Author Topic: Why is "Ur So Gay" so popular on this board?  (Read 2472 times)

Offline mitsguy2001

• Makes U Spark A Firework
  • Katycat
Re: Why is "Ur So Gay" so popular on this board?
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2014, 01:51:31 PM »
You dug so deep you're basically in China right now... Or as your "friend" would say : you're rolling in the deep... :hehe: (yeah, i'm proud of me for this one). Anyway.

This is a silly song. Written as a silly break-up song. End of story, no double standards as to say : if a guy pointed out every single stereotypical stuff that annoyed him with a girl he just broke up with, it would be just that : a silly break-up song. It's actually making fun of the "girl" stereotypes, not the person with the stereotypes... The guy version would be how the girl plays with his video games, drink beer and eats pizza in front of a football game, etc. Neither guys OR girls actually NEED SPF45 just to stay alive => ridiculous stereotype. Same goes for the electric car : stupid stereotype that it's a "girly car". Same for every single "flaw" she cites about him : all of them are "girl" stereotypes she's making fun of ! In the form of a silly break-up song.

And i don't think people "like the song so much", i think you maybe you "hate it so much"... And maybe the fact that you say repeatedly that you don't like that song and don't understand why people would like it annoys other people, hence maybe some more than needed full-frontal reactions... I don't recall reading about a song ANYONE in here would dislike as much as you say everytime you get the opportunity how you don't like Ur so gay.

Do you mind showing me where I've posted before that I don't like this song?  I don't believe I have.  And one of my mentions of the song was in a thread started by someone else, "most unfavored Katy song", so I was completely justified in posting about it there.

Yes i do mind, for several reasons : 1) i don't have time for this, 2) i really don't think it's either interesting or constructive, 3) even if i did it, and quoted you, there would either "not be enough quotes" for your taste to "justify" my point, or worse, you would find a reason for each one of these quotes, saying it doesn't make my point, and i'm being mean to you, and bullying you and what not *sad face*. That's how it goes almost everytime you try to pass a very personal opinion as a very big truth and people try to tell you that it's not. I'm not going into this.
You asked a question in this thread, i answered it giving you my opinion, as it is not a yes/no question with a universal truth for answer, hence the personal opinion lying in everyone's answer here.
I won't go further in the debate.

If you are going to make a false accusation, you should be wiling to back it up, which you don't seem to be.

Offline mitsguy2001

• Katycat
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2014, 01:55:35 PM »
*EDIT* For Christ's sake, stop with those fragmented quotes.
YES THIS. Sorry to complain but i don't think you realise how much you mess the posting up and how difficult you make it for people to reply back to you when you do this.

If you don't like my style of quoting, then don't respond to my posts.   You have been completely rude to me every time you've responded to me the entire time I've been on this board.
Please explain to me how, in any way, that post is rude ^^. And the only reason people are ever 'rude' to you on here is because you make them mad enough to be. And what's the big problem with quoting the way we're supposed to? The way that doesn't make responding back a lot more difficult than it should be for others? Courtesy - it doesn't hurt.

I quote the way I do so that you know what I am responding to.  There is no rule against my style of quoting.  And if there was, it's a moderator's job to tell me, not you.  You are nothing special on this board, contrary to what you think.  If you don't like my style of quoting, then don't respond  to my posts.

First of all, that thread and the one I mentioned are likely the only times I ever mentioned how much I hate that song.  Secondly, you were the one who brought up that song in that thread, and I was just responding.
Why are you so desperate for this to be an exception? You asked to be shown where you've posted that you don't like Ur So Gay and I did it for you... so there... I'm not being unreasonable.
I honestly didn't want to get involved in yours and Olivia's discussion, I just remembered that you have definitely mentioned, at least once, that you don't like Ur So Gay.

Not making it an exception.  You are trying to say that I'm not allowed at all to state my opinion on a song?  You and others claim that I constantly mentioned how much I hate that song.  My point is that it is not true.  I only recall mentioning it in a thread started by someone else about your least favorite Katy song (where I was completely on topic in my post) and in another thread where you were the one who mentioned the song, and I stated my opinion.  Just because we all like Katy doesn't mean we have to like every song by hers.  To be honest, Ur So Gay very well may be the most offensive song I have ever heard by any artist, since it encourages the worst kind of bullying, and she gets away with it.

