Author Topic: Dark Horse Video Response  (Read 344 times)

Offline sunnystarzx

• Is Ready
  • Still Breakin' in the New Shoes.
Dark Horse Video Response
« on: February 26, 2014, 03:28:57 PM »
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to know all your opinions on the Dark Horse Video, especially with the controversy in the media with regards to the Necklace on one of the suitors... including this article http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-26359917

Just wanted to know your guys take on all of this.

Thank you :)  :katycat4:

KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.

Offline flapfkp

• Little Voyeur
  • It is all so simple, just deal with it
Re: Dark Horse Video Response
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 06:25:36 PM »
The outcry is trivial tbh. It's one thing if you don't like the video because it doesn't fir the song or you don't like the video itself. But it seems as if people were specifically looking for something to criticize her with. It's the equivalent of a guy in a show or video dying and wearing a cross at the same time. Literally no one has ever taken offense to that. It's ridiculous.

Also, lol @ those who think a petition is going to do anything about it. It has the same effect with 30,000 sigs as if it had 30,000,000 sigs. People are nuts I swear

07/02/14 Sunrise, FL
08/17/14 St. Louis, MO
10/11/14 Houston, TX

Katycat # 133136
@flapfkp

Offline TheMouse

• Know it all
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 06:57:54 PM »

This person's response perfectly represents my response. The guy in Bradford, UK, is a culturally, religiously brainwashed nutter. As many Muslims who ALSO live in my town district are.

Me and my new ADMIRA from Spain are gonna be one damn firework.
I love her unconditionally.

:firework: :frolickingghost: :firework:

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline flapfkp

• Little Voyeur
  • It is all so simple, just deal with it
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 07:08:14 PM »

This person's response perfectly represents my response. The guy in Bradford, UK, is a culturally, religiously brainwashed nutter. As many Muslims who ALSO live in my town district are.

I'm completely against the people "offended" by the video, and I appreciate the effort in that person's response to express that, but the way Muslims are described there is incredibly generalized and stereotyped. The majority of Muslims are peaceful people looking for the same thing any other Christian/Jew/Atheist/etc. is looking for. There are equally radical Christians out there. I have many Islamic friends and none of them are looking to cause terror. That's an incredibly fractional portion of the population.

07/02/14 Sunrise, FL
08/17/14 St. Louis, MO
10/11/14 Houston, TX

Katycat # 133136
@flapfkp

Offline sunnystarzx

• Is Ready
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 11:31:31 AM »

i completely agree with this..
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.

Offline Olivia

• Calendar Bitch
  • Is Ready
  • http://yoppappop.blogspot.fr/
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 02:30:14 PM »

see, that's EXACTLY what i meant in the other thread when i said that Muslims are mistaken for terrorists because of a handful (hateful handful) of them doing bad things... when i said people were afraid of Muslims, you said no. This is for me just proof of fear leading to huge mistake. That text is just full of hate and agressivity.

And for the record, again, the fact that the name of Hallah was DESTROYED during the video is the problem. It is clearly offensive for this religion, and has to be respected and corrected, which happened.

Offline sunnystarzx

• Is Ready
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 04:02:49 PM »

see, that's EXACTLY what i meant in the other thread when i said that Muslims are mistaken for terrorists because of a handful (hateful handful) of them doing bad things... when i said people were afraid of Muslims, you said no. This is for me just proof of fear leading to huge mistake. That text is just full of hate and agressivity.

And for the record, again, the fact that the name of Hallah was DESTROYED during the video is the problem. It is clearly offensive for this religion, and has to be respected and corrected, which happened.

i didn't mean for this thread to cause any trouble in any way, just wanted to see other peoples opinions - sorry if it has come across that I'm causing trouble  :strawberry:
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.

Offline TheMouse

• Know it all
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 04:05:22 PM »
I see your point, Olivia, but instead of going on and on about it even after the editing, and talking about complete nuts stuff like the 'victory of Islam' like thousands have done on the Internet because a small detail has been retouched in a music video a simple 'thanks' from all the 'offended' people would have done. But who can expect that from retarded fanatics, they create the hate for them by themselves.

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline Olivia

• Calendar Bitch
  • Is Ready
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2014, 04:07:25 PM »
i didn't mean for this thread to cause any trouble in any way, just wanted to see other peoples opinions - sorry if it has come across that I'm causing trouble  :strawberry:

really don't think you are, personnally... For now, this is just a conversation with opinions, even though i think it's similar to the "petition" one :-)

Offline Olivia

• Calendar Bitch
  • Is Ready
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2014, 04:08:37 PM »
I see your point, Olivia, but instead of going on and on about it even after the editing, and talking about complete nuts stuff like the 'victory of Islam' like thousands have done on the Internet because a small detail has been retouched in a music video a simple 'thanks' from all the 'offended' people would have done. But who can expect that from retarded fanatics, they create the hate for them by themselves.

yeah, stupid for stupid... they come from every religions, not exclusively Muslims :-)

Offline TheMouse

• Know it all
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2014, 04:16:52 PM »

yeah, stupid for stupid... they come from every religions, not exclusively Muslims :-)
That's why I don't have one   :lol: btw, you know what scientists found out about god recently? - She's black!

Offline Olivia

• Calendar Bitch
  • Is Ready
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2014, 04:20:04 PM »

That's why I don't have one   :lol: btw, you know what scientists found out about god recently? - She's black!

LOL !!! Same for me... It's too close to propaganda to my taste... And i knew this joke but it's still funny everytime !