Author Topic: Why is "Ur So Gay" so popular on this board?  (Read 1872 times)

Offline mitsguy2001

• Dirty Doggy
  • Katycat
Re: Why is "Ur So Gay" so popular on this board?
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2014, 08:37:11 PM »
Ur So Gay is the most offensive song you've ever heard? I'm guessing you're not a big listener of hip-hop.

No, I do not listen to hip-hop.  But I seriously doubt that there are any hip-hop songs encouraging someone to commit suicide because he doesn't conform to arbitrary gender stereotypes.  And I seriously doubt that there are any hip-hop songs that encourage men to get skin cancer.

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • don't be basic
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2014, 09:17:27 PM »
Ur So Gay is the most offensive song you've ever heard? I'm guessing you're not a big listener of hip-hop.

No, I do not listen to hip-hop.  But I seriously doubt that there are any hip-hop songs encouraging someone to commit suicide because he doesn't conform to arbitrary gender stereotypes.  And I seriously doubt that there are any hip-hop songs that encourage men to get skin cancer.
I'll tell you there are plenty of hip-hop that definitely don't say anything better. She's not telling him to hang himself because he's not that masculine, it's because she feels that she wasn't treated the way she deserved to be during the relationship. And in what world does the line 'you need SPF-45 just to stay alive' encourage men to get skin cancer??
Go enjoy "Ur So Gay".  I'm sure you're a bully in a real life who labels others as "gay" when you don't like them, and accuse them of being homophobic if they claim otherwise.
WOW.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 09:20:44 PM by OneOfKatysBoys »

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline flapfkp

• Little Voyeur
  • It is all so simple, just deal with it
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2014, 10:22:35 PM »
I'm breaking my promise not replying on this thread, but here I go, hopefully to put an end to this with the least amount of damage inflicted as possible.

I'll only write one point so you don't have to break my post into fragments and further cause confusion (don't reply to that, please).

[logicalpost]
This thread was written with somewhat neutral-good intent on your part. It came across as a good representation of your opinion, and an honest inquiry on our opinions. The way it was originally stated, it was respectful and legitimate, hence why I too responded with respect (at first). But if you look through the posts, you'll realize that as more and more people disagree with you (nothing wrong with that), you become more and more defensive. Instead of embracing everyone's opinion like you originally implied, you nagged us until you seemingly got everyone to just give in (which will not happen). It's real easy to say "I respect your opinion", but it's another to actually do it. Regardless of what you think of the song, you must prepare to value others' opinions if you specifically ask for them. If you don't value it, DON'T MAKE A DAMN THREAD LIKE THIS. It's as simple as that.
[/logicalpost]

[rant]
I'm really tired of coming on here and seeing your negativity break the love and kindness that Katy and her fanbase promote. I love this place because everyone has the same mutual love for one person. When you come here and start problems like this, it hurts. Quite honestly, it's starting to become personal for me because you're ruining my visits to this forum. You can do what you like. You don't have to respond, or you can become defensive, whatever you'd like. But you're reading this, so I know this at least will somewhat register with you: don't bother coming here if you're gonna act like a child as you did here. We all know it's not the first time, as I'm sure we've had similar arguments. I'm not a mod, or anyone of any power, but I am a Katycat, and a passionate one at that. I also happen to be one who sees objectively most of the time (as you see with my first reply to this thread). I think I'm speaking for most here when I say you contribute nothing but stress and anger here. I really hope you think about changing your attitude, because all we want (as Katycats) is to enjoy eachother and Katy and her music. You're starting to make that nearly impossible.
[/rant]

07/02/14 Sunrise, FL
08/17/14 St. Louis, MO
10/11/14 Houston, TX

Katycat # 133136
@flapfkp

Offline mitsguy2001

• Dirty Doggy
  • Katycat
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2014, 10:46:08 PM »

I'll tell you there are plenty of hip-hop that definitely don't say anything better. She's not telling him to hang himself because he's not that masculine, it's because she feels that she wasn't treated the way she deserved to be during the relationship. And in what world does the line 'you need SPF-45 just to stay alive' encourage men to get skin cancer??

The song makes absolutely no mention of the guy not treating Katy the way she deserved.  All it does is bash him for not living up to arbitrary gender stereotypes.  And, she mocks him for wearing sunscreen.  If you don't wear sunscreen,  you get skin cancer.

Offline mitsguy2001

• Dirty Doggy
  • Katycat
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2014, 11:04:43 PM »
I'm breaking my promise not replying on this thread, but here I go, hopefully to put an end to this with the least amount of damage inflicted as possible.

I'll only write one point so you don't have to break my post into fragments and further cause confusion (don't reply to that, please).

