Author Topic: Any correlation between being a Katy fan and liking cats?  (Read 1720 times)

Offline Olivia

• Calendar Bitch
  • Is Ready
  • http://yoppappop.blogspot.fr/
Re: Any correlation between being a Katy fan and liking cats?
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2014, 05:53:20 PM »
Katy will be bringing that dog as a companion during the US part of the tour. Full stop. There will be no dog on stage as that would be animal torture, and most likely impossible to insert a "dog part" in a fully rehearsed show that does not include a dog for 3/4 of the world tour.

Offline mitsguy2001

• Dirty Doggy
  • Katycat
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2014, 11:12:33 AM »
Katy will be bringing that dog as a companion during the US part of the tour. Full stop. There will be no dog on stage as that would be animal torture, and most likely impossible to insert a "dog part" in a fully rehearsed show that does not include a dog for 3/4 of the world tour.

It wouldn't be animal torture if it's a specially trained dog.  There are definitely dogs that appear in movies and TV shows.  I was wondering if maybe Butters was such a dog.  And, Kitty Purry appered in the video for "I Kissed a Girl" and the lyric video for "Roar", and I would think that a cat's hearing is at least as sensitive as a dog's.

Having Butters as a companion for the US part of the tour doesn't make a lot of sense to me, to be completely honest.  Very few hotels allow pets, especially not dogs.  And, while I understand that cats in general and Kitty Purry in particular do not travel well, I'm not sure how a dog would travel any better.  If anything, a dog would need even more space, and somebody would need to walk the dog every day.

Several have said that Butters will be the mascot for the US part of the tour.  Again, doesn't it seem strange to have a dog as a mascot for a concert that has a section where Katy dresses as a cat?  And why would Butters only be the mascot for the US part of the tour?

Again, what I suspect is going on here is that somebody at Capitol Records feels that the tour would be more marketable in the US if it had a dog rather than a cat.  I posted yesterday about dog people vs cat people, and how cat people do not dislike dogs, but dog people tend to dislike cat people, since our personalities clash.  With the exception of Bill Clinton, most recent US presidents had a dog but not a cat (Clinton had both a cat and a dog).  But I have been told that most (all?) UK prime ministers have a cat while in office (the Downing Street Cat).  The US electoral system is very much based on personalities of the candidate.  A person who has an interest in running for US president is more likely to have a pack mentality (rather than being an individualist) and is also more likely to have a Type A personality, and is thus more likely to be a dog person.  In the UK, my impression is tha the party line is what matters, rather than the personality of the candidate, so a cat person can and is elected prime minister.  Also, in the US, the president serves as both the ceremonial head of state as well as the head of government.  The UK prime minister serves only as the head of government.  The queen is the ceremonial head of state.  I could be wrong, but I picture the royal family in general being more into dogs than cats.

Another reason why, at least in the US, that cat people dislike dog people is because it gets annoying constantly listening to dog people talk constantly about their dogs, while us cat people do not get that same opportunity, due to the stigma against cat people in the US.  I have also mentioned in the past that the radio station that I typically listen to, in 2011, fired a very popular DJ who was a cat person, and replaced her with a DJ who is a dog person but otherwise has similar music tastes (both have mentioned many times that Katy Perry is their favorite artist).  This is why I am wondering if in the US if she is being pressured to replace the cat section with a dog.

I beleive that someone posted that in Australia, there is a section of the audience called the cat section?  I notice she is not doing that in the US (or even the UK).  Again, can that be due to unfortunate pressure to de-emphasise her love of cats in the US?

Offline katykicksass

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • Once a KatyCat, Always a KatyCat
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2014, 12:10:10 PM »
Several have said that Butters will be the mascot for the US part of the tour.  Again, doesn't it seem strange to have a dog as a mascot for a concert that has a section where Katy dresses as a cat?  And why would Butters only be the mascot for the US part of the tour?

Katy couldn't bring Butters on the UK part of the tour because she hasn't had all her shots. (Katy said this in an interview she did last month)

No, it's not strange that Katy's bringing her dog with her on tour. You're reading to much into it. Get over it and move on.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 12:12:41 PM by katykicksass »
06/30/2011 Toronto @ Air Canada Centre
07/18/2014 Toronto @ Air Canada Centre
07/21/2014 Toronto @ Air Canada Centre

Offline Olivia

• Calendar Bitch
  • Is Ready
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2014, 12:16:35 PM »

It wouldn't be animal torture if it's a specially trained dog.  There are definitely dogs that appear in movies and TV shows.  I was wondering if maybe Butters was such a dog.  And, Kitty Purry appered in the video for "I Kissed a Girl" and the lyric video for "Roar", and I would think that a cat's hearing is at least as sensitive as a dog's.

yeah, cause it's obvious that the set of a video or a movie is exactly the same as a huge stage with pyrotechnics and loud live music and people screaming their hearts off EVERYDAY...
Unbelievable.

Offline steviep24

• Fierce
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2014, 01:01:41 PM »
^^^ If Katy does have a dog mascot on stage it will be a person dressed in a dog costume. She did the same with her California Dreams Tour except it was a Kitty Purry mascot. There will be no actual dog on stage I assure you.

Butters is her pet, nothing more.
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Offline KISStroyer/Katytroyer

• Ignites the Light
  • Producer of the Katy Perry Fan Podcast
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2014, 01:02:25 PM »
Once again mits, you have a tendency to take this idea in your head and try to take it as a reality. I believe last time that you tried to make a bigger deal out of men being discriminated upon.

The whole dog person vs cat person thing had absolutely  nothing to do with politics. The president having a dog is just a silly tradition. Have no clue how the hell you managed to link dogs and cats to politics to katy but congrats, by the grace of god (pun intended) you pulled it off.

