Author Topic: Katy is gonna release a new version of a song from the previous album  (Read 1186 times)

Offline TheMouse

• Know it all
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
Re: Katy is gonna release a new version of a song from the previous album
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2014, 02:22:54 PM »
As I'm unable to read the page - is this something official?

No. (But there were exclusive "connections" in the process as there r vocals we havent heard.

My browser automatically translates websites, lol. I love it...
I'm not sure about those, they could be new and added. The track sounds extremely raw, I'm in two minds about it.
I just heard it again and noticed the same as I did the first time: at around 3:40 over the next few seconds there is some really rotten sound engineering, it's a complete 'ouch' moment in the mix.

I dont understand what you mean. Unless you think the "new" vocals are just intelligently edited from old ones to make new?

However, there are definitely a capella, alternate vocals, ect of songs.... in possession of some ppl. :) It happens...
A Capella is the singing of humans without the accompaniment of any instruments. I'm not sure what you mean to say either, but, put simply, I just think Katy is wonderful on any track they used here - and the mix they made of it is atrocious. Like I said, raw, as if not even edited properly. The background vocals are not even balanced in relation to the foreground.

Me and my new ADMIRA from Spain are gonna be one damn firework.
I love her unconditionally.

:firework: :frolickingghost: :firework:

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline SmackUTwice

• 2nd Degree Stalker
  • You Did It BAYBEE!
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2014, 07:42:29 PM »

No. (But there were exclusive "connections" in the process as there r vocals we havent heard.

I'm not sure about those, they could be new and added. The track sounds extremely raw, I'm in two minds about it.
I just heard it again and noticed the same as I did the first time: at around 3:40 over the next few seconds there is some really rotten sound engineering, it's a complete 'ouch' moment in the mix.

I dont understand what you mean. Unless you think the "new" vocals are just intelligently edited from old ones to make new?

However, there are definitely a capella, alternate vocals, ect of songs.... in possession of some ppl. :) It happens...
A Capella is the singing of humans without the accompaniment of any instruments. I'm not sure what you mean to say either, but, put simply, I just think Katy is wonderful on any track they used here - and the mix they made of it is atrocious. Like I said, raw, as if not even edited properly. The background vocals are not even balanced in relation to the foreground.

Okay, so. You and I are not on the same page. lol

Did you catch that this is not official? It's not suppose to be on that much of a "professional" level. It's suppose to be "raw." It's basically a "fan-made" remix BUT they had exclusive vocals of Katy to add in. Quite possibly a Capella (yes, I know what that is which is why I chose to use the word).

When I said "definitely a Capella, alternate vocals, ect. of songs...." that was in general, not specific to this edit. People out there have legit a Capella Katy vocals, songs with alternate vocal style, ect. The person that made this specific TOTGA... had some of that of TOTGA. So, together with the old... and new... made this lovely creation, that is not official, not professionally done, but done to the best of their abilities and I truly commend the work. :)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 07:44:01 PM by SmackUTwice »

Offline TheMouse

• Know it all
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2014, 02:09:54 AM »

Okay, so. You and I are not on the same page. lol

Did you catch that this is not official? It's not suppose to be on that much of a "professional" level. It's suppose to be "raw." It's basically a "fan-made" remix BUT they had exclusive vocals of Katy to add in. Quite possibly a Capella (yes, I know what that is which is why I chose to use the word).

When I said "definitely a Capella, alternate vocals, ect. of songs...." that was in general, not specific to this edit. People out there have legit a Capella Katy vocals, songs with alternate vocal style, ect. The person that made this specific TOTGA... had some of that of TOTGA. So, together with the old... and new... made this lovely creation, that is not official, not professionally done, but done to the best of their abilities and I truly commend the work. :)
Oh  I understand somebody had some odd voice recording of Katy's, I just don't find that so interesting. I like a good live recording much better.

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline SmackUTwice

• 2nd Degree Stalker
  • You Did It BAYBEE!
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2014, 07:11:09 AM »
^ allllllrighhhhhhtttyy. saying it's atrocious is a bit much, then, imo. for what it is, it's amazing. sorry to hear you think the opposite.

Offline S-Toni

• Makes Cupcakes Cry
  • Starting living outside of da box!
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2014, 07:32:50 AM »
That guy has made an acoustic version of Dark Horse, It takes Two and Choose Your Battles as well
He just got the official studio acapellas.. i wonder where he got them from because you can't find them aanywhere but those vocals you hear are ALL on the standard version if TOTGA ;)

Offline NomadsGirl4ever

• Know it all
  • Do it ALL again...
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2014, 12:21:56 PM »
Wow that is beautiful!  :firework:

By the grace of God... I finally met Katy!  :firework:

Offline rapture

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2014, 02:16:13 AM »
^ allllllrighhhhhhtttyy. saying it's atrocious is a bit much, then, imo. for what it is, it's amazing. sorry to hear you think the opposite.
It's a technical detail. The vocals drowning in the instrumentals at some point.
15/10/2011 O2 Arena, London
26/10/2011 NIA, Birmingham
10/05/2014 Metro Radio Arena, Newcastle: Katy touched my hand
31/05/2014 O2 Arena, London

Offline chismism

• Out to Lunch
  • "Like A Lightning Bolt, Your Heart Will Glow!"
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2014, 08:52:32 PM »
That guy has made an acoustic version of Dark Horse, It takes Two and Choose Your Battles as well
He just got the official studio acapellas.. i wonder where he got them from because you can't find them aanywhere but those vocals you hear are ALL on the standard version if TOTGA ;)

My guess is he has access to a label's audio, or he stripped and layered the vocals. Especially since there's parts where it's just the harmony instead of the lead vocal.
"Be kind whenever possible; As it is always possible." --Dalai Lama

Offline 1stTimeKatyCat

• Little Voyeur
  • That's our Katy Perry for you.
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2014, 10:04:01 AM »
I hope they do. I just wish it was I Wanna Dance With Somebody...

Offline TheMouse

• Know it all
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2014, 06:46:49 PM »
It's a technical detail. The vocals drowning in the instrumentals at some point.
Well, I listened to it again, on a bigger speaker, and it sounds to me more like a patchwork of several recording sessions; there is one place where Katy's voice abruptly changes its color totally and then goes back to what it was before, definitely very rough cut and paste of accumulated material. And from 3:35 or so it falls apart completely. The tracks just don't go together at all.

Offline steviep24

• Fierce
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2014, 07:07:23 PM »
Finally listened to this version. It's really nice and I just love how pure Katy's vocals sound in these piano versions that this guy has been making lately, which also includes Dark Horse and Choose Your Battles.

Like TheMouse says they do have technical issues, especially TOTGA, but I enjoy them for what they are and to me they're beautiful.
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)