Author Topic: IMPORTANT regarding respectful behaviour towards each other.  (Read 1208 times)

Offline Ingie

• Leaves Them All in Awe
  • Chicken Noodle Soup.
IMPORTANT regarding respectful behaviour towards each other.
« on: April 19, 2014, 03:51:00 AM »
Dear Katycats,

It has come to our attention that there has been some drama on the forum as of late. It appears that a couple of members are unable to respond to certain others with respect and understanding. This is not what being a Katycat is about.

On KPF, we pride ourselves in the fact that everybody is allowed to have their own opinion and voice it as such, as long as it's within the rules. Hence why, whenever someone voices their opinion which may not be the general opinion, I urge them to take the feelings of others in account before posting. This also counts for those who responds to unpopular opinions. It are opinions and there is no need to attack somebody personally. There are no victims in this situation. We are all responsible for our own behaviour. We appreciate a good discussion now and then as long as it is done respectfully and lately there has not been much respect in certain discussions.

In case you feel like the way you voice your opinion may cause controversy or if you feel like you can't reply to a topic without remaining respectful, please reconsider your post or stay away from the fire. We want everybody to feel safe on the boards.

If you see any disrespectful posts, please report it to a moderator and we will look into it. That way we can make this forum a place for everybody to enjoy.

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • don't be basic
Re: IMPORTANT regarding respectful behaviour towards each other.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 07:27:39 AM »
 :thumbzup:

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline katykicksass

• A Dead Battery
  • Once a KatyCat, Always a KatyCat
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 07:31:58 AM »
Thank you!
06/30/11 Toronto, Air Canada Centre
07/18/14 Toronto, Air Canada Centre
07/21/14 Toronto, Air Canada Centre

Online steviep24

• Fierce
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 07:39:16 AM »
Thanks Ingie :)
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Offline CiaraCandyCat

• A Dead Battery
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 12:01:37 PM »

Thank you.  :)

Nov 7th 2011 - #DublinDreams
May 7th 2014 - Belfast #PrismaticWorldTour
Twitter: @lollipocalypse_
Tumblr: bogey-lowenstein.tumblr.com

Offline DillNewt24

• Makes U Spark A Firework
  • Be Proud of Who You Are!
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 05:45:21 PM »
I definitely agree, thank you! :thumbzup:

Twitter: @DillNewt

Offline Olivia

• Calendar Bitch
  • Is Ready
  • http://yoppappop.blogspot.fr/
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2014, 09:54:11 AM »
Yes, we should all think before we post. No victims. I think we all got it from the last clash, better late than never, and this reminder was to be expected.

Offline NomadsGirl4ever

• Know it all
  • Do it ALL again...
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2014, 12:15:04 PM »
Well said!  :firework:

By the grace of God... I finally met Katy!  :firework:

Offline mitsguy2001

• Real Fan
  • Katycat
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2014, 12:08:37 AM »
Dear Katycats,

It has come to our attention that there has been some drama on the forum as of late. It appears that a couple of members are unable to respond to certain others with respect and understanding. This is not what being a Katycat is about.

On KPF, we pride ourselves in the fact that everybody is allowed to have their own opinion and voice it as such, as long as it's within the rules. Hence why, whenever someone voices their opinion which may not be the general opinion, I urge them to take the feelings of others in account before posting. This also counts for those who responds to unpopular opinions. It are opinions and there is no need to attack somebody personally.

Hopefully this means that people have to respect my unpopular opinions, and that they should stop attacking me personally.

Offline Ingie

• Leaves Them All in Awe
  • Chicken Noodle Soup.
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2014, 02:41:57 AM »
Dear Katycats,

On KPF, we pride ourselves in the fact that everybody is allowed to have their own opinion and voice it as such, as long as it's within the rules. Hence why, whenever someone voices their opinion which may not be the general opinion, I urge them to take the feelings of others in account before posting. This also counts for those who responds to unpopular opinions. It are opinions and there is no need to attack somebody personally.

Hopefully this means that people have to respect my unpopular opinions, and that they should stop attacking me personally.

