Author Topic: Changing Katy's Albums Tracklist  (Read 448 times)

Offline wowitsjoey

• Futuristic Lover
  • Katycat
Changing Katy's Albums Tracklist
« on: April 13, 2014, 09:49:11 PM »
Hi guys!

Okay so lets say that you have 3 albums you need to create, all of which have the exact same amount of songs as her 3 studio albums under Katy Perry, and you have all of Katy's songs sitting in front of you, including her unreleased tracks. If you could change any of the songs line-up but keeping the exact same amount of tracks in each album would you switch any to other albums?

For example, I would switch the songs "Wide Awake," "E.T," and "Pearl," from the Complete Confection and exchange them with "Roar," "This is How We Do," and "This Moment," from Prism. On top of that, I would replace "Ur So Gay," "Mannequin," and "I'm Still Breathing," with "That's More Like It," "Cup of Coffee,"(Making that song on the standard edition and I'm Still Breathing an exclusive track) and "The Driveway." (Ur So Gay would also not be affected because it would still be a promotional single, it just never would have made the album.) "Rock God" would also replace the Itunes exclusive song "I Think I'm ready."

Not only are some of these just preferences, but I feel like some songs fit more with the albums more, especially the Prism and Teenage Dream switches.

What do you guys think? Anything you would change?

Offline ImStillBreathing

• Wannabe w. more posts
  • By The Grace Of God (There was no other way) ...
Re: Changing Katy's Albums Tracklist
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 11:04:29 AM »
One Of The Boys:
1. One Of The Boys
2. Cup Of Coffee
3. I Kissed A Girl
4. Mannequin
5. Thinking Of You
6. Ur So Gay
7. It's Okay To Believe
8. If You Can Afford Me
9. Self Inflicted
10. I Think I'm Ready
11. Lost
12. I'm Still Breathing

Teenage Dream:
1. Teenage Dream
2. California Gurls
3. Circle The Drain
4. E.T.
5. Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)
6. Hummingbird Heartbeat
7. Walking On Air
8. Birthday
9. Dressin' Up
10. Part Of Me
11. Who Am I Living For
12. Wide Awake

Prism:
1. Roar (Prism)
2. The One That Got Away
3. Legendary Lovers
4. International Smile
5. Unconditionally
6. Love Me
7. This Moment
8. It Takes Two
9. Ghost
10. Double Rainbow
11. Pearl
12. Not Like The Movies
13. By The Grace Of God

Offline BirthdayCat

• Wannabe w. more posts
  • Pop Your Confetti
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 07:07:27 PM »
I think everything is perfect just the way it is.
But I will replace "I'm Still Breathing" with "Look But Don't Touch"
Make it like your birthday everyday :)

Offline mitsguy2001

• Makes U Spark A Firework
  • Katycat
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 11:26:58 AM »
Hi guys!

Okay so lets say that you have 3 albums you need to create, all of which have the exact same amount of songs as her 3 studio albums under Katy Perry, and you have all of Katy's songs sitting in front of you, including her unreleased tracks. If you could change any of the songs line-up but keeping the exact same amount of tracks in each album would you switch any to other albums?

For example, I would switch the songs "Wide Awake," "E.T," and "Pearl," from the Complete Confection and exchange them with "Roar," "This is How We Do," and "This Moment," from Prism. On top of that, I would replace "Ur So Gay," "Mannequin," and "I'm Still Breathing," with "That's More Like It," "Cup of Coffee,"(Making that song on the standard edition and I'm Still Breathing an exclusive track) and "The Driveway." (Ur So Gay would also not be affected because it would still be a promotional single, it just never would have made the album.) "Rock God" would also replace the Itunes exclusive song "I Think I'm ready."

Not only are some of these just preferences, but I feel like some songs fit more with the albums more, especially the Prism and Teenage Dream switches.

I'm not at all familiar with the unreleased songs and the bonus songs on One of the Boys, so I can't comment on them.  Keep in mind that ET is about being in love with a foreigner, specifically Russell Brand, so Teenage Dream is the only album that it could be on.  Part of Me and Wide Awake both sound like Prism songs, and were a good hint as to where Katy would go next.  Most of her songs really could fit on any of her albums.

Offline TheMouse

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 02:43:49 PM »
Well...given it a thought, and as much as I would love to have all the unreleased songs getting released, as far as the three studio albums are concerned I wouldn't change a thing, to say it with Kylie Minogue, haha. That's two different issues for me, and if I had one reason to change anything I feel there's always a better reason why everything is the way it is.

❤ Kitty Purry is my favorite cat ❤

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline wowitsjoey

• Futuristic Lover
  • Katycat
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 08:19:03 PM »
Hi guys!

I'm not at all familiar with the unreleased songs and the bonus songs on One of the Boys, so I can't comment on them.  Keep in mind that ET is about being in love with a foreigner, specifically Russell Brand, so Teenage Dream is the only album that it could be on.  Part of Me and Wide Awake both sound like Prism songs, and were a good hint as to where Katy would go next.  Most of her songs really could fit on any of her albums.

