Author Topic: Any correlation between being a Katy fan and liking cats?  (Read 1883 times)

Offline Olivia

• Calendar Bitch
  • Is Ready
  • http://yoppappop.blogspot.fr/
Re: Any correlation between being a Katy fan and liking cats?
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2014, 02:42:33 PM »
no, that implies that by "mascot" she meant "pet". Poor girl, she doesn't know the confusion she brought to the world using this word instead of the other...
Again, she will NOT change her show for only 1 country of the world tour, THAT makes no sense.
Or maybe we should all just wait and see. Or i'll ask her in London.

How are you going to meet her in London?  I thought she wasn't doing any meet and greets on this tour?

She is nicely doing one forum m&g on May 28th. You missed the chaos of when the thread was posted, apparently.

And OneOfKatysBoys said "no" to Katy bringing someone dressed up as Butter on stage. Because it's not going to happen. As to why it's not going to happen, i would suggest my 2 to 3 previous answers, i.e. she's not going to modify a fully rehearsed world tour show just for 1 country.

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • don't be basic
« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2014, 03:10:18 PM »
^^^ If Katy does have a dog mascot on stage it will be a person dressed in a dog costume. She did the same with her California Dreams Tour except it was a Kitty Purry mascot. There will be no actual dog on stage I assure you.

Butters is her pet, nothing more.

But the point I'm trying to make is that she aparently plans to have a person dressed as Butters on stage in the US but not in the UK.
no.........

Instead of just saying "no", how about telling me what I said in my post that is incorrect or you don't agree with?
I guess I just didn't say anything else and just left a lot of ellipsis cause I was so confused as to why you thought that. OK, I'll try and sort this thing out myself, though I'll probably fail to because you seem to always have something to say back until the thread gets closed. Katy is not going to be bringing a dog onstage or incorporating dogs into her show, I don't know why you thought that, but no one has said it. Butters is her 'tour mascot' to keep her company on the road in the US and that's it, he is not part of her show, and he is just a pet, not a show dog. That is all.

And honestly, we really do support people being themselves on KPF, I can definitely relate to what you said, this the place where I can come to obsessively talk about Katy non-stop because I am a huge fan of her and she's a big part of my life. And in doing that I also feel a sense of being able to express myself in certain ways here cause I don't (or try not to) talk all the time about Katy in real life. People aren't against you expressing yourself here per se, it's just that you, in particular, often come up with the (no offense) most strange, far-fetched and untrue ideas about Katy and I don't know if you've noticed but you are very persistent in arguing your points, things often just get out of hand and you sometimes say quite rude things to people (maybe without noticing) even if they are wrong, and when people try and tell you that they are wrong you often refuse to believe or accept what they are saying and that has just lead to numerous arguments involving you starting on the forum (I mean looking at the posts on this thread, there even seems to be one starting now about dogs vs. cats of all things), and that is probably why you think you often don't get supported when you say a lot of things on here.

And yes, for now Katy is doing one forum M&G on the tour (if this one goes well, it's possible that there could be more on the tour so keep your eyes peeled) at the London show on Wednesday. http://katyperryforum.com/index.php?topic=16195.0
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 03:46:55 PM by OneOfKatysBoys »

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline flapfkp

• Little Voyeur
  • It is all so simple, just deal with it
« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2014, 03:19:15 PM »
I hope you can understand the post I'm about to write, and I will do it as clearly and respectfully as possible:

When she says Butters is on tour with her, it means he will travel with her. That is all. Nothing to do with the stage. It also does not mean there will be a giant costume of him like there was in the last tour.

I don't think there is anything even resembling evidence supporting your "stigma against cat" idea. Her deciding to have Butters in the US only is because taking a dog (or cat for that matter) overseas is a pain in the ass to say the least. There is no deeper meaning to all this. It is simply most practical for Katy.

07/02/14 Sunrise, FL
08/17/14 St. Louis, MO
10/11/14 Houston, TX

Katycat # 133136
@flapfkp

Offline mitsguy2001

• Real Fan
  • Katycat
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2014, 03:42:42 PM »
I think the confusion is because I have not heard the word "mascot" to mean "pet".

