Author Topic: Any correlation between being a Katy fan and liking cats?  (Read 1447 times)

Offline mitsguy2001

• Dirty Doggy
  • Katycat
Any correlation between being a Katy fan and liking cats?
« on: April 27, 2014, 11:00:16 AM »
We all know that Katy loves cats.  And it seems that many people on this board, including myself, also really like cats.  I wonder if there is any correlation between being a Katy fan and liking cats.  Are Katy fans more likely than the general public to like cats?

If so, I wonder why that is?  Does knowing that Katy likes cats give us a favorable impression of her, which also makes us like her music?  Or maybe something about Katy's personality that makes her like cats also makes her music appeal to people who like cats?  Or maybe becoming a fan of Katy also makes you like cats, even if you didn't like them previously? (although I liked cats even as a kid, before Katy was even born).

Or is there no correlation at all?

Offline SantaBarbaraKitty

• Makes U Spark A Firework
Re: Any correlation between being a Katy fan and liking cats?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 06:29:59 PM »
Interesting thought!  Personally, I don't dislike cats, but I'm not a huge fan of them, either.  I doubt anyone who didn't like Katy's music would suddenly like her if they found they had a mutual love of cats.  It may be that those who are fans of Katy are more likely to share their love of cats because it's something that links the fanbase to Katy.  Other artists might have fans who like cats just as much (if not more), but it may not come up in discussion as frequently whereas Katy has the cat theme in many of her projects so Katycats tend to bring them up more! 

:kittypurry:

Offline Squeeniex27

• Makes Cupcakes Cry
  • The light has come
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 08:12:44 PM »
Cats are my favorite animals. I'm in love with my kitty...it's probably why Katy and I have such a bond
Prism: let the light in

Offline mitsguy2001

• Dirty Doggy
  • Katycat
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 02:19:12 PM »
Cats are my favorite animals. I'm in love with my kitty...it's probably why Katy and I have such a bond

What did you think of my Songs for your Cat thread?

http://katyperryforum.com/index.php?topic=16097.0

Offline mitsguy2001

• Dirty Doggy
  • Katycat
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2014, 02:28:06 PM »
Interesting thought!  Personally, I don't dislike cats, but I'm not a huge fan of them, either.  I doubt anyone who didn't like Katy's music would suddenly like her if they found they had a mutual love of cats.  It may be that those who are fans of Katy are more likely to share their love of cats because it's something that links the fanbase to Katy.  Other artists might have fans who like cats just as much (if not more), but it may not come up in discussion as frequently whereas Katy has the cat theme in many of her projects so Katycats tend to bring them up more! 

:kittypurry:

I'm thinking it's a combination of the two.  While I don't think somebody who dislikes Katy's music would suddenly like it, I think liking cats could make the difference between being a casual fan and a full Katycat.  There don't seem to be too many celebrities that openly like cats (Katy, and Taylor Swift are the only 2 I can think of), so that does help us cat people to connect with a celebrity who does like cats; we feel that they would understand us better.  I would think that there would be some correlation where people who have a cat person personality would relate to Katy's music, since she would also have a cat person personality.  Do I make sense?

Offline Ingie

• Leaves Them All in Awe
  • Chicken Noodle Soup.
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2014, 02:30:36 PM »
I'm more of a dog person really.

Offline flapfkp

• Little Voyeur
  • It is all so simple, just deal with it
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2014, 02:57:15 PM »
I think liking cats is cute, so maybe we think of Katy as being even cuter. But it's almost certainly a coincidence. Not to mention the fact that not all of us love cats the way she does (I do, however).

07/02/14 Sunrise, FL
08/17/14 St. Louis, MO

Katycat # 133136
@flapfkp

Offline Carmenxox

• Makes U Spark A Firework
  • I can see the writing on the wall
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2014, 03:04:16 PM »
I like cats, but I much prefer dogs.  The fact that Katy loves cats is pretty cute and cool. I wouldn't say that Katy liking cats makes her more favourable.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 03:07:09 PM by Carmenxox »

Proud Katycat #5998
"You are never fully dressed without a smile" - Katy Perry

Offline Icypole

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2014, 07:12:53 PM »
I'm more of a dog person really.

