Author Topic: Favorite Katy song of all time?  (Read 268 times)

Offline katykrackel

• Reading Hemingway
  • Take a chance...
Favorite Katy song of all time?
« on: February 10, 2014, 01:54:50 AM »
I was just wondering what everyone's favorite song was from Katy. I couldn't find a thread asking this, so if there is already a thread, mods be my guest and merge it! :kittypurry:

If you HAD to pick one song from each album(you can also include Katy's Christian album), what would they be? Then, after you chose your three, pick your absolute favorite out of those three. Also, I wanted to know why it means so much to you. Is it the lyrics? Is it the meaning of the song? Does the song bring back any memories for you?

I'll start.

One of The Boys: If You Can Afford Me
Teenage Dream: Teenage Dream
Prism: Unconditionally

My all-time favorite: Unconditionally. I pick Unconditionally because it reminds me of this little man right here:

The lyrics "Come just as you are to me, don't need apologies, know that you are worthy. I'll take your bad days with your good, walk through the storm I would. I do it all because I love you" mean so much to me because the baby in the photo(my nephew) is a little developmentally delayed and he has his times where all he does is cry and scream because he can't tell anyone what he wants, and it's like it never ends, but he shows his smile and I realize in .00002 seconds why I do what I do for him. I love him unconditionally, and nothing is going to change that. I LOVE that Katy's lyrics are so relatable and this was just one reason why I chose Unconditionally. :xx:

You think you've seen her in a magazine, it's like she walked right out of your dreams...

Offline Unstoppable

• Dressing Up
  • She's so soft 0_0
Re: Favorite Katy song of all time?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 05:11:32 AM »
I like this tread idea :3

I will start by picking one from each album!  My fave Katy Hudson song is 'Trust in Me' because it reminds me of the first few months after I bought my fist horse, it was hard but he learnt to trust me and I learnt to trust him and it all worked out in the end!  'Lost' is my fave from OOTB because it came out at the time when I needed to start growing up and in this society, 'lost' is definitely how you feel at that time.  Teenage Dream: 'Firework'because well, everything that came with that song was perfect and it came just at the right time for me again.  I had just made a few major decisions in my life and had been through a lot actually and I think I was able to find my spark again thanks to that song.  I don't know what my fave from Prism is yet, I love them all so much for different reasons.  Maybe I need a few years to reflect back on it to truly decide but I love; Unconditionally, Choose Your Battles, Roar, Love Me and Legendary Lovers.

But my all time fave is from The Complete Confection - Wide Awake.  This song means everything to me, and the video :)  It really was a great end to a great era for Katy and in my life also. 

California Dreams Tour ~ Manchester 31/10/11
#KP3D Premiere ~ London 03/07/12
The Prismatic World Tour ~ Birmingham 13/05/14, Lyon 20/02/15
Thank you Katy.  I'll try my best to let the light in ▽ ♥

@lizzietothet on Twitter and Facebook :hellokaty:

Offline TheMouse

• Know it all
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 10:39:54 AM »
From OOTB, it is probably Thinking Of You, because I once found a video of one of Katy's earlier live performances from which I could copy all her chords in it; they're not the ones which are in the books, and every time I play it now it still feels like something incredibly special to me. Unfortunately, the contents of the lyrics are not far from my own experience, even with my first girlfriend ever I was kind of thinking of a different woman, which didn't feel quite right.
From TD it's Firework for me, I just love both hearing and singing it, it's like taking your vitamin D pills on a dark night in winter, and what it does for me makes it my favorite of all the albums together.
Hard to decide between Dark Horse and Unconditionally on Prism, but if I have to I'll pick Unconditionally because it's such a beautiful song to sing, and I remember how it meant so much to Katy from the beginning which is also a factor. This week I want to sing 3 songs in a place somewhere THU evening, and the only one I've even definitely decided on yet is Unconditionally. 
And, maybe Search Me; the easy but totally effective guitar style fascinated me.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 10:42:08 AM by TheMouse »

Me and my new ADMIRA from Spain are gonna be one damn firework.
I love her unconditionally.

:firework: :frolickingghost: :firework:

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline Michaelf7777777

• Out to Lunch
  • Katycat
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 07:31:10 PM »
From One of the Boys its Ur so Gay just over I Kissed a Girl, Waking of In Vegas, Hot N Cold and Thinking of You

From Teenage Dream its E.T. just over California Gurls, TGIF, Teenage Dream, Circle the Drain,  :mrmystery::firework:, Perl and Hummingbird Heartbeat.

From Prism its Roar just over Unconditionally, Dark Horse, Walking on Air and Birthday.

My current favourite - although it has a tendency to change often based on factors such as circumstance and personal mood - is E.T.

Offline flapfkp

• Little Voyeur
  • It is all so simple, just deal with it
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 08:27:34 PM »
One of the Boys: Thinking of You
Teenage Dream: Hummingbird Heartbeat and Circle the Drain (they switch on a daily basis)
Prism: It Takes Two

Talk about a "stripped down" song, Thinking of You is the song that made me fall for Katy. Because I consider myself a Katycat for only 5 months now, I was obviously always aware of Katy, and thought of her as just another pop singer. Sure, Firework and CG were fun songs, but probably just more produced music with no real meaning. But when I paid closer attention to her towards the beginning of Autumn last year, I started hearing songs like Wide Awake, Lost, and other deeper songs. I never realized her actual singing talent until I saw the MTV Unplugged version of Thinking of You. Now, as she says, I took a chance, and I haven't ever looked back   :dreamboat:

I like Hummingbird Heartbeat and Circle the Drain for the different attitudes she shows in them. Circle the Drain has so much sass; I love it. Hummingbird Heartbeat is so innocently dirty, it's awesome.

It Takes Two is one of the deepest Katy songs for me. Not only are the lyrics touching, but it displays some of her best vocal performances. I can't wait to hear it live.

07/02/14 Sunrise, FL
08/17/14 St. Louis, MO
10/11/14 Houston, TX

Katycat # 133136
@flapfkp

Offline SantaBarbaraKitty

• Makes U Spark A Firework
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 12:39:20 PM »
OOTB: Thinking of You.  Seeing this music video on MTV was the reason I fell in love with Katy and her music, so this song will always have special meaning to me.  It also describes a lot of relationships I've been in that end, and I feel as though I want them back because I can't get them out of my head and don't think I can do any better.  With this song, I just feel that she gets me completely.
Teenage Dream: Teenage Dream.  Like Thinking of You, this song perfectly describes being in love for me.  Every day feels like a fairytale and I never want it to end.  The phrase "no regrets, just love" is basically my motto.  When I'm in a relationship, I'm all in despite the fact it may end in heartbreak.  It's better to have loved and lost than never loved at all.
Prism: Dark Horse.  It's such an amazing song to get me pumped to go out, and so unlike anything she's ever done before.  Whenever I hear it on the radio, I just start dancing.