Author Topic: Katy Prism Collection for Claire's  (Read 14509 times)

Offline TheMouse

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
Re: Katy Prism Collection for Claire's
« Reply #285 on: July 18, 2014, 09:04:19 PM »
Claire's charge ridiculous prices for such badly made stuff.

Exactly! I refuse to buy anything else from these collections at Claire's because they are cashing in on Katy's name in all the wrong ways. Don't get me wrong, I know it's what businesses do these days but Claire's do a terrible job of it!

Yes!  When I was younger, I always thought that Claire's stuff was cheap and cheerful but it has gone down hill since then and the prices have gone up  :grr: It makes no sense to me.  I love the design of some of their stuff, especially the Katy stuff BUT, just for example, ass the gems on my Unconditionally ring have fallen out already  :-\
I'm really sorry to read that the items are that bad! I kind of guessed the cheaply mass produced things could never really be worth their money, but what annoys me is that if the quality is actually below every expectation to this extent it gives Katy a bad name in connection with it, too. If that's how things are I can only wish her that she'll find a better company once the current contract ends.
The books are the only items I bought, and it seems they're much better than the jewellery. I mean these:

I really enjoy having those - they're beautiful and well made!

❤ Kitty Purry is my favorite cat ❤

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline cherry_chapstick

• U think you're a Genius!
  • All of your charms have worked on me
« Reply #286 on: July 18, 2014, 10:13:42 PM »
^I LOVE my notebooks too!! Completely in love with the Roar one,,, I don't want to use it :kittypurry:
~ Nicole/24/Australia ~

PWT - November 21, 2014 :firework:
PWT - December 13, 2014

Offline Amelia83

• Wants a Taste Test
  • So phenomenal... the way you make me feel.
« Reply #287 on: July 18, 2014, 10:26:27 PM »
^I LOVE my notebooks too!! Completely in love with the Roar one,,, I don't want to use it :kittypurry:

I haven't used mine either!!! Maybe I should have ordered 2 of each... one to use and one to keep  :hehe:

Offline Amelia83

• Wants a Taste Test
« Reply #288 on: July 18, 2014, 10:27:51 PM »
current collections:
Roar
Wildflower

future collections:
Meow
Reflections
 :katycat1:

Ohhhh what's the Meow collection??? Are there any details? Hope it's covered in cats!  :katycat2: :katycat3: :katycat4: :hellokaty: :kittypurry: :katycat1:

Offline TheMouse

• I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #289 on: July 19, 2014, 01:30:51 AM »

I haven't used mine either!!! Maybe I should have ordered 2 of each... one to use and one to keep  :hehe:
LOL!  :lol: That's exactly what I did, in the shop they had two of each left and I bought them! I want to use one of the Roar, it's connected with my singing, so at least it figures. (Yes, I wouldn't just write shopping lists in them, haha!)

❤ Kitty Purry is my favorite cat ❤

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline robotindisguise87

« Reply #290 on: July 19, 2014, 11:30:28 PM »
Melbourne CDT - 28/4/11
Sydney KP3D Premiere -30/6/12
Sydney Sunrise Concert - 29/10/13
Belfast PWT - 7/05/14
Belfast PWT - 8/05/14
Perth PWT - 7/11/14
Perth PWT - 8/11/14
Melbourne PWT - 18/11/14

Offline Amelia83

• Wants a Taste Test
« Reply #291 on: July 19, 2014, 11:51:48 PM »
Couple of other photos posted

Reflections
https://twitter.com/Alison_YYW/status/490080929269153793

Meow/Kitten
https://twitter.com/Alison_YYW/status/490081948266934273

Thank you for finding those!!!  Definitely a couple from the Kitten collection that I would like  :katycat2:

Offline cherry_chapstick

• U think you're a Genius!
  • All of your charms have worked on me
« Reply #292 on: July 20, 2014, 05:20:29 AM »
OMG!!!! The kitten collection!! (Is it really called Kitten? Meow sounds so much better...) How cute is it! Me thinks I'll be ordering a bit of that when it comes out! The Reflections collection isn't really me but it's nice :)
~ Nicole/24/Australia ~

PWT - November 21, 2014 :firework:
PWT - December 13, 2014

Offline katrieberkatycat

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • Katy makes my heart happy.
« Reply #293 on: July 20, 2014, 08:24:10 AM »
Oh the reflections and the kitten collection are the best I've seen! So pretty!