Katy can't pull butters onstage due to the loud crowd and music and pyro. Train a dog all you want, you can't change the effect the noise will have on their ears.

As for the hotel thing, you do realize the amount of pull she has? If she wants a sculpture built of herself made out of watermelon with a chocolate center she will get it.

And it makes total sense to take butters as a companion. After how last tour ended and the toll it took on her of course she'd want butters to be there for her.

And are you kidding me? Have you seen the craze of cats on the internet? How many funny dog videos do you hear about compared to cat videos?

And to dumb it down just in case you only skim read this:

THERE IS NO ISSUE OF DOG PERSON VS CAT PERSON AND FFS YOU CANT USE A DOG ON STAGE]

KISS: 12/5/09; 9/17/10; 8/3/12; 8/31/14
Katy: 10/10/14; 10/11/14 <3
The Pretty Reckless: 9/28/14 (M&G)
Katy Perry Fan Podcast
Twitter

Offline Olivia

• Calendar Bitch
  • Is Ready
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2014, 01:07:12 PM »
no screaming, please (as in "no unnecessary caps or swearing")... just explaining (if there is even a point)...
Or maybe as i'm not a mod, i'm not supposed to try and cool down people who i feel are about to loose their calm, like a normal and caring member of a community ? ...

Offline mitsguy2001

• Dirty Doggy
  • Katycat
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2014, 01:18:44 PM »

Katy couldn't bring Butters on the UK part of the tour because she hasn't had all her shots. (Katy said this in an interview she did last month)

That doesn't answer my question.  Her last tour had Kitty Purry as its mascot, even though the actual Kitty Purry wasn't on the tour.  So, why can't she have Butters as her mascot in the UK, even without the actual Butters on the tour?  That implies that she thinks the dog will make her tour more marketable in the US but not in the UK, again, since the UK doesn't seem to have the stigma against cat people that the US has.

I mentioned Bill Clinton earlier.  I do remember that cats became more popular when he took office.  I also seem to remember (but could be wrong) that when he took office, he had only the cat, Socks, and didn't get the dog until later, and that he got the dog since he thought it would make him more popular.

Offline Olivia

• Calendar Bitch
  • Is Ready
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2014, 01:20:23 PM »
no, that implies that by "mascot" she meant "pet". Poor girl, she doesn't know the confusion she brought to the world using this word instead of the other...
Again, she will NOT change her show for only 1 country of the world tour, THAT makes no sense.
Or maybe we should all just wait and see. Or i'll ask her in London.

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• don't be basic
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2014, 02:05:38 PM »
Sometimes I read through threads on here and just cry. Anyone else?

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline mitsguy2001

• Dirty Doggy
  • Katycat
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2014, 02:23:06 PM »
^^^ If Katy does have a dog mascot on stage it will be a person dressed in a dog costume. She did the same with her California Dreams Tour except it was a Kitty Purry mascot. There will be no actual dog on stage I assure you.

But the point I'm trying to make is that she aparently plans to have a person dressed as Butters on stage in the US but not in the UK.

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• don't be basic
« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2014, 02:26:47 PM »

But the point I'm trying to make is that she aparently plans to have a person dressed as Butters on stage in the US but not in the UK.
no.........

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline mitsguy2001

• Dirty Doggy
  • Katycat
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2014, 02:28:33 PM »
Once again mits, you have a tendency to take this idea in your head and try to take it as a reality. I believe last time that you tried to make a bigger deal out of men being discriminated upon.

The whole dog person vs cat person thing had absolutely  nothing to do with politics. The president having a dog is just a silly tradition. Have no clue how the hell you managed to link dogs and cats to politics to katy but congrats, by the grace of god (pun intended) you pulled it off.

Katy can't pull butters onstage due to the loud crowd and music and pyro. Train a dog all you want, you can't change the effect the noise will have on their ears.

As for the hotel thing, you do realize the amount of pull she has? If she wants a sculpture built of herself made out of watermelon with a chocolate center she will get it.

And it makes total sense to take butters as a companion. After how last tour ended and the toll it took on her of course she'd want butters to be there for her.

And are you kidding me? Have you seen the craze of cats on the internet? How many funny dog videos do you hear about compared to cat videos?

And to dumb it down just in case you only skim read this:

THERE IS NO ISSUE OF DOG PERSON VS CAT PERSON AND FFS YOU CANT USE A DOG ON STAGE]

I guess it's just difficult how at work, I have to basically hide everything about myself, since my personality is exactly the opposite of what corporate bullies want.  I can't even use anything like Facebook that is linked to my real name.  So sites such as this are, where I am anonymous, are the only places where I can be myself.  Everyone here seems so supportive of everyone else, except me.

If Katy is going to be a bully who uses her celebrity status to get around the rules without paying the consequences, then I will boycott her!  But I really do not think that is the case, since when she recently smoked a cigarette in a hotel in London (not trying to re-start a smoking vs non-smoking argument, but I'm just stating the facts), she offered to pay the fine.

Offline mitsguy2001

• Dirty Doggy
  • Katycat
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2014, 02:29:24 PM »
no, that implies that by "mascot" she meant "pet". Poor girl, she doesn't know the confusion she brought to the world using this word instead of the other...
Again, she will NOT change her show for only 1 country of the world tour, THAT makes no sense.
Or maybe we should all just wait and see. Or i'll ask her in London.

How are you going to meet her in London?  I thought she wasn't doing any meet and greets on this tour?

Offline mitsguy2001

• Dirty Doggy
  • Katycat
« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2014, 02:30:10 PM »

no.........

Instead of just saying "no", how about telling me what I said in my post that is incorrect or you don't agree with?