For what it's worth, Katy does make changes to her concerts.  Based on posts I've read her, during her California Dreams Tour, some concerts included "The One That Got Away", others did not, and at least one (Birmingham) had a mashup up "The One That Got Away" and Adele's "Someone Like You".  And I read that her concert in Brazil added a samba.  Adding a dog or changing costumes wouldn't be too big a deal.

The other thing that still makes no sense to me is, if Katy can't bring Kitty Purry on tour in the US since cats don't travel well (which I agree with), why does she think a dog would travel better?  Wouldn't a dog need more space than a cat?  And wouldn't a dog need a daily walk, which a cat would not need?  I would picture dogs travelling even worse than cats.  But maybe I just don't know enough about dogs.

Offline flapfkp

• Little Voyeur
  • It is all so simple, just deal with it
« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2014, 03:44:31 PM »
Again, I think I don't think Katy and the PWT team have put as much thought into this as you have; there isn't any real reason or logistical loss/gain by bringing the dog. If she brought the cat, it wouldn't make a difference either.

07/02/14 Sunrise, FL
08/17/14 St. Louis, MO
10/11/14 Houston, TX

Katycat # 133136
@flapfkp

Offline Olivia

• Calendar Bitch
  • Is Ready
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2014, 03:58:22 PM »
dogs travel better than cats cause cats are very territorial (well-known fact), where dogs are not. Although they do come with the daily/more than daily walk, they could have that walk pretty much anywhere, where cats would rather stay in their usual environment that they consider their "kingdom" and are kind enough to welcome you in it. Dogs don't work that way, from the moment they're with their master, they're good. Hence the "it's easier to travel with dogs than with cats". Plus it's a small dog, it wouldn't take much space.

And a change in a song or incorporation of a 5 minutes samba segment is VERY different than changing the whole concept of a show (or even an act of a show) ! You have no idea of the work involved for costumes creation and staging and sets, apparently. And it's a WORLD TOUR, so there has to be a unity in it, appart from very few changes to hint at some country traditions, she won't change much. Unless she does a second leg of this tour, but we're still talking about the 1st leg which has just begun.

Why can't you just see when you're wrong ? Is it that difficult for you ? Or are you just stuck in a neverending mind-loop ? You keep digging and digging... always.

Offline steviep24

• Fierce
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2014, 05:25:43 PM »
^^^ If Katy does have a dog mascot on stage it will would be a person dressed in a dog costume. She did the same with her California Dreams Tour except it was a Kitty Purry mascot. There will would be no actual dog on stage I assure you.

Butters is her pet, nothing more.
I should clarify that Katy actually having a dog mascot in her concerts during the North American leg of her tour is very unlikely.

Also, I changed the wording in my quote.
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Offline mitsguy2001

• Real Fan
  • Katycat
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2014, 08:11:32 PM »
dogs travel better than cats cause cats are very territorial (well-known fact), where dogs are not. Although they do come with the daily/more than daily walk, they could have that walk pretty much anywhere, where cats would rather stay in their usual environment that they consider their "kingdom" and are kind enough to welcome you in it. Dogs don't work that way, from the moment they're with their master, they're good. Hence the "it's easier to travel with dogs than with cats". Plus it's a small dog, it wouldn't take much space.

Thank you for finally posting something intelligent that actually answered my question.

And a change in a song or incorporation of a 5 minutes samba segment is VERY different than changing the whole concept of a show (or even an act of a show) ! You have no idea of the work involved for costumes creation and staging and sets, apparently.

While I see your point, your "You have no idea . . ." line is just rude and not necessary.

[quote[ And it's a WORLD TOUR, so there has to be a unity in it, appart from very few changes to hint at some country traditions, she won't change much. Unless she does a second leg of this tour, but we're still talking about the 1st leg which has just begun. [/quote]

What does adding or removing "The One that Got Away" have to do with countries traditions?

Why can't you just see when you're wrong ? Is it that difficult for you ? Or are you just stuck in a neverending mind-loop ? You keep digging and digging... always.[/color]

Again, why the need to be so rude to me for no reason?  You and others are fast to accuse me of being rude.  But don't you yourself see that you are being rude to me for no reason?  You took a perfectly valid response, where you answered my question with a logical argument, and then you threw it away with unnecessary rudeness.

