Author Topic: Any correlation between being a Katy fan and liking cats?  (Read 2049 times)

Offline mitsguy2001

• Real Fan
  • Katycat
Re: Any correlation between being a Katy fan and liking cats?
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2014, 06:26:47 PM »
still according to various interviews / Q&A she did, she's said that she was actually more of a dog person until Kitty Purry forced her way into her life (which is what cats do... They come and stay, wether you want it or not :-) )...

But it was very obvious that Katy loved cats after Kitty Purry entered her life, unless she was putting on an act (unlikely).

Offline Icypole

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2014, 10:49:12 PM »
still according to various interviews / Q&A she did, she's said that she was actually more of a dog person until Kitty Purry forced her way into her life (which is what cats do... They come and stay, wether you want it or not :-) )...

But it was very obvious that Katy loved cats after Kitty Purry entered her life, unless she was putting on an act (unlikely).

You can like both cats and dogs, even if she does have a preference for one over the other doesn't they're going to suffer because of it. They'll both have time and attention given to them.

Offline mitsguy2001

• Real Fan
  • Katycat
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2014, 07:32:07 AM »

You can like both cats and dogs, even if she does have a preference for one over the other doesn't they're going to suffer because of it. They'll both have time and attention given to them.

That's fine.  I just thought the timing of when Katy got her dog was strange, since she won't be spending time with it until the US leg of her tour.

Offline lilmissemily

• Out to Lunch
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2014, 09:03:24 AM »
I got my first cat about 2 years after becoming a Katy Cat. I actually named it Katy Perry but then I found out my little Katy was actually a boy...I kept the name though  :kittypurry:

But yeah. I deff like cats way more than I ever used to and I think a lot of it has to do with Katy loving cats.

Katy Cat
#26,004

Offline mitsguy2001

• Real Fan
  • Katycat
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2014, 11:18:48 AM »
It seems that part of the Prismatic tour, at least in the UK, has a cat theme.  Will it still have a cat theme in the US, even though she'll have a dog on stage?  Hopefully.

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• don't be basic
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2014, 11:32:44 AM »
Oh Jiff won't be part of the show, just travelling with her for company

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline mitsguy2001

• Real Fan
  • Katycat
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2014, 12:01:25 PM »

Who is Jiff?  I thought Katy's dog's name is Butters?  And, I thought read that Butters was going to be on stage during the US part of the tour (not outside the US, due to customs regulations).  Was that just a false rumor?

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• don't be basic
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2014, 12:15:28 PM »

Who is Jiff?  I thought Katy's dog's name is Butters?  And, I thought read that Butters was going to be on stage during the US part of the tour (not outside the US, due to customs regulations).  Was that just a false rumor?
Oh of course! That's me getting confused, I don't know why I was thinking of Jiff (the dog in Dark Horse) ??? Yeah no I'm pretty sure she hasn't said that, she just referred to him as her 'tour mascot', where did you read that?

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline TheMouse

• Know it all
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2014, 12:19:49 PM »

Look at this on twitter: @jiffpom
Jiff is the little dog who's trained to do tricks like using a roller-skate, or walking backwards on his hind legs. He appears in be Dark Horse music video. Butters, not Jiff, is Katy's dog, that's right! He is supposed to accompany her touring through the USA, not including stage appearances though, I'm not sure but I doubt if it would be possible to expose a dog to the extent of loud noise and other factors disturbing to an animal.

❤ Kitty Purry is my favorite cat ❤

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline mitsguy2001

• Real Fan
  • Katycat
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2014, 06:57:52 PM »
Maybe I misread when I thought I read that Butters would be onstage?

Offline Icypole

« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2014, 11:45:47 PM »

Probably, I think Butters will just accompany her around the country. A dog would hate being in a concert environment.

Offline mitsguy2001

• Real Fan
  • Katycat
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2014, 11:29:10 AM »
Thinking more about it: at least stereotypically, cat people tend to be more individualistic, and dog people tend to be more like pack animals.  Research has shown that to be true, at least to some point.

I could definitely see many of Katy's songs, especially her deeper songs, appealing to more indidualistic people, who would also be more likely to be cat people.  That might explain some of the correlation, if such a correlation does exist.

One common misconception is that many people think that cat people dislike dogs and dog people dislike cats.  That is not true.  The truth is that it's more common for cat people to dislike dog people, and for dog people to dislike cat people.  That is likely because the personality associated with cat people (individiualistic) and the personality associated with dog people (pack animals) tend to clash with each other.

I hope that Katy keeps that cat section of her tour when she is in the US and continues to dress up as a cat and stand on the yarn ball.

Offline katykicksass

• A Dead Battery
  • Once a KatyCat, Always a KatyCat
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2014, 11:45:12 AM »

Probably, I think Butters will just accompany her around the country. A dog would hate being in a concert environment.

Katy will be bringing Butters with her on tour when she tours the US. She said this in an interview she did last month.
06/30/11 Toronto, Air Canada Centre
07/18/14 Toronto, Air Canada Centre
07/21/14 Toronto, Air Canada Centre

Offline sparkleattack

• Reading Hemingway
  • ~sparkle face~
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2014, 12:49:55 PM »
I am a dog person and don't like cats really. But it makes sense that a lot of Katy fans like cats. If you didn't already like them before, an idol is likely to influence your likes and dislikes.
2014 - May 31st - Prismatic World Tour - London o2 Arena
2015 - March 9th - Prismatic World Tour - Amsterdam Ziggo Dome

Offline mitsguy2001

• Real Fan
  • Katycat
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2014, 04:30:07 PM »

Katy will be bringing Butters with her on tour when she tours the US. She said this in an interview she did last month.

Again, when you say "Katy will be bringing Butters with her on tour", do you mean that Butters will be on stage with her, or do you mean that Butters will just be staying at the hotels with her?  If the former, is Katy still going to keep the cat theme and dress as a cat and stand on a yarnball during part of the concert, or is that only for the UK?