Offline mitsguy2001

• Katycat
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2014, 01:58:15 PM »
Nobody has addressed the core issue of my post: the double standard.  Everyone here keeps telling me that I'm taking the song too seriously.  But nobody ever tells minorities, gays, Jews, or Muslims that they are taking a song too seriously.  Dark Horse video being a perfect example (and the fact that it was the video and not the song means nothing; TheMouse was just trying to avoid reality).

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • don't be basic
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2014, 03:41:40 PM »
You dug so deep you're basically in China right now... Or as your "friend" would say : you're rolling in the deep... :hehe: (yeah, i'm proud of me for this one). Anyway.

This is a silly song. Written as a silly break-up song. End of story, no double standards as to say : if a guy pointed out every single stereotypical stuff that annoyed him with a girl he just broke up with, it would be just that : a silly break-up song. It's actually making fun of the "girl" stereotypes, not the person with the stereotypes... The guy version would be how the girl plays with his video games, drink beer and eats pizza in front of a football game, etc. Neither guys OR girls actually NEED SPF45 just to stay alive => ridiculous stereotype. Same goes for the electric car : stupid stereotype that it's a "girly car". Same for every single "flaw" she cites about him : all of them are "girl" stereotypes she's making fun of ! In the form of a silly break-up song.

And i don't think people "like the song so much", i think you maybe you "hate it so much"... And maybe the fact that you say repeatedly that you don't like that song and don't understand why people would like it annoys other people, hence maybe some more than needed full-frontal reactions... I don't recall reading about a song ANYONE in here would dislike as much as you say everytime you get the opportunity how you don't like Ur so gay.

Do you mind showing me where I've posted before that I don't like this song?  I don't believe I have.  And one of my mentions of the song was in a thread started by someone else, "most unfavored Katy song", so I was completely justified in posting about it there.

Yes i do mind, for several reasons : 1) i don't have time for this, 2) i really don't think it's either interesting or constructive, 3) even if i did it, and quoted you, there would either "not be enough quotes" for your taste to "justify" my point, or worse, you would find a reason for each one of these quotes, saying it doesn't make my point, and i'm being mean to you, and bullying you and what not *sad face*. That's how it goes almost everytime you try to pass a very personal opinion as a very big truth and people try to tell you that it's not. I'm not going into this.
You asked a question in this thread, i answered it giving you my opinion, as it is not a yes/no question with a universal truth for answer, hence the personal opinion lying in everyone's answer here.
I won't go further in the debate.

If you are going to make a false accusation, you should be wiling to back it up, which you don't seem to be.
I was! :hithere:
Oh look I found another one! http://katyperryforum.com/index.php?topic=16078.msg734523#msg734523 (I honestly didn't even go looking for this, I was just lurking and still found one :lol:)

EDIT: ohp. Olivia got there first, 7 seconds earlier.

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• don't be basic
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2014, 04:30:57 PM »
I quote the way I do so that you know what I am responding to.  There is no rule against my style of quoting.  And if there was, it's a moderator's job to tell me, not you.  You are nothing special on this board, contrary to what you think.  If you don't like my style of quoting, then don't respond  to my posts.
The person you're replying to is the person who wrote the post in the first place, as long as you don't make it unclear what you mean, they'll know which points you are referring to. When have I told you/acted like I'm more special than everyone else on the forum? I didn't make a demand, I wasn't even assertive towards you, so why are you accusing me of acting like I'm special (then again I doubt you'll answer this question just like you didn't with the one about me being 'rude' to you). And it's pretty hard for other people to not respond back to you when you were responding to a post they made in the first place and you make so many posts that need responding to (AKA correcting... or honestly just plain ridiculing).
Not making it an exception.  You are trying to say that I'm not allowed at all to state my opinion on a song?  You and others claim that I constantly mentioned how much I hate that song.  My point is that it is not true.  I only recall mentioning it in a thread started by someone else about your least favorite Katy song (where I was completely on topic in my post) and in another thread where you were the one who mentioned the song, and I stated my opinion.  Just because we all like Katy doesn't mean we have to like every song by hers.  To be honest, Ur So Gay very well may be the most offensive song I have ever heard by any artist, since it encourages the worst kind of bullying, and she gets away with it.
When did I say ANYTHING of the sort? You asked to be shown a post in which you had stated that you don't like Ur So Gay, I gave you one and I even made it clear that that was ALL that I was doing and that I wasn't 'trying to say' anything. Stop acting like everyone on the forum is trying to attack you. No one said you had to like every song Katy has made (I know I don't) and Ur So Gay is the most offensive song you've ever heard? I'm guessing you're not a big listener of hip-hop.