[logicalpost]
This thread was written with somewhat neutral-good intent on your part. It came across as a good representation of your opinion, and an honest inquiry on our opinions. The way it was originally stated, it was respectful and legitimate, hence why I too responded with respect (at first). But if you look through the posts, you'll realize that as more and more people disagree with you (nothing wrong with that), you become more and more defensive. Instead of embracing everyone's opinion like you originally implied, you nagged us until you seemingly got everyone to just give in (which will not happen). It's real easy to say "I respect your opinion", but it's another to actually do it. Regardless of what you think of the song, you must prepare to value others' opinions if you specifically ask for them. If you don't value it, DON'T MAKE A DAMN THREAD LIKE THIS. It's as simple as that.
[/logicalpost]

I wanted to hear other's opinion on the song.  I didn't get angry until people started attacking me and saying I was taking the song too seriously, when I made it clear that it deals with topics that should not be joked about.  And nobody seems willing to address the double standard.  It wouldn't have gone this way if people just shared their opinion without attacking me.

I'm not even going to respond to your rant since it's too ridiculous to respond to.

Offline flapfkp

• Little Voyeur
  • It is all so simple, just deal with it
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2014, 11:08:43 PM »
I'm gonna use one of your tactics here: refuting your opinion.

I'm not even going to respond to your rant since it's too ridiculous to respond to.

I wonder if it's just you who thinks it's ridiculous, as I'd be willing to bet there are MANY others who share the same feeling as I do.

07/02/14 Sunrise, FL
08/17/14 St. Louis, MO
10/11/14 Houston, TX

Katycat # 133136
@flapfkp

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • don't be basic
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2014, 11:15:54 PM »

The song makes absolutely no mention of the guy not treating Katy the way she deserved.  All it does is bash him for not living up to arbitrary gender stereotypes.  And, she mocks him for wearing sunscreen.  If you don't wear sunscreen,  you get skin cancer.
It's pretty obvious that she feels he is self-centred and doesn't treat her the way she'd like with lyrics like 'I'm so mean cause I cannot get you out of your head / I'm so angry cause you'd rather MySpace instead' (he would rather just talk online with her than take her out) And Jesus Christ, so you think she's wishing skin cancer on him?? My dad is pale as hell, can't stay in the sun for more than 5 minutes and also 'needs SPF 45 just to stay alive', I've made jokes to him about that before but that doesn't mean I'm encouraging him to get skin cancer.

Have you not realised that it's just a silly pop song that she wrote forever ago out of feelings of frustration during a breakup and is not meant to be taken at all seriously or looked at anywhere near this deeply? GET OVER IT.

Oh and by the way, I'm sorry but there is nothing ridiculous about flapfkp's rant.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 11:27:32 PM by OneOfKatysBoys »

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline OfficiallyAKatyKat4Life

• Makes U Spark A Firework
  • Bring The Beat Back...
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2014, 12:13:09 AM »
yet another topic that will,and probably should,get locked... :eyes:

Still waiting to meet her...one day :bambi:
Katy Cat #23892
PHHHOTO:walshiee
Twitter @KatysSoyQuiche
ps..forgive me for misspelling my username :-[

Offline Iced Diamonds

• Wannabe Stalker
  • I love angel eggs
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2014, 04:23:28 AM »
haha yep!  :eyes: this is like beginning to break rules as it is almost personal attacks on people :P this thread sucks  :dragon:
♥ 7th May, Auckland, NZ - The most magical night ever - I MET KATY ♥♥♥!! I ♥ you KPF!
Katycat #2407

Offline OfficiallyAKatyKat4Life

• Makes U Spark A Firework
  • Bring The Beat Back...
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2014, 05:21:36 AM »
haha yep!  :eyes: this is like beginning to break rules as it is almost personal attacks on people :P this thread sucks  :dragon:

haha couldnt agree more!..

:rofl:

Still waiting to meet her...one day :bambi:
Katy Cat #23892
PHHHOTO:walshiee
Twitter @KatysSoyQuiche
ps..forgive me for misspelling my username :-[

Offline M-L

• Real Fan
  • I'm a weirdo.
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2014, 06:16:06 AM »
I believe several honest and valid answers have been given to your question, but you just can't seem to even see them cause they don't go the way you would like them to go.
Anyway, this thread is going (like a few so-called "discussions" you started or "innocent inquiries" you made) straight into a big hard wall, so let's do some damage control and close it.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 06:24:26 AM by M-L »
"My motto from then on was to live life to the fullest, because at the end you're dead."  :spinspin:

Offline Ingie

• Leaves Them All in Awe
  • Chicken Noodle Soup.
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2014, 03:51:45 AM »