I was talking more sound wise, not particularly the meanings of songs.  ;) ET fits the feel of Prism a lot.

Offline mitsguy2001

• Katycat
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2014, 11:04:53 AM »
I actually think that E.T. fits Teenage Dream really well, more so than Prism.  The song from Teenage Dream that least fits the album I think is Circle the Drain.  That would have fit better with One of the Boys (again, thinking only of the style of song; and not about the real life events leading up to the song).  As I already said, Part of Me and Wide Awake both sound like Prism songs.  I do know that Part of Me was originally written for Teenage Dream but was removed for supposedly not fitting with the album.  It would have worked for Teenage Dream, so I'm not sure why it was deleted.  Again, Circle the Drain was the one that least fit the album.  Thinking of You would have been a bigger hit on Prism or even Teenage Dream.  I don't think the general public was ready for such a song yet by Katy.  I also wonder if Pearl and Who Am I Living For would have possibly fit better with Prism.

Offline Conalae

• 1st Degree Stalker
  • #FireworkBoobs
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2014, 02:56:29 PM »
... I kinda got a bit carried away at making my version of Prism so ***Flawless that my Teenage Dream suffered badly from a lack of good songs. You have no idea how hard I had to fight the urge to bump Hot n Cold, Thinking of You and Dressin' Up to Prism and just throw Teenage Dream to the dogs.

I originally left I Kissed a Girl on OOTB but it felt so out of place with all her less polished tracks that I had to bump it off.  :ummno:

Fingerprints
1. Fingerprints
2. Long Shot
3. Hook Up
4. If You Can Afford Me
5. The Box
6. One of The Boys
7. Simple
8. Ur So Gay
9. Waking Up In Vegas
10. Lost
11. Self Inflicted
12. I'm Still Breathing
13. The Driveway (iTunes bonus track)
14. Cup of Coffee (Walmart/Japan bonus track)

In Another Life
1. Hot N Cold
2. I Kissed a Girl
3. Dressin' Up
4. Circle the Drain
5. Ghost
6. Thinking of You
7. International Smile
8. Last Friday Night
9. California Gurls (ft. Snoop Dogg)
10. Roar
11. Pearl
12. In Another Life (The One That Got Away)

In Another Life: Who Am I Living For?
1. Firework
2. Who Am I Living For?
3. Dark Horse
(Delete this re-release, Idgaf It's only here 'cause I wanted to use all the available tracks)

Legendary Lovers
1. Legendary Lovers
2. Teenage Dream
3. Walking On Air
4. Hummingbird Heartbeat
5. E.T. (ft. Kanye West) Video Version
6. Double Rainbow
7. Spiritual
8. Love Me
9. This Moment
10. Birthday
11. (THIS SHOULD BE HOT N COLDS SPOT SO IN PROTEST OF MYSELF I'M NOT PUTTING ANOTHER SONG HERE.)
12. It Takes Two
13. Choose Your Battles

14. Part of Me
15. Sex Sells
16. Not Like The Movies

Singles:
1. Waking Up In Vegas
2. One of the Boys
3. The Box
4. Long Shot - If I'm allowed more singles than Katy originally had
5. Hook Up

1. Hot n Cold
2. Dressin' Up
3. I Kissed a Girl
4. Circle The Drain
5. Thinking of You
5.5. California Gurls - If I Have to have the same number of singles as Katy
6. Firework
7. Dark Horse

1. Legendary Lovers
2. Teenage Dream
3. E.T. (ft. Kanye West)
4. Walking on Air
5. Hummingbird Heartbeat
6. Double Rainbow
'The Moral of the story is that if you're gonna party hard in Vegas, don't be a pussy.'

Offline mitsguy2001

• Katycat
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2014, 06:15:23 PM »
I actually think that E.T. fits Teenage Dream really well, more so than Prism.  The song from Teenage Dream that least fits the album I think is Circle the Drain.  That would have fit better with One of the Boys (again, thinking only of the style of song; and not about the real life events leading up to the song).  As I already said, Part of Me and Wide Awake both sound like Prism songs.  I do know that Part of Me was originally written for Teenage Dream but was removed for supposedly not fitting with the album.  It would have worked for Teenage Dream, so I'm not sure why it was deleted.  Again, Circle the Drain was the one that least fit the album.  Thinking of You would have been a bigger hit on Prism or even Teenage Dream.  I don't think the general public was ready for such a song yet by Katy.  I also wonder if Pearl and Who Am I Living For would have possibly fit better with Prism.

This is How We Do is probably the song that least fits Prism, so maybe move it to Teenage Dream.  Maybe Birthday could also move to Teenage Dream.  I'm tempted to move Not Like the Movies to Prism, but I also think it works with Teenage Dream.  As I said, all of Katy's songs could fit multiple albums.