Author Topic: Katy's scrapped album to be released?  (Read 759 times)

Offline BirthdayCat

• Wannabe w. more posts
  • Pop Your Confetti
Katy's scrapped album to be released?
« on: April 14, 2014, 07:59:59 PM »
Source: http://noisey.vice.com/blog/daisy-berkowitz-marilyn-manson-scott-putesky-interview-1

Scott Putesky co-founded Marilyn Manson and was the guitarist for the group until 1996. His stage name was Daisy Berkowitz, a name that combined Daisy of Dukes of Hazard fame with David Berkowitz, otherwise known as the serial killer Son of Sam. He stayed with Marilyn Manson until a third of the way through recording Antichrist Superstar, when he departed the group amidst disagreements with Brian Warner (bka Marilyn Manson himself) and Trent Reznor, who produced the record.

Any future plans?

I really want to produce other people’s records. I’m really bad at enforcing my own deadlines. I work better when I work with somebody else so I really want to put it out there that I want to produce other people’s stuff. I was chatting with someone online and talking about how Katy Perry has a record that was never released because the label she was on decided to drop it for some reason. So it was never put out. But somebody has it somewhere. I was talking to this other person and we said wouldn’t it be cool to revive that record? That’s something I would like to do. That album is ten years old, not real old but old as far as pop music is concerned. Doing something like that would be cool: Unreleased records from the past.

Make it like your birthday everyday :)

Offline Squeeniex27

• Makes Cupcakes Cry
  • The light has come
Re: Katy's scrapped album to be released?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 09:43:36 AM »
Source: http://noisey.vice.com/blog/daisy-berkowitz-marilyn-manson-scott-putesky-interview-1

Scott Putesky co-founded Marilyn Manson and was the guitarist for the group until 1996. His stage name was Daisy Berkowitz, a name that combined Daisy of Dukes of Hazard fame with David Berkowitz, otherwise known as the serial killer Son of Sam. He stayed with Marilyn Manson until a third of the way through recording Antichrist Superstar, when he departed the group amidst disagreements with Brian Warner (bka Marilyn Manson himself) and Trent Reznor, who produced the record.

Any future plans?

I really want to produce other people’s records. I’m really bad at enforcing my own deadlines. I work better when I work with somebody else so I really want to put it out there that I want to produce other people’s stuff. I was chatting with someone online and talking about how Katy Perry has a record that was never released because the label she was on decided to drop it for some reason. So it was never put out. But somebody has it somewhere. I was talking to this other person and we said wouldn’t it be cool to revive that record? That’s something I would like to do. That album is ten years old, not real old but old as far as pop music is concerned. Doing something like that would be cool: Unreleased records from the past.

I would really like to hear one of her re-released records. I don't think it should be super advertised as something like Prism, but I would love to hear it!
Prism: let the light in

Online steviep24

• Fierce
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 11:41:00 AM »
I don't know if it will happen but at least someone in the business is interested in Katy's old music.  :)
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Offline TheMouse

• Know it all
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 02:35:00 PM »
Comment in wrong topic, how did it get here, oops?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 02:37:15 PM by TheMouse »

Me and my new ADMIRA from Spain are gonna be one damn firework.
I love her unconditionally.

:firework: :frolickingghost: :firework:

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline wowitsjoey

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 10:32:34 PM »
I'd love for an unreleased album to happen, but I feel a lot of her best songs (Or at least my favorites) have been given away already, and that most people would accuse her of "stealing" other peoples songs, when they're hers.  :ummno:  :twitch:

Offline TheMouse

• Know it all
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 11:13:23 PM »
I suppose that would depend on Katy, and if she ever has such plans we will know. This article is only about what somebody said he would like to do.

Me and my new ADMIRA from Spain are gonna be one damn firework.
I love her unconditionally.

:firework: :frolickingghost: :firework:

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline emakatycat

• Face Down in the Porcelain
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2014, 06:37:51 PM »
i would love for Katy to do this, maybe like sell it just on her website as a special treat for us Katycats?  :-\

Offline KPbaby

• U think you're a Genius!
  • OG KATYCATS <3
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2014, 07:40:24 PM »
i would love for Katy to do this, maybe like sell it just on her website as a special treat for us Katycats?  :-\

I agree with this idea!!  :) :) :)
Remember that time Katy trolled me so hard and retweeted a 3 month old tweet!?
YASSSSS KATY YASSSSS ;)
Katy is my everythannnggg!
Twitter: @jillygymnast96
CDT 2 dates
PWT 3 dates

Offline becca :)

• Makes U Spark A Firework
  • i looked in the mirror, and decided to stay <3
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2014, 09:54:15 AM »

that would be EPIC!  :kittypurry:

member #3090

California Dreams Tour LG Arena Birmingham UK - 4th April 2011
California Dreams Tour M.E.N arena Manchester UK -31st october 2011 - i met her in a M&G :) <3 best night of my life!
Live Lounge in London 19th march 2012 - met Katy outside
KP3D London Premiere: 3rd July 2012 - Got to walk the red carpet when Katy was on it!!
The Prismatic World Tour - Liverpool 21st May 2014 - Reflection Section
The Prismatic World Tour - Manchester 24th May 2014 - Reflection Section.

Offline chismism

• Got a Bloody Knee
  • "Like A Lightning Bolt, Your Heart Will Glow!"
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2014, 03:54:31 PM »
It sounds like the unreleased album was when Katy was signed to another label and then dropped.  Based upon that, there's a lot of red tape that both labels would have to break through (licensing, royalties, ownership, distribution etc...).  I wouldn't hold your breath that it will be released as often labels lock unreleased albums TIGHT! Also some artists hate releasing their older material as they view it to be immature and not up to their current standard.

I like to think of this album much like Britney Spears "Original Doll" album. A lot said on it, but will never be released :-\
"Be kind whenever possible; As it is always possible." --Dalai Lama

Offline MaddieHasSwag

• Shake the Glitter!
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2014, 12:36:37 PM »
Not sure if it's true but if so that would be cool!

Offline KatyCatTorzee

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2014, 01:24:33 AM »
I have a feeling this will never happen but one can hope! That special Katycat album idea is awesome though

Thanks to HOURGLAS4 for sig ^
Sydney CDT 14.5.11
Katy Perry: Part of Me Sydney Premiere 30.6.12

Offline hellokatyperry

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2014, 01:16:44 PM »
I don't know if it will happen but at least someone in the business is interested in Katy's old music.  :)
I share with you  :)

Offline Unstoppable

• Dressing Up
  • She's so soft 0_0
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2014, 01:39:21 PM »
That would be really cool!  But I don't think it will happen any time soon.  Seems like taking a huge step back to me, especially if the songs have to be reworked or rerecorded.  I don't know if Katy would want that.
 :katycat3:
California Dreams Tour ~ Manchester 31/10/11
#KP3D Premiere ~ London 03/07/12
The Prismatic World Tour ~ Birmingham 13/05/14, Lyon 20/02/15
Thank you Katy.  I'll try my best to let the light in ▽ ♥

@lizzietothet on Twitter and Facebook :hellokaty:

Offline hellokatyperry

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2014, 02:20:24 PM »
That would be really cool!  But I don't think it will happen any time soon.  Seems like taking a huge step back to me, especially if the songs have to be reworked or rerecorded.  I don't know if Katy would want that.
 :katycat3:
Yeah, no doubt about that, but it's not a bad idea and many think the same  :)