Author Topic: Petition to UNcensor Katy's Dark Horse video  (Read 762 times)

Offline wowitsjoey

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
Re: Petition to UNcensor Katy's Dark Horse video
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2014, 04:05:32 PM »
Religion has no place in entertainment, unless it's a religious entertainment... So i'm all for not mentionning any religion in music videos, especially when it's hurtful to those in this religion. The Hallah necklace had nothing to do with the storyboeard or the song, in my humble opinion, it shouldn't have been there in the first place. I'm not for OVEREACTING but i'm for peace and respect. Muslim people found it disrespectful, it has no point in the video => it's out. Good thing.

Gaga lavishing in Catholic crosses was NOT respectful, and i think it's the same problem and should have been modified. But somehow, it didn't, for some reason that i don't get right now (Gaga's power ? Catholic people not caring about it ? People not being afraid of catholic people as they are afraid of Muslim all for the wrong reasons but that's a fact ? i don't kow).

I think we can clearly come to the conclusion that Lady Gaga can get away with a lot more than any other artist right now no matter what she's doing because everyone says she's doing it for art reasons.  :ummno: I do agree with you though about how religious symbols shouldn't be used unless the song itself has religious symbols in it. Not only because it can offend people, but every artist who does it becomes a target for illuminati claims and hateful spews.
So you think being careful not to do anything which the illuminati lunatics could use for their fried-brain fantasies is the way to go? In that case you may as well abolish half of the contents which have ever been posted on YouTube. And again, not even the nutcase from Bradford said he was offended because the symbol was IN the video, he professed to be offended because it was shown being destroyed.
I'm not saying that artists should tiptoe around the illuminati claims and try to not include any references to it because clearly most videos get illuminati claims, what I'm saying is that when religious objects are used they are more open to hate and illuminati/satanism claims. Take for example Katy's performance of Dark Horse at the Grammys, most people were upset because her outfit had the cross on it, and that was just another easy way for them to claim that it was satanic, when clearly it was just themed. There's always going to be illuminati claims, especially in Egyptian videos as that's supposedly where the symbolism is drawn from. The point I was getting at is Katy and other artists should probably stay away from using religious-like symbolisms within their videos unless they're in a positive light or have something to do with the song.

Offline Carmenxox

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • I can see the writing on the wall
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2014, 04:11:18 PM »
The point I was getting at is Katy and other artists should probably stay away from using religious-like symbolisms within their videos unless they're in a positive light or have something to do with the song.

I agree but even that last little positive comment you made is a bit too optimistic in this day and age. No matter how much you try to put a point of religion in a positive light, someone's always going to find something negative.

Proud Katycat #5998
"You are never fully dressed without a smile" - Katy Perry

Offline TheMouse

• I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2014, 04:32:05 PM »
The point I was getting at is Katy and other artists should probably stay away from using religious-like symbolisms within their videos unless they're in a positive light or have something to do with the song.

I agree but even that last little positive comment you made is a bit too optimistic in this day and age. No matter how much you try to put a point of religion in a positive light, someone's always going to find something negative.
The one thing which is forgotten in this discussion is that neither Katy nor any other creative force on the team intended to include religious symbols in this video which is clearly meant just as a humorous fun version of the song. They weren't aware of it - that in itself may point to the necessity of looking at things a bit more carefully when rummaging in the big props chest to find 'nice looking' stuff for ornaments, but it's not really a conclusion to be drawn to say they shouldn't use it when they never meant to use it.
Neither would it have caused so much offence even to the weirdest people if it had just been there, it was its dissolution through 'magic', not it's presence, which caused the problem.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 04:36:37 PM by TheMouse »

The day my friend told me that I'm '...a natural blues singer...' (August 12th 2014) Why can't every day be like that? 

IthinkIwouldcommitsuicideanytimeifitsavedkaty'slifebecauseI'velivedmineandtheworldneedshermore

:firework: :frolickingghost: :firework: :frolickingghost: :firework:

Offline TheMouse

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2014, 05:50:34 PM »
Tbh the only reason it should've been removed is because it wasn't historically accurate.
Yes, everything else in the video looks exactly like it used to be a crazy long time ago, just like Katy Perry videos usually are in fact a correct and precise depiction of...something.

The day my friend told me that I'm '...a natural blues singer...' (August 12th 2014) Why can't every day be like that? 

IthinkIwouldcommitsuicideanytimeifitsavedkaty'slifebecauseI'velivedmineandtheworldneedshermore

Offline SpecialK959

• Cherry Chapstick
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2014, 01:31:15 PM »
Such bullshit. I'm so tired of the world cowering and censoring itself as to not offend an offensive group of people. It's time we move forward.

Offline TheMouse

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2014, 05:49:37 PM »
May I suggest that this topic is closed? THIS is in fact a totally useless one!

Offline katycat4life1

• I'm CrayCray. Just thought I would let u know :P
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2014, 05:27:26 PM »
It's just a music video, honestly. What it's alright to make movies with that type of controversy yet cause it's a music video - get rid of it.

Proud Katycat #52620