(I've got the prism notebook too, and I only write katy related things in it  :hehe:)
26/10/11 CDT + got on stage
17/10/13 Met the lady herself!
20/05/14, 21/05/14, 28/05/14, 30/05/14 Prismatic world tour

Twitter http://twitter.com/katrieber

Offline KISStroyer/Katytroyer

• Ignites the Light
  • Houston Crew for life. 10/11/14- <3
« Reply #294 on: July 22, 2014, 12:20:38 AM »
So I had orginally decided not to buy anything as none of it really seemed like something I'd wear and/or use, HOWEVER, I went to some stores today with my girlfriend and she mentioned that they have a Katy collection at claires, which I had known about but never seen. Went to our local one and walked right past it without realizing it, we had given up and were walking out and run right into it.

I bought the silver "Let the light in" triangle necklace. Love it and plan on wearing it everywhere, only problem is the clip is hard for me to do but I'll manage. Also bought the Roar phonecase. When I saw the photo online I thought my current case and some previous Katy cases were better, but when I saw it in person and saw that it was holographic I immediately grabbed it. Only problem I had with that was the jewels on the side. Was debating on popping them off, but I kinda like the feel of them when I hold my phone, having the bumps there.

Also I have now converted my girlfriend to Katy Perryism. She loved all of the jewelry there and ended up buying the unconditionally ring. Played the song for her when we left and she loves it. I left her in my van with it running and green day playing through my phone so I could go inside my house to grab something, I walk back out and she had changed it to Unconditionally XD. She is now one of us!

KISS: 12/5/09; 9/17/10; 8/3/12; 8/31/14
Katy: 10/10/14; 10/11/14 <3
The Pretty Reckless: 9/28/14 (M&G)
Twitter

Offline sunnystarzx

• Wannabe Stalker
  • Still Breakin' in the New Shoes.
« Reply #295 on: July 22, 2014, 03:03:20 PM »
I haven't bought anything.. far too expensive!
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.

Offline SmackUTwice

• Can Belch the Alphabet
  • You Did It BAYBEE!
« Reply #296 on: July 22, 2014, 11:06:07 PM »
TBH. I was very excited for this stuff. Then it came.. and it looks lovely. But it's definitely expensive... and... many things are cheaply made. I splurged and paid a whopping $16 for a phone case (I aint got money for that, lol) and it immediately started either tarnishing or the silver/chrome finish rubbed right off.

I love sales and a good one was buy 2 get 1 free... and I still couldnt get myself to buy things from it. lol

*sigh* lol

Offline katykicksass

• Not What I Planned
  • I love a California Gurl named Katy Perry
« Reply #297 on: July 23, 2014, 09:29:09 AM »
I've only bought the jewelry. I have 4 rings and 2 necklaces. I hope they don't tarnish.
06/30/11 Toronto, Air Canada Centre
07/18/14 Toronto, Air Canada Centre
07/21/14 Toronto, Air Canada Centre

Offline chismism

• Out to Lunch
  • "Like A Lightning Bolt, Your Heart Will Glow!"
« Reply #298 on: July 23, 2014, 06:09:03 PM »
Went to my local Claire's retail store last night, and all the KP jewelery pieces were on sale for $5.00. If you're here in the States, you might have to check out your local store to see if the same sale applies!

Bought myself the Roar ring as it's the most masculine. 
"Be kind whenever possible; As it is always possible." --Dalai Lama

Offline sunnystarzx

• Wannabe Stalker
  • Still Breakin' in the New Shoes.
« Reply #299 on: July 28, 2014, 06:52:56 AM »
its a shame its such a gorgeous collection, just far too expensive
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.