Offline TheMouse

• Know it all
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2014, 09:12:26 PM »
Sometimes I read through threads on here and just cry. Anyone else?
Since I've now returned from attending the show five times I actually laugh my head off about thus thread.

And, yes, as an eye, ear and full body witness (boom boom boom) of being next to the stage for 10 hours so far I guarantee it is absolutely and irreversibly impossible to bring a dog, cat, horse or hamster onto that stage -  any animal would simply die of fright and panic.   

❤ Kitty Purry is my favorite cat ❤

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline Olivia

• Calendar Bitch
  • Is Ready
« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2014, 04:25:29 AM »
telling you that you have apparently no idea of how something works is not rude, it's just a statement.

I've never told you you were rude, but i did think out loud that you can be a pain at some times (yes, this is rude, but i have to say it because you don't seem to notice it by yourself and it could help you in the future in maybe modifying your behaviour on the forum to be less perceived as a pain, so really, i'm trying to help you here).

Matching some traditions was an EXEMPLE of the reasons that could lead to a small change or addition of a small element into the set, but OF COURSE, you pick the ONE CHANGE that has nothing to do with tradition and tell me "but this has nothing to do with tradition"... Seriously ? Can't you see it ?

Last words on this, cause i've said everything i wanted to : the fact that can't seem to see the reason people loose their patience around you doesn't mean that "we"'re being mean for "no reason" like you say ; put yourself into perspective, reexamine the situations, think it over. A dozen of members can't stay calm around you, and are perfectly correct most of the times with every other members they come accross, some of them, including me, since the creation of this forum 7 years ago. But there is something about you that drives them crazy ! So don't say "no reason", look for the reason if you can't see it at first. You seem to be good at digging. Hints : it's not because you like cats, it's not because you don't like some songs, it's not because she hasn't won any Grammy so far... It's more of an attitude / behaviour thing...

Offline jaythegeek

• Wannabe
  • I kissed a cat and I liked it.
« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2014, 02:39:11 PM »
We have 5 cats, they are our kids, so yeah i love Katy's obsession with felines!  :hellokaty:

Offline hbhb97

• Jaw-Dropping
« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2014, 06:02:58 AM »
I liked cats first

Offline CharlieLezz

• Kissed a Girl - And Liked It!
« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2014, 06:31:33 AM »
Not gonna lie, don't really like cats, I'm more of a dog person.
Hammersmith Apollo : 19/3/11
Wembley Arena : 9/4/11
O2 Arena : 15/10/11

Offline K8YCat

• Wannabe w. more posts
« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2014, 08:04:14 AM »
I keep adopting pet mice from animal shelters and think it doesn't make a difference to Katy if somebody donates money to a cat rescue or to a general animal rescue. She may prefer to have cats (and now one small dog) around her, and to integrate her preference into parts of her shows etc., but I don't believe it's to be taken too literally. Katy, I'm sure, cares about animals, not exclusively cats.
Similarly, she may be an ambassador for UNICEF but certainly wouldn't regard an organisation dealing with the problems of disadvantaged elderly people as less important.
When I seriously became her fan I still didn't have an idea that she especially likes cats, and to me it's a kind of trivia fact which by itself doesn't mean anything.

Yes Katy is an animal lover in general.  She loves cats yes, but she cares about kangaroos, and elephants etc.  Remember how much she loved that koala in Australia?  =)  and yes she cares for people in general as well.  But I think she chose to work with children cos , well...they are children.  young, innocent, need adult care, etc.
OG KatyCat!  <3

Offline K8YCat

• Wannabe w. more posts
« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2014, 08:09:34 AM »
Personally I love cats, and always have. As a child I wanted a cat but my mom was allergic and my dad never really liked them. We had dogs, who I loved very much, and they are in Heaven now.  My mom i guess grew out of her allergy and I did find a kitten and bring it home and fought to keep her.  since then we have 3 more cats and my dad still doesn't like them but he deals lol  I LOVE my cats. And ever since i got my own I've been cat obsessed.  Then Katy came along in 2008, and I loved so much about her, and her love for cats is just one of the many things Her and I have in common.  My bff tells me Katy and I are "two peas in a pod"  lol   I take it as a compliment lol =)
OG KatyCat!  <3