a lot of money for flying tickets, show ticket, hotel etc., because she never comes to my country and I guess she never will...
There are no meet and greet tickets at this show and I registered to "Claire's" contest but I don't have any other idea of how to meet her..

Can you please help me? It's really important to me and I know some of you met her.

Thank you

Offline luisafonseca

• U think you're a Genius!
  • letting the light in
Re: Meeting Katy
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2014, 08:41:29 PM »
about KPF's M&G contest in this tour:http://katyperryforum.com/index.php?topic=15949.0

Offline sparkleattack

• Left The Gas On
  • ~sparkle face~
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2014, 09:26:10 AM »
I was wondering the same thing. I know there are currently no M&G details on this forum...but I am seeing pictures pop-up of peeps who met Katy on this tour. Did they all have a VIP ticket?
2014 - May 31st - Prismatic World Tour - London o2 Arena
2015 - March 9th - Prismatic World Tour - Amsterdam Ziggo Dome

Offline emakatycat

• Face Down in the Porcelain
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2014, 09:43:45 AM »
I was wondering the same thing. I know there are currently no M&G details on this forum...but I am seeing pictures pop-up of peeps who met Katy on this tour. Did they all have a VIP ticket?

the only m&g photos i've seen are people who got it through make a wish foundation

Offline aims____

• Shake the Glitter!
  • Katycat
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2014, 09:45:54 AM »
They just got lucky. There's two girls who dressed up as Taco's and Katy wanted to meet them! Tamra told them to come over 'cause Katy wanted to get a photo with them.

Newcastle Hello Katy Tour - 26.08.2009
Newcastle California Dreams Tour - 03.04.2011
Newcastle California Dreams Tour - 27.10.2011
Newcastle Prismatic World Tour RS - 10.05.2014
Liverpool Prismatic World Tour RS - 21.05.2014
Manchester Prismatic World Tour RS - 24.05.2014

I met Tamra! 10/05/2014

Offline kittykatyjess

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • Let the Light In.
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2014, 11:40:04 PM »
They just got lucky. There's two girls who dressed up as Taco's and Katy wanted to meet them! Tamra told them to come over 'cause Katy wanted to get a photo with them.

yikes. maybe she really does want people to dress up for this tour. maybe ill go as 'katys other taco' or a giant poop emoji.
because legends never die.

Offline Lady Kenobi

• U think you're a Genius!
  • No regrets, just love
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2014, 02:45:58 AM »
The Hydro in Glasgow is annoying in that it's such a big venue I think they drive in...don't let that out you off though, I once met Lady Gaga (don't kill me...I used to be a big fan!) after her gig in Newcastle when her tour bus was driving out. She saw us waiting, stopped, and invited us one by one to get on the bus and have a quick picture taken with her. Apparently she was ill so didnt want to catch a cold outside but also didn't want to dismiss fans who had waited hours in the cold to see her.

Wow, that was so cool of her! I have read great stories of little monsters meeting Gaga (don't kill me too).

Offline NomadsGirl4ever

• Know it all
  • Do it ALL again...
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2014, 09:12:22 AM »
How were they noticed?

By the grace of God... I finally met Katy!  :firework: