Author Topic: 27th Annual Kids Choice Awards @ USC's Galen Center- Nick, US - March 29, 2014  (Read 1400 times)

Offline Lady Kenobi

• Wesley Willis
  • Choose your battles, babe. Then you'll win the war
At which hour will be the ceremony? I'm always confused with that.

05/02/2011 Purr launch (Mexico City)
03/09/2011 California Dreams Tour (Mexico City)
17/10/2014 The Prismatic World Tour (Mexico City)

Offline flapfkp

• Little Voyeur
  • It is all so simple, just deal with it

This event already occurred a few days ago. She didn't attend nor win.

07/02/14 Sunrise, FL
08/17/14 St. Louis, MO
10/10/14 Houston, TX
10/11/14 Houston, TX

Katycat # 133136
@FLApfkp

Offline Lady Kenobi

• Wesley Willis

Right, it's april. Sorry I'm still living in march (duh for me) ???

It's a shame she didn't win.

Offline TheMouse

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.

Katy went to the Museum of Contemporary Art event instead, good choice for a grown up woman  :lol:

❤ Kitty Purry is my favorite cat ❤

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• don't be basic

This is maybe a controversial thing to say but I do think the two may have a connection (attending and winning)
I really do have a suspicion that with ceremonies like this and People's Choice they generally just give the award to the people that turn up.

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline Lady Kenobi

• Wesley Willis

This is maybe a controversial thing to say but I do think the two may have a connection (attending and winning)
I really do have a suspicion that with ceremonies like this and People's Choice they generally just give the award to the people that turn up.

Yes, but also in the Teen Choice Awards and other awards where public can choice and vote.

:ummno: suspicious because you never know who really won.

Offline flapfkp

• Little Voyeur
  • It is all so simple, just deal with it

Yes, but also in the Teen Choice Awards and other awards where public can choice and vote.

It's much simpler to explain to adults that the artist who won isn't here than a bunch of kids. KCA is for kids, and it needs to appeal to them.

07/02/14 Sunrise, FL
08/17/14 St. Louis, MO
10/10/14 Houston, TX
10/11/14 Houston, TX

Katycat # 133136
@FLApfkp

Offline TheMouse

It's much simpler to explain to adults that the artist who won isn't here than a bunch of kids. KCA is for kids, and it needs to appeal to them.
I only find that theory a bit confusing because I'd assume, Katy knows she was eliminated from the votes by not having enough and as a result of that she's not there, but not the other way round. In this case also she did in fact have something better to do by the look of it.

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• don't be basic

Wait this May be a stupid question but, People's Choice, Teen Choice and Kids' Choice... are they all the same thing? There's your connection then.

The really bad thing is that all these awards make such a big deal out of being the choice of the public... hardly!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 08:23:53 AM by OneOfKatysBoys »

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan

Offline cataclare

• Cherry Chapstick

Katy went to the Museum of Contemporary Art event instead, good choice for a grown up woman  :lol:
Yeah I saw her picture lol whatta cutie!
~ I know a place where the grass is always greener ~ CANDYFORNIA!!

Offline SantaBarbaraKitty

• Makes U Spark A Firework
For most award shows, the winners are given advance notice that they won for certain categories.  That is why the winners happen to always be there.  I don't think it's ever the other way around (giving awards to those who show up).

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• don't be basic
I think the opposite because I find the people that show up and get awarded are often people that most of the time don't win awards against their fellow nominees.

Just an eg, Britney Spears, whose peak was a while ago and whose current album is doing particularly badly compared to all her others (Britney Jean's total US sales are still yet to pass Prism's 1st week US sales) + others of her contemporaries turned up to the people's choice awards for the first time and won her first PCA this year. Coincidence idk. And yeah, obviously I don't full on KNOW this, just a strong feeling I get.

@contraduncan

Offline TheMouse

For most award shows, the winners are given advance notice that they won for certain categories.  That is why the winners happen to always be there.  I don't think it's ever the other way around (giving awards to those who show up).
I agree totally, that's simply not how awards work ever, and Britney went to PCA for the first time because she knew this time she had an award to be picked up. People think way too hard about these things, in reality they're completely logical.

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• don't be basic
How do you know? Even when you think about how she's clearly not the 'people's choice' at the moment? When there have been many other years where she would have seemed much more likely to win and literally every other nominee in the category is currently more popular than her?

I don't think that what you're saying is illogical, that probably goes on sometimes too but I think that what I'm saying is definitely logical too.

@contraduncan

Offline TheMouse

I get your point, too, but honestly what children and teenagers mostly vote in the end by hitting a phone screen for hours a day is pretty much a random result and doesn't say much about a literal 'people's' choice. That's why I don't get overexcited any more nowadays either if Katy does get one of those things. What I meant was, Britney was notified of her award, and that's why she was there. Why did she get the award? Kids who are fans of hers were bored and had lots of time on their hands. That's what the multiple voting system does, it's worthless. And if Katy won I'd say the same.