Author Topic: Any correlation between being a Katy fan and liking cats?  (Read 1255 times)

Offline TheMouse

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
Re: Any correlation between being a Katy fan and liking cats?
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2014, 06:51:27 PM »
It seems maybe there isn't as much of a correlation as I thought.  I didn't realize until now that Katy recently got a dog.  I wonder why she would get a new pet just days before her tour.
Butters, the little dog, is meant to come on tour with Katy as a mascot; I assume she should be with her in Belfast now. If that is true I don't know, I didn't think one can take a dog into any country in the world just like that. But maybe it is, she wouldn't get a dog just to leave it behind for a year and a half.

:) She gave me my guitar back...
She gave me my voice back...

...and I have opened one that leads me to the perfect road :firework:

...what more could I want? :frolickingghost: :frolickingghost: :frolickingghost:

Offline OfficiallyAKatyKat4Life

• Makes U Spark A Firework
  • "who's dropping farts in Candyfornia?"
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2014, 06:58:52 PM »
i despised cats when i was a kid :lol: but in high school my friends cat had kittens and then i was in love :dreamboat: haha she let me have one,and i never really named her,so just ended up calling her "kitty" :lol: which was ironic bcuz this was in 2006,so before katy and kitty purry's big break lmao but my cat ended up running away in 2009 :-\ i really liked cats ever since then,but i guess my love for cats has gotten higher just a bit since i became a katy cat.and since my cat ran away,ive been wanting another,and i think becoming a katycat has made me want one just a little more lol.so to answer your question,i think katy has made me love cats just a TINY bit more,but idk if i would make her necessarily responsible for it?lol

Still waiting to meet her...one day :bambi:
Katy Cat #23892
Twitter @KatysSoyQuiche
PWT 9-17-14 & 9-22-14
ps..forgive me for misspelling my username :-[

Offline Olivia

• Calendar Bitch
  • Is Ready
  • http://yoppappop.blogspot.fr/
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2014, 05:23:22 AM »
It seems maybe there isn't as much of a correlation as I thought.  I didn't realize until now that Katy recently got a dog.  I wonder why she would get a new pet just days before her tour.
Butters, the little dog, is meant to come on tour with Katy as a mascot; I assume she should be with her in Belfast now. If that is true I don't know, I didn't think one can take a dog into any country in the world just like that. But maybe it is, she wouldn't get a dog just to leave it behind for a year and a half.

yes, she said in an interview that she missed Kitty Purry on tour, but she couldn't take her along cause she hated to leave her environment (like most cats, to be honest, it's a well known fact that cats are very territorial, and that they actually consider they own the house and tolerate their owner living with them :) )... That's what i thought about when she posted the picture of that... dog... ugh.

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2014, 06:00:45 AM »

yes, she said in an interview that she missed Kitty Purry on tour, but she couldn't take her along cause she hated to leave her environment (like most cats, to be honest, it's a well known fact that cats are very territorial, and that they actually consider they own the house and tolerate their owner living with them :) )... That's what i thought about when she posted the picture of that... dog... ugh.

i heard her say in one of the recent radio interviews that she will be bringing Butter's along for just the US dates of tour :)

Katy Cat #23892
Twitter @KatysSoyQuiche
PWT 9-17-14 & 9-22-14

Offline mitsguy2001

• Head-Turning
  • Katycat
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2014, 11:14:51 AM »
I really hope that Katy truly wants that dog, and she didn't just get it because some bigwig at Capitol Records thinks her tour would be more marketable with a dog.  And I also really hope that she continues to love cats.  It's nice to see at least one celebrity who is a cat person, and it's frustrating how dog people always think that they are superior to us cat people.  It seems that everyone talks constantly about dogs, but statistics show that more people have cats than dogs, so it seems that a lot of cat people avoid openly talking about cats.

Offline Carmenxox

• I can see the writing on the wall
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2014, 02:55:59 PM »
and it's frustrating how dog people always think that they are superior to us cat people.

I'm a dog person, and I don't feel superior to cat lovers at all. That's an absurd comment to make.

Proud Katycat #5998
"You are never fully dressed without a smile" - Katy Perry

Offline TheMouse

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2014, 03:23:30 PM »
and it's frustrating how dog people always think that they are superior to us cat people.