Me too, despite this I am one of our family cat's favourite people.

Offline kitkattt

• Wants a Taste Test
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2014, 10:19:29 PM »
A cat bit me when I was 4 and I'm still not over it  ;)  :ummno: SO needless to say I'm more of a dog person

Offline kewlkatycat

• Lost Control
  • ♥ ρrιςϻατιϲ ϝrυιτ ♥
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2014, 11:28:54 PM »
I never liked cats when I was younger, I was scared of them. But ever since becoming a KatyCat, I am not afraid at all and I actually badly want a cat!  :katycat1:

I'm a thirteen-year-old KatyCat, Lanatic (more a KatyCat... Duh!) and LolitaLover.
Stuck in the One of the Boys era yet obsessed with Prism.
AntoKatyCat is my Sorella ♥

I'm on Tumblr: http://www.lolitasprismparadise.tumblr.com

Offline TheMouse

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2014, 11:47:11 PM »
I keep adopting pet mice from animal shelters and think it doesn't make a difference to Katy if somebody donates money to a cat rescue or to a general animal rescue. She may prefer to have cats (and now one small dog) around her, and to integrate her preference into parts of her shows etc., but I don't believe it's to be taken too literally. Katy, I'm sure, cares about animals, not exclusively cats.
Similarly, she may be an ambassador for UNICEF but certainly wouldn't regard an organisation dealing with the problems of disadvantaged elderly people as less important.
When I seriously became her fan I still didn't have an idea that she especially likes cats, and to me it's a kind of trivia fact which by itself doesn't mean anything.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 11:50:03 PM by TheMouse »

The day my friend told me that I'm '...a natural blues singer...' (August 12th 2014) Why can't every day be like that? 

IthinkIwouldcommitsuicideanytimeifitsavedkaty'slifebecauseI'velivedmineandtheworldneedshermore

:firework: :frolickingghost: :firework: :frolickingghost: :firework:

Offline Icypole

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2014, 07:12:23 AM »
I keep adopting pet mice from animal shelters and think it doesn't make a difference to Katy if somebody donates money to a cat rescue or to a general animal rescue. She may prefer to have cats (and now one small dog) around her, and to integrate her preference into parts of her shows etc., but I don't believe it's to be taken too literally. Katy, I'm sure, cares about animals, not exclusively cats.
Similarly, she may be an ambassador for UNICEF but certainly wouldn't regard an organisation dealing with the problems of disadvantaged elderly people as less important.
When I seriously became her fan I still didn't have an idea that she especially likes cats, and to me it's a kind of trivia fact which by itself doesn't mean anything.

Your mouse is darn cute. I miss the time when I had rats.

Offline TheMouse

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2014, 07:55:29 AM »
@Icypole Thanks!  :) that was on the day Roar video was released, he's so old now he's almost lost the use of his hind legs, and he pees into my hand. But he's still enjoying himself, and holds perfectly still when I 'groom' him with my lips. He should write a bio about his life! That's cool you had rats! - sorry having gone off topic, back to cats then...

The day my friend told me that I'm '...a natural blues singer...' (August 12th 2014) Why can't every day be like that? 

IthinkIwouldcommitsuicideanytimeifitsavedkaty'slifebecauseI'velivedmineandtheworldneedshermore

:firework: :frolickingghost: :firework: :frolickingghost: :firework:

Offline mitsguy2001

• Dirty Doggy
  • Katycat
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2014, 06:13:15 PM »
It seems maybe there isn't as much of a correlation as I thought.  I didn't realize until now that Katy recently got a dog.  I wonder why she would get a new pet just days before her tour.