Author Topic: CMT Crossroads - CMT, US - June 13th 2014  (Read 3625 times)

Offline SharonRKat

• Shake the Glitter!
  • Katycat
Re: CMT Crossroads - CMT, US - June 13th 2014
« Reply #120 on: June 16, 2014, 02:23:08 PM »
Woops that comma got in there lol she was born in 2011 but Hubby wouldn't go with Katy or Katherine as his niece is already named that her name is Isobelle, Belle for short :)
♡ Katy touched my hand (Belfast) Dancers Leah & Scott touched my hand (London)
☆Belfast 8th of May 2014
☆London 31st May 2014
☆Barcelona 16th Feb 2014

Offline Lady Kenobi

• Cherry Chapstick
  • No regrets, just love
« Reply #121 on: June 16, 2014, 03:09:10 PM »
I love it  :dreamboat: Katy voice is perfect in Nashville style. I think Kacey voice was lost when she and Katy sang together, but I liked Kacey songs.

anyone know if there is going to be a dvd? lol. i want a dvd. my wifi is dying coz i keep watching it over and over.
When Taylor Swift was in Crossroads few years ago, they published an official DVD with the program where she went, so I think they should do the same with Katy, she deserves it  :)

They should do that!

I agree after all the videos on youtube are all blocked now :(

It's a shame, specially for people like me that are from other countries and don't have the opportunity to watch it on TV.

Offline TheMouse

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #122 on: June 17, 2014, 05:33:01 AM »
If you don't watch this video before it's deleted...!     

http://youtu.be/NhZVAw8vHbU

« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 05:42:02 AM by TheMouse »

:) She gave me my guitar back...
She gave me my voice back...

...and I have opened one that leads me to the perfect road :firework:

...what more could I want? :frolickingghost: :frolickingghost: :frolickingghost:

Offline Carmenxox

• Makes U Spark A Firework
  • I can see the writing on the wall
« Reply #123 on: June 17, 2014, 07:26:33 AM »
I haven't been able to post here with not pc at home  ???...but I absolutely loved this! It was so cute to see Katy back to what I feel are her 'roots' and the chemistry between her and Kacey is so qewt!

Proud Katycat #5998
"You are never fully dressed without a smile" - Katy Perry

Offline ILoveKatyBird

• Leaves Them All in Awe
  • ♥▽PRISMATIC WORLD TOUR♥▽
« Reply #124 on: June 17, 2014, 03:13:57 PM »
KatyCats who got to see this live are soooo lucky! Perfect performances!! :xx:

♥  27/3/11 ,12/10/11 , 18/10/11 , 31/10/11 , 5/11/11, 9/6/12 , 3/7/12, 30/09/13, 7/5/14, 21/5/14, 23/5/14, 28/5/14, 30/5/14, 31/5/14 ♥

Thanks to HOURGLAS4 for my amazing sig!! :)

Offline mitsguy2001

• Head-Turning
  • Katycat
« Reply #125 on: June 17, 2014, 08:52:57 PM »
I really enjoyed that show a lot.  They both sang beautifully, and their voices worked very well together.  And they seemed to both have a lot of respect for each other, which was really nice to see.  I wasn't familiar with Kacey's music, so it was nice to see a lot of it.

Two things I wonder about: firstly, what was that when Katy said something about God saying she's ugly, and then she said that she thought they had a good relationship?  Was there something I may have missed?

Also, was Kacey originally intending to write "Follow Your Arrow" for Katy to include on Prism?  If so, how would she have even met Katy, when (as far as I know), Kacey was unknown at the time?  Or did I mishear something?  I could definitely see Katy relating to "Follow Your Arrow", and I wonder if perhaps "I Kissed a Girl" could have somewhat inspired it?

there was an announcer over the loud speaker who asked the make up people to come to the stage, and katy was acting like it was "God" speaking to her since it was just a voice.

What does that have to do with Katy being ugly (which she obviously isn't)?  Seems like I missed something.