And how are you 'not making it an exception'? Even just now you've been given, what, 7 examples of when you have mentioned that you don't like Ur So Gay, which is all you asked for (well, you only asked for one), and you have made an exception for every single one of them. And yes there are actually examples there where you were the one who brought Ur So Gay up.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 04:51:46 PM by OneOfKatysBoys »

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan

Offline Olivia

• Calendar Bitch
  • Is Ready
  • www.yoppappop.com
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2014, 05:06:37 PM »
http://katyperryforum.com/index.php?topic=130.msg719146#msg719146

http://katyperryforum.com/index.php?topic=130.msg719225#msg719225

http://katyperryforum.com/index.php?topic=15830.msg719973#msg719973

http://katyperryforum.com/index.php?topic=6961.msg727940#msg727940

http://katyperryforum.com/index.php?topic=6961.msg728334#msg728334

http://katyperryforum.com/index.php?topic=15600.msg732128#msg732128

http://katyperryforum.com/index.php?topic=16078.msg734523#msg734523

whatever.

And every one of those posts is me responding to someone else about that song, and I was completely justified in everything that I said.  And one of those posts was me saying that Katy's voice is beautiful.

DEFINITELY NOT.
And that's funny how you did exactly what i said you would do if i posted the quotes.
And i am now willingly ignoring everything you post. Maybe you just annoy me.

Offline mitsguy2001

• Katycat
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2014, 06:30:39 PM »
The person you're replying to is the person who wrote the post in the first place, as long as you don't make it unclear what you mean, they'll know which points you are referring to. When have I told you/acted like I'm more special than everyone else on the forum? I didn't make a demand, I wasn't even assertive towards you, so why are you accusing me of acting like I'm special (then again I doubt you'll answer this question just like you didn't with the one about me being 'rude' to you). And it's pretty hard for other people to not respond back to you when you were responding to a post they made in the first place and you make so many posts that need responding to (AKA correcting... or honestly just plain ridiculing).
When did I say ANYTHING of the sort? You asked to be shown a post in which you had stated that you don't like Ur So Gay, I gave you one and I even made it clear that that was ALL that I was doing and that I wasn't 'trying to say' anything. Stop acting like everyone on the forum is trying to attack you. No one said you had to like every song Katy has made (I know I don't) and Ur So Gay is the most offensive song you've ever heard? I'm guessing you're not a big listener of hip-hop.

And how are you 'not making it an exception'? Even just now you've been given, what, 7 examples of when you have mentioned that you don't like Ur So Gay, which is all you asked for (well, you only asked for one), and you have made an exception for every single one of them. And yes there are actually examples there where you were the one who brought Ur So Gay up.

None of those were cases where I brought up the song.  Am I not allowed to mention I don't like the song when it's mentioned by others?

Offline mitsguy2001

• Katycat
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2014, 06:31:45 PM »
http://katyperryforum.com/index.php?topic=130.msg719146#msg719146

http://katyperryforum.com/index.php?topic=130.msg719225#msg719225

http://katyperryforum.com/index.php?topic=15830.msg719973#msg719973

http://katyperryforum.com/index.php?topic=6961.msg727940#msg727940

http://katyperryforum.com/index.php?topic=6961.msg728334#msg728334

http://katyperryforum.com/index.php?topic=15600.msg732128#msg732128

http://katyperryforum.com/index.php?topic=16078.msg734523#msg734523

whatever.

And every one of those posts is me responding to someone else about that song, and I was completely justified in everything that I said.  And one of those posts was me saying that Katy's voice is beautiful.

DEFINITELY NOT.
And that's funny how you did exactly what i said you would do if i posted the quotes.
And i am now willingly ignoring everything you post. Maybe you just annoy me.

Good.  Every post of yours in response of mine has been rude.  Maybe you just annoy me.  Glad I won't have to listen to you any more.  Have fun listening to Ur So Gay.  Glad you like it so much.