I'm a dog person, and I don't feel superior to cat lovers at all. That's an absurd comment to make.

@OfficiallyAKatyKat4Life - it's more likely indeed that Butters comes along to the shows in the USA only. Otherwise, the dog would just spend a year in various quarantines - even Katy has to obey the laws about bringing animals into foreign countries.

That Katy would want a dog is not that surprising out of nowhere. The PWT was not only marketable but a sellout months ago. It'll hardly get advertised with a dog just days before it kicks off, LOL

...what more could I want? :frolickingghost: :frolickingghost: :frolickingghost:

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2014, 04:57:10 PM »
I really hope that Katy truly wants that dog, and she didn't just get it because some bigwig at Capitol Records thinks her tour would be more marketable with a dog.

:lol: thats ridiculous that a DOG would be used to market a world tour :hehe:

Katy Cat #23892
Twitter @KatysSoyQuiche
PWT 9-17-14 & 9-22-14

Offline mitsguy2001

• Head-Turning
  • Katycat
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2014, 06:05:52 PM »

I'm sorry to have offended you, and I am glad that there are some dog people, such as yourself, who respect cat people.

Offline mitsguy2001

• Head-Turning
  • Katycat
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2014, 06:10:22 PM »

@OfficiallyAKatyKat4Life - it's more likely indeed that Butters comes along to the shows in the USA only. Otherwise, the dog would just spend a year in various quarantines - even Katy has to obey the laws about bringing animals into foreign countries.

That Katy would want a dog is not that surprising out of nowhere. The PWT was not only marketable but a sellout months ago. It'll hardly get advertised with a dog just days before it kicks off, LOL

I really hope that Katy truly wants that dog, and she didn't just get it because some bigwig at Capitol Records thinks her tour would be more marketable with a dog.

:lol: thats ridiculous that a DOG would be used to market a world tour :hehe:

In the original, unreleased version of Part of Me, which Katy says is about Travie McCoy, it has the line "you can keep the dog; I never liked it anyway".  Although, it's possible that Katy just disliked Travie's dog, and not dogs in general.

Although, from my experience, it's rare for a single person to have both a cat and a dog.  Usually families with both a cat and a dog are where one spouse likes cats and the other likes dogs, or one kid wants a cat and another kid wants a dog.  On the other hand, I have heard of single people who otherwise don't like dogs getting a dog thinking it will make them more attractive to the opposite sex (so glad I'm married, and met my wife without having to play any silly games like that).  I don't think Katy would do that to attract a guy (everyone knows she's a cat person), but it wouldn't shock me if she would get a dog because some bigwig at Capitol Records thinks it will help her sell more albums.

If Katy genuinely likes both cats and dogs, then good for her.  I really hope that is the case.

Offline TheMouse

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2014, 06:18:23 PM »
Why would getting a dog sell albums? Does anybody understand this?

Offline steviep24

• Wants to See Your Peacock
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2014, 06:25:41 PM »
I don't.
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Offline mitsguy2001

• Head-Turning
  • Katycat
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2014, 06:31:08 PM »

Back in 2011, the radio station that I listen to fired a popular DJ who liked cats and had a "feline of the week" website, and replaced her with a DJ who likes dogs.  Ask them why they think a DJ who likes dogs is more marketable than a DJ who likes cats.  Both the fired DJ and her replacement have said many times that Katy Perry is their favorite artist, and they both also like Adele.

Offline katykicksass

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • Katy's Baby Blues
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2014, 06:31:24 PM »

I don't understand it.

Katy said a recent interview (one of the many phone interviews she did from NYC) she'll be bringing Butters along for the US tour.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 06:35:24 PM by katykicksass »
06/30/2011 - Toronto, Air Canada Centre, California Dreams Tour
07/18/2014 - Toronto, Air Canada Centre, Prismatic World Tour
07/21/2014 - Toronto, Air Canada Centre, Prismatic World Tour

Offline Olivia

• Calendar Bitch
  • Is Ready
  • http://yoppappop.blogspot.fr/
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2014, 01:46:42 PM »
still according to various interviews / Q&A she did, she's said that she was actually more of a dog person until Kitty Purry forced her way into her life (which is what cats do... They come and stay, wether you want it or not :-) )...