Author Topic: Katy mentioned in pilot episode of "Sam and Cat"  (Read 556 times)

Offline mitsguy2001

• Dirty Doggy
  • Katycat
Katy mentioned in pilot episode of "Sam and Cat"
« on: March 18, 2014, 11:23:39 AM »
Out of curiosity, I recently watched the pilot episode of "Sam and Cat", where Ariana Grande is one of the co-stars.  In that episode, Katy was mentioned!!  I do know that currently, Katy and Ariana are friends, and that they are big fans of each other.  Does anyone know if Katy and Ariana were friends at the time that episode was shot?  Or, was Katy aware that she was mentioned, and maybe that caused her to watch the show and become a fan of Ariana?  I'm not sure how Katy would have otherwise known about Ariana at the time.  Ariana's start was in a Broadway show called "13", but it's unlikely that Katy ever saw it (she never lived anywhere near New York City, and was not famous at the time).  I assume that Ariana was already a fan of Katy, so maybe that was why she was mentioned.  Anyone know?  Thanks.

Offline KittenHangingByAThread

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • Your words can pollute the future.
Re: Katy mentioned in pilot episode of "Sam and Cat"
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 10:43:07 PM »
I'm assuming Katy would have known of Ariana from her single "The Way" with Mac Miller. Especially during the single's release she was getting compared to Mariah Carey and getting press towards that as well. Pop stars get mentioned on children's shows all the time, I don't think there's a specific reason.. Just on a side note.
City lights and big dreams. | PROUD KATYCAT #68481

Twitter: https://twitter.com/kittenonathread
Tumblr: http://cupcakesushikimono.tumblr.com
Calgary Dreams 7/16/2011| PWT Calgary 8/29/2014 :xx:

Offline mitsguy2001

• Dirty Doggy
  • Katycat
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 11:11:40 AM »
I'm assuming Katy would have known of Ariana from her single "The Way" with Mac Miller. Especially during the single's release she was getting compared to Mariah Carey and getting press towards that as well. Pop stars get mentioned on children's shows all the time, I don't think there's a specific reason.. Just on a side note.

That makes sense, since according to Wikipedia, "The Way" was released Mar. 26, 2013, and "Sam and Cat" premiered June 8, 2013.

Offline SmackUTwice

• 2nd Degree Stalker
  • You Did It BAYBEE!
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 03:59:28 PM »
Ariana met Katy in 2011... Katy told her she looked like the little mermaid, lol. Pretty sure Katy already knew who she was even then...

Offline mitsguy2001

• Dirty Doggy
  • Katycat
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 11:23:57 PM »
Ariana met Katy in 2011... Katy told her she looked like the little mermaid, lol. Pretty sure Katy already knew who she was even then...

How and where did they meet in 2011?  As far as I know, I don't think Ariana was famous in 2011.   I think she had only been in "13", which was years earlier, and Katy was unlikely to have seen.

Offline OfficiallyAKatyKat4Life

• Makes U Spark A Firework
  • Bring The Beat Back...
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 11:47:23 PM »
before Ariana was on Sam&Cat,she was on another Nickelodeon show called "Victorious" and i think she may have sung sometime during that show..and i remember she did a cover on youtube of Adele's "Rolling In The Deep" during that time,or maybe even before that show started,so she may have heard about her thru one of those??idk..

Still waiting to meet her...one day :bambi:
Katy Cat #23892
PHHHOTO:walshiee
Twitter @KatysSoyQuiche
ps..forgive me for misspelling my username :-[

Offline mitsguy2001

• Dirty Doggy
  • Katycat
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 01:04:31 AM »
before Ariana was on Sam&Cat,she was on another Nickelodeon show called "Victorious" and i think she may have sung sometime during that show..and i remember she did a cover on youtube of Adele's "Rolling In The Deep" during that time,or maybe even before that show started,so she may have heard about her thru one of those??idk..

That makes sense; I wasn't aware of Victorious.

• Bring The Beat Back...
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 04:51:22 AM »
yup,Ariana was on Victorious and the blonde girl on Sam & Cat was on iCarly..both those shows ended,so they kinda merged the shows in a way lol

Katy Cat #23892
Twitter @KatysSoyQuiche

Offline SmackUTwice

• 2nd Degree Stalker
  • You Did It BAYBEE!
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 08:30:00 AM »
I remember Victoria Justice being on Zoey 101 (with Britney Spears lil sister) and just knowing she'd be a "big star"... just had that look and flow about her. (At katy's KP3D premiere in LA I got to high five Victoria, LOL!!) As did Ariana... the look and flow, haha!

Dont forget Katy is OFTEN in the know about "the next big thing" hehehehe

Offline mitsguy2001

• Dirty Doggy
  • Katycat
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2014, 11:45:40 PM »
Is Ariana's talking voice on Sam and Cat her natural voice, or is it specifically for her character?  It sounds so different from her singing voice.

• Bring The Beat Back...
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2014, 07:03:47 AM »
Is Ariana's talking voice on Sam and Cat her natural voice, or is it specifically for her character?  It sounds so different from her singing voice.

:lol: no,thats a voice she puts on just for the show lol

Katy Cat #23892
Twitter @KatysSoyQuiche

Offline mitsguy2001

• Dirty Doggy
  • Katycat
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2014, 09:33:06 PM »
It seems that Victorious is about a singer, so it makes sense that Katy would be interested in that show.  Does it air anymore?  I've only seen a few episodes of Sam and Cat.  Does Ariana sing in any of them?  Is the pilot the only episode that Katy is somehow connected with?

Offline wowitsjoey

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2014, 09:46:41 PM »
It seems that Victorious is about a singer, so it makes sense that Katy would be interested in that show.  Does it air anymore?  I've only seen a few episodes of Sam and Cat.  Does Ariana sing in any of them?  Is the pilot the only episode that Katy is somehow connected with?

Victorious is about a fine arts school. Ariana does sing in a few episodes, but I don't think she has any solos within the show. I've been following Ariana for quite some time now and I believe that Katy knew about her before hand. Not only was Ariana posting covers before she was even on victorious and during filming the show (one of them is Teenage Dream), but she also has made videos of her impressions. One of the videos that she's made of impressions includes an impression of Katy Perry. Ariana has been in the spotlight for a while, it's no surprise that Katy knew who she was. You can hear about her meeting Katy here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NYsPaGTGcoA