Offline Iced Diamonds

• Wannabe Stalker
  • I love angel eggs
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2014, 06:36:29 PM »
This is fucked up. We all have our own ideas but that doesn't mean we need to preach them. Whether you were responding or not you still said it and like 7+ times. It's kinda not necessary. Oh and about you're double standard obsession TBH i'd just be so fucking happy someone actually thinks about me enough to write a song about me  :hehe:
♥ 7th May, Auckland, NZ - The most magical night ever - I MET KATY ♥♥♥!! I ♥ you KPF!
Katycat #2407

Offline CiaraCandyCat

• A Dead Battery
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2014, 06:36:58 PM »
Since the title of this thread asks why the song is popular here, I'll chip in and suggest that one of the main reasons is because it was the song that got Katy more noticed (e.g. Madonna dropping Katy's name and her love for the song in a radio interview). That might be the reason she still performed it at the CDT. It's probably special to her because it was like the beginning of the One of the Boys era before I Kissed A Girl really blew up. That or they just like the song. They can't help it if their ears like it I guess.

I know a few people might be offended by it but I do know gay men and lesbians who love the song and just see it as funny and almost satirical.
Same goes for I Kissed a Girl, which some lesbians found offensive for "fetishizing" their sexuality, the same song which I watched a lesbian couple dance to jokingly at their own wedding.  :hehe:
What I'm trying to say is it all boils down to the person. There's nothing wrong with being offended by something; everyone has that right. If something like this song offends someone personally, then that's them. It doesn't mean everyone else feels the same way. I think it all depends on how someone interprets the song.  :)

No one is forcing you to like the song. You don't like it and that's totally fine, there's just no point in arguing about something when it comes to personal taste because it will just go nowhere.
We should all just chill and listen to this (relevant) song:  :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9VAQBClVNA

Nov 7th 2011 - #DublinDreams
May 7th 2014 - Belfast #PrismaticWorldTour
Twitter: @lollipocalypse_
Tumblr: bogey-lowenstein.tumblr.com

Offline mitsguy2001

• Katycat
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2014, 06:38:59 PM »
Since the title of this thread asks why the song is popular here, I'll chip in and suggest that one of the main reasons is because it was the song that got Katy more noticed (e.g. Madonna dropping Katy's name and her love for the song in a radio interview). That might be the reason she still performed it at the CDT. It's probably special to her because it was like the beginning of the One of the Boys era before I Kissed A Girl really blew up. That or they just like the song. They can't help it if their ears like it I guess.

I know a few people might be offended by it but I do know gay men and lesbians who love the song and just see it as funny and almost satirical.
Same goes for I Kissed a Girl, which some lesbians found offensive for "fetishizing" their sexuality, the same song which I watched a lesbian couple dance to jokingly at their own wedding.  :hehe:
What I'm trying to say is it all boils down to the person. There's nothing wrong with being offended by something; everyone has that right. If something like this song offends someone personally, then that's them. It doesn't mean everyone else feels the same way. I think it all depends on how someone interprets the song.  :)

No one is forcing you to like the song. You don't like it and that's totally fine, there's just no point in arguing about something when it comes to personal taste because it will just go nowhere.
We should all just chill and listen to this (relevant) song:  :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9VAQBClVNA

Thank you for actually posting an intelligent response, unlike most others in this thread.

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• don't be basic
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2014, 06:55:04 PM »

None of those were cases where I brought up the song.  Am I not allowed to mention I don't like the song when it's mentioned by others?
Third link, second last link and pretty much the last link too. I love how that was the only thing I said that you responded to :lol:

@contraduncan

Offline mitsguy2001

• Katycat
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2014, 08:33:52 PM »

Third link, second last link and pretty much the last link too. I love how that was the only thing I said that you responded to :lol:

Since you don't want me to break your post into quotes, I'm only going to respond to the last part of your post.

You missed the point of the 3rd link: it was to say that Katy's voice is beautiful.

The penultimate link was me defending myself against another poster; the intent was not to bash the song.

The last link, another poster had already mentioned the song.

Honestly, we're just wasting each other's time.  Go enjoy "Ur So Gay".  I'm sure you're a bully in a real life who labels others as "gay" when you don't like them, and accuse them of being homophobic if they claim otherwise.