And hopefully it means that you take your responsibility as well and also look at your own faults. As I said, there are no victims in this situation.

Offline TheMouse

• Know it all
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2014, 06:30:44 AM »
...'a couple of members...' ...at least I'm not alone.  :theface:

❤ Kitty Purry is my favorite cat ❤

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline KISStroyer/Katytroyer

• Ignites the Light
  • Houston Crew for life. 10/11/14- <3
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2014, 08:48:32 AM »
Dear Katycats,

Going to try to do this in the least hostile and most friend way possible, but from everything I've seen mits, no one really attacks you personally. I agree and support you voicing your opinions, even more so of they are unpopular ones. The bigger the variety and different the group the better. That being said perhaps being less hostile whenever someone disagrees with you might help the group as a whole. You have a tendency to assume someone disagreeing with you is them personally attacking you. We are all katycats here, no hate, just love.

Again, I appreciate and respect your opinions and dedication to katy and everything, but sometimes you just have to agree to disagree.

And to be honest this can apply to everyone. It is literally impossible to agree with everyone on everything. Let's all realize that and be who we are. Katycats.

KISS: 12/5/09; 9/17/10; 8/3/12; 8/31/14
Katy: 10/10/14; 10/11/14 <3
The Pretty Reckless: 9/28/14 (M&G)
Twitter

Offline mitsguy2001

• Real Fan
  • Katycat
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2014, 11:11:44 AM »
Dear Katycats,

And hopefully it means that you take your responsibility as well and also look at your own faults. As I said, there are no victims in this situation.

Obviously I have faults, as does everybody, but I still do not feel that I had any posts that were completely out of line.  Maybe somebody can direct me to some specific posts of mine that were out of line?

Offline mitsguy2001

• Real Fan
  • Katycat
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2014, 11:19:00 AM »
Dear Katycats,

Going to try to do this in the least hostile and most friend way possible, but from everything I've seen mits, no one really attacks you personally.

The responses to my thread about "Ur So Gay", I felt were personal attacks.  Also, I have received personal attacks via private messages from several members, which included profanity.  I reported these to the moderators (I believe that the rules apply to private messages), but the moderators did nothing about them.  So many of the more personal attacks people reading the forum won't see.

I agree and support you voicing your opinions, even more so of they are unpopular ones. The bigger the variety and different the group the better. That being said perhaps being less hostile whenever someone disagrees with you might help the group as a whole. You have a tendency to assume someone disagreeing with you is them personally attacking you. We are all katycats here, no hate, just love.

Again, I appreciate and respect your opinions and dedication to katy and everything, but sometimes you just have to agree to disagree.

And to be honest this can apply to everyone. It is literally impossible to agree with everyone on everything. Let's all realize that and be who we are. Katycats.

Again, I do not feel that I have been hostile toward others, and I feel that people have been hostile to me when they disagree with me.  Again, check the thread I started about Ur So Gay.  I specifically said that I have nothing against anyone who likes that song, and wanted to hear opinions from a diverse group of people.

A general pattern that I notice here is that people who dislike Katy's more risqué songs (Ur So Gay, I Kissed a Girl, Peacock, Dressin Up) tend to be flamed and threads about those songs tend to be locked.  I've even seen people (on the Most Unfavored Katy Song) go so far as to apologize for disliking songs such as Peacock.  Nobody should have to apologize for disliking a song.  However, people who dislike the more innocent songs (such as Unconditionally, By the Grace of God, Walking on Air, Teenage Dream, Firework, ET, Who Am I Living For) are not given similar treatment.  Could it be that maybe the people who like the more risqué songs are the same type of people who confront others with differing opinions?  This is another double standard on this board that I am exposing with this post.

Offline Ingie

• Leaves Them All in Awe
  • Chicken Noodle Soup.
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2014, 11:39:27 AM »
Okay, we are not going to argue here. The end of it. No more fighting and the first person who fails to comply to these rules will face the consequences. I will lock this thread now and if there are any questions or concerns, pm me but do not take it out in public.