Offline mitsguy2001

• Head-Turning
  • Katycat
« Reply #126 on: June 17, 2014, 08:54:18 PM »
Another thing I'm confused about is, I've read online that Kacey and Katy co-wrote "Follow Your Arrow".  But I don't see Katy listed as a co-writer.  Did they not actually co-write it, or did Katy just not take writing credit for whatever reason?

Offline katykicksass

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • Once a KatyCat, Always a KatyCat
« Reply #127 on: June 17, 2014, 08:57:42 PM »
I really enjoyed that show a lot.  They both sang beautifully, and their voices worked very well together.  And they seemed to both have a lot of respect for each other, which was really nice to see.  I wasn't familiar with Kacey's music, so it was nice to see a lot of it.

Two things I wonder about: firstly, what was that when Katy said something about God saying she's ugly, and then she said that she thought they had a good relationship?  Was there something I may have missed?

Also, was Kacey originally intending to write "Follow Your Arrow" for Katy to include on Prism?  If so, how would she have even met Katy, when (as far as I know), Kacey was unknown at the time?  Or did I mishear something?  I could definitely see Katy relating to "Follow Your Arrow", and I wonder if perhaps "I Kissed a Girl" could have somewhat inspired it?

there was an announcer over the loud speaker who asked the make up people to come to the stage, and katy was acting like it was "God" speaking to her since it was just a voice.

What does that have to do with Katy being ugly (which she obviously isn't)?  Seems like I missed something.

It was a joke. It was meant to be funny.
06/30/2011 Toronto @ Air Canada Centre
07/18/2014 Toronto @ Air Canada Centre
07/21/2014 Toronto @ Air Canada Centre

Offline Icypole

« Reply #128 on: June 17, 2014, 09:06:34 PM »

It was a joke; the loudspeaker requested the make up artists to the stage and Katy made a joke about how the loudspeaker was God implying she was ugly.

Offline Lady Kenobi

• Cherry Chapstick
  • No regrets, just love
« Reply #129 on: June 17, 2014, 09:11:55 PM »
Another thing I'm confused about is, I've read online that Kacey and Katy co-wrote "Follow Your Arrow".  But I don't see Katy listed as a co-writer.  Did they not actually co-write it, or did Katy just not take writing credit for whatever reason?

Of what they explained in the program I understood that Kacey wrote the song thinking it'll be good for Katy/Prism but when Katy heard it she said Kacey must have the song. Katy didn't write it, but it was wrote for her...

Offline Icypole

« Reply #130 on: June 17, 2014, 09:19:48 PM »

Of what they explained in the program I understood that Kacey wrote the song thinking it'll be good for Katy/Prism but when Katy heard it she said Kacey must have the song. Katy didn't write it, but it was wrote for her...

Yes, it sounds like Kacey came to Katy with a bit of the melody or something and Katy told her to keep it.

Offline cottoncandycloud9

• Dressing Up
  • After a hurricane, comes a rainbow
« Reply #131 on: June 17, 2014, 09:43:43 PM »

no one directly said she was ugly, its just her sense of humor. since she was saying the voice was god and they were asking for make up for the girls on stage she was saying "are you saying I'm ugly?" as if she needed the make up.....
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 09:45:37 PM by cottoncandycloud9 »

Offline cottoncandycloud9

• Dressing Up
  • After a hurricane, comes a rainbow
« Reply #132 on: June 17, 2014, 09:44:26 PM »

Yup that's what I got from it too.

Offline SmackUTwice

• 2nd Degree Stalker
  • You Did It BAYBEE!
« Reply #133 on: June 17, 2014, 10:47:36 PM »
Yes, it sounds like Kacey came to Katy with a bit of the melody or something and Katy told her to keep it.

this. :)

Offline Lady Kenobi

• Cherry Chapstick
  • No regrets, just love
« Reply #134 on: June 17, 2014, 11:02:00 PM »

no one directly said she was ugly, its just her sense of humor. since she was saying the voice was god and they were asking for make up for the girls on stage she was saying "are you saying I'm ugly?" as if she needed the make up.....

Yes, it really sound like some joke Katy will make and I understood the